The Royal Forums Coat of Arms

Go Back   The Royal Forums > Reigning Houses > Royal House of Sweden > Current Events Archive

Join The Royal Forums Today
Closed Thread

Old 05-23-2013, 06:42 PM
Heir Presumptive

I really believe that after the wedding, the engagement will be announced.

Old 05-23-2013, 09:14 PM
Heir Presumptive

Quote:
Originally Posted by NGalitzine View Post
I do hope they announce an engagement, if that is really what the couple want, if for no other reason than to read all the inevitable posts of moral outrage from those who believe her to be an unsuitable match for a royal prince. Some of the posts so far have been quite amusing.
You are, quite, correct. It is time. They seem to love each other and it is nice. Other "Royal" houses such as the Windsors, have accepted mistresses, why not this woman?

Old 05-23-2013, 09:28 PM
Heir Presumptive

I'd love to see am engagement announced if only because Sofia will be a stunningly attractive bride.

I think it'll happen soon. She's very clearly been accepted by the family.
Old 05-23-2013, 11:56 PM
Imperial Majesty

Svensk Damtidning (which always writes very positive articles about Sofia) writes that Sofia's and Carl Philip's relationship has been stormy, they have separated many times and returned together again. The reason to the rows has mostly been that Sofia hasn't felt that she is accepted by the royal family. She has felt hurt and demanded that Carl Philip should do something. Sofia has been seen outwards as shy, but at home it has been she who has put pressure on Carl Philip, everyone thinks that she controls their relationship. Carl Philip has sometimes tried to protest when Sofia has told her demands or wishes. Every time Sofia has got what she wanted.
According to Svensk Damtidning's knowledge the relationship was extra turbulent just weeks before Estelle's christening, this is confirmed also by Johan T Lindwall at his book "Madeleine - prinsessan privat". Sofia was stubborn and threatened Carl Philip that their relationship would end if he wouldn't get her a place at the Chapel. They had many fights and Carl Philip went finally to talk with the king and told how serious things were with Sofia, she had to be invited. The king saw how serious this was and so Sofia and Chris were invited. Right now Sofia feels that she is accepted.
Old 05-24-2013, 12:32 AM
Majesty

Oh the the drama. The media can get pretty creative.

Dr. Maya Angelou
Old 05-24-2013, 04:44 AM
Aristocracy

I would love to see the reactions to the engagement.
Old 05-24-2013, 12:58 PM
Aristocracy

I think if an engagement is announced this summer it will be after Victoria's Birthday.
Old 05-25-2013, 12:06 PM
Imperial Majesty

Carl Philip and Sofia at the courtyard of the Royal Palace on Friday, with their dog Siri. Sofia left after Peter Wixtröm had taken these photos for Aftonbladet.
Vov! Titta – här är prinsens nya polare
Old 05-25-2013, 12:09 PM
Heir Apparent

What a sweet puppy!
Old 05-25-2013, 04:56 PM
Majesty

Very nice pictures.

Dr. Maya Angelou
Old 05-25-2013, 05:40 PM
Heir Apparent
Royal Blogger

I think their new puppy is very cute; I particularly like the photo of Carl Philip kissing it. Siri is also a sweet name for a dog IMO.
"She is a little angel and like her name, she brings sunshine even on cloudy days. From the bottom of our hearts, we would like to thank each and every one of you for your lovely best wishes for our daughter. She feels very loved". HRH Princess Madeleine, Duchess of Hälsingland and Gästrikland on her daughter, HRH Princess Leonore, Duchess of Gotland.
Join my new group!
Old 05-25-2013, 06:47 PM
Royal Highness

Quote:
Originally Posted by Biri View Post
What a sweet puppy!
Yeah, agreed! Cute pooch for sure!
Old 05-27-2013, 03:03 AM
Super Moderator
Picture of the Month Representative - Monaco and Sweden

Some more pics of Carl Philip and Sofia with the cute puppy can be found here:

** lehtikuva.fi: Carl Philip sai koiranpennun syntymäpäivälahjaksi Sofialta **
Old 05-27-2013, 03:14 AM
Imperial Majesty

It seems obvious that the court had called to Aftonbladet's photographer, so that these nice photos could be taken. I don't think that the photographer just went to the courtyard to wait if someone of the royal family would come out from the Palace.

At the latest Svensk Damtidning there was a photo where Sofia carries the puppy at her bag when they came out from m/s Victorina III from Carl Philip's birthday cruise.
Old 05-30-2013, 12:42 PM
Heir Presumptive

You can clearly see those photos were staged. Cute puppy though.
Old 05-31-2013, 02:59 AM
Imperial Majesty

When the king's solicitor Axel Calissendorff commented to Svensk Damtidning about the title of Chris O'Neill, Svensk Damtidning asked also about what is going to happen with Carl Philip's future wife. Calissendorff didn't want to comment that. Svensk Damtidning has talked with many sources from the court and everyone say that it is the king - and no one else - who decides about the possible princess title. Sofia Hellqvist will not automatically become a princess just because she gets married with a prince (if it happens). According to the sources of Svensk Damtidning, it is clear already now, that Sofia Hellqvist will never get a title of HRH.

We have to remember, that this is speculation ...
Old 05-31-2013, 03:20 AM
Majesty
TRF Author

Quote:
Originally Posted by LadyFinn View Post
When the king's solicitor Axel Calissendorff commented to Svensk Damtidning about the title of Chris O'Neill, Svensk Damtidning asked also about what is going to happen with Carl Philip's future wife. Calissendorff didn't want to comment that. Svensk Damtidning has talked with many sources from the court and everyone say that it is the king - and no one else - who decides about the possible princess title. Sofia Hellqvist will not automatically become a princess just because she gets married with a prince (if it happens). According to the sources of Svensk Damtidning, it is clear already now, that Sofia Hellqvist will never get a title of HRH.

We have to remember, that this is speculation ...
I agree and it wouldnt make sense at all to possibly make Sofia HRH. Jonas would 'only' have become a Duke had his marriage with Madde taken place, my guess is that the same will happen to Sofia, most likely she would become the Duchess of Värmland.
Old 06-03-2013, 01:56 PM
Heir Presumptive

Wonder if Sofia will be okay with just the duchess title.something tells me she won't...
Old 06-03-2013, 02:47 PM
Heir Apparent

I wonder what excuse they would use to deprive her of the female version of her husbands titles? Traditionally men have not derived titles from their wives, but women traditionally do take the female version of their husbands titles as we can see from the current kings sisters (Baroness, Princess, Mrs) and with his late aunt HRH Princess Lilian Duchess of Halland.
With Chris they say he gets no titles because he is not Swedish and he is involved in business. They cannot use that same excuse with Sofia.
Old 06-03-2013, 04:14 PM
Aristocracy

Quote:
Originally Posted by CrownPrincess5 View Post
Wonder if Sofia will be okay with just the duchess title.something tells me she won't...
Honestly the duchess title would be quite appropriate in my view! Her confort would come from the official statute, the money, invitations to participate in everything... spotlights etc
Please correct me if I am wrong, but the husbands of the sisters of the king, are not any prince neither!? or any title? even if they live in Sweden.

Tags
prince carl philip