The Royal Forums Coat of Arms

Go Back   The Royal Forums > Reigning Houses > Royal House of Sweden > Current Events Archive

Join The Royal Forums Today
Closed Thread

Old 01-19-2011, 06:35 PM
Heir Apparent

If he doesn't know Madeline is a princess, his mummy does.

Anyhoo, some say the woman in the video isn't Madeline at all.

Old 01-19-2011, 08:07 PM
Serene Highness

If he didn't know that she is a Princess, he sure does now.

I hope things work out for her. She deserves someone who loves and respects her.

Old 01-19-2011, 08:13 PM
Heir Presumptive

I am so happy for her, everyone deserves to be happy !
Old 01-20-2011, 03:42 AM
Courtier

I don´t understand why so often the opinion is given in this thread that Madeleine "deserves" love or so. She doesn´t deserve it more or less than any other person IMO and IMO she has of course her share in the break-up with Jonas.
And concerning this Mr. O´Neill: I have no good feeling, he´s IMO similar to Jonas from his shape and already being him 36 of age is IMO also alarming. Has he been married before?
Old 01-20-2011, 10:15 AM
Heir Presumptive

Madeleine and Chris O'Neill in Stockholm back in August.
http://myroyal.files.wordpress.com/2011/01/2252.jpg
Old 01-20-2011, 10:54 AM

Quote:
Originally Posted by Stefanie View Post
And concerning this Mr. O´Neill: I have no good feeling, he´s IMO similar to Jonas from his shape and already being him 36 of age is IMO also alarming. Has he been married before?
In NYC, its common for men (and women) to still be unmarried well into their 30s.

Old 01-20-2011, 10:56 AM
Serene Highness

Daniel was 36 when he married Victoria and Phillipe of Belgium was 39 when he got married. We'll have to know more about him to judge what he's like.
Old 01-20-2011, 04:32 PM
Majesty
TRF Author

Quote:
Originally Posted by Lumutqueen View Post
A; Shall we agree to disagree on this matter, I think Madeleine should be in Sweden doing duties and when she's needed in NY she can pop over throughout the year rather than living there. I have already said I think Madeleine is milking her supposedly broken heart.
Couldnt agree more. Madeleine strikes me as a bit spoiled and superficial, enjoying the priviliges but not willing to face the storm at home. She is attracting a certain type of men who in the end get tired of worshipping the ground the princess walks on while having enjoyed their share of the limelight.

Quote:
KittyAtlanta If he doesn't know Madeline is a princess, his mummy does.
Exactly
Old 01-20-2011, 04:45 PM
Royal Highness

Quote:
Originally Posted by CrownPrincess5
Madeleine and Chris O'Neill in Stockholm back in August.
http://myroyal.files.wordpress.com/2011/01/2252.jpg
Well I think that should end the question of if he knew she was a Princess or not.....
Old 01-21-2011, 04:26 PM
Courtier

There's an error in the thread-title. The princess's name is MadelEine and not MadelAine. Can someone correct it please?
Old 01-21-2011, 04:26 PM
Aristocracy

I'm stuck between agreeing she should be in Sweden working, and saying it's not a big deal that's shes in NYC because I doubt that she would be doing much of anything in Sweden anyways. I doubt shes working at Childhood in a 9 to 5 sense, but rather occasionally/periodically doing volunteering type work.
Old 01-21-2011, 04:30 PM
Courtier

Quote:
Originally Posted by lilnana View Post
I doubt shes working at Childhood in a 9 to 5 sense, but rather occasionally/periodically doing volunteering type work.
Why? Why is is that unusual for her to have a 9 to 5 job? Because she is princess? Or because she is a spoiled brat who's just wasting time?
Old 01-21-2011, 04:56 PM
Aristocracy

I didn't say it would be unusual for her to have a 9 to 5 job because shes a princess, in fact that would be wonderful if it was true. I see her as somewhat spoiled but in the 'she so spoiled she must be a horrible personality' sense, but rather she knows knows she doesn't' have to work much so she does what the minimum she can get away with. If you look at the annual report from 2009 from the court, most of her appearance is apart of a group, official visits/dinners, or fashion related. Granted a large chunk of what she did is Childhood related, so it is indeed important to her, but I don't think her work ethic would stand up to 9 to 5, 5 days a week.

To be honesty if she wants to stay in New York, then that's fine, but I don't want to see her flying home to Sweden just for the galas and state dinners and other big ticket items. Fairy tale princesses are suppose to be glamorous, but the real ones should have substances.
Old 01-21-2011, 11:07 PM
Heir Presumptive

Quote:
Originally Posted by Stefanie View Post
I don´t understand why so often the opinion is given in this thread that Madeleine "deserves" love or so. She doesn´t deserve it more or less than any other person IMO and IMO she has of course her share in the break-up with Jonas.

His age is not alarming. She's 3 days younger than I am, so we're both going to be 29 this year. A 29 year old with a 36 year old is not alarming, by any stretch of the imagination.

Not all men get married in their early or late 20s. My dad was 22, but some of my friends' fathers were in their mid-30s. You get married when you feel you're with the person you want to spend the rest of your life with. That may be at 22, 32, 42 or 52. There's no maximum age requirement.
"The grass was greener / The light was brighter / The taste was sweeter / The nights of wonder / With friends surrounded / The dawn mist glowing / The water flowing / The endless river / Forever and ever........ "
Old 01-22-2011, 03:50 AM
Heir Presumptive

I read an article which interviewed Madeleine's work with the childhood foundation and it gave insight as to her job duties for the foundation and I believe the interviewer followed her around to see what a typical workday for her is like. Madeleine said she works from about 9am to as late 5 or 6pm. She said when shes not out doing something official she's in the office on the computer all day. I didn't think she worked really hard until I read that and I realized she really does take this childhood seriously and from what I read I gathered that she really is a hard worker...she has to be hardworking cause what her job entails.

We never see her in the office working, we only see her partying or having fun and that makes her look like a spoiled brat. I cut her some slack cause one cannot have all work and no play in New York...the city that never sleeps
Old 01-22-2011, 04:14 AM
Nobility

Quote:
Originally Posted by CrownPrincess5 View Post
I read an article which interviewed Madeleine's work with the childhood foundation and it gave insight as to her job duties for the foundation and I believe the interviewer followed her around to see what a typical workday for her is like. Madeleine said she works from about 9am to as late 5 or 6pm. She said when shes not out doing something official she's in the office on the computer all day. I didn't think she worked really hard until I read that and I realized she really does take this childhood seriously and from what I read I gathered that she really is a hard worker...she has to be hardworking cause what her job entails.

We never see her in the office working, we only see her partying or having fun and that makes her look like a spoiled brat. I cut her some slack cause one cannot have all work and no play in New York...the city that never sleeps
Maybe they should have taken a photo of her working at the computer. Who knows, she could be playing WOW or EVE-online or solitare all day
Old 01-22-2011, 05:17 AM
Aristocracy

the thing i find funny is that if this guy was in Stockholm last summer between her sisters wedding and the Greek wedding or around that time frame ..then Madeleine obviously was into this guy most likely before her sisters wedding .

meaning she had to have spent enough time with him in NY before she came back for the wedding in June.
to be comfortable with him to the point of him coming to visit her in Stockholm

..so much for her running off to America and grieving about the breakup of her engagement. it almost appears she hopped right from Jonas to this guy pretty fast
Old 01-22-2011, 06:26 AM
Nobility

Well, you know, they could be just friends...
Old 01-22-2011, 07:05 AM
Courtier

Quote:
Originally Posted by CrownPrincess5 View Post

That's exactly what I meant before. No-one sees her working in the office on a regular basis and therefore many think she does only a few appearances here and there and otherwise wasting her time partying the day and night away. Thanks for this information, CrownPrincess. It's nice to know she really works hard ll day just like all of us (or at least like all of us should).

Quote:
Originally Posted by doric44 View Post
the thing i find funny is that if this guy was in Stockholm last summer between her sisters wedding and the Greek wedding or around that time frame ..then Madeleine obviously was into this guy most likely before her sisters wedding .

meaning she had to have spent enough time with him in NY before she came back for the wedding in June.
to be comfortable with him to the point of him coming to visit her in Stockholm

..so much for her running off to America and grieving about the breakup of her engagement. it almost appears she hopped right from Jonas to this guy pretty fast
But that's all just speculation on your part with absolutely no proof. Personally I believe her that she needed a new surrounding to get over her break-up. And if that's NY where she can combine work and getting-over-Jonas than that's fine with me.
Old 01-22-2011, 09:26 AM
Serene Highness

Maybe taking pictures where she works is off limits or prohibited. Some workplaces don't allow pictures or it might be for security reasons that she is not photographed at work.

Tags
chris o'neill, princess madeleine