The Royal Forums Coat of Arms

Go Back   The Royal Forums > Reigning Houses > Royal House of Sweden > Current Events Archive

Join The Royal Forums Today
Closed Thread

Old 03-17-2013, 09:44 PM
Heir Presumptive

Quote:
Originally Posted by Meraude View Post
In the Swedish gossip magazines an engagement of Carl Philip and Sofia would be much more interesting to gossip about than the wedding of Madeleine and Chris, as the relationship between Carl Philip and Sofia is more "juicy" and it's easier for the magazines to get photos of them as they live in Sweden. A Sofia in a tiara at the front row at Madeleine's wedding would be a dream come true for the gossip mags, as they love to speculate about a rivalry between Madeleine and Sofia.
Thanks, Meraude. I get it now.

Old 03-17-2013, 09:55 PM
Nobility

Quote:
Originally Posted by Dman View Post
In this second photo, she's seated with the family:
http://media.shootitlive.com/TiUU2LO...=expressen/892

I think she was moved from the other guest and was seated with the family. In the first picture, she's seated with the other guest at the funeral.
how do you know these people are family? In the list of funeral participants (thank you!), poor ....(I have already forgotten her name) was recognized as an 'other' along with the florist and princess lilian's hairdresser. Seriously annoying, if I were Prince Carl Phillip, so that the next few weeks will be interesting indeed. In a similar case with Prince Charles and Camilla, the two were engaged within the month. Really, seating is everything and I somehow doubt that the Bernadotte's have opened ranks here

Old 03-17-2013, 10:04 PM
Royal Highness

Quote:
Originally Posted by gerry View Post

Seriously annoying, if I were Prince Carl Phillip, so that the next few weeks will be interesting indeed. In a similar case with Prince Charles and Camilla, the two were engaged within the month. Really, seating is everything and I somehow doubt that the Bernadotte's have opened ranks here
Please elaborate, as I would like to understand what you are trying to say in regards to ""other" and seating. Thanks.
Old 03-17-2013, 10:11 PM
Serene Highness

Quote:
Originally Posted by gerry View Post
how do you know these people are family?
The lady in front of Sofia is the countess Marianne Bernadotte af Wisborg, the sister-in-law of princess Lilian, who was seated in the second row together with the king's sisters. I do not know who the two persons seated beside Sofia are, but when leaving the church Sofia walked out together with the Magnusson brothers.
Quote:
Originally Posted by USCtrojan View Post
Please elaborate, as I would like to understand what you are trying to say in regards to ""other" and seating. Thanks.
Sofia is listed as Fröken Sofia Hellqvist in the end of the list of guests at the funeral of princess Lilian, among "Other guests", http://www.kungahuset.se/download/18...+mars+2013.pdf , after the members of the royal family, representatives for the official Sweden, and personal friends of the princess.
Old 03-17-2013, 10:12 PM
Majesty

In the second photo here:
MYROYALS &HOLLYWOOD FASH

You can see Sofia sitting in the third row. She's right behind the royal family. I was actually surprised to see her sitting there because I thought she was be with the other guest.

I think her close presence at the funeral was very significant and I think an announcement is now in the cards.
Old 03-17-2013, 11:32 PM
Heir Presumptive

Quote:
Originally Posted by Dman View Post
In this second photo, she's seated with the family:

I think she was moved from the other guest and was seated with the family. In the first picture, she's seated with the other guest at the funeral.
the first photo is from when the guests are waiting to be able to proceed to their seats. The woman in front of her is Bettina Bernadotte and she was seated with the extended family as well.
Old 03-18-2013, 12:25 AM
Imperial Majesty

Quote:
Originally Posted by Roslyn View Post
I can't see an engagement announcement taking anything away from the wedding. As for whether or not it happens, time will tell.
I would find it very strange if the engagement would happen before the wedding of Madeleine and Chris, would the court really want all the scandalous publicity shadow the wedding? I'm quite sure that at least the foreign press would publish all the photos of Sofia they can dig out.

The woman next to Sofia is Monica Bonde, the adopted daughter of the late count Carl Johan Bernadotte, the uncle of the king. She is a journalist at Svensk Damtidning, which is a great supporter of Sofia by publishing a lot of sugary stories of her. According one forum the man beside Sofia is Fredrik Diterle, the boyfriend of Hélène Silfverschiöld, the youngest daughter of princess Désirée. He was at the guest list and Hélène sat at the same row beside Victor Magnuson, the son of princess Christina.
http://media.shootitlive.com/XDpLgmf...=expressen/892
Old 03-18-2013, 02:35 AM
Royal Highness

[QUOTE=USCtrojan;1528622]This is where I am coming from. As much as it would be nice fir her to be his official "fiancé" at the wedding in many people's eyes -it's not at all fair to Madeline and Chris and I would hope that they have the best interest of the couple at heart. They have waited this long, I think they should wait a little longer.

It's only right if you ask me -its Madeline's day and no one else's!!!![/QUOTE]

That´s right, all eyes should (and certainly will be ) on the bride and the groom!
Additionally I wanted to say that I like how Sophia has changed her attire to more elegant,princess-like robes and designs,the pillbox hat she was wearing at Lilian´s funeral reminded me of Jacqueline Kennedy who loved such hats (Carla Bruni and many other had try to emulate JK as well!)
. Helen Keller
Old 03-18-2013, 03:57 AM
Super Moderator

Quote:
The lady in front of Sofia is the countess Marianne Bernadotte af Wisborg, the sister-in-law of princess Lilian, who was seated in the second row together with the king's sisters. I do not know who the two persons seated beside Sofia are, but when leaving the church Sofia walked out together with the Magnusson brothers.
The lady next to Sofia is Monica Bonde, the adopted daughter of the late Cpunt Carl Johan Bernadotte asf Wisborg.

Royal Travel and Events

Old 03-18-2013, 08:47 AM
Courtier

At what point, are there limits?

I'm getting tired of seeing smart, hardworking women bypassed in favor of these women and are there women out there who don't have gross, tawdry pasts? Are there no women in the royal/aristocratic world good enough for CP?
Old 03-18-2013, 01:21 PM
Heir Presumptive

Quote:
Originally Posted by AristoCat View Post

I'm getting tired of seeing smart, hardworking women bypassed in favor of these women and are there women out there who don't have gross, tawdry pasts? Are there no women in the royal/aristocratic world good enough for CP?
You don't know that Sofia isn't smart and you don't know that she isn't hardworking. All you do know is that she posed for some pictures when she she was a teenager that you think are unacceptable and that she was not good at handling the media when they first started dating
She's obviously learned to dress appropriately for royal occasions and all she seems to do these days is work on her charity, so clearly she's trying to be the kind of woman Carl Philip can marry

None of that really matters though. What matters is that she is the woman he wants to be with, not an aristocrat with a spotless background. That stuff must not matter to him.
Old 03-18-2013, 01:59 PM
Royal Highness

Quote:
Originally Posted by AristoCat View Post

How sad that you would assume that aristocracy is the only thing good enough for Carl Philip! Do t get me wrong -I am not 100% keen on Sofia and her past as I feel that one should have a past free of scandal like hers if sheiks going to be a public figure -as I am sure the Swedish public does too. However as contradictory as it might sound, there is nothing wrong with two people falling in love and marrying for love!!!!!!! Now who is to say what her intentions may or may not be - my point is this... Carl Philip like any other human being deserves to marry for love if he chooses, whether she be aristocracy or not!
Old 03-18-2013, 02:49 PM
Serene Highness

Quote:
Originally Posted by USCtrojan View Post
my point is this... Carl Philip like any other human being deserves to marry for love if he chooses, whether she be aristocracy or not!
Yes, he deserves to marry for love, but there is no reason for her to become a royal princess. If not the husband of Madeleine gets the title HRH and prince of Sweden, why should the wife of Carl Philip get the title HRH and princess of Sweden?? Equal rights and equal titles for the spouses of the younger royals, regardless of the sex of the royal partner.
Old 03-18-2013, 03:04 PM
Majesty

If it's to be, I think Sofia would become HRH The Duchess of Värmland. If I'm not mistaken.
Old 03-18-2013, 03:07 PM
Heir Presumptive

I guess that Sofia will be treated like Princess Lilian after her marriage as HRH Princess Sofia of Sweden, Duchess of Värmland.

It would be interesting for me if possible children of Carl and Sofia also be styled HRH Prince... of Sweden, Duke / Duchess of .... .
I had a dream: Let's connect our thoughts together, than we have a mission, let's connect our feelings together, than we have a mood, let's connect our dreams together, than we have a vision and let's connect our mission, our mood and our vision together than we have a perfect life.
Old 03-18-2013, 03:52 PM
Royal Highness

Quote:
Yes, he deserves to marry for love, but there is no reason for her to become a royal princess. If not the husband of Madeleine gets the title HRH and prince of Sweden, why should the wife of Carl Philip get the title HRH and princess of Sweden?? Equal rights and equal titles for the spouses of the younger royals, regardless of the sex of the royal partner.
I will agree with you here! They can marry fir love, of course, let them do so.

I was not saying she needed to be a princess or a HRH -fairly certain that will happen, however! :(
Old 03-18-2013, 04:02 PM
Heir Presumptive

Quote:
I agree that they should be equal but Madeleine is also choosing not to live in Sweden or take on many royal duties. If Carl Philip and Sofia are going to remain in Sweden and support Victoria and Daniel, it makes sense for them to retain titles.
Old 03-18-2013, 05:21 PM
Commoner

I so much hope this marriage will not happen.

It seems like CP might very well get a "right-hand" role for Victoria in the future - which means he probably will keep his title upon marrying a commoner.

Just making a Google photo search on her name says everything - and it doesn't even show the topless photo of her, her nipples aroused, always used by the Danish tabloids.

I'm really not into the habit of Princess bashing at all. I just think it degrades the whole concept of modern royalty if Sofia would become a HRH.

How could dignified Silvia and Victoria approve of such a marriage...
Old 03-18-2013, 05:50 PM
Royal Highness

I just hope that this couple follow their hearts no matter what.

It frustrates me the people on this board who judge Sofia for something she did years ago. None of us know her reasons for her past modelling pictures. Is it a career I would chose? No. Does it give me the right to say judge her and say she isn't good enough for Sweden? Certainly not!

I respect her for standing by her man in the face if the rumours, gossip and the insults from press and royal watchers. It can't have been easy knowing her past and coming to meet the royal family. Her foundation also does good work.

The past is the past. How is she supposed to move on into a new chapter of her life if people keep using her past as a way to put her down.
Old 03-18-2013, 05:58 PM
Heir Apparent

Quote:
Originally Posted by crm2317 View Post
I just hope that this couple follow their hearts no matter what.

It frustrates me the people on this board who judge Sofia for something she did years ago. None of us know her reasons for her past modelling pictures. Is it a career I would chose? No. Does it give me the right to say judge her and say she isn't good enough for Sweden? Certainly not!

I respect her for standing by her man in the face if the rumours, gossip and the insults from press and royal watchers. It can't have been easy knowing her past and coming to meet the royal family. Her foundation also does good work.

The past is the past. How is she supposed to move on into a new chapter of her life if people keep using her past as a way to put her down.
Well said. I agree 100%

This precious stone set in the silver sea,......
This blessed plot, this earth, this realm, this England,
Closed Thread

Tags
prince carl philip