Press Reports about Carl Philip and Sofia Hellqvist, Part 2: April 2012 - June 2014

If you have answers, please help by responding to the unanswered posts.
Status
Not open for further replies.
I wonder who on earth is writing this nonsense. Most self respecting journalists would prefer to put a bullit through their head instead of writing things like 'Happiness was complete' and such.

It must be slow season at the magazine if they are writing the umptieth article on St.Sofia's transformation.

Last edited:
Marengo: It must be slow season at the magazine if they are writing the umptieth article on St.Sofia's transformation:lol::lol::lol::lol::lol::lol:

Thanks for a great laugh! You just made my day.............lolololo

About Svensk Damtidning's article of Sofia's transformation, written by Johanna Schreiber:
What a change in Sofia from 2005 when she had short skirts and little tops, her hair dyed black and cut rough and uneven. And now her hair is hanging sleek into her straight back. But then there was something special in her already in her reality-show times. Maybe it is the slight external resemblance to queen Silvia which made Carl Philip fell in love with her? SD tries to whitewash Sofia taking part in Paradise Hotel, saying that she was the worst competitor in it ever since she only wanted to be nice and be in friendly terms with everyone. Her two co-competitors say that she was a nice person. After Paradise Hotel Sofia moved to New York, where she took english lessons so that she could educate herself as a yoga-teacher, and visited the hottest night clubs in town. When she came back to Sweden, she was much more sophisticated. It should take two years more when she and Carl Philip really started to like each other but they encountered with each other now and then in the VIP-rooms in Stureplan. Sofia worked as a model, with more clothes on as before.

And then came July 2009 and Carl Philip drowned to Sofia's eyes in Pepe's Bodega in Båstad. It became serious very soon but surely he understood that her background wouldn't be a success at Drottningholm. But there was a solution: At the autumn the former happy party girl Sofia travelled suddenly to Ghana and worked as a volunteer at an orphanage.
And of course it was suitable for the "princess transformation" that Sofia began to dedicate herself to charity. Soon after she came home from Ghana she started Project Playground with her friend Frida. And then everything happened very fast: the court told that Sofia was Carl Philip's girlfriend and people couldn't be without noticing that big smile of being in love. Slowly but surely Sofia has won the heart of the royal family. Victoria has given some clothes for her. And when Sofia was seen at the Royal Chapel in Madeleine's wedding people couldn't be mistaken that she has grown into the princess gown. And at Gustaf Magnuson's wedding there wasn't any doubt that Sofia surely is ready to be a member of the royal family for real.

*** The article is interesting. On the other hand it is praising and supporting Sofia, but on the other hand they give the impression that Sofia and Carl Philip decided that Sofia should start to do charity work to be accepted at the royal circles and she went to Ghana. And they give the impression that Sofia and Carl Philip had seen many times in Stockholm before they met in Båstad. And of course there are mistakes also, like that this Johanna writes like Sofia had been in back in Sweden for two years when she met Carl Philip in July 2009, because according to Sofia's interviews she lived in New York still in May 2009 at least.

Last edited:
The most important thing is the couple's happiness.

At Expressen GT's cover:
Carl Philip's and Sofia's desire for their dream house
http://img.kiosko.net/2013/12/01/se/goteborgstidningen.750.jpg

Finnish MTV quotes the article:
It has been talked about for a long time that Carl Philip and Sofia will some day move to Villa Solbacken. But now also Madeleine and Chris have according to Expressen shown interest to Villa Solbacken. They were thought to move to Villa Parkudden. So this might give Carl Philip and Sofia a chance to move to gorgeous Villa Parkudden (with 725 square metres), which is closer their present home in Djurgården.
Now the siblings has to decide, which houses they get. The king makes the final decision.
- We don't know, who moves where. We are waiting the king's decision. It seems that there hasn't been made any decisions, says bailiff Gunnar Haeger from Royal Djurgården Administration.
But one thing is certain: Villa Solbacken needs a complete renovation. Regardless of who is moving there, the villa requires at least structural and facade repairs, Haeger said.
Madeleine ja Carl Philip saattavat vaihtaa unelmatalojaan - Uutiset - Viihde - MTV.fi

Last edited:
Sofia Hellqvist has given an interview to Expressen, she attends at the Gazelle-gala for the first time today (Daniel delivered prizes there in 2011 and Carl Philip last year, this year there are no royals).
Sofia Hellqvist started with Frida Vesterberg charity organization Project Playground. The organization is particularly active in South Africa, where Sofia Hellqvist spends longer periods each year. Project Playground's idea is to improve the life of children and young people in the townships, by working to ensure that all children have the right to leisure and play.
The project is funded entirely by donations and started with just a basic investment of 20 000. Today the company has 25 employees and several Swedish profiles and companies have contributed. Last was Agneta Sjödin who was invited to South Africa by Sofia Hellqvist.
Sofia tells now about the important choice of way to start the organization and explains what has been most instructive since the start of 2010.
- There has been many challenges during the trip and still is. It is one of the most important choices I have made in my life, to become self full time. To never see myself as ready.
Why you are at Gazelle-gala at the first time?
- Questions on entrepreneurship interest me and I think that the context feels very inspiring. As an entrepreneur myself, I am always curious to learn and be inspired by others.

Last week it became known that Sofia Hellqvist been elected to the board of the Peace and Love festival in Borlänge.
What do you hope to contribute to that?
- One of the ideas with Peace and love is to spread positive values ​​of diversity, community, and understanding, something that I think is important and which I practice daily in the context of "Project-Playground". I hope to share my experiences in working with these issues. To constantly be curious and never be satisfied is a departure for me in my entrepreneurship. I can constantly do better. With my involvement in Gazelle-gala I would like to inspire others to also work with social entrepreneurship, she says to Expressen.se.
Sofia Hellqvist om sitt livs viktigaste val Nyheter Expressen Senaste nytt - Nyheter Sport Nöje TV
Translation

Sofia told to Svensk Damtidning at the Gazelle-gala that Carl Philip is fine after his collision. Sofia told also that she is not spending Christmas at Drottningholm with the royal family, she goes to her family at Christmas.
Sofia Hellqvist om bussolyckan: Prinsen mår bra! | Svensk Damtidning
Translation

Sofia with Johanna Schreiber, the reporter of Svensk Damtidning (which is a strong supporter of Sofia)
http://bildarkiv.iblbildbyra.se/fot...FE2C6D13533B3D05A0ED25E5C2BECE55A6C06B&sz=800
Sofia with her sister Lina
http://bildarkiv.iblbildbyra.se/fot...FE2C6D13533B3D05A0ED25E5C2BECE55A6C06B&sz=800
http://imgs.sthlmsfinest.com/imageGalleryImages/scaled/670567_729_532_1.jpg

Sofia Hellqvist paljasti Vietän joulua vanhempieni luona - Uutiset - Viihde - MTV.fi

Last edited:
The cover of Hänt Extra
Image Upper.com - Free Image Hosting - View Image

From Hänt Extra, quoted by Stoppa pressarna
Navel piercing, tattoos and fake tan - everything is gone. Court has forced Sofia Hellqvist to undergo total makeover. The former "Paradise Hotel" participant has not only changed the bikini to satin dresses and pin-up job to charity work. She has also been forced to dispose of his body art.

According to Hänt Extra the royal family agreed when Carl Philip showed off his new girlfriend: tattoos must go away!
Since then, Sofia has undergone several painful treatments, among other things faded away its meandering flower that covered her right arm. This typically require between six and twelve treatments, with about eight weeks between times, and today is Sofia's arm completely clean from the paintings. She still has the neck tattoo.
In addition to removing the tattoo, Sofia has changed hairstyle for a softer framing the face. She has stopped solarium and navel piercing is gone.
Furthermore, she goes in a strict princess school for the upcoming engagement with Carl Philip.
Så tvingade Hovet Sofia till en makeover Stoppa Pressarna

Tattoos in Sofia's arms, I have always thought that they weren't real.

What on earth is this 'princess school' where the Swedish press is so fond of? They used the term for years and years on Daniel too. They are just making it up and seem to think that we are all living in Disneyland.

What on earth is this 'princess school' where the Swedish press is so fond of? They used the term for years and years on Daniel too. They are just making it up and seem to think that we are all living in Disneyland.

Yes, and for Daniel there wasn't any "prince school" until at the beginning of 2010...

Swedish TV 3 has made a document about Sofia and Frida and their work at Project Playground.
A clip of the document.
The reporter says: "The life with a prince, what a contrast it is to your week day in Cape Town"
So obviously the king allows Sofia to talk about Carl Philip in TV....
Her week day in Cape Town, she spends there probably 5 weeks in a year.
TV3 visar dokumentär med prinsens flickvän - Dagens Media

Hon hjälper utsatta barn i kåkstad - Renée möter Sofia Hellqvist - Project Playground - TV3

TV 3 shows the document on Monday 16th December at 21.00, just before Paradise Hotel.

Last edited:
Sofia told to Svensk Damtidning at the Gazelle-gala that Carl Philip is fine after his collision. Sofia told also that she is not spending Christmas at Drottningholm with the royal family, she goes to her family at Christmas.
Sofia Hellqvist om bussolyckan: Prinsen mår bra! | Svensk Damtidning
Translation

Sofia with Johanna Schreiber, the reporter of Svensk Damtidning (which is a strong supporter of Sofia)
Sofia with her sister Lina
http://imgs.sthlmsfinest.com/imageGalleryImages/scaled/670567_729_532_1.jpg

Sofia Hellqvist paljasti Vietän joulua vanhempieni luona - Uutiset - Viihde - MTV.fi

I think she needs to cease speaking to the press about her private life and her relationship. It only confirms the suspicion that she is overly fond of publicity.

I can't think of any other Royal girlfriend or boyfriend in recent memory who did this.:sad:

Sofia on the cover of Sunday's Expressen

Sofia Hellqvist's defence in TV
Life with Carl Philip
Voluntary Work in Africa
Pin up images
Broadcast on TV3 tomorrow
http://a.cdn-expressen.se/ImageHand...0-4876-8ad4-e462021bdbd1&imageFormat=original

There are thousands of charity organizations in Sweden but TV3 is of course interested in Sofia's because she is the girlfriend of Carl Philip.

Finnish MTV quotes Expressen's article about the documentary:
Carl Philip will be seen at the documentary too, he says: I try to support Sofia and give wise advice, and to be close to her.
Carl Philip tells that he is very proud of everything Sofia has accomplished already now.

Sofia tells very openly about her life at the documentary. What she thinks about her reality-show publicity?
- It feels like I would be living at a reality TV show, where there are rows here and there, we have problems and we don't have problems. I see all kinds of stories everywhere, they are not true anyway. I see my face and name, but I don't recognize myself from them.
The project is more than just a work to Sofia.
- Project Playground is my family, my child and it fills my whole life. This project is the thing I'm most proud of in my life.
Renée Nyberg asks Sofia, if she regrets her reality show photos?
- Now I would not go to the program, it is sure. It is hard for me to say that I would regret something in my life. I didn't believe that I would have to defend my choices. That program and those photos are just a small part of my life, but they have affected to my whole life. Although I have done so much everything else. But it is a pity that it works like this in our society. People like to categorize me and try to find out, how I am like. Maybe some day I will understand that.
One day Hellqvist can work long and hard days in Africa and already on the next be in Sweden to walk on a red carpet to some gala. She doesn't see a big contrast between the situations.
- We live a very normal life. Carl Philip is a big support for me and he has also committed to the project. Sometimes speaking about red carpets and galas feels like a play. I have difficulties to see myself at the gala glitter, I'm more at home here in Africa and here I can be more myself.
Harvinainen haastattelu Sofia Hellqvist avoimena menneisyydestään ja suhteestaan - Uutiset - Viihde - MTV.fi

Last edited:
Sofia on the cover of Sunday's Expressen

Sofia Hellqvist's defence in TV
Life with Carl Philip
Voluntary Work in Africa
Pin up images
Broadcast on TV3 tomorrow
Has there ever been a similar "PR Machine" working for any other royal girlfriend?

Well, Crown Princess Mary of Denmark also participated in a documentary about her life before her marriage. I thought it was a great way to introduce Mary to the people and I think this could be a great way to introduce Sofia to the people.

I think it's best to hear these people's thoughts and feelings, rather than hear from other people.

Last edited:
It will be interesting to see if Sofia really has whitewashed and minimized her doubtful past so much as you can read at the MTV/Expressen article. And I don't like how the swedish royal court has changed - that a member of the royal family can participate at a documentary which is shown in a TV channel with a bad reputation, it shows much just reality-shows and other crap.

And why would a girlfriend of a royal should be presented to the swedish people, if they would be engaged I would understand it somehow but not now.

Last edited:
Well, Crown Princess Mary of Denmark also participated in a documentary about her life before her marriage. I thought it was a great way to introduce Mary to the people and I think this could be a great way to introduce Sofia to the people..

The documentary about Mary was aired a couple of months before the wedding, introducing the fiance of the Crown Prince to the Danes.

Sofia is a girlfriend and the PR machine has been working a bit longer than that, it seems.

Last edited:
Sometimes the PR machine comes in handy. I like the idea of hearing from Sofia and watch her talk about the work of Project Playground. I think it's great that Carl Philip will also participate in the doc.

Unless there's some English involved, I won't understand the doc but I hope someone will provide some translations if they can.

9pm Monday- TV3
http://www.tv3.se/project-playground

Last edited:
The documentary about Mary was aired a couple of months before the wedding, introducing the fiance of the Crown Prince to the Danes.

Sofia is a girlfriend and the PR machine has been working a bit longer than that, it seems.

Exactly. Mary was already officially engaged when the documentary aired.
Sofia Hellqvist is not.

The PR machine is out in full force it seems.

Exactly. Mary was already officially engaged when the documentary aired.
Sofia Hellqvist is not.

The PR machine is out in full force it seems.

I'm always a bit confused why anyone is confused by the PR Sofia gets. We can't really compare her to other royal girlfriends. Mary was working in marketing, Maxima was an investment banker, Mette Marit was a student at University. Not one of them was of any interest by the media because of themself.

But like it or not, Sofia is of interest by herself. She was known by the media even before she met Carl Philip and became his girlfriend. She was a little starlett because of Paradise Hotel, Slitz and frequenting certain "Must be seen there"-places in Sweden. Sure, she gets a lot of media coverage because she is the girlfriend of Carl Philip. But it's not the only reason. It's the mix of "Little starlett of herself" and "Girlfriend of a Prince of Sweden". A mix Mary, Maxima and Mette Marit didn't have.

Letizia did have this mix and I remember a big media frenzy 10 years back, when a well known journalist got involved with the Prince of Asturias. And yes, I agree that Letizia as a serious journalist can't be compared to a little starlett like Sofia. But the fact is, that both woman were known by the media and by a handful of fans and thus got the media attention other current Princesses and Queen didn't get until right before they got married.

I hope I could make my point clear. It's always a bit difficult for me to get the meaning out of my head into the right english words.

Reactions: Ish
I think your point comes across clearly Kitkat :), and you are right, the mix of reality starlet dating a prince is unique at the moment. Though previous girlfriends of princes were in a simular situation, like Koo Stark (Andrew) or Eva Sannum (Felipe).

Letizia's relationship with Felipe was not known to the world/press. Their engagement came as a total surprise to all. Only after the engagement the frenzy started.

I find the documentary rather odd, but it seems that they are moving to make their relationship official.

LadyFinn said:
I have difficulties to see myself at the gala glitter, I'm more at home here in Africa and here I can be more myself.

Thanks for the translation & summary again LF! This gave me the laugh of the day!

Last edited:
I'm looking forward to seeing the documentary (if I can) because I think it will be nice to get to know Sofia and the work she and the team do for Project Playground.

Better to hear from her rather than the folks that spread all kinds of false stuff about her.

I've just finished watching the Project Playground documentary and I was truly touched and very proud of what I've just seen. Sofia and Frida's heart is in this organization and I think you will see it in this documentary.

The kids are happy, bright and have big dreams. That little girl, Olwetha Skosana, stole my heart. She is so bright and smart and have a lot of life in her. I felt a lump in my throat when she broke out into song and sang "This Little Light of Mine." Not only can she dance but she can sing too. Africa and the world better look out for this young lady. She's serious.

I can see why Sofia, Frida and the team dedicate so much time and energy with Project Playground. The organization is truly making a difference in peoples lives in Africa. I enjoyed seeing the support Carl Philip gives to Sofia and Project Playground. You could see the love and friendship between them.

I'm really glad this documentary was made and I think it not only showed Sofia in a good light but I think it helped shine a light on a very worthy cause and may Project playground continue to flourish and I wish all the children the best of luck and blessings.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back
Top Bottom