The Royal Forums Coat of Arms

Go Back   The Royal Forums > Reigning Houses > Royal House of Sweden > Current Events Archive

Join The Royal Forums Today
Closed Thread

Old 08-11-2012, 07:32 PM
Royal Highness

Quote:
Originally Posted by LadyFinn View Post
But has the king made the same with Sofia Hellqvist?
It wasn't necessary. Everything is visible on her photos.

Old 08-17-2012, 10:01 AM
Imperial Majesty

The royal court has put an official press release to it's website about Johan T Lindwall writing in his new book that the King ordered SÄPO to check the backgrounds of Chris and Eva O'Neill.

Denial of data in new book
Based upon information at a recent book the Marshal of the Realm wants to inform:
In the book "Madeleine Prinsessan privat" by Johan T Lindwall it is said that His Majesty the King on two occasions has given the court an order to ask the Security Police carry out checks on persons close to Princess Madeleine.
The alleged information made that this would have been ordered by His Majesty the King are rejected firmly.
Mats Nilsson
The deputy Marshal of the Realm
Dementi av uppgifter i ny bok - Sveriges Kungahus

Old 08-25-2012, 02:14 AM
Imperial Majesty

Johan T Lindwall writes in his book "Madeleine Prinsessan privat" that
Chris O'Neill had early shown a great interest in Queen Silvia's Childhood organization. Without Madeleine's knowledge Chris donated 100 000 dollars to the organization. He had done it anonymously, but Madeleine got to know it through some mutual friends.
Google translated version of Expressen
Old 08-25-2012, 09:35 AM
Majesty
TRF Author

Chris' mother is an excellent society networker, defo A-list + connections. I wouldnt be surprised if she gently guided her son into the right direction.

Does anyone know why they didnt go to Salzburg?
Old 08-25-2012, 10:01 AM
Imperial Majesty

Quote:
Originally Posted by Duke of Marmalade View Post
Chris' mother is an excellent society networker, defo A-list + connections. I wouldnt be surprised if she gently guided her son into the right direction.

Does anyone know why they didnt go to Salzburg?
The reporter of Svensk Damtidning was in Salzburg and met Eva O'Neill there. She told to SD:
- I am very busy. I have 80 people to take care of, she said before she went in.
- It has been a wonderful weekend, thank you so much, she said after the concert.
Eva O'Neill's both daughters and their families attended the Amadeus Weekend, but there wasn't any reason mentioned in SD why Madeleine and Chris didn't attend.
Old 10-18-2012, 08:14 AM
Courtier

According to our (Austrian) magazine News Madeleine and Chris will announce their engagement by the end of November. I wouldn't take this speculation serious though .....
Old 10-18-2012, 08:16 AM
Heir Presumptive
Royal Blogger

There have been reports of "impending" and/or "imminent" engagement announcements for Madeline and Chris (and Carl Philip and Sofia) for ages now.
Until I see an official announcement from the Court, I'm not going to believe any of it any more.
Old 10-18-2012, 08:48 AM
Aristocracy

I agree Artemisia.
Old 10-18-2012, 09:16 AM
Courtier

As I said I wouldn't take it serious. Until the court announces something I don't believe anything.
Old 10-18-2012, 04:34 PM
Aristocracy

although an announcement in November wouldn't surprise me for either of the couples. it gives people who would attend the ability to put the wedding in their schedule for next year. and it doesnt step on the toes of Guillaume and Stephanie
Old 10-22-2012, 09:26 AM
Heir Apparent

Do you think they will have a more cosy wedding or a Royal big wedding celebrity?
Old 10-22-2012, 09:35 AM
Serene Highness

Exactly, rumors spreading around the entire year already.....
as I do not assume, that there will be a "double wedding", who is "allowed" to announce first?
Carl Philipp, because he is more in line to the throne and his relationship is older?
Or Madeleine, because she is Daddy´s girl and deserves a "better" engagement now?

Both will have big, but less grand weddings than Victoria.
Bye Bine
Old 10-25-2012, 02:21 AM
Aristocracy

Engagement announced today for Princess Madeleine?

Many reports today in the Swedish media about an engagement for Princess Madeleine and Chris O'Neill today!
Royal Court spokeperson Bertil Ternert refused to comment but said that an official announcement would be made later in the day on Thursday.
Princess Madeleine engaged to Chris O'Neill - The Local
Old 10-25-2012, 02:30 AM
Heir Presumptive

I would be pleased for her.
I had a dream: Let's connect our thoughts together, than we have a mission, let's connect our feelings together, than we have a mood, let's connect our dreams together, than we have a vision and let's connect our mission, our mood and our vision together than we have a perfect life.
Old 10-25-2012, 02:32 AM
Heir Presumptive

Quote:
Originally Posted by Elektra View Post
Many reports today in the Swedish media about an engagement for Princess Madeleine and Chris O'Neill today! Royal Court spokeperson Bertil Ternert refused to comment but said that an official announcement would be made later in the day on Thursday.
Princess Madeleine engaged to Chris O'Neill - The Local
That's promising. Will be interesting to see if it turns out to be true! I honestly thought Carl-Philip and Sofia would be first.
Old 10-25-2012, 02:47 AM
Courtier
Royal Blogger
Picture of the Month Representative – The Netherlands

The news on "Aftonbladet.se" with a pic

Madeleine och Chris har förlovat sig | Nyheter | Aftonbladet

According to "svt.se" we are going to have more info at 9am Swedish time

http://www.svt.se/nyheter/sverige/pr...r-forlovat-sig ** http://translate.googleusercontent.c...TIr-SGkVJdGdVw
Old 10-25-2012, 02:49 AM
Serene Highness

Looking forward to get the official announcement -and will be delighted, whereas I really really hope for her, that she proved long time enough to make the better choice this time

In another board there started the immediate speculation about Chris Titles, and it was said, that at her first engagement 2009 Jonas would have received the title of a Duke, but no HRH title. Madeleine will keep her´s of course. The children would no longer be HRHs.
So I am interested to see, what the announcement will be in terms of titles and future.
I assume, that Madeleine will remain in NY, travelling occasionally to Sweden for National Day, Nobel Prices etc.

BYe Bine
Old 10-25-2012, 02:50 AM
Serene Highness

Quote:
Originally Posted by Marika86 View Post
Oh, what a WONDERFUL pic !!!!

BYe Bine
Old 10-25-2012, 03:12 AM
Heir Presumptive

Do you think she will ask for approval?
I had a dream: Let's connect our thoughts together, than we have a mission, let's connect our feelings together, than we have a mood, let's connect our dreams together, than we have a vision and let's connect our mission, our mood and our vision together than we have a perfect life.
Old 10-25-2012, 03:14 AM
Heir Presumptive

It's Official now
Congrats!!!!

Prinsessan Madeleine och Herr Christopher O'Neill förlovade - Sveriges Kungahus [NS4 version]

Princess Madeleine and Mr. Christopher O'Neill promised
Marshal of the Realm today pleased to announce the engagement of Princess Madeleine and Mr. Christopher O'Neill.
After HM the King has given his consent to Princess Madeleine marries with Mr. Christopher O'Neill HM the King in accordance with the Constitution, requested government consent.
Date for the wedding has not yet been determined but is scheduled to take place during the summer of 2013.
Svante Lindqvist
Marshal

best wishes

http://www.kungahuset.se/kungafamilj...68ac52a5b.html *** translation

Tags
chris o'neill, princess madeleine