The Royal Forums Coat of Arms

Go Back   The Royal Forums > Reigning Houses > Royal House of Sweden > Current Events Archive

Join The Royal Forums Today
Closed Thread

Old 01-21-2014, 07:36 AM
Heir Presumptive

Quote:
Originally Posted by LadyFinn View Post
Svensk Damtidning writes that it's now it never, everything points out to a engagement of Carl Philip and Sofia soon. The Royal Family has hänen Sofia to their hearts. Maybe there will be a wedding at the Älvdalen Church?
Prins Carl Philip och Sofia förlovar sig? | Svensk Damtidning
These talks about engagement started some time ago. But I will be very surprised if they won't announce their engagement this year, after all PR companies and polished Sofia's image.

Old 01-21-2014, 11:56 AM
Imperial Majesty

Quote:
Originally Posted by Lenora View Post
These talks about engagement started some time ago. But I will be very surprised if they won't announce their engagement this year, after all PR companies and polished Sofia's image.
Svensk Damtidning has written for at least three years that Carl Philip and Sofia will be soon engaged, and nothing has happened...

Old 01-21-2014, 12:12 PM
Courtier

Quote:
Svensk Damtidning has written for at least three years that Carl Philip and Sofia will be soon engaged, and nothing has happened...
I have to admit, I also expected something in autumn, but I was wrong.
So maybe during the next 2 months, then a wedding could happen in summer.
BYe Bine
Old 01-21-2014, 01:35 PM
Aristocracy

If they do get engaged it will be after the birth of Madeleine and Chris's daughter.
Old 01-21-2014, 01:46 PM
Imperial Majesty

Quote:
Originally Posted by An Ard Ri View Post
Is there anything significant about the Älvdalen Church? Royal connection or perhaps Sofia's family worship there?
Sofia's parents live in Älvdalen.
Old 01-21-2014, 01:50 PM
Gentry

In my opinion, the question is not if they'll announce an engagement, but when.

In my opinion, the Swedish Royal Family will have a great time this years. Princess Madeleine will give birth to her daughter in february, I think Prince Carl Philip and Sofia will get engaged in the spring and get married by the summer. I also think Crown Princess Victoria will announce a pregnancy by the end of the year.
Old 01-21-2014, 02:21 PM
Super Moderator
Royal Blogger

Quote:
Sofia's parents live in Älvdalen.
Ah thanks,I was wondering why they mention that church in particular!
Old 01-21-2014, 02:43 PM
Heir Presumptive

I still wouldn't be surprised if CP and Sofia don't get engaged. Given how divisive she is, with people wanting them to break up or him to give up his position if they marry, I almost think the best position for them to take is to not marry and to simply continue on as is.
Old 01-21-2014, 03:09 PM
Majesty

I would think it would be a very bad thing to not allow them to be happy. I think if they want to walk down the isle as husband and wife, I think they should be allowed to do so.

Dr. Maya Angelou
Old 01-21-2014, 03:33 PM
Heir Presumptive

What reason is there to believe that they care about being husband and wife? They want to be together, clearly, but not everyone wants to get married - it's increasingly common for people to not do so, especially among celebrity types (which Sofia is in her own right).
Old 01-21-2014, 03:36 PM
Heir Presumptive
Royal Blogger

I can picture Carl Philip and Sofia getting married, but not within the next few months - preferably around Autumn this year, with a wedding sometime next year or in the early months of 2016.
"She is a little angel and like her name, she brings sunshine even on cloudy days. From the bottom of our hearts, we would like to thank each and every one of you for your lovely best wishes for our daughter. She feels very loved". HRH Princess Madeleine, Duchess of Hälsingland and Gästrikland on her daughter, HRH Princess Leonore, Duchess of Gotland.
Join my new group!
Old 01-21-2014, 03:48 PM
Majesty

Sorry, I meant to say "if they want to get married."

Dr. Maya Angelou
Old 01-22-2014, 09:43 AM
Courtier

Since when does *love* require a marriage license? And getting married doesn't mean that it (the marriage) is going to last or even work..............being that there is much controversy in SH's life, maybe they should wait 7/8 years like Daniel had to do. Now if anybody has made a perfect fit for himself in a royal family, it's Daniel. She is going to have some trouble polishing her image, yet it they do get married , I will wish them the best.
Old 01-22-2014, 01:05 PM
Super Moderator
Picture of the Month Representative - Norway & Spain
Royal Blogger

If they love each other and want to get married, they should get married. If they don't want to get married or want to wait a little longer before getting engaged that's fine, too.
(well, what a totally useless post haha)

Old 01-23-2014, 07:43 AM
Courtier

BUNTE is suggesting that they are secretly engaged for a long time
Carl Philip & Sofia : Längst heimlich verlobt? | BUNTE.de
Old 01-23-2014, 08:17 AM
Administrator
Royal Blogger, TRF Author

Bunte knows as much as we do about this matter. Many of their articles are based on whatever they read on royalty forums/blogs and on the foreign gutter press. Sometimes they even copy mistakes too. And the Swedish press just makes most things up. For Sofia they have the tactic to try to echo Hans Christian Andersen and make up fairy tales. Madeleine these days gets the role of wicked witch. Staying truthful is not one of their primary concerns though. In the end they don't know a thing, but if you predict an engagement for 3 years (going on), you are bound to be right at one point.
Old 01-23-2014, 11:05 AM
Imperial Majesty

Quote:
Originally Posted by Marengo View Post
Bunte knows as much as we do about this matter. Many of their articles are based on whatever they read on royalty forums/blogs and on the foreign gutter press. Sometimes they even copy mistakes too. And the Swedish press just makes most things up. For Sofia they have the tactic to try to echo Hans Christian Andersen and make up fairy tales. Madeleine these days gets the role of wicked witch. Staying truthful is not one of their primary concerns though. In the end they don't know a thing, but if you predict an engagement for 3 years (going on), you are bound to be right at one point.
Right, Bunte copies the articles in Svensk Damtidining, Expressen, Aftonbladet and the worst gossip magazines Hänt Extra and Se & Hör. In the latest article they quote Kjell Arne Totland, who said many months ago that Carl Philip and Sofia may be secrectly engaged.

Article in Expressen about the life after Paradise Hotel of some people, mostly about Sofia.
Camilla Sundman and Sofia became a partyduo who broke from the Stureplan inside bars to the hippest places in New York. They lived together in Manhattan for three years - where Sofia was working as a yoga instructor. Friends worked as models and waitresses while partied.
Today, Sofia and Camilla have constant contact - even if they are often in different parts of the world.
- I have been living in the Philippines with my family for over a year, running my fashion company CS Fashion. And she travels the lot itself so we hear on emails and meet when we're in Sweden, says Camilla.
The relatively newly established fashion company is a dream come true for Camilla. Now she hopes to get some help from her friend who is photographed extensively.
- I have provided Sofia with some of my dresses.
Så lever de efter Paradise Hotel Extra Expressen Kändisar Hänt i Veckan Skvaller
Translation

Camilla and Sofia during their party years
http://cdn.stureplan.se/legacy/artic...64aede7814.jpg
Old 01-24-2014, 08:19 AM
Royal Highness

Quote:
Sofia Hellqvist chose the "green woman"
Sofia Hellqvist valde den ”gröna kvinnan” | Svensk Damtidning

https://translate.google.com.tr/tran...nan%2F&act=url
Old 01-27-2014, 10:36 AM
Royal Highness

Quote:
Wedding? Sight for Carl Philip and Sofia Hellqvist Sweden?
¿Boda a la vista para Carlos Felipe de Suecia y Sofia Hellqvist?

https://translate.google.com.tr/tran...oda%2F&act=url
Old 01-27-2014, 02:35 PM
Aristocracy

I'm afraid to say it but I think that if they do get married that Sophia will be constantly vilified by the press .She will become the Sarah Ferguson of sweden. That is not to say that Sarah hasn't brought on much of the criticism but in the early years of her marriage she could do no right compared to Diana..The press always love a negative story and I feel she will fill that role for them.If I was Carl and I really wanted to marry her I would move away from Sweden to shield her from what the press is likely to do to her.

Tags
prince carl philip