Press Reports about Carl Philip and Sofia Hellqvist, Part 2: April 2012 - June 2014

If you have answers, please help by responding to the unanswered posts.
Status
Not open for further replies.
grevinnan said:
Perhaps we should not assume that it was Emma that ended the relationship. Emma's clashes with Q. Silvia was widely discussed since early on in their relationship and her attitude could in same cases be labelled "arrogant" or selfish.

To be honest, would you clash with the queen if you're dating her son? No. If it were me, I'll try to be the sweetest angel. Probably that's what Sofia is trying to achieve. Anyway I think those rumours are probably false to begin with.

Cover of Expressen claims that Carl Philip and Sofia have broken up three times - together again.
http://www.expressen.se/ImageHandle...nal&guid=8fbff9f2-278f-452f-8bb7-e57da01a507e

SvenskDam's article (at their paper magazine) about that "Sofia is out in the cold"

Sofia and Carl Philip have the biggest crisis of their relationship, due to the engagement of Madeleine and Chris. It means that Sofia has to wait until 2014. If there is going to be a wedding at all. Gossip in Sofia's hometown, Älvdalen:
- I spoke with one of her relatives one day. And they are really pessimistic. They don't think that there will be any wedding, says one person from Älvdalen.
They have fought against headwind during their whole relationship and the decision that they must wait two years, has been very hard for Sofia.
In middle October she had dinner with Carl Philip at Griffins Steakhouse in Stockholm - but after that she disappeared. She flew to South Africa, where she has been after that. Carl Philip has been seen out in Stockholm, he went to a dinner with his friend to restaurant American Table. And he has been working like ever before, among his work events he was in Afghanistan and attended the Luxembourg wedding.
To see the man you love going alone to a wedding wasn't nice for Sofia. And then came the next shock, Madeleine's engagement. When it was suddenly published, Sofia was at her longtime planned trip to South Africa and couldn't participate when the royal family gathered to the engagement dinner.
But the worst is that Madeleine's wedding makes that Sofia goes out to the cold. One can almost understand that this engagement bliss makes Sofia a little jealous. She and the prince have been together longer than Madeleine and Chris. This means that they have been in their relationship for five years before they may have their wedding.
- I think that the royal couple is quite pleased with this solution, says a court source to Svensk Damtidning. They will give Carl Philip a chance to think about his choice for a couple of years more.
During the month gone Sofia hasn't been seen much. But the news that they would have broke up are false. Between his work events Carl Philip flew to visit his girlfriend in South Africa and they were seen walking hand in hand in Cape Town.

Svensk Damtidning also tells about Sofia's own, private "princess school". She left her previous life, has a mentor and a stylist. She has changed her dressing style and hair colour. She is putting even more effort to her charity work and has started to give interviews. And she is no longer seen partying in Stureplan, like before.

Last edited:
From finnish MTV3:
Johan T Lindwall wrote in Expressen, that Carl Philip and Sofia have problems in their relationship. He justified his opinion with these arguments: To many royal experts it was a surprise that Madeleine got engaged first. Lindwall thinks that this strains the relationship of Carl Philip and Sofia.
Carl Philip and Sofia answered to Lindwall and Expressen:
"Because of all the recent speculation, we'd like to tell that we are very happy about the engagement of Madeleine and Chris O'Neill. However, we deny that we would have at the moment thoughts in terms of our own engagement. We do not have any stress in terms of the progress of our relationship. Our relationship is fine and we're enjoying of it as such what it is at the moment".
Carl Philip ja Sofia Hellqvist vastaavat suhteen kriisiväitteisiin - MTV3.fi - Viihde - Uutiset

I find it quite strange that they are giving these kind of statements to the press.

Last edited:
Photo from Gustav Whitefield Memorial Fund Facebook (the supporter of Sofia's Project Playground), posted 20th November. Gustav was a child who was born very ill and died when he was four. A Memorial Fund has been started for his memory and they are now supporting the children with Developmental disability, which Project Playground is helping by their Play on Wheels-campaign.
Sofia and Frida telling about Gustav Whitefield to the children in Langa.
http://sphotos-f.ak.fbcdn.net/hphotos-ak-prn1/14139_410288482375905_1277132247_n.jpg

A wedding will only take place at CP's mercy, and he doesnt seem to be in the mood. Maybe he did the statement just to be clear about the issue, and that he is honest, he doesnt plan to get married.

For Sofia, I think she prefers any statement, even though the content doesnt please her, to a non-statement. CP talking about her in public gives her the credibility she is after so desperately.

I actually think the palace press office get a great deal of calls, emails, etc about Carl Philip & Sofia's relationship and I think the statement was honest and to the point.

I also think it's great that Carl Philip and the palace is talking about Sofia. I think it means that Carl Philip's relationship with Sofia is important to him and I think that means a great deal to her.

I also think people should be careful when reading the tabloid stories about this relationship. It's obvious that their relationship would be talked about since his sisters surprising engagement announcement.

A wedding will only take place at CP's mercy, and he doesnt seem to be in the mood. Maybe he did the statement just to be clear about the issue, and that he is honest, he doesnt plan to get married.

For Sofia, I think she prefers any statement, even though the content doesnt please her, to a non-statement. CP talking about her in public gives her the credibility she is after so desperately.
Love the statement DOM! Right on target as far as I am concerned.

I agree with DoM. Though it is certainly weird that such an official statement is given. Never heard of that before.

At the moment I nearly feel pity for Sofia, must be a hard time for her.
Not sure, what I shall think about the statement, indeed very strange..... could sound like the first step to an EXIT strategy.......
Bye Bine

Sofia has returned from South Africa, writes Jenny Alexandersson at her blog. She and Carl Philip had a nice dinner at restaurant Diplomat at the weekend. They seemed very much in love and had a lot to talk about. The photo at the article is old.
Sofia och Carl Philips kärleksmiddag Hovbloggen

:previous:
The pic looks so strange, it must be heavily photoshopped....
also the clothes does not fit with the background and the weather....
BYe Bine

I feel bad for both Carl Philip & Sofia because the tabs are over analyzing their relationship just because his sister is getting married before him.

Photos from Project Playground's sponsor dinner sometime this year. Sofia, Frida Vesterberg and Sofia's sister Lina represented PP.
Sponsor Dinner 2012

Agreed...this is exactly what went through my mind when I read that statement.

It can't be easy for her. She's got all the tabloids talking about her relationship to Carl Philip and coming up with all kinds of stories. It must mean the world to her to have Carl Philip make a statement.

I think things will lead to an engagement.

Last edited:
Well, If they're in love and are good friends and the family likes her, then why not?

Swedish longtime royal reporter Jenny Alexandersson writes at her blog that in addition to her charity work in South Africa, Sofia Hellqvist chose to design workout clothes. 2011 she launched the company Drop of Mindfulness with Carolina Pihl. According to the company itself, the clothes are inspired by New York, it was there that the idea for the company was born. Jenny thinks that some clothes are a little too much inspired by the American / Canadian company Lululemons yoga clothing, but the idea behind DOM is very nice. Five percent of the proceeds go to Sofia's Project Playground. Now she is launching a yoga mat made ​​of natural rubber, it is biodegradable.
Sofia Hellqvist och Pippa Middletons karriärstrategier Hovbloggen

Sofia's mentor Barbro Ehnbom has given a big interview to Svensk Damtidning (paper issue), she speaks in it also a lot of Sofia, here are main points of the interview.
Barbro says that Sofia and Carl Philip are meant for each other, they have such a marital likeness. It is very easy to be her mentor, Barbro has tried to give her inspiration and show the way both at her entrepreneurship and at her doings in Africa.
Already before Barbro became Sofia's mentor, she knew her well, since Sofia was one of Barbro's Best and Brightest girls. Barbro met Sofia in New York via her son Marcus Forss. They were both doing extra work at a bar. Barbro says that Sofia fulfills the three criterions which they have for BBB: she is talented, very ambitious and has great integrity. You can see it right away when you meet her. Barbro was so charmed by her. Sofia is like a magnet, she attracts people with her enormous radiation. It is fantastic and could be very useful in the future.
Barbro doesn't believe the headlines about that Sofia is in the cold, on the contrary. Barbro thinks that Sofia and Carl Philip are relieved that they could take a little step backwards and not be so much in focus when they are building a life together. Now it is princess Madeleine and her fiancé that are at the spotlight.
Barbro has met Carl Philip many times: He is a dream prince!

Last edited:
I'm sorry it's hard to believe that someone who is talented and full of integrity when there are nude pictures all over the internet. But the ambition part I can definitely believe.

CrownPrincess5 said:
I'm sorry it's hard to believe that someone who is talented and full of integrity when there are nude pictures all over the internet. But the ambition part I can definitely believe.

I'm so tired of this perspective. It's what as a feminist, I consider "slut-shaming"- judging a woman as tainted or worthless because she's dared to openly flaunt her sexuality.

Nude pictures are not that big of a deal and they certainly don't indicate a lack of integrity. You can be a kind, honest, smart person and still appear in nude photographs. (Marilyn Monroe comes to mind)

I think it's very unkind to constantly bring up Sofia's modeling career as a reason to despise her.

I'm so tired of this perspective. It's what as a feminist, I consider "slut-shaming"- judging a woman as tainted or worthless because she's dared to openly flaunt her sexuality.

Nude pictures are not that big of a deal and they certainly don't indicate a lack of integrity. You can be a kind, honest, smart person and still appear in nude photographs. (Marilyn Monroe comes to mind)

I think it's very unkind to constantly bring up Sofia's modeling career as a reason to despise her.

A certain former male Senator from Massachussetts springs to mind as well. A few jokes were made, but no one ever said he lacked integrity or was not smart just because he appeared as a nude centerfold in Cosmo.

I certainly can't speak for a lot of people who are not on the Sofia bandwagon so I will just speak for myself.

I could care less that Sofia posed nude (although posing with a snake is pushing it in my book but hey we all got different taste). I don't look down to Playboy models or people who pose for painters nude. We were all born nude and there is nothing wrong with the human body.

Again its not that she posed nude per se is that her posing nude as well as a host of other things that she has done gives the vibe (or least to me) that she will do anything ANYTHING to be famous. Even her work with her playground foundation...reeks of publicity. Do you work outside of the public eye...do enough to bring attention to your foundation and the work you do and thats about it. If you are invited to your boyfriends neice's christening, don't look like you are looking for the camera....concentrate on the actual event.

Again its not the nudity is that the nudity is just an example to me (and perhaps others) that Sofia is not in this for the right reasons. Now, I have been on the board for a long time and other than Camilla (who've I accepted not that she needs my approval) I have never been on the anti (insert royal girlfriend name here like Mary, Letizia, Kate, etc) bandwagon where I questioned if this person would date so and so if he was any old guy off the street and not the Prince of Whatever Country you pick. But something about Sofia just doesn't seem right. I honestly wonder if she would be dating him if he wasn't Carl Phillip, Prince of Sweden.

And I think she is a pretty girl and probably very nice I just think she makes bad decisions and comes across as scheming to me.

But hey, Carl knows better than any of us and I truly hope I am wrong.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back
Top Bottom