The Royal Forums Coat of Arms

Go Back   The Royal Forums > Reigning Houses > Royal House of Sweden > Current Events Archive

Join The Royal Forums Today
Closed Thread

Old 03-02-2011, 03:48 PM
Majesty
TRF Author

Quote:
Originally Posted by Iva View Post
Yes, SRF can manage without Madeleine carrying out royal duties and they are already doing so for some time. The same goes for her brother. They both have minimum of public engagements. While I agree with what you wrote, "dumping his girlfriend and starting to do real work", I think in regards of work, the same goes for Madeleine.
Exactly. She is basically doing nothing there, apart from some alibi charity work. Most royals who decide to keep public duties to a minimum and live abroad have proper jobs and work for their living (eg the Dutch princes).

IMO its a sleazy attitude for a royal to have it both ways, live abroad to get away from it all (duty, paparazzi) but keeping the royal title and benefit from it (being a wealthy socialite). Victoria seems to be the only child who has interited Silvia's discipline and sense of duty, or maybe she was the only child who was educated in that sense, the other two are more or less a total loss in that respect, including the wanna-be-famous partner. HRHs for nothing and rather whining about the media intrusion than paying respect to the huge privileges.

Old 03-03-2011, 01:32 PM
Imperial Majesty
Royal Blogger

Quote:
I think in regards of work, the same goes for Madeleine.
Totally agree with what you say about Madeleine.
Carl-Philip is doing a better job than his sister has done in the past 3 or 4 years IMO and I commend that. CP doesn't IMO need to dump his girlfriend and do real work, he has shown that he serves his country well and his girlfriend is nothing worse than any other scandal that has hit almost every royal family.

Madeleine needs to make a decision, be a Princess in your own country and bring your boyfriend home with you. He seems like a good person, who hasn't done anything wrong to Madeleine. Or, give up your title and move to NYC to be with Chris over there. She could make a nice living on the charity circle i'm sure.

Quote:
Originally Posted by Duke of Marmalade View Post
Exactly. She is basically doing nothing there, apart from some alibi charity work. Most royals who decide to keep public duties to a minimum and live abroad have proper jobs and work for their living (eg the Dutch princes).

IMO its a sleazy attitude for a royal to have it both ways, live abroad to get away from it all (duty, paparazzi) but keeping the royal title and benefit from it (being a wealthy socialite). Victoria seems to be the only child who has interited Silvia's discipline and sense of duty, or maybe she was the only child who was educated in that sense, the other two are more or less a total loss in that respect, including the wanna-be-famous partner. HRHs for nothing and rather whining about the media intrusion than paying respect to the huge privileges.
You're post is excellently written, well said.

Old 03-03-2011, 02:22 PM
Imperial Majesty

Chris talking to his phone while Madeleine was at the Red Cross ball.
Scanpix Norge
Madeleine and Chris Shopping, 21st February
Scanpix Norge
Scanpix Norge
Old 03-03-2011, 04:08 PM
Heir Presumptive

PM has plumped up a bit and looks very good.
Old 03-04-2011, 05:28 AM
Heir Apparent

Quote:
I have to agree. Looks that she is attracted to the wrong type of guys. But who knows, maybe we're completly wrong.
He has a similar type of beauty, and of character...time will show.
Old 03-04-2011, 05:23 PM
Courtier

Is it only me who thinks, that Chris is resembling a lot to Elvis Presley?
Old 03-04-2011, 05:43 PM
Imperial Majesty
Royal Blogger

He looks nothing like Elvis to me.
Old 03-04-2011, 06:18 PM
Royal Highness

Quote:
Originally Posted by Tilla View Post
Is it only me who thinks, that Chris is resembling a lot to Elvis Presley?
From the above photos at a distance he does look like Elvis Presley.
Old 03-05-2011, 12:54 AM
Gentry

-P. Madeleine wants to stay in NYC and her family agrees because she and her family feel embarrasement about her break up with Jonas (he dumped her).
-P. Madeleine does NOT fall in love with Chris. She only needs a man at this time to cure her feelings. P. Madeliene will NOT choose Chris, but Chris chooses P. Madeliene.
-Chris is just a normal person who can give up everthing for any royal princess or prince. He gave up every relationship with every woman in his life since he met Princess.
Old 03-05-2011, 05:43 AM
Imperial Majesty
Royal Blogger

Quote:
Originally Posted by sriwadee
-P. Madeleine wants to stay in NYC and her family agrees because she and her family feel embarrasement about her break up with Jonas (he dumped her).
-P. Madeleine does NOT fall in love with Chris. She only needs a man at this time to cure her feelings. P. Madeliene will NOT choose Chris, but Chris chooses P. Madeliene.
-Chris is just a normal person who can give up everthing for any royal princess or prince. He gave up every relationship with every woman in his life since he met Princess.
How do you know that any of this is true? For me it sounds like nonsense.
Old 03-05-2011, 02:45 PM
Courtier

Thank you, dear georgiea, your answer was very nice.
Old 03-07-2011, 12:02 AM
Gentry

Those are my opinion.
If I'm not wrong, his full name is Christopher John O'Neill.
Old 03-07-2011, 02:13 PM
Imperial Majesty

Madeleine and Chris at breakfast in NY:
Madeleinen ja poikaystävän hellä kosketus kahvilassa - Katso kuva! | Viihde | Iltalehti.fi
Old 03-07-2011, 08:45 PM
Heir Presumptive

Everytime I see her in NY she's eating!
She better be careful cause it's very easy to gain weight in Manhattan.
Old 03-08-2011, 01:38 PM
Courtier

i think she has gained weight
Old 03-08-2011, 08:16 PM
Serene Highness

If Princess Madeleine wants to stay in New York, I don't know why people are criticizing her for doing so. A lot of royals live in New York or have apartments in New York. Many royals don't even live in their country of origin (some of course can't for obvious reasons).
Old 03-09-2011, 04:05 AM
Serene Highness

How do the press get these pictures? Send people to different restaurants every morning?
Old 03-09-2011, 06:10 AM
Courtier

Quote:
Originally Posted by nascarlucy View Post
If Princess Madeleine wants to stay in New York, I don't know why people are criticizing her for doing so. A lot of royals live in New York or have apartments in New York. Many royals don't even live in their country of origin (some of course can't for obvious reasons).
I can't speak for others, but I don't have problem with Madeleine living in New York or Moscow or wherever she wishes to live. My problem is that she is having it both ways. She's living in New York, "working" for her mom's charity which she is not paid for, she's stated it herself that she's traveling at her own cost etc. I'm not aware of any high pay job she had before so I'd assume that the money for her appartment, traveling etc. comes from her parents, who are paid by swedish taxpayers. Since she's performing minimum of royal engagements, they are virtually paying her for nothing.
I know from the top of my head just about two couples from reigning european houses who are living abroad. Cristina & Inaki in Washington and Friso & Mabel in London. The difference between them and Madeleine is that they are actually working there and earning for their living.
Old 03-09-2011, 09:44 AM
Courtier

Quote:
Originally Posted by Esmerelda View Post
How do the press get these pictures? Send people to different restaurants every morning?
Hi Esmeralda,
I thought, London is THE city of paparazzis, so I thought you might know.....

No, in this case there are many possible ways to get the pictures.
- The paparazzi knows the addresses of HIS appartment and HER appartment -- and some pics has already been made by entering/leaving the appartments.
- Apart from that there are many "IN-Locations", which are observed by paparazzis regularily -- not only reg. the Princess, but also other Celebrities, i.e. Hollywood Actors, Billionaires, Celebrity woman, etc. -- such as the Boat House in the Central Park, where the first pics of the couple were made.
- last but not least: Paparazzis have a great network of gatekeepers, bar owners, concierges in hotels, etc etc, where they get tips, i.e. this and that person just entered our restaurant/bar.... so they are able to quickly move to this location and take some pics.
- and surely there are many many more ways.

BYe Bine
Old 03-09-2011, 10:30 AM
Majesty
TRF Author

Quote:
Originally Posted by Esmerelda View Post
They do whatever because there is a market for such pictures. Somebody will live very well off getting up early / staying up late / hanging around the apartments or paying someone else to do so and selling the result to the mainly European market for royalty.

Madeleine broke off an engagement, she is one of the soap opera royals. Cristina of Spain or Friso of the Netherlands lead boring family lifes, not very interesting.

Tags
chris o'neill, princess madeleine