The Royal Forums Coat of Arms

Go Back   The Royal Forums > Reigning Houses > Royal House of Sweden > Current Events Archive

Join The Royal Forums Today
Closed Thread

Old 03-29-2013, 12:49 PM
Majesty

I guess what's really important is that Prince Carl Philip seem to be really happy with Sofia Hellqvist and Sofia seems to be really happy with Prince Carl Philip. That is what matters and what counts.

Old 03-29-2013, 12:55 PM
Heir Presumptive

Quote:
Originally Posted by Dman View Post
I guess what's really important is that Prince Carl Philip seem to be really happy with Sofia Hellqvist and Sofia seems to be really happy with Prince Carl Philip. That is what matters and what counts.
Here I agree, that what matters in any couple otherwise, it's reciprocal love. Their engagement won't be surprise to anybody.

Old 03-29-2013, 01:47 PM
Heir Apparent

The same old circular arguement. Why not give it a rest until they get an engaged and we see what the reaction in Sweden is.
Old 03-29-2013, 02:04 PM
Royal Highness

Quote:
Originally Posted by nascarlucy View Post
That's very true. In some cases mother isn't always right. Some celeb moms and others act more like their friend or big sister than their parent. Because of this, their children have often run into problems because of this. Not good.

In the case of Sofia, what is done has been done and you can't change the past.
That is certainly true & I also agree with NGalitzine on this:The same old circular arguement. Why not give it a rest until they get an engaged and we see what the reaction in Sweden is!

So we should all relax & see how this story is going to unfold ...
For all the Sofia-supporters: You can start with preparing celebratory wedding accessoires: Everything with the Swedish flag (yellow/blue) and the couple´s pictures on it will be needed...porcellain,stickers,fan-shirts etc.
. Helen Keller
Old 03-30-2013, 02:16 AM
Heir Presumptive

Quote:
Originally Posted by CrownPrincess5 View Post

I also like Khloe and Kourtney, but nobody was talking about them. I think I made a reference to Kim. But you completely left Kim out because we both know Sofia is not leaps and bounds, as you say, above her. Sofia likes fame and the nude pics were part of the journey towards it. Why you people gloss over the fact I'll never know.

Overall, if Carl Philip wants to be with Sofia then fine, but she shouldn't be given the Princess title. Not that my opinion matters, but that's just how I feel.
Kim is a savvy business women as well who has done much more than make a sex tape that was unfortunately released. When Sofia spends millions on a wedding just to get divorced 3mos later then you can start comparing her to Kim. Whether Sofia likes fame or not is the business of Carl Philip. Either he knows about it and doesn't care, or she has grown beyond her younger antics. Just like I hope they get married I also hope she is made a Princess just to piss off those who think they can dictate what Carl Philip and his family do.
Jaqueline Bouvier Kennedy, September 12, 1953
Countess Stephanie of Belgium October 20, 2012
Old 03-30-2013, 05:54 AM
Royal Highness

Apart from her clothes and her business sense I don´t understand why girls are so crazy for the Kardashians,but hey-I cannot understand everything and some ppl might wonder about my idols as well;-)
I don´t think that Kim´s tape was "unfortunately" released, such kind of ppl do it on purpose and later pretend that they didn´t want it.For Paris Hilton ist was the starting point of her career. Again,I would never ever compare Sofia to any of the Kardashians or to Paris Hilton,we should treat them in a different thread.
. Helen Keller
Old 03-30-2013, 06:06 AM
Nobility

Quote:
Yes, if they go private; as it is, CP and his wife will probably want to represent Sweden ... that's the point of our discussion.

He can marry whom ever he wants; but if he marries her and the Swedish people are not prepared to put up with an erotic model for representation, he could be a nail in the coffin of the Bernadottes as RF of Sweden...

And trust me - CG and Silvia are very much aware; in my mind, the are playing the time-game, and hoping by withholding their consent, to get her out of the picture. Maybe they like her or not ... who knows?
Old 03-30-2013, 06:28 AM
Majesty

Is the Royal Family really that worried about the Monarchy if Prince Carl Philip marries Sofia? Or is it that some folks on this board are the ones worried about the future of the Swedish Monarchy, if a marriage takes place?
Old 03-30-2013, 06:38 AM
Nobility

Time will tell, Dman
Old 03-30-2013, 06:47 AM
Royal Highness

Quote:
Is the Royal Family really that worried about the Monarchy if Prince Carl Philip marries Sofia? Or is it that some folks on this board are the ones worried about the future of the Swedish Monarchy, if a marriage takes place?
Well,CG scandals have quite shaken the monarchy! Also,shortly before Victoria married, one of the big political parties of Sweden printed a picture of her and a woman in burka and wrote "one of these women needs to ask her father for a permission to marry" (meaning Victoria)....As today,I don´t see any reason why the Royal family should be in trouble-most people look up at Silvia and Victoria in admiration and grew very fond of Daniel and Estelle.IMO-The ladies saved the monarchy-S&V are the most popular members of the Bernadottes!Estelle is of course the big star now,as a cute baby you always win the sympathies
. Helen Keller
Old 03-30-2013, 06:57 AM
Majesty

Don't know if Carl Philip and Sofia will take that next step but if they do, the Swedish Monarchy won't be in any trouble. The Monarchy will continue on and people's attention will turn to the wedding coverage. Engagement interview, official engagements, appearances, etc. Life goes on.
Old 03-30-2013, 04:38 PM
Courtier

CP is now 3rd in line to the thrown. If Victoria has another baby he will drop down. The chances of him getting to the throne are slim and getting slimmer. Let him find love.
Old 03-30-2013, 08:00 PM
Heir Presumptive

Quote:
Originally Posted by XeniaCasaraghi View Post

Kim is a savvy business women as well who has done much more than make a sex tape that was unfortunately released. When Sofia spends millions on a wedding just to get divorced 3mos later then you can start comparing her to Kim. Whether Sofia likes fame or not is the business of Carl Philip. Either he knows about it and doesn't care, or she has grown beyond her younger antics. Just like I hope they get married I also hope she is made a Princess just to piss off those who think they can dictate what Carl Philip and his family do.
You hope they get married to piss off people who think they can dictate Carl Phillips life?? You really need to calm down cause no one on this thread thinks they can dictate someone's life who they've never met. We're all just having a conversation...Not dictating.
Old 04-03-2013, 07:59 PM
Serene Highness

Quote:
Originally Posted by Grandma828 View Post
CP is now 3rd in line to the thrown. If Victoria has another baby he will drop down. The chances of him getting to the throne are slim and getting slimmer. Let him find love.
But it will take at least 17 years before Victoria's children will be able to represent Sweden, until then Carl Philip and Madeleine and their spouses will have to do.
Old 04-07-2013, 05:52 AM
Imperial Majesty

An article about Sofia's family in Expressen, they haven't published the article in the web version yet.
https://pbs.twimg.com/media/BHO64JXCQAEZf1O.jpg:large

The king and the queen haven't met Sofia's family yet. They didn't meet the Westlings either when Victoria and Daniel were dating. Eva O'Neill they have met already before Madeleine and Chris were engaged.
Old 04-11-2013, 11:29 AM
Imperial Majesty

Sofia and Carl Philip spent the Easter in Langa, the Project Playground's Play on Wheels had it's One Year Birthday Party on the 30th March.
http://www.project-playground.org/en...4/IMG_0393.jpg
You can see Carl Philip at the background in this photo
http://www.project-playground.org/en...4/IMG_0396.jpg
Old 04-26-2013, 05:12 AM
Imperial Majesty

Sofia Hellqvist with sister Lina yesterday in Gothenburg promoting Project Playground.
Sofia Hellqvist pratade välgörenhet med Glenn Hysén Svensk Damtidning
Translation

The event was organized by Project Playground's partner Turkish Airlines.
http://distilleryimage6.s3.amazonaws...0a1fcea7_7.jpg

Sofia promoting the PP bracelet
Carl Philipin tyttöystävä tekee hyväntekeväisyystyötä Project Playgroundissa Lehtikuva lehtikuva.fi
Old 04-26-2013, 05:25 AM
Administrator
Royal Blogger, TRF Author

Although Sofia is certainly not the first or worst with these charity balls/dinners, I always found the concept of throwing a party to save the poor/sick rather cynic. I am sure that these functions make a lot of money and are thus useful, but I just find it in bad taste.
Old 04-26-2013, 05:44 AM
Imperial Majesty

Violinist Linda Lampenius tells at her blog, that she will play at a charity event for Project Playground today.
Project Playground | Linda Lampenius

it's this event:
International Women's Club of Stockholm (Founded 1961. Patron: H.R.H. Princess Lilian, Duchess of Halland, 1961-2013)
April 26, 2013, Clarion Hotel Stockholm - We request the pleasure of your company along with your guest and friends for this Celebration Benefit Dinner, an IWC fundraiser for Project Playground. Enjoy a wonderful evening hosted by Agneta Sjödin with exciting entertainment by Linda Lampenius, Daniel Lindström, Stephen Simmonds and Zwai Mbula. As well as, an authentic South African dinner experience. And support the work and spirit of Project Playground.
IWC SE - Philanthropic Work
Old 04-27-2013, 01:09 PM
Imperial Majesty

Sofia on Friday at the The Celebration Benefit Dinner at Hotel Clarion in Stockholm, a bad quality photo from Project Playground Instagram.
http://distilleryimage1.s3.amazonaws...0a1fbc68_7.jpg
Sofia yesterday with the host of the evening, Agneta Sjödin. Photo from Sjödin's Facebook.
https://fbcdn-sphotos-a-a.akamaihd.n...07828824_n.jpg

Tags
prince carl philip