The Royal Forums Coat of Arms

Go Back   The Royal Forums > Reigning Houses > Royal House of Sweden > Current Events Archive

Join The Royal Forums Today
Closed Thread

Old 09-02-2013, 07:41 AM
Aristocracy

I'm not Sofias biggest fan either, but I think that she's going to be a member of the royal family very soon. I don't think she'll be princess. Jonas Bergström wasn't supposed to be prince when he was engaged to Madeleine, his future title was supposedly Duke of Gästrikland and Hälsingland. Sofia could become Duchess of Värmland, to match Carl Philips ducal title.

I agree that an engagment announcement will likely come this fall. My guess is that they will likely have a more low key wedding, probably in Öland. Time will tell if I'm right :)

Old 09-02-2013, 10:13 AM
Imperial Majesty

I wish Sofia would learn sometime, that she doesn't have to push herself to every photo, she is photographed all the time anyway. She has been three years with Carl Philip and is still as hungry for the camera as in the beginning.
http://www.bekia.es/images/galeria/4...staf-vicky.jpg

Old 09-02-2013, 10:35 AM
Majesty
TRF Author

hello camera
I think she wants to be taken seriously as CPs quasi-fiancee, so she wants to get noticed at such events.
Old 09-02-2013, 11:07 AM
Administrator
Royal Blogger, TRF Author

Quote:
Originally Posted by Duke of Marmalade View Post
hello camera
Old habits die hard.
Old 09-02-2013, 11:10 AM
Majesty

I thought Sofia looked beautiful. It's always good to see her and Prince Carl Philip attend family events.

Dr. Maya Angelou
Old 09-02-2013, 02:35 PM
Serene Highness

Sofia likes her picture being taken and there's nothing wrong with that. Some of the pictures though looks like she wants to be the center of attention.
Old 09-02-2013, 03:05 PM
Heir Apparent

At every Royal event Sofia has attended beginning with Estelle's christening this young woman seems to make a point of finding the camera and making eye contact with it. She is the only one who does this...it's unnerving and annoying to look at.

It also makes sense, given her stated desire for fame.

I just cannot take her seriously as a Royal princess. If/when she marries C-P, I will simply choose to ignore their existence in the SRF.
Old 09-02-2013, 04:02 PM
Majesty

But Does not the press take a lot of photos and just ā few photos are choosen?
Old 09-02-2013, 04:09 PM
Imperial Majesty

Quote:
Originally Posted by Josefine View Post
But Does not the press take a lot of photos and just ā few photos are choosen?
If you look the photos from the wedding at the photo agencies, there is twice or three times more photos of Sofia than anyone else. At Madeleine's wedding she was photographed very much too. I'm sure she knows that she gets into a lot of photos, she could act normal and not seek at the cameras constantly.
Old 09-02-2013, 04:18 PM
Majesty

The media is very interested in Sofia no matter if she's looking towards the camera or not. They know it's possible that she could be a the next bride. Many of the other royals also look at the camera.

Dr. Maya Angelou
Old 09-02-2013, 04:39 PM
Commoner

Surely the press is interested in Sofia because of her past and her likely engagement. But there is a difference between the press' interest and actively looking for the camera everytime at every event.
Old 09-02-2013, 04:46 PM
Courtier

Just my two cents, but there are thousands of snaps taken, and one would have to go through all, or the majority, of them to get a real sense of how many shots show her looking for the camera.

Otherwise, as scientists say, you have "selection bias."
Old 09-02-2013, 04:49 PM
Serene Highness

I've thought about this and you generally don't see as a group royals at a social event that they hosted or an event that they attended seeking out the camera or wanting to be the center of attention by being photographed. Most seem to want to be low-keyed and have a few pictures taken and that was it. The photos that they take of them are not flashy nor do they make themselves the center of attention.

The same was true of their partners who also didn't seek the limelight. Avoiding it seemed to be what they did. My guess is that this was some type of understanding or something that they figured out on their own to be low-keyed. Probably was never discussed with them but they knew this unwritten rule as they saw what happened to others that violated this or other similiar unwritten rules.
Old 09-02-2013, 05:31 PM
Aristocracy

I think an engagement will come in October or November.
Old 09-02-2013, 08:24 PM
Heir Apparent

Quote:
Originally Posted by Dman View Post
The media is very interested in Sofia no matter if she's looking towards the camera or not. They know it's possible that she could be a the next bride. Many of the other royals also look at the camera.
I've literally never seen any Royal guests seeking the cameras and grinning wildly at them like Ms. Hellqvist.

If you have examples, I'd love to see them.
Old 09-02-2013, 09:46 PM
Heir Presumptive

Hmmm. I can think of one other person who married into Royalty who liked to look into the camera and liked the attention. Here she is attracting attention before she was married. http://ris.fashion.telegraph.co.uk/R...2_2090657a.jpg Both before and after her marriage the photographers and the people called out to her to look at them and give her their attention. She was loved by the people. Why is Sofia wrong for doing the same thing?
Old 09-02-2013, 09:50 PM
Courtier

Quote:
Originally Posted by Roslyn View Post
Hmmm. I can think of one other person who married into Royalty who liked to look into the camera and liked the attention. Here she is attracting attention before she was married. http://ris.fashion.telegraph.co.uk/R...2_2090657a.jpg Both before and after her marriage the photographers and the people called out to her to look at them and give her their attention. She was loved by the people. Why is Sofia treated differently?
Oh wow, it's Grace!! Never saw this pic before. I, at this point, do not have a favorable view of Carl Philips significant other. Hopefully it will change, but wowie some of the things I have read and seen about her.....
Old 09-02-2013, 09:52 PM
Nobility

Quote:
Originally Posted by Moonmaiden23 View Post
I've literally never seen any Royal guests seeking the cameras and grinning wildly at them like Ms. Hellqvist.

If you have examples, I'd love to see them.
I'm sure the moderators don't want the sites named but there are forums dedicated to snarking on royalty and there you can find just as many photos of Mary of Denmark, the Duchess of Cambridge, and many others that make them look like they are just seeking out the camera. In fact, the selection of many, many photos of Mary make her look like she cares about nothing BUT where the camera is.
Old 09-02-2013, 09:54 PM
Heir Apparent

Thanks Roslyn, but it's not quite the same thing to attract a lot of attention-which heaven knows Diana did-and seem to always be actively seeking out the camera wherever you know you may be photographed. In the last eight years or so of her life Diana was often seen looking into the camera with a hunted, frightened, tense expression...the result of being stalked by paps which she hated.

I don't think it's the same with Hellqvist. It's like apples and oranges, imo.

NobleConsortMing-yes I know which site you are thinking of and I agree with you about CP Mary.
Old 09-02-2013, 10:02 PM
Heir Presumptive

Quote:
Originally Posted by Moonmaiden23 View Post
Thanks Roslyn, but it's not quite the same thing to attract a lot of attention-which heaven knows Diana did-and seem to always be actively seeking out the camera wherever you know you may be photographed. In the eight years or so of her life Diana was often seen looking into the camera with a hunted, frightened, tense expression...the result of being stalked by paps which she hated.

I don't think it's the same with Hellqvist. It's like apples and oranges, imo.
I could put together an argument on that issue, but I won't. I promise.

Tags
prince carl philip