The Royal Forums Coat of Arms

Go Back   The Royal Forums > Reigning Houses > Royal House of Sweden > Current Events Archive

Join The Royal Forums Today
Closed Thread

Old 02-10-2012, 05:20 AM
Heir Apparent

Madeleine cannot forbid her mother to like Sofia!
If Queen Silvia sees that Carl-Phillip is happy with her, she accepts her, it's normal; every loving mother does it.

Old 02-10-2012, 10:00 AM
Aristocracy

To be honest (press included), none of us actually know what Madeleine thinks and feels towards Sofia. The press will write any nonsense to sell a story.

Old 02-12-2012, 02:22 AM
Imperial Majesty

A reporter who has followed the royal family for a long time, Jenny Alexandersson says at Aftonbladet Klick! that Madeleine taking Chris to an official event (the concert at the Carnegie Hall) is an important step towards an engagement.
Prinsessan Madeleines djärva kärleksbeslut

At the article of Svensk Damtidning´s paper version regarding Madeleine and Chris at the concert one "source from the court" says: "We didn´t believe our eyes when we saw the photos from Carnegie Hall. The princess has crossed the limit. Our rules can be oldfashioned. But they are there to save the monarchy".
Old 02-12-2012, 06:09 AM
Royal Highness

She crosses the limit? What about CP dating with model who posed to the nude photos Double standards?
Old 02-12-2012, 06:17 AM
Imperial Majesty

Quote:
Originally Posted by agami.pearl View Post
She crosses the limit? What about CP dating with model who posed to the nude photos Double standards?
Yes, it´s odd. But the source refers to the rule of the swedish royal family, that a prince or a princess can´t take girl- or boyfriend to an official event before they are officially engaged.
Old 02-12-2012, 06:28 AM
Royal Highness

I know and I also think that bringing a Chris was hmmm rather unexpected and still don't know if it means something (engagement coming) or Madeleine just wanted to show her independent nature. Time will show I think. But constantly criticize of Madeleine and adulation of Sofia really makes me angry.
Old 02-12-2012, 12:26 PM
Aristocracy

Quote:
Originally Posted by Duke of Marmalade View Post
Sorry but I dont get it - Ternert refuses to comment on Chris but has no problem commenting on Sofia?

What is wrong with the SRF's communication department?

That's a very good question.
Old 02-16-2012, 10:35 AM
Imperial Majesty

Finnish Iltalehti quotes Expressen:
Madeleine is going to move to live together with Chris in a luxury apartment during the next weeks. Queen Silvia isn´t happy about this, she had hoped that Madeleine would come back to Sweden and help the family with the work while Victoria is on her maternity leave. The article says that Victoria´s maternity leave will last at least a year, but I think that it means that Victoria will work less during the first year of her child.
Madeleine avoliittoon - Silvia raivostui | Viihde | Iltalehti.fi
Old 02-16-2012, 12:21 PM
Nobility

Quote:
Originally Posted by agami.pearl
Sadly there is still some old men in the staff to the king that still belives that monarchy can be saved by using 300 years old rules. If we want's to keep the monarchy in Sweden for many more generations, their only chance is to create a more modern way of living and follow "the time".
Old 02-16-2012, 01:28 PM
Aristocracy

I really do wonder what is going through the minds of Swedish media, Sofia was referred to as an unofficial member of the Swedish Royal House while meeting the Finnish Head of state and treated as a Representative Sweden and not fuss is made of it, CP joins her charity, and she does things connected to one of his, Sofia moves in with CP and helps him renovate both his farm house but my god how dare she take Chris? While I don't think bring him along was the best idea, it is the least of problems in the royal family.
Old 02-16-2012, 07:31 PM
Heir Apparent

So it looks like there's a double standard going on between how CP and Sofia are treated, and how Madeleine and Chris are perceived.
Old 02-16-2012, 08:08 PM
Serene Highness

So supposedly princess Madeline is supposedly moving in with her millionaire financier boyfriend and the queen is supposedly shocked plus supposedly the princess does not wish to return to Sweden in order to attend to her dister's duties when she goes into labor. This is supposedly what is happening. Could this be true? I don't know but I don't know if Madeline would ever act like this?
Old 02-16-2012, 10:30 PM
Aristocracy

Quote:
Originally Posted by lilnana View Post
I really do wonder what is going through the minds of Swedish media, Sofia was referred to as an unofficial member of the Swedish Royal House while meeting the Finnish Head of state and treated as a Representative Sweden and not fuss is made of it, CP joins her charity, and she does things connected to one of his, Sofia moves in with CP and helps him renovate both his farm house but my god how dare she take Chris? While I don't think bring him along was the best idea, it is the least of problems in the royal family.
It's probably because of this hypocrisy with CP and Sofia that Madeline wants to move in with Chris and stay in the US. Frankly, I don't blame her! I would do the same.

I'm glad she brought Chris with her. It's her way of showing her family that you cannot have one rule with one child and another rule for another child, especially when two are adults.
Old 02-16-2012, 10:36 PM
Nobility

Quote:
Originally Posted by CrownPrincessJava

It's probably because of this hypocrisy with CP and Sofia that Madeline wants to move in with Chris and stay in the US. Frankly, I don't blame her! I would do the same.

I'm glad she brought Chris with her. It's her way of showing her family that you cannot have one rule with one child and another rule for another child, especially when two are adults.
I completely agree with you about that. I would have done the same too. But we have to remember that we don't know what's really happening. We only know about the "media version".
Old 02-17-2012, 12:24 AM
Courtier

Well, it seems to be obvious, that Madeleine is not intending to come back to Sweden soon. If she even does not return supporting her sister, while the new heir will be born, this is a strong message. And I can understand Queen Silvia, if she is everything, but not happy with this situation.
I undertstand Madeleine, too... if Chris is the love of her life (hope she did it better this time), she wants to stay with him.
But a healthy balance between here and there, Sweden and NY, this would have been the diplomatic compromise. Sad, that she seems to see this different.

BYe Bine
Old 02-17-2012, 02:26 AM
Majesty
TRF Author

The SRF seems pretty disfunctional to me, the adults playing childish games or taking decisions while wearing family preference glasses, and not professional glasses, what should be the case.

Everybody seems to do what they want and nobody seems to hold the reigns strong in terms of a professional public image. Silvia & CG seem clueless parents at this stage - probably because they dont even agree with each other anymore or hardly speak.

Even in normal families, its rule No 1 to treat every child the same, if Sofia is welcome in the family, so should be Chris. And if Sofia attends events with CP, why not Chris. I would be annoyed, too.

The future must be, either work for your country or your are out. Its a trend that will be forced upon all royal houses. My prediction is that Madeleine & CP will be the last crop of spares who are allowed to take the priviledges for granted.
Old 02-17-2012, 08:12 AM
Aristocracy

I think it is pretty unfair to judge any situation when all one has is gossip, media speculation and particular with no real response from how the family feels or how Madeleine really feels. Truth is none of us know anything.

Madeleine maybe royalty, she might appear to be the spoiled youngest, yet I see it no reason to judge her on her personal life. She is still a person with feelings, a grown woman who deserves to be respected for privacy. It's clear she takes Childhood Foundation seriously. If she didn't I don't think she would be working at it.

I am sure everyone can agree people deserve their private life, not everything you hear in tabloids is true and I can almost guarantee that Madeleine probably doesn't read here or the tabloids unless it's serious. All this has done is try and make her character seem less than it is, but it's only judging it from the outside not the inside. That until you know a person for who they are despite titles you'll never know anything more than that.

While it is true she hasn't been home to Sweden, she has been home a few times, past holiday, maybe the summer. I can't say it doesn't make her look the best but then again I do not know her as a person all I see is her in pictures. A picture can tell you a thousand words, but Madeleine hasn't said anything about how she feels and it's her right. Chris appears to be a good person, but I don't know him either. If you love someone then make it your own.

Perhaps in her own time she will go home again. The family seems to pull together in times of issues, from what I've ever watched they seem like a family and that above all things shouldn't be forgotten--they are a family, royal or not.
Old 02-17-2012, 12:37 PM
Aristocracy

Quote:
Originally Posted by CrownPrincessJava View Post

I can understand the impulse to want to rebel because of the hypocrisy (who doesn't hate it when one sibling gets special treatment?) but there is a good reasons why boy/girlfriends aren't brought along. It may seem harsh that they can't bring someone important to them along to accompany them but a boyfriend aren't members of the royal family and they don't represent them either. And if you want to keep your private life private you can't have an official boyfriend that's why they aren't suppose to be knowledge by the court. Publicly commenting (and joint appearance is a form of comment) would weaken their argument the boundaries of where what is public and what is private start and end. If what Madeleine desires is more privacy then the last thing she should have done is to bring Chris along.

Moving in together is a different matter, as long as she doesn't talk about it will remain a private choice. CP and Sofia on the other hand making everything up to the public having the court talk about Sofia, and talking to the press about moving into together, they even posed for a photo outside their home. The court needs to make some serious changes, a new PR person who knows what they are doing and a new spokes person who doesn't comment on private things at the very least.
Old 02-17-2012, 12:41 PM
Heir Presumptive

Quote:
Originally Posted by haga View Post
I think it is pretty unfair to judge any situation when all one has is gossip, media speculation and particular with no real response from how the family feels or how Madeleine really feels. Truth is none of us know anything.

Madeleine maybe royalty, she might appear to be the spoiled youngest, yet I see it no reason to judge her on her personal life. She is still a person with feelings, a grown woman who deserves to be respected for privacy. It's clear she takes Childhood Foundation seriously. If she didn't I don't think she would be working at it.

I am sure everyone can agree people deserve their private life, not everything you hear in tabloids is true and I can almost guarantee that Madeleine probably doesn't read here or the tabloids unless it's serious. All this has done is try and make her character seem less than it is, but it's only judging it from the outside not the inside. That until you know a person for who they are despite titles you'll never know anything more than that.

While it is true she hasn't been home to Sweden, she has been home a few times, past holiday, maybe the summer. I can't say it doesn't make her look the best but then again I do not know her as a person all I see is her in pictures. A picture can tell you a thousand words, but Madeleine hasn't said anything about how she feels and it's her right. Chris appears to be a good person, but I don't know him either. If you love someone then make it your own.

Perhaps in her own time she will go home again. The family seems to pull together in times of issues, from what I've ever watched they seem like a family and that above all things shouldn't be forgotten--they are a family, royal or not.
I totally agree with you.
I had a dream: Let's connect our thoughts together, than we have a mission, let's connect our feelings together, than we have a mood, let's connect our dreams together, than we have a vision and let's connect our mission, our mood and our vision together than we have a perfect life.
Old 02-18-2012, 04:14 AM
Imperial Majesty

In Aftonbladet:
Exclusive
Madde lives with Chris
They have lived together in secret for months
http://wwwc.aftonbladet.se/special/e...pg?201211811b1

According to the finnish press quoting Aftonbladet and Expressen during the week, Madeleine and Chris have been seeking a bigger apartment for a long time. And now they found a great five-room apartment and will move there during the next two weeks. Iltalehti also told that Madeleine and Chris were invited to the wedding of Madde´s friend last weekend. But they didn´t come. Jonas and Stephanie were at the wedding.

Tags
chris o'neill, princess madeleine