The Royal Forums Coat of Arms

Go Back   The Royal Forums > Reigning Houses > Royal House of Sweden > Current Events Archive

Join The Royal Forums Today
Closed Thread

Old 06-24-2011, 06:14 PM
Aristocracy

just a simple question...why we are talking about citizenships and all that stuff when there's nothing official between madeleine & chris?

on the other hand, i don't know why, but i see something weird in this relationship.

and between madeleine and her brother cp, they are doing a good job keeping the eyes on them... and giving some breath to the king, IMO.

Old 06-24-2011, 06:20 PM
Royal Highness

Quote:
Originally Posted by missMaryanne
just a simple question...why we are talking about citizenships and all that stuff when there's nothing official between madeleine & chris?.
Sorry yes it's hypothetical and a bit OT, my bad- I got carried away

Old 06-27-2011, 03:40 PM
Imperial Majesty

Svensk Damtidning asked from Bertil Ternert (informationschef of the court), if Madeleine lives together with Chris. He said that he has no comment to make to such personal questions. Ternert also didn´t want to confirm that Madeleine and Chris are having a relationship.
Vi frågar hovet: Bor Madeleine och Chris tillsammans? | Svensk Damtidning
Google Translate
Old 06-27-2011, 11:18 PM
Administrator
Blog Editor
Picture of the Month Representative - Luxembourg
Royal Blogger

Ternert didn't want to comment on something? Maybe he's finally learning something about PR...
Old 06-28-2011, 03:20 AM
Heir Presumptive

Ternert needed the largest number of words and sentences I have ever seen used to say 'No comment', including the very helpful suggestion to ask the photographers hanging out at Madeleine's NY apartment about the matter...
...so, unfortunately: No he doesn't seem to have learned anything yet.
Old 06-28-2011, 03:37 AM
Administrator
Blog Editor
Picture of the Month Representative - Luxembourg
Royal Blogger

Why am I not surprised? Must remember to not think to far into the future with this guy - chickens, eggs, hatching and all that...

Did anyone think that the Swedish RF could find a PR chief worse than Nina Eldh?
Old 06-28-2011, 03:40 AM
Heir Apparent

Who is in charge of the PR chief? The Palace? The King? The protagonists themselves? The people?
Old 06-28-2011, 04:23 AM
Heir Presumptive

Of course it's The King who is responsible for the person he employs as PR Chief, and Ternert was reportedly very much his personal choice.
It's indeed hard to believe that it got worse than Eldh but it did. Elisabeth Tarras-Wahlberg's great work over several decades in this position should have made clear which qualities to look for, but apparently it did not.
Old 06-28-2011, 05:32 AM
Courtier

Quote:
Originally Posted by JessRulz View Post

Why am I not surprised? Must remember to not think to far into the future with this guy - chickens, eggs, hatching and all that...

Did anyone think that the Swedish RF could find a PR chief worse than Nina Eldh?
Well, since it's still the same person who's choosing PR chefs, there was not that much hope for someone better then Eldh.

Too bad the King is way too stubborn to go and beg Elizabeth T-W to come back...
Old 06-28-2011, 01:25 PM
Nobility

Quote:
Originally Posted by Iva View Post
Well, since it's still the same person who's choosing PR chefs, there was not that much hope for someone better then Eldh.

Too bad the King is way too stubborn to go and beg Elizabeth T-W to come back...
I think T-W feels that working for him 20 years is enough.

Maybe they should choose someone 40-50 years old
Old 09-30-2011, 11:31 AM
Imperial Majesty

At Aftonbladet Klick!
The unknown past of Chris
Who is actually the guy Madeleine is dating - and what does he hide in the closet?
Klick! has dug up all the secret details of Chris O'Neill's former romances and wild jetset life.
http://gfx.aftonbladet-cdn.se/image/...8adc/klick.jpg
Old 10-06-2011, 01:54 PM
Imperial Majesty

Madeleine and Chris in NY, 26th September.
Daily Offers - FotoWeb 7.0
Old 10-06-2011, 09:48 PM
Aristocracy

Quote:
Originally Posted by LadyFinn View Post
Madeleine and Chris in NY, 26th September.
Daily Offers - FotoWeb 7.0

the captions on those photos are quite funny talking about a ring on her finger and then asking someone to tell Chris to get a haircut lol
Old 10-07-2011, 12:14 AM
Courtier

Quote:
Originally Posted by doric44 View Post
the captions on those photos are quite funny talking about a ring on her finger and then asking someone to tell Chris to get a haircut lol
and IMO to try to look clean once in a while
Old 10-07-2011, 03:03 AM
Majesty
TRF Author

Smoking on the streets doesnt really help warming up to him, he really is sleazy. I wonder if he will do the same thing on the streets of Sweden one day.
Old 10-07-2011, 04:26 AM
Serene Highness

Quote:
Originally Posted by doric44 View Post
Isn´t this the Cartier Trinity Ring? Could be a wonderful sign of love but surely nothing more ...
BYe Bine
Old 10-07-2011, 09:16 AM
Administrator

Quote:
Originally Posted by Duke of Marmalade View Post
Smoking on the streets doesnt really help warming up to him, he really is sleazy. I wonder if he will do the same thing on the streets of Sweden one day.
I really don't see the connection between smoking and sleazy.

While I don't consider smoking to be attractive...don't you think calling him sleazy is a big leap?

Old 10-07-2011, 09:26 AM
Heir Presumptive

No wonder the man is smoking on the street - the street is about the only place left in the US where you CAN smoke.

Agree with Zonk that the implication that this equals 'sleazy' is decidedly far-fetched.
Old 10-07-2011, 09:30 AM
Majesty
TRF Author

Quote:
Originally Posted by Zonk View Post
I really don't see the connection between smoking and sleazy.

While I don't consider smoking to be attractive...don't you think calling him sleazy is a big leap?
I find his whole appearance sleazy, not necessarily related to smoking but the fact that he smokes in public only adds to this impression, he even poses with a marlboro pack in his hands at high profile events in black tie outfit (Salzburg) what says a lot to me. Its just a no-no unless you are a rockstar without any manners or a highflyer thinking of himself as incredibly cool (what he is most likely told by his US pals every day because of dating a princess).
Old 10-07-2011, 09:45 AM
Administrator

Well, if that works for you I guess.

I personally operate under the idea that unless I have a bit more information on a person, I shouldn't judge them (especially people I only know via media photos).

Also, unless you personally know his friends or have an idea of the crowd he runs with...I am not so sure I would make an assumption of what they think. I guess the same could be said for the friends of anyone who dates a royal regardless of their nationality.

Closed Thread

Tags
chris o'neill, princess madeleine