The Royal Forums Coat of Arms

Go Back   The Royal Forums > Reigning Houses > Royal House of Sweden > Current Events Archive

Join The Royal Forums Today
Closed Thread

Old 06-03-2013, 04:53 PM
Courtier

Quote:
Originally Posted by NGalitzine View Post
I wonder what excuse they would use to deprive her of the female version of her husbands titles? Traditionally men have not derived titles from their wives, but women traditionally do take the female version of their husbands titles as we can see from the current kings sisters (Baroness, Princess, Mrs) and with his late aunt HRH Princess Lilian Duchess of Halland.
With Chris they say he gets no titles because he is not Swedish and he is involved in business. They cannot use that same excuse with Sofia.
I agree with you on that. Why should they not grant her the HRH Princess Sofia? Yes some people do not like her but I doubt the king wouldn't grant her the Princess title.

Old 06-03-2013, 10:16 PM
Imperial Majesty

Quote:
Originally Posted by Kit View Post
I agree with you on that. Why should they not grant her the HRH Princess Sofia? Yes some people do not like her but I doubt the king wouldn't grant her the Princess title.
The king has to consider the future of the monarchy and the public opinion while deciding the possible title, if there will be a marriage between Carl Philip and Sofia.

It seems that Sofia will be in the headlines in the autumn - swedish TV6 starts a new season of the scandal soap opera "Paradise Hotel" Sofia participated in 2005. Already now some newspaper articles about that Sofia was at the program earlier.
Skandalsåpan Paradise hotel gör comeback TV Nöjesbladet Aftonbladet
Paradise Hotel är tillbaka

Old 06-03-2013, 11:34 PM
Heir Presumptive

The Swedish people have shown no seriously problems with Sofia, the select view on this board do not count as the larger Swedish public.
Jaqueline Bouvier Kennedy, September 12, 1953
Countess Stephanie of Belgium October 20, 2012
Old 06-04-2013, 01:35 AM
Royal Highness

Quote:
Originally Posted by LadyFinn View Post

The king has to consider the future of the monarchy and the public opinion while deciding the possible title, if there will be a marriage between Carl Philip and Sofia.

It seems that Sofia will be in the headlines in the autumn - swedish TV6 starts a new season of the scandal soap opera "Paradise Hotel" Sofia participated in 2005. Already now some newspaper articles about that Sofia was at the program earlier.
Skandalsåpan Paradise hotel gör comeback TV Nöjesbladet Aftonbladet
Paradise Hotel är tillbaka
They are rerunning the 2005 show hat she was on?
Old 06-04-2013, 01:38 AM
Royal Highness

Quote:
Originally Posted by XeniaCasaraghi View Post
The Swedish people have shown no seriously problems with Sofia, the select view on this board do not count as the larger Swedish public.
Well stated. When you think about it, compared to the Swedish population, this board doesn't match up to 15% , and that us hardly the majority of the population. Plus, not everyone on the board is Swedish!

The engagement is inevitable, so people will just have to wait and see how things play out as the wedding day draws closer.
Old 06-04-2013, 02:10 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by NGalitzine View Post
With Chris they say he gets no titles because he is not Swedish and he is involved in business. They cannot use that same excuse with Sofia.
Then you believe it was an excuse? What do you think the real reason was?
Quote:
But you could also ask why she should be granted a princess title. Jonas was in the same position, and the king supposedly liked him, but nevertheless he was only granted a ducal title.
Old 06-04-2013, 02:32 PM
Imperial Majesty

Quote:
Originally Posted by USCtrojan View Post
They are rerunning the 2005 show hat she was on?
No, like I wrote, they start a new season. But it is the best way of marketing the new season to use Sofia's photo and name.
Old 06-04-2013, 04:15 PM
Royal Highness

Quote:
Originally Posted by LadyFinn View Post

No, like I wrote, they start a new season. But it is the best way of marketing the new season to use Sofia's photo and name.
Ahh, thanks! I misunderstood!
Old 06-08-2013, 08:04 AM
Heir Presumptive

To become a member of the royal family it is necessary to give up your own job. Does this fact also mean that you have give up a job in a charity organisation?

Would this mean, that Sofia have to stop her work for "Project Playground" to get the HRH Princess of Sweden, Duchess of Värmland?
I had a dream: Let's connect our thoughts together, than we have a mission, let's connect our feelings together, than we have a mood, let's connect our dreams together, than we have a vision and let's connect our mission, our mood and our vision together than we have a perfect life.
Old 06-08-2013, 08:07 AM
Administrator
Royal Blogger, TRF Author

I wouldn't know why, esp. since the whole charity seems to have been designed to make her acceptable as the wife of CP. Why on earth will she be an HRH princess of Sweden, when Jonas was only supposed to become a duke?
I do believe Daniel had to give up some things, but he is a 'full time' royal, so to speak.
Old 06-08-2013, 08:10 AM
Imperial Majesty

Quote:
Originally Posted by Marengo View Post
I wouldn't know why, esp. since the whole charity seems to have been designed to make her acceptable as the wife of CP. Why on earth will she be an HRH princess of Sweden, when Jonas was only supposed to become a duke?
I do believe Daniel had to give up some things, but he is a 'full time' royal, so to speak.
We don't know if Sofia will be a princess.
Daniel retired from his work as the ceo of his gyms and from the boards of companies, but he still owns shares in the companies.
Old 06-08-2013, 08:16 AM
Aristocracy

[QUOTE=Marengo;1560422]I wouldn't know why, esp. since the whole charity seems to have been designed to make her acceptable as the wife of CP.

This is so true.
Old 06-08-2013, 08:23 AM
Majesty

If Carl Philip & Sofia make things official, I do think Sofia should continue to involved with Project Playground. If that's the plan because she seems to really believe in the charity and enjoy the children the charity helps.

Dr. Maya Angelou
Old 06-08-2013, 08:36 AM
Gentry

Här gör Sofia Hellqvist sig redo för bröllopet
Old 06-09-2013, 11:41 AM
Serene Highness

Quote:
Well, in nearly all countries - and also Sweden - the wife of the Prince is becoming Princess (In general this sounds a bit unfair, as this is not always equally with Princesses and their non-royal husbands) - exception is i.e. UK with Camilla but here the reasons were different ones....

Chris refused to receive a Title because of his nationality and job and the unwillingness to change that. Sofia for sure will accept the title as Princess

BYe Bine
Old 06-09-2013, 12:21 PM
Majesty

Do you think we Will see a engagement this year and a wedding next year?
Old 06-09-2013, 12:26 PM
Aristocracy

Quote:
Originally Posted by Josefine View Post
I'm not so sure. There's a lot going on in the royal family this year. Besides the recent wedding you have:
* the king's 40'th jubilee as a regent (Sept 15'th)
* Daniels 40'th birthday - the same day! (He was born the day the king ascended the throne).
* Silvia will turn 70 in December.

So.. kind of a busy schedule. Perhaps an engagmeng in october or november, and a wedding next summer. But I don't think so. Even if Sofia is accepted in the family, I think that the royal court is fully aware that she's not popular among the general population. They might think that it's better to give her more time to be trained for a future as a true member of the royal house.
Old 06-11-2013, 12:18 AM
Imperial Majesty

I think that Sofia is not very delighted that new clips of her at the Paradise Hotel have been downloaded to Youtube.
Old 06-11-2013, 02:49 AM
Aristocracy

If Sofia didn't want them to be seen, maybe she should have restrained for being a contestant then.
Old 06-11-2013, 04:35 AM
Nobility

Quote:
Originally Posted by Josefine View Post
I wouldn't rule out that. They might get engaged during this fall or winter and then we'll se the last swedish royal wedding for many years next summer

Tags
prince carl philip