The Royal Forums Coat of Arms

Go Back   The Royal Forums > Reigning Houses > Royal House of Sweden > Current Events Archive

Join The Royal Forums Today
Closed Thread

Old 05-10-2013, 09:33 AM
Aristocracy

Rubbish! I believe none of this gossip.

Old 05-11-2013, 08:06 AM
Imperial Majesty

Sofia, Frida Vesterberg and Sofia's sisters at the Celebration Benefit dinner the International Women's Club of Stockholm organized for Project Playground at the Clarion Hotel in Stockholm on 26th April. Carl Philip attended at the Dinner, but he isn't at the photos.
Photos from Red Carpet
Celebration Benefit Dinner - Red Carpet | Ditt gratis fotoalbum på nätet med MyAlbum.com!
Photos from the evening
Celebration Benefit Dinner - Mingle | Ditt gratis fotoalbum på nätet med MyAlbum.com!

Old 05-11-2013, 08:28 AM
Majesty

Wow, looks like everyone had a good time and supporting Project Playground.

Dr. Maya Angelou
Old 05-11-2013, 10:24 AM
Gentry

I like Sofia's sister much more
Old 05-15-2013, 02:09 AM
Imperial Majesty

Quote:
Originally Posted by LadyFinn View Post
Carl Philip and Sofia have been seen walking at the streets of Stockholm.
http://img.mtv3.fi/mn_kuvat/mtv3/vii...05/1651462.jpg
Another photo of Carl Philip from the same walking trip
http://pbs.twimg.com/media/BKOkzAICcAAawzh.jpg
Old 05-18-2013, 04:53 AM
Imperial Majesty

Sofia has visited one of Project Playground's main partners, Svenska Postkodlotteriet, to tell about PP's work.
Photo by postkodlotteriet • Instagram
Old 05-18-2013, 06:20 AM
Royal Highness

Quote:
Sofia, Frida Vesterberg and Sofia's sisters at the Celebration Benefit dinner the International Women's Club of Stockholm organized for Project Playground at the Clarion Hotel in Stockholm on 26th April. Carl Philip attended at the Dinner, but he isn't at the photos.
Photos from Red Carpet
Celebration Benefit Dinner - Red Carpet | Ditt gratis fotoalbum på nätet med MyAlbum.com!
Photos from the evening
Celebration Benefit Dinner - Mingle | Ditt gratis fotoalbum på nätet med MyAlbum.com!
Very pretty dress on Sofia, it reminds me a lot of Catherine´s blue Issa dress (the one she has worn during the tv announcement & interview with William).
If everything else goes as well as her sartorial changes,I would be very happy...let´s wait & see
. Helen Keller
Old 05-19-2013, 07:52 AM
Gentry

http://www.kungahuset.se/images/200....ix_507x340.jpg

Banns of Princess Madeleine and Mr. Christopher O'Neill in the Royal Chapel

Lysning för Prinsessan Madeleine och Herr Christopher O'Neill i Slottskyrkan - Sveriges Kungahus [NS4 version]
Old 05-19-2013, 08:44 AM
Royal Highness

Can anyone tell us what is written in the last Swedish press release? I could only figure out that W.A. Mozart and other music was played...but I do not know Swedish.
BTW I liked Madeleine´s dress a lot,the colour is fabulous! Q.Silvia,Sofia and CP Victoria...and of course the man of the moment,Chris O´Neill, looked elegant in the last pictures too :-)
. Helen Keller
Old 05-19-2013, 09:17 AM
Imperial Majesty

Quote:
Originally Posted by blauerengel View Post
Can anyone tell us what is written in the last Swedish press release? I could only figure out that W.A. Mozart and other music was played...but I do not know Swedish.
BTW I liked Madeleine´s dress a lot,the colour is fabulous! Q.Silvia,Sofia and CP Victoria...and of course the man of the moment,Chris O´Neill, looked elegant in the last pictures too :-)
This is a wrong thread to discuss about it, there is an own thread to the publishing of the banns¨
Madeleine & Chris Marriage Banns and Reception, May 19th 2013 - Page 2 - The Royal Forums
Old 05-23-2013, 02:08 PM
Imperial Majesty

At the cover of Expressen Extra

That's why the king made a turnaround
Sofia and Carl Philip are planning the wedding
The news surprised everyone
Sofia is overjoyed
http://www.expressen.se/ImageHandler...6-78f9a2f50d5b
Old 05-23-2013, 02:21 PM
Nobility

Lady Finn: that looks like a cheap paper, most of the time it's only speculations.
Old 05-23-2013, 02:30 PM
Imperial Majesty

Quote:
Originally Posted by Nice Nofret View Post
Lady Finn: that looks like a cheap paper, most of the time it's only speculations.
Yes, I know that Expressen is a tabloid. But after Sofia was allowed to be with the royal family at an official photo at Madeleine's and Chris' banns, it isn't a surprise that the swedish newspapers write articles like this. Many swedish royal experts predict a wedding in 2014.

Svensk Damtidning wrotes that Sofia gave Carl Philip a Border Terrier puppy as a birthday present last week.

Calle Schulman's (a longtime supporter of Sofia and Project Playground) advertising agency Top Hat and Project Playground launch their partnership
- Our agreement with Project Playground feels amazing! Wonderful to not only bring a lot of money into our fat German owners without ensuring that some of them will come to good things. I know Project Playground well and know how genuine they work. And how much difference they actually do, says Calle Schulman.
How is it to do business with Sofia Hellqvist, who can now be seen as part of the royal family?
- Sofia stands on her own feet and completely runs with a big heart a fantastic project. Our cooperation has nothing to do with other people to do.
Resumé Calle Schulmans avtal med Sofia Hellqvist

Sofia Hellqvist - Ganz offiziell GALA.DE
Translation
Old 05-23-2013, 02:50 PM
Royal Highness

Quote:
Calle Schulman's (a longtime supporter of Sofia and Project Playground) "Our agreement with Project Playground feels amazing! Wonderful to not only bring a lot of money into our fat German owners without ensuring that some of them will come to good things. I know Project Playground well and know how genuine they work. And how much difference they actually do", says Calle Schulman.
Does he have any reason to be so hateful and discrmininate the people of a whole country? There are good and bad people in every country,every family and every company. Why does he single out Germany-they do great charity work in many areas and they are known to be hard-working and decent people with high morals. As I have worked with many people from all kind of countries,also Germans, I could tell this impolite Calle Schulman that they are decent people with sound moral values and good working ethos!

It was probably meant well, but Calle Schulman certainly did not do a good service with such thoughtless words. He might have said "they use the money wisely and do not waste any of the donations",but his statement was not very smart.
. Helen Keller
Old 05-23-2013, 03:00 PM
Imperial Majesty

Norwegian royal expert Kjell Arne Totland
Sofia Hellquists store triumf Endelig med på familiebildet! Kongebloggen - Kjell Arne Totland
Translation
Old 05-23-2013, 03:12 PM
Majesty

I must say that an announcement from Prince Carl Philip & Sofia Hellqvist must be coming soon. After her seating at Princess Lilian's funeral and her immediate presence at Princess Madeleine & Chris O'Neill's Marriage Banns and Reception, I really do think they are getting themselves ready to take things to a more official level.

The palace posting pictures of Sofia on their official website was something very special.

Dr. Maya Angelou
Old 05-23-2013, 03:16 PM
Heir Presumptive

Perhaps they are waiting until two weeks after the wedding with their announcement!
I had a dream: Let's connect our thoughts together, than we have a mission, let's connect our feelings together, than we have a mood, let's connect our dreams together, than we have a vision and let's connect our mission, our mood and our vision together than we have a perfect life.
Old 05-23-2013, 03:48 PM
Heir Presumptive

Quote:
Originally Posted by principessa View Post
Perhaps they are waiting until two weeks after the wedding with their announcement!
The picture is very telling indeed. And I'm anticipating an announcement after the wedding as well. Although, to be honest, I'm not a huge Sofia fan. But then again I wasn't a fan of Marie of Denmark either and she has proven me wrong. Hopefully I will be off about Sofia too.
Old 05-23-2013, 04:59 PM
Courtier

Quote:
Originally Posted by principessa View Post
I don't think so. I think they're waiting until after all the wedding tohuwabohu calms down, which means, if there will come an engagement anouncement it won't be until after the summer holidays (mid to end august). Right after the wedding would be an idiotic moment in my eyes, because it would seem desperate. And I don't think they're so desperate to marry.

I'm a firm supporter of fair chance's.
Use your chance, Sofia. You're doing a fine job so far.
Old 05-23-2013, 05:04 PM
Heir Apparent

I do hope they announce an engagement, if that is really what the couple want, if for no other reason than to read all the inevitable posts of moral outrage from those who believe her to be an unsuitable match for a royal prince. Some of the posts so far have been quite amusing.

Tags
prince carl philip