Press Reports about Princess Madeleine and Chris O'Neill: January 2011 - October 2012

If you have answers, please help by responding to the unanswered posts.
Status
Not open for further replies.
Rumour has it that Madeleine and Chris will come again to the Amadeus Weekend during the Salzburg Opera Festivities. The Amadeus Weekend is organized by Chris' mother Eva and is an absolute High-Society charity-event. Simply everyone who counts within the Austrian-German noble and economy circles wants to be there. Since they already were there last year I think it is highly likely they will come this year too.

Expressen's royal reporter Johan T Lindwall spoke about this at Victoria's birthday. He was sure that Madeleine and Chris will attend the Amadeus Weekend.

Expressen's royal reporter, Johan T Lindwall has written a book of Madeleine: "Madeleine Prinsessan privat" (Madeleine, private princess)
Google-kääntäjä

MTV3 writes about the book.
Lindwall tells about the beginning of Madeleine's and Chris' relationship: Chris and Madeleine met in the autumn 2010 in America through common friends. Chris impressed Madeleine right in the beginning. Among other things, the businessman anonymously donated about 8500 euros to Queen Silvia's Childhood organization, where Madeleine works.
After the first photos of the couple appeared in the media, king Carl Gustaf decided to act. To the king it was not enough that his daughter had fallen in love. When she was last time in love Madeleine had been hurt, Jonas Bergström had betrayed her. That's why the king wanted to make sure that his daughter was doing well in a new relationship. Lindwall reveals that the king sent SÄPO-officials to America to investigate the background of Chris O'Neill at the beginning of their relationship. SÄPO worked with FBI. In co-operation were revised if Chris has a criminal record as well as evidence of his studies, housing and the economy. Even Chris's mothers, Eva O'Neill's background was checked. Both came through the review, everything was clean.
- Chris' backgrounds were as pure as white snow. They were unable to find anything than one traffic offense and that he had never voted in elections, says Lindwall.
Yllättävä paljastus Madeleinen suhteesta: Poliisit asialla - MTV3.fi - Viihde - Uutiset

Lindwall has earlier written a similar book of Victoria: Victoria Prinsessan privat. When the book was published, Victoria told that there were many big mistakes at the book. So it seems obvious that also this book of Madeleine can have many mistakes and assumptions.

Last edited:
I understand the King's desire to protect Madeleine, but such extensive background check seems a bit excessive.
If I were in Chris' shoes, I'd be quite troubled by that.

I'd say that really narrows the choice of men for her...not to many men are going to be willing to take all that (everything) on.

LaRae

As mentioned by LadyFinn, author Lindwall is by no means a source of information you can rely on.
On the other hand (gossip about private motives aside), I don't see what should be unusual about a security services' background check of the partner of any Head of State's child and a (then) No. 3 in line to a European throne.

As mentioned by LadyFinn, author Lindwall is by no means a source of information you can rely on.
On the other hand (gossip about private motives aside), I don't see what should be unusual about a security services' background check of the partner of any Head of State's child and a (then) No. 3 in line to a European throne.

But has the king made the same with Sofia Hellqvist?

I understand the King's desire to protect Madeleine, but such extensive background check seems a bit excessive.
If I were in Chris' shoes, I'd be quite troubled by that.

I would have thought such background checks were quite normal. I would assume most royal families would do that with anyone they were unfamiliar with who may marry into their family.

I would have thought such background checks were quite normal. I would assume most royal families would do that with anyone they were unfamiliar with who may marry into their family.
Today many employers do the same background check on prospective employees.

given his 'dashing financier' title, and how most bankers are suspect these days, i think i'd check on him if she were my daughter too!! :ROFLMAO:

The royal court has put an official press release to it's website about Johan T Lindwall writing in his new book that the King ordered SÄPO to check the backgrounds of Chris and Eva O'Neill.

Denial of data in new book
Based upon information at a recent book the Marshal of the Realm wants to inform:
In the book "Madeleine Prinsessan privat" by Johan T Lindwall it is said that His Majesty the King on two occasions has given the court an order to ask the Security Police carry out checks on persons close to Princess Madeleine.
The alleged information made that this would have been ordered by His Majesty the King are rejected firmly.
Mats Nilsson
The deputy Marshal of the Realm
Dementi av uppgifter i ny bok - Sveriges Kungahus

Last edited:
Johan T Lindwall writes in his book "Madeleine Prinsessan privat" that
Chris O'Neill had early shown a great interest in Queen Silvia's Childhood organization. Without Madeleine's knowledge Chris donated 100 000 dollars to the organization. He had done it anonymously, but Madeleine got to know it through some mutual friends.
Google translated version of Expressen

Chris' mother is an excellent society networker, defo A-list + connections. I wouldnt be surprised if she gently guided her son into the right direction.

Does anyone know why they didnt go to Salzburg?

Chris' mother is an excellent society networker, defo A-list + connections. I wouldnt be surprised if she gently guided her son into the right direction.

Does anyone know why they didnt go to Salzburg?

The reporter of Svensk Damtidning was in Salzburg and met Eva O'Neill there. She told to SD:
- I am very busy. I have 80 people to take care of, she said before she went in.
- It has been a wonderful weekend, thank you so much, she said after the concert.
Eva O'Neill's both daughters and their families attended the Amadeus Weekend, but there wasn't any reason mentioned in SD why Madeleine and Chris didn't attend.

According to our (Austrian) magazine News Madeleine and Chris will announce their engagement by the end of November. I wouldn't take this speculation serious though .....

:previous:

There have been reports of "impending" and/or "imminent" engagement announcements for Madeline and Chris (and Carl Philip and Sofia) for ages now.
Until I see an official announcement from the Court, I'm not going to believe any of it any more. ;)

:previous: As I said I wouldn't take it serious. Until the court announces something I don't believe anything. :whistling:

although an announcement in November wouldn't surprise me for either of the couples. it gives people who would attend the ability to put the wedding in their schedule for next year. and it doesnt step on the toes of Guillaume and Stephanie

Do you think they will have a more cosy wedding or a Royal big wedding celebrity?

Exactly, rumors spreading around the entire year already.....
as I do not assume, that there will be a "double wedding", who is "allowed" to announce first?
Carl Philipp, because he is more in line to the throne and his relationship is older?
Or Madeleine, because she is Daddy´s girl and deserves a "better" engagement now?

Both will have big, but less grand weddings than Victoria.
Bye Bine

Engagement announced today for Princess Madeleine?

Many reports today in the Swedish media about an engagement for Princess Madeleine and Chris O'Neill today!
Royal Court spokeperson Bertil Ternert refused to comment but said that an official announcement would be made later in the day on Thursday.
Princess Madeleine engaged to Chris O'Neill - The Local

Last edited:
Many reports today in the Swedish media about an engagement for Princess Madeleine and Chris O'Neill today! Royal Court spokeperson Bertil Ternert refused to comment but said that an official announcement would be made later in the day on Thursday.
Princess Madeleine engaged to Chris O'Neill - The Local

That's promising. Will be interesting to see if it turns out to be true! I honestly thought Carl-Philip and Sofia would be first.

Looking forward to get the official announcement -and will be delighted, whereas I really really hope for her, that she proved long time enough to make the better choice this time ;)

In another board there started the immediate speculation about Chris Titles, and it was said, that at her first engagement 2009 Jonas would have received the title of a Duke, but no HRH title. Madeleine will keep her´s of course. The children would no longer be HRHs.
So I am interested to see, what the announcement will be in terms of titles and future.
I assume, that Madeleine will remain in NY, travelling occasionally to Sweden for National Day, Nobel Prices etc.

BYe Bine

It's Official now :)
Congrats!!!! :twohearts: :rose:

Prinsessan Madeleine och Herr Christopher O'Neill förlovade - Sveriges Kungahus [NS4 version]

Princess Madeleine and Mr. Christopher O'Neill promised
Marshal of the Realm today pleased to announce the engagement of Princess Madeleine and Mr. Christopher O'Neill.
After HM the King has given his consent to Princess Madeleine marries with Mr. Christopher O'Neill HM the King in accordance with the Constitution, requested government consent.
Date for the wedding has not yet been determined but is scheduled to take place during the summer of 2013.
Svante Lindqvist
Marshal

best wishes

http://www.kungahuset.se/kungafamil...lyckonskningar.5.292a62ce13848168ac52a5b.html *** translation

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back
Top Bottom