The Royal Forums Coat of Arms

Go Back   The Royal Forums > Reigning Houses > Royal House of Sweden > Current Events Archive

Join The Royal Forums Today
Closed Thread

Old 06-09-2014, 02:31 PM
Heir Apparent
Royal Blogger

Quote:
Originally Posted by Lulu_tka View Post
I thought he looked fine. They're holding hands which isn't something that a couple who weren't in love or who disliked each other would do. I didn't think there was anything 'off' about their relationship at Leonore's christening. As Lee-Z has said, Carl Philip and Sofia and other couples don't have to kiss or hug each other every ten minutes to show their love for one another.

I also doubt their relationship is over, since there have been lots of rumours about proposals and marriage dates (IIRC, there were engagement rumours at the time of Madeleine and Chris's wedding). I wasn't sure about a wedding between Carl Philip and Sofia in the past, but now I think that it might happen, possibly next year or the year after.

Apparently, Sofia's dress she wore at the christening is from Valerie:

http://www.newmyroyals.com/2014/06/s...n-valerie.html

"She is a little angel and like her name, she brings sunshine even on cloudy days. From the bottom of our hearts, we would like to thank each and every one of you for your lovely best wishes for our daughter. She feels very loved". HRH Princess Madeleine, Duchess of Hälsingland and Gästrikland on her daughter, HRH Princess Leonore, Duchess of Gotland.
Join my new group!
Old 06-09-2014, 02:37 PM
Serene Highness

I think that instead of a marriage it might happen a "happy" event...

Old 06-09-2014, 04:55 PM
Gentry

Quote:
Originally Posted by LadyFinn View Post
Svensk Damtidning wrote in March that there will be an engagement before the king's birthday. It didn't happen and now Svensk Damtidning has invented a new explanation why Carl Philip and Sofia haven't got engaged yet.
Carl Philip and Sofia aren't just ready to get engaged. Sofia is so involved with her work at the Project Playground and as a princess she wouldn't have time to work with PP as intensively as now. She wants to concentrate on her career. And there is Leonore's christening and the court doesn't want many events at the same time. Carl Philip has also denied the reports that he is designing the engagement ring. And Sofia told at the TV-interview that she doesn't feel home at great galas with gala gowns which is a big part of being a princess. And by waiting and waiting Carl Philip and Sofia get more and more people to their side.
She could have fooled me easiely!!!!
Old 06-09-2014, 06:11 PM
Courtier

Quote:
Originally Posted by Thomasine View Post
She could have fooled me easiely!!!!
Me also and career? What career, maybe keeping CP happy is her career. Oh well, to each is own..................
Old 06-11-2014, 11:15 AM
Imperial Majesty

Sofia on Monday at her mentor Barbro Ehnbom's "Female Economist of the Year" -event. Sofia attends that every year.
http://kungligamodebloggen.svenskdam...06/sofia-h.png
Old 06-12-2014, 06:33 AM
Gentry

Quote:
Originally Posted by LadyFinn View Post
Sofia on Monday at her mentor Barbro Ehnbom's "Female Economist of the Year" -event. Sofia attends that every year.
http://kungligamodebloggen.svenskdam...06/sofia-h.png
And I always wonder why!?
Old 06-12-2014, 08:19 AM
Serene Highness

Quote:
Originally Posted by Thomasine View Post
And I always wonder why!?

Because it's her mentors event?
Old 06-12-2014, 02:22 PM
Courtier

She looks great!

I'm a firm supporter of fair chance's.
Use your chance, Sofia. You're doing a fine job so far.
Old 06-12-2014, 02:42 PM
Heir Apparent

Yes, she does!

I feel that we may expect their engagement soon! Maybe on Sofia's 30th birthday? (6 December).
Old 06-12-2014, 04:32 PM
Heir Presumptive

Gosh these two are still together! Just marry her already and call it a day. I'm sure that's her greatest desire anyway.

Sent from my SM-G900T using The Royals Community mobile app
Old 06-12-2014, 05:07 PM
Courtier

They will marry when they're ready. And they won't marry when they're not. And even if they never marry and still stay a couple, it's okay. It's their relationship and they decide what to do and where to go. And unless there is an official announcement for anything all these speculations are just wasted time.

Old 06-14-2014, 02:22 AM
Imperial Majesty

Expressen Extra writes that now when the christening has gone, Carl Philip and Sofia are free to get engaged.
"Royal expert" Sten Hedman:
- Hopefully. It is time they get married now.
Hedman thinks that they could get engaged around Victoria's birthday.
Carl Philip och Sofia Hellqvist förlovar sig – om bara några veckor Stoppa Pressarna
Old 06-14-2014, 06:57 AM
Courtier

If there really will be an engagement this summer, I'm sure they won't announce it officially until after their summer holiday, which means August at earliest. But let's wait and see. The press is always speculating about an engagement and it's just a question of time when they're right with their speculations.

By the way, the third picture of that article which shows Sofia alone is really nice.

Old 06-14-2014, 07:39 AM
Serene Highness

Again, Sofia and CP are engaged every year and more for the press...
Old 06-14-2014, 08:13 AM
Majesty

If I were the press, I wouldn't say that they are free to get engaged but are free to announce it.

Dr. Maya Angelou
Old 06-16-2014, 09:16 AM
Aristocracy

Quote:
Originally Posted by KitKat2006 View Post
They will marry when they're ready. And they won't marry when they're not. And even if they never marry and still stay a couple, it's okay. It's their relationship and they decide what to do and where to go. And unless there is an official announcement for anything all these speculations are just wasted time.
It is not so simple. They can't get married unless they have the consent of the King and the government of Sweden, which is not guaranteed at this point. On the other hand, if they stay a couple, but don't get married, their children will have no succession rights.
Old 06-16-2014, 10:54 AM
Serene Highness

Quote:
Originally Posted by Mbruno View Post
It is not so simple. They can't get married unless they have the consent of the King and the government of Sweden, which is not guaranteed at this point. On the other hand, if they stay a couple, but don't get married, their children will have no succession rights.
They can also get married without the King's consent and CP will lose his succession rights. I doubt the King would refuse permission though and the government is unlikely to veto unless Sofia has a criminal record or something..
Old 06-16-2014, 03:59 PM
Courtier

Quote:
Originally Posted by Mbruno View Post
Sure it's that simple. It's their life and their decissions. If they want to get married they'll marry, if they don't want to get married they won't. They only need the kings permission if they and their kids want to stay in the line of succession but they don't need his permission to get married. It's no more the kings decission than ours. And if they don't get married and have kids out of succession line so what? It's also their decission. There are consequences for themselfes and their kids but that's all. No one can stop a marriage of those two if they really want it and no one can force them to marry if they don't want to. In the end it's simply their decission.

Old 06-16-2014, 04:23 PM
Serene Highness

Quote:
Originally Posted by KitKat2006 View Post
Sure it's that simple. It's their life and their decissions. If they want to get married they'll marry, if they don't want to get married they won't. They only need the kings permission if they and their kids want to stay in the line of succession but they don't need his permission to get married. It's no more the kings decission than ours. And if they don't get married and have kids out of succession line so what? It's also their decission. There are consequences for themselfes and their kids but that's all. No one can stop a marriage of those two if they really want it and no one can force them to marry if they don't want to. In the end it's simply their decission.
Can an person in line to a throne actually be selfish like that? Or is there a certain amount of "doing the right thing for the family" involved?
I mean: suppose both Estelle and Leonore stay "only child", then at some point the line to the swedish throne is going to be quite short, isn't it?
Doesn't CP have some sort of responsibility in this regard?
Old 06-16-2014, 04:35 PM
Heir Presumptive

Quote:
Originally Posted by Lee-Z View Post
Can an person in line to a throne actually be selfish like that? Or is there a certain amount of "doing the right thing for the family" involved?

I mean: suppose both Estelle and Leonore stay "only child", then at some point the line to the swedish throne is going to be quite short, isn't it?

Doesn't CP have some sort of responsibility in this regard?

Edward VIII was king and he chose to do the "selfish" thing by abdicating his throne in order to marry a woman his government didn't approve of.

Many royals have in the past entered into marriages that have resulted in them being excluded from the line of succession. 3 of the King's sisters entered into unequal marriages causing them and their descendants to be removed from the succession, and his other sister converted to Catholicism, causing her and her to descendants to be removed. If CP were to marry without permission or to have children out of wedlock then he'd be no more selfish than his aunts.

Tags
prince carl philip