Press Reports about Carl Philip and Sofia Hellqvist, Part 2: April 2012 - June 2014

If you have answers, please help by responding to the unanswered posts.
Status
Not open for further replies.
He is there at the back row, at the corner in the middle of the photo.

OK, I see him now, like I said, I must have been blind. I think I looked at this picture about 15 times before posting I couldn't see him :lol:.
Thank you for saving my time and my eyes :flowers:.

According to violinist Linda Lampenius, Carl Philip attended at the Celebration Benefit Dinner for Project Playground on Friday evening. No photos of Carl Philip yet.

On the cover of Expressen

The tears at the meeting with Madeleine
Supported by Carl Philip
Sofia's struggle to get in to the royal family
http://www.expressen.se/ImageHandle...nal&guid=0680bf99-53be-438e-b1ec-676edfe5fc28

MTV3 writes about this.
Johan T Lindwall publishes an updated version of his book "Madeleine - Prinsessan privat", because of the wedding.
There he tells the same things he has written in Expressen.
On February Madeleine told that there will be no bridesmaids at her wedding. But Lindwall says that Madeleine had planned that her best friends would be bridesmaids. After Carl Philip had suggested, that Sofia would be one of the bridesmaids, Madeleine had refused this very strictly. Soon after this decision Madeleine, Carl Philip and Sofia met. According to the book it was a short meeting, and Sofia left it with tears in her eyes. She could not understand that Madeleine didn't want her as her bridesmaid. Sofia was so upset, that Carl Philip was considering to go and tell to queen Silvia how Madeleine is treating Sofia.
Lindwall has interviewed royal expert Sten Hedman, who reminds that the so called common people have had difficulties to became a member of the royal family. He points out the tough struggle Daniel had to do. He thinks that Sofia and Chris will not have the same kind of difficulties, because their roles at the royal family are smaller than the spouse of the future queen has.
That Madeleine's and Sofia's relationship is not good, tells that they were not at the first birthday party of princess Estelle, and Sofia didn't attend at Madeleine's hen party either. The couple is attending the wedding though, Bertil Ternert tells.
Uutuuskirja paljastaa Madeleine sai Sofian itkemään - Uutiset - Viihde - MTV3.fi

Last edited:
The stories the tabs come up with.

On the cover of Expressen

The tears at the meeting with Madeleine
Supported by Carl Philip
Sofia's struggle to get in to the royal family
http://www.expressen.se/ImageHandle...nal&guid=0680bf99-53be-438e-b1ec-676edfe5fc28

MTV3 writes about this.
Johan T Lindwall publishes an updated version of his book "Madeleine - Prinsessan privat", because of the wedding.
There he tells the same things he has written in Expressen.
On February Madeleine told that there will be no bridesmaids at her wedding. But Lindwall says that Madeleine had planned that her best friends would be bridesmaids. After Carl Philip had suggested, that Sofia would be one of the bridesmaids, Madeleine had refused this very strictly. Soon after this decision Madeleine, Carl Philip and Sofia met. According to the book it was a short meeting, and Sofia left it with tears in her eyes. She could not understand that Madeleine didn't want her as her bridesmaid. Sofia was so upset, that Carl Philip was considering to go and tell to queen Silvia how Madeleine is treating Sofia.
Lindwall has interviewed royal expert Sten Hedman, who reminds that the so called common people have had difficulties to became a member of the royal family. He points out the tough struggle Daniel had to do. He thinks that Sofia and Chris will not have the same kind of difficulties, because their roles at the royal family are smaller than the spouse of the future queen has.
That Madeleine's and Sofia's relationship is not good, tells that they were not at the first birthday party of princess Estelle, and Sofia didn't attend at Madeleine's hen party either. The couple is attending the wedding though, Bertil Ternert tells.
Uutuuskirja paljastaa Madeleine sai Sofian itkemään - Uutiset - Viihde - MTV3.fi

does this mean it's official that Sofia will be at the wedding? :ohmy:

Finnish Iltasanomat quotes the article in Expressen.
Bertil Ternert from the court says to Expressen, that Carl Philip and Sofia attend with the other invited guests at Madeleines and Chris O'Neill's wedding.
- And since there is no bridesmaids now, either Sofia or the others (Madeleine's friends) have no special role at the wedding, Ternert emphasized.
Prinsessa Madeleine sai Sofian itkemään lohduttomasti - Kuninkaalliset - Ilta-Sanomat

The stories the tabs come up with.

I completely agree,the tabloids make up most of the stuff about Sofia and her relationship with the RF.
Just like with every RF,the people who know do not talk about their private life and everything you read about what goes on behind closed walls is pure speculation.
Furthermore I could understand Madeleine´s refusal to take Sofia as bridesmaid because she wants to be in the center of attention on her special day.She surely has many friends from school,university,work etc. she has known for a long long time and wants to be with her and have a special role in the wedding ceremony. It does not have anything to do with Sofia,it is just that a bride wants to be with HER friends,former school mates and people she feels close to.

i have no doubt sofia will be there, but do not beleive all Lindwall says
and is this not a old stoory that come up again due to him selling a updated book.

victoria had no bridemaids silvia had no,

I think that there may be some truth in Lindwall's words. He has many times shown that he has good sources and published news of the royal family first. The last was when he knew that Madeleine and Chris were going to meet Peter Jöback.

Looking good Carl Philip & Sofia.

She should've told him men don't wear scarves like that...It's too feminine.

Haha, me neither,Bine221:) I think he looks very cool and masculine, especially with this type of laid-back clothing and hairstyle plus this dark sunglasses.

Wow, looks like everyone had a good time and supporting Project Playground.

Sofia, Frida Vesterberg and Sofia's sisters at the Celebration Benefit dinner the International Women's Club of Stockholm organized for Project Playground at the Clarion Hotel in Stockholm on 26th April. Carl Philip attended at the Dinner, but he isn't at the photos.
Photos from Red Carpet
Celebration Benefit Dinner - Red Carpet | Ditt gratis fotoalbum på nätet med MyAlbum.com!
Photos from the evening
Celebration Benefit Dinner - Mingle | Ditt gratis fotoalbum på nätet med MyAlbum.com!

Very pretty dress on Sofia, it reminds me a lot of Catherine´s blue Issa dress (the one she has worn during the tv announcement & interview with William).
If everything else goes as well as her sartorial changes,I would be very happy...let´s wait & see :unsure:

Can anyone tell us what is written in the last Swedish press release? I could only figure out that W.A. Mozart and other music was played...but I do not know Swedish.
BTW I liked Madeleine´s dress a lot,the colour is fabulous! Q.Silvia,Sofia and CP Victoria...and of course the man of the moment,Chris O´Neill, looked elegant in the last pictures too :)

Last edited:
Can anyone tell us what is written in the last Swedish press release? I could only figure out that W.A. Mozart and other music was played...but I do not know Swedish.
BTW I liked Madeleine´s dress a lot,the colour is fabulous! Q.Silvia,Sofia and CP Victoria...and of course the man of the moment,Chris O´Neill, looked elegant in the last pictures too :)

This is a wrong thread to discuss about it, there is an own thread to the publishing of the banns¨
Madeleine & Chris Marriage Banns and Reception, May 19th 2013 - Page 2 - The Royal Forums

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back
Top Bottom