The Royal Forums Coat of Arms

Go Back   The Royal Forums > Reigning Houses > Royal House of Sweden > Current Events Archive

Join The Royal Forums Today
Closed Thread

Old 05-09-2014, 11:12 AM
Majesty

I don't think Carl Philip and Sofia are looking at a calender to see when they can get engaged. They can do that at anytime and who knows, they probably already gotten that out of the way. I think the idea is to when to make the announcement.

Dr. Maya Angelou
Old 05-09-2014, 11:51 AM
Imperial Majesty

Sofia spoke about Project Playground on Wednesday at the Scandinavian E-business Camp in Gothenburg.
Instagram

Old 05-09-2014, 12:11 PM
Majesty

Quote:
Originally Posted by LadyFinn View Post
Sofia spoke about Project Playground on Wednesday at the Scandinavian E-business Camp in Gothenburg.
Instagram
I really like seeing Sofia working hard on behalf of Project Playground.

Dr. Maya Angelou
Old 05-17-2014, 01:34 AM
Imperial Majesty

Svensk Damtidning wrote in March that there will be an engagement before the king's birthday. It didn't happen and now Svensk Damtidning has invented a new explanation why Carl Philip and Sofia haven't got engaged yet.
Carl Philip and Sofia aren't just ready to get engaged. Sofia is so involved with her work at the Project Playground and as a princess she wouldn't have time to work with PP as intensively as now. She wants to concentrate on her career. And there is Leonore's christening and the court doesn't want many events at the same time. Carl Philip has also denied the reports that he is designing the engagement ring. And Sofia told at the TV-interview that she doesn't feel home at great galas with gala gowns which is a big part of being a princess. And by waiting and waiting Carl Philip and Sofia get more and more people to their side.
Old 05-17-2014, 05:35 AM
Courtier

Oh dear, I wonder just how much BS from Svensk Dam can produce for this couple that do very little for the people of Sweden. The only ones who really work and care for Sweden is PV and PD, they work hard and are really very interested in doing what is best for their country. KCG...........well words can't said about this person!
Old 05-17-2014, 06:13 AM
Administrator
Royal Blogger, TRF Author

Well, private matters aside the king and the queen are still the most active members of the family. But these days princess Estelle seems to have more public engagements than her uncle and aunt.

It seems that the magazine fabricated an explanation why their fabricated engagement didnt go on. That anybody still reads such stories and buys such a magazine is more surprising that the stories they make up. As is clear from just scrolling through this thread they live in an imaginary universe.
Old 05-17-2014, 07:56 AM
Majesty

This kind of speculation happens when there's a long courtship. How many times did the press write about William & Catherine's engagement before it was actually officially announced? Too many times. The media gets excited and then tired after a while.

Dr. Maya Angelou
Old 05-17-2014, 08:09 AM
Serene Highness

They would have married more than 10 times if it had been for the papers!
Old 05-17-2014, 09:14 AM
Majesty

The key is to wait and see.

Dr. Maya Angelou
Old 05-17-2014, 09:25 AM
Serene Highness

well, we've been waiting for years now... Just carry on :-)
Old 05-17-2014, 09:48 AM
Majesty

Quote:
Originally Posted by Marty91charmed View Post
well, we've been waiting for years now... Just carry on :-)
Yeah, sometimes the wait can be long.

Dr. Maya Angelou
Old 05-17-2014, 10:37 AM
Courtier

Quote:
Originally Posted by LadyFinn View Post
Svensk Damtidning wrote in March that there will be an engagement before the king's birthday. It didn't happen and now Svensk Damtidning has invented a new explanation why Carl Philip and Sofia haven't got engaged yet.
Carl Philip and Sofia aren't just ready to get engaged. Sofia is so involved with her work at the Project Playground and as a princess she wouldn't have time to work with PP as intensively as now. She wants to concentrate on her career. And there is Leonore's christening and the court doesn't want many events at the same time. Carl Philip has also denied the reports that he is designing the engagement ring. And Sofia told at the TV-interview that she doesn't feel home at great galas with gala gowns which is a big part of being a princess. And by waiting and waiting Carl Philip and Sofia get more and more people to their side.
Gosh, what a fabricated Story....
This is the result when you are speculating too much, then you have to find excuses for things, which are not Happening.
Ridicolous...
BYe Bine
Old 05-17-2014, 11:10 AM
Imperial Majesty

It wasn't just Svensk Damtidning, during the first months of this year every swedish royal expert has said that they think that the engagement is coming soon. They have all said the same, some of them, like Svensk Damtidning, have claimed that they have got the information from "sources close to the royal family/court". It hasn't been like that in previous years. Svensk Damtidning of course has written million times that soon there will be an engagement, because they promote Sofia so strongly.
But once again, no engagement.
Old 05-22-2014, 10:48 AM
Heir Apparent

It has been unusually quiet on the CP / Sofia front for some time now. Calm before the storm?
Old 05-22-2014, 11:15 AM
Majesty

Quote:
Originally Posted by muriel View Post
It has been unusually quiet on the CP / Sofia front for some time now. Calm before the storm?
It has been very calm. I'm guessing appearences will be made for the Christening next month.

Dr. Maya Angelou
Old 05-22-2014, 11:42 AM
Heir Apparent

Quote:
Originally Posted by Dman View Post
It has been very calm. I'm guessing appearences will be made for the Christening next month.
Goes without saying.
Old 05-22-2014, 11:51 PM
Courtier

Quote:
Originally Posted by Dman View Post
I think many people will be watching to see if SH is at the christening of the new princess............it's been way to *quiet* for them and that says something. And since he was out for his birthday with his male friends and no girlfriend.........just wondering and yes a bit nosey......lolololo!
Old 05-23-2014, 12:01 AM
Imperial Majesty

Quote:
Originally Posted by SElizabeth View Post
I think many people will be watching to see if SH is at the christening of the new princess............it's been way to *quiet* for them and that says something. And since he was out for his birthday with his male friends and no girlfriend.........just wondering and yes a bit nosey......lolololo!
I think that Carl Philip had celebrated his birthday with his family and Sofia on 13th May and went out with his male friends on the next Sunday. It doesn't have to mean anything.
Old 05-23-2014, 12:38 AM
Courtier

True, I am just curious because she always in the past was talking to the media and for many weeks now, she has been very quiet, not like her. Guess we will have to wait and see and time will tell!
Old 06-04-2014, 12:54 PM
Imperial Majesty

Carl Philip and Sofia were at a wedding during the weekend. And interestingly only Sofia's biggest supporter, Svensk Damtidning magazine was there. Sofia looks just awful with her superunflattering hairdo.
SDT1424_HiResFiles(1)

Tags
prince carl philip