Press Reports about Carl Philip and Sofia Hellqvist, Part 2: April 2012 - June 2014

If you have answers, please help by responding to the unanswered posts.
Status
Not open for further replies.
Poor Carl Philip, it seems Sophia brings bad luck to him. But taken seriously, it is rather sad after the incident with another member of an European royal family, Pierre Casiraghi in an American club.
A random attack is because of his girlfriend?

I'm glad Carl Philip is OK.
There are some strange people in this world: how drunk you have to be to attack a complete stranger?!
My opinion on Sofia somewhat changed; you do not try to get between an attacker and someone, unless you really do love that someone.

Last edited:
In the video of the incident which is included in the 'Aftonbladet' link posted by LadyFinn above and inevitably on youtube by now as well, I don't see a 'crazed attacker'...
It rather appears to show a whole group of people having a drunken brawl including punches and trying to punch back. It strikes me as an example of the kind of unpleasant behaviour which is apparently bound to happen in front of clubs after a long night at 3.00 in the morning.
Very unfortunate incident.

Last edited:
Yes, Aftonbladet's article was written in the morning and they published the video later during the day. The video and the article aren't in sync IMO.

What a scare that must have been for both of them.
I am glad that CP is unharmed and that S. too had no injuries.

Carl Philip and Sofia Hellqvist have given an interview to Aftonbladet about the incident, there is also a photo of Carl Philip and Sofia and photos of the fight:

The dinner at one of Cannes's most exclusive clubs on Friday was supposed to be an enjoyable evening for their closest. But the night at Baoli ended in a fight cabled all over the world. When the Prince and his Sofia left a man came up and attacked. Everything was captured on film, and since yesterday it has been speculated what was behind the attack.
Today, Aftonbladet reveals what really happened 
- after receiving an exclusive interview with Prince Carl Philip and his girlfriend Sofia Hellqvist. The couple wants to talk about the incident to clarify what happened in the street outside the nightclub and stop the speculation. And they want to make it clear that the battle which was caught on film was the first punch and it came without warning.
- We had a nice evening with our loved ones. When we were about to leave Carl Philip 
was attacked by some strange men, says Sofia.
Sofia and their friends got into the turmoil to protect Carl Philip who got slapped in the face by a person totally unknown for the prince.
Sofia and their friends received several blows before they managed to stop the fight and could get out of this challenging situation.
- It's been an emotional and tumultuous situation. We are feeling well under the circumstances, but it is an event that we would prefer to deal in private and therefore we ask for a little space. We are asking for the media and others that we and our friends get a little peace and quiet at the situation, the prince and Sofia say to Aftonbladet.
The great attention has been tough for both the prince and Sofia, especially because their friends were accused of being behind the trouble.
- We have from many sources been told that our close friends have been involved, and we want to really emphasize that this is not so, the couple says.
- I want to emphasize that my good friends' effort led to that this ad situation, after all, ended up ok, says Carl Philip.
Now they quietly decide how to proceed with the event being investigated internally.
- We will consider how to proceed with a possible lawsuit. It will be decided this week, said Bertil Ternert.
Carl Philip och Sofia talar ut om bråket | Nyheter | Aftonbladet

Last edited:
Sorry the ignorance, but what exactly is happy slapping?
DM loves reporting on all the scandals or controversies surrounding the Swedish Royal Family, doesn't it?
I remember at least 3 articles this year alone - and they don't cover foreign royals that much at all.

nothing good ever happens at 3am you go clubs and stay till the end this happens more often then not.
maybe he will smarten up get married have a family and stop acting like a 20 year old

So to summarize:

Carl Phillip and friends were minding their own business when a drunk fool, or just a fool, suddenly decided to punch him?

Carl Phillip isn't hurt, just an unpleasant experience richer?

No arrests have been made?

And these are the hard facts?

What a completely ill-advised decision to give a joint tabloid interview on this 'occasion'... I find it mind-boggling.
By providing a tell-all exclusive about their 3.00am drunken brawl with a supposedly mysterious attacker, Prince Carl Philip and Sofia Hellqvist succeed in making themselves look and sound like the latest reality TV show couple and subsequent Z-grade celebrities - some 'Big Brother' drop-outs who got themselves into trouble and milk the story in the media, telling it 'all' and absurdly asking to please remain private at the same time.
I find them guilty of further blurring the line between Royalty and Celebs with this move - all wrong, IMHO.

Sorry the ignorance, but what exactly is happy slapping?
It's when one person is slapping another one and the third one is recording it and later put on the Internet.

I find them guilty of further blurring the line between Royalty and Celebs with this move - all wrong, IMHO.

CP chose a celebrity (Z list though) as girlfriend and possible wife - no surprises here.

What a completely ill-advised decision to give a joint tabloid interview on this 'occasion'... I find it mind-boggling.
By providing a tell-all exclusive about their 3.00am drunken brawl with a supposedly mysterious attacker, Prince Carl Philip and Sofia Hellqvist succeed in making themselves look and sound like the latest reality TV show couple and subsequent Z-grade celebrities - some 'Big Brother' drop-outs who got themselves into trouble and milk the story in the media, telling it 'all' and absurdly asking to please remain private at the same time.
ITA with you. Not a surprise there though, I think we can expect more of this in the future. Sofia already showed what she's capable of and CP is succesfully following her path, what a shame. :ermm:

I seriously don't get this CP gets punched and Sofia is to blame? Next world hunger will have had something to do with Sophia having second helpings.

Boris said:

Actually, I think that their answers were measured and seemed sincere.

What can't be ignored is that this is the last thing that CP and Sofia needed because, irrespective of any of the facts, everyone will assume that Sofia was to blame and CP is just another playboy prince.

The circumstances of this don't really make sense to me, I have to say. Only time will tell what truly happened.

They were showing the video-clip on German TV too. The interesting thing here is that at the beginning of the clip CP seems to start running towards the man as if to "attack" him. Afterwards he is shouting to him something like "slap, come on just slap me". The reporters think there is more to this story than the way the incident is presented in the official press release of the Swedish court. Don't know what to make of it to be honest.

I seriously don't get this CP gets punched and Sofia is to blame? Next world hunger will have had something to do with Sophia having second helpings.

Totally agree. Some people have worked up such a dislike for Sofia that everything that happens to CP or anything he does that they do not like gets laid at her feet. Sometimes bad things just happen to people, even to Swedish princes.

I thought the image of CP was already quite poor, but thought he is genuinely what we know, liking sport cars, limited inclination to work and study, play boy under the grip of an unsuitable women for a prince, but however "nice and honest guy" ! I found him improving with regard to involvement in duties.
Is this new unfortunate story revealing worse about him, as undesirable friends, like his father!? I don't think so. City criminality is unfortunately becoming quite widespread in France. If Le Baoli is known for attracting rich jetsetters, their customers might well occasionally get victims of some jaleous drunken guys. At 03.00hs dangers are around every corner. But I am surprised that Baoli did not have some gards at their gate; anyone could enter with whatever bad intentions, knowing that their are some VPIs inside?!

But I start doubting that he might like/accept a reasonable grown up life. Difficult to imagine Sofia as a mother!? Another newspaper article had as headline today : "it is time he grows up!".
not good at all for Swedish Royal family.
more about the place : www.lebaoli.com

They were showing the video-clip on German TV too. The interesting thing here is that at the beginning of the clip CP seems to start running towards the man as if to "attack" him. Afterwards he is shouting to him something like "slap, come on just slap me". The reporters think there is more to this story than the way the incident is presented in the official press release of the Swedish court. Don't know what to make of it to be honest.
Something to do with 3 am and nightclubs as a previous poster mentioned.
How embarrassing, and to then give an interview. My view of both of them has permanently tanked. I guess Victoria was the only child who was held to expectations.:bang:

I have to echo the others...nothing good happens outside of OR inside nightclubs at 3a.m.!

What a sordid mess.

I have to echo the others...nothing good happens outside of OR inside nightclubs at 3a.m.!

What a sordid mess.
They are called nightclubs because that is where you can go and dance after dinner. Nothing wrong with enjoying a night out with friends. Movie/theatre, dinner and later dancing. That is what nightlife is about and it is enjoyed by people all over the world, all socioeconomic groups and all ages. Unfortunately there are bad apples everywhere. You can get attacked on Main Street on a clear and sunny morning.

Kit said:

Of course there's more to the story I think.. No matter how drunk a person is they don't just start attacking you! They either have been provoked or holding a vendetta against the person. Everyone thinks the attackers started the problem but what if it was Carl Philip who provoked them. I wonder...

Regardless, I can't believe he can't even throw a punch!

Last edited:
CP is like his father and it shows more and more. He loves fast cars, fast life, party, cheap women (his father was intelligent enough to marry a classy woman though, something that CP is ok to miss out on since he wont be the monarch). I am not suprised to find him in suitations like these at all. Emma was a serious girl and she couldnt keep him from the lifestyle, Sofia is embracing all this so its likely to get worse in the future.

When he was with Emma his 'image' was much better. Now, with Sofia he drives fast cars, fights with strangers, works a little. His behavior changed and I blame Sofia and her friends. I'm pretty sure that with other girlfriend he would be different person.

agami.pearl said:
When he was with Emma his 'image' was much better. Now, with Sofia he drives fast cars, fights with strangers, works a little. His behavior changed and I blame Sofia and her friends. I'm pretty sure that with other girlfriend he would be different person.

That's a horrible thing to say and can you actually prove any of it? No.
He doesn't fight with strangers he got punched in a bar by a random drunk person. He's always liked fast cars and that kind of lifestyle, Emma probably tried to prevent him from doing things she didn't like. CP likes Sofia, Sofia likes CP - does any of that actually effect anybody in real life here? No.

It doesn't effect us, but it effect SRF. If they'll marry and there will be referendum about future of monarchy in Sweden I won't be that sure that Victoria will be a queen.
I'm sorry but for me Sofia attention-seeker, trashy model, thank to her SRF is getting bad press around the world.

It doesn't effect us, but it effect SRF. If they'll marry and there will be referendum about future of monarchy in Sweden I won't be that sure that Victoria will be a queen.
I'm sorry but for me Sofia attention-seeker, trashy model, thank to her SRF is getting bad press around the world.

I don't think just this relationship will cause the Swedish people to vote against the monarchy, this has just been the kicker. If they decide they don't want to monarchy, this isn't going to be the sole reason. Maybe they should have one now so CP can live in peace.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back
Top Bottom