The Royal Forums Coat of Arms

Go Back   The Royal Forums > Reigning Houses > Royal House of Sweden > Current Events Archive

Join The Royal Forums Today
Closed Thread

Old 03-09-2013, 10:43 AM
Heir Presumptive

The case of Camilla and Charles is totally irrelevant to Carl-Philip and Sofia. The reason so many concessions had to be made is because Camilla had been named as the other woman in Charles' divorce from a tremendously popular princess whose life ended in tragedy. The circumstances were extraordinary.

Sofia's case, much as people go on about it, is just not that big a deal. Posing half naked as a teenager is just not nearly as big a deal and certainly shouldn't mean shes unfit to be a member of the royal family. There's no reason on earth she shouldn't share his title if she marries him.

Also he doesn't need to be as hardworking as Charles and Haakon. Comparing the third in line to two heir apparents is hardly fair. Carl Philip will not be very important to the royal family once his sister has more children, and she ascends the throne. The future of the family does not lie with him.

Old 03-09-2013, 11:47 AM
Majesty

I think Prince Carl Philip do a pretty good job as a working royal member of the royal family. He have his passion for racing but he also help out his parents a lot.

I too don't think Sofia's past photos is all that serious. I don't think Carl Philip is forcing anyone to liking Sofia, not even his family. I think his family has been given the chance to know her on a personal level and most likely like her for who she is and how much she make Carl Philip happy but not judging her.

Old 03-09-2013, 12:47 PM
Majesty

Quote:
Originally Posted by LadyFinn View Post
Sofia's Project Playground had it's annual charity dinner and auction in Borås yesterday evening.
Sofia and the rest of PP ready for dinner, photo from PP Twitter
https://pbs.twimg.com/media/BE2uJvRCEAALKdG.jpg:large
Sofia with comedian Hasse Brontén, who worked as an auctioneer. They raised over one million SEK during the evening. Photo from Brontén's Instagram.
Photo by hassebronten • Instagram
That's fantastic they were able to raise some money for Project Playground. They seem to work very hard for this charity.
Old 03-09-2013, 01:20 PM
Imperial Majesty

Sofia and Carl Philip in Borås yesterday
http://imageshack.us/a/img515/4729/sof0.jpg

From Borås Tidning
On Friday evening a million SEK was collected to the organization "Project Playground" at a charity auction at the Grand Hotel in Borås.

Behind the event was founder of Nelly, Jarno Vanhatapio, he arranged this charity auction for the second year in row.
- The existence of this power and the will to help in Borås, it's really cool. Last year we pulled more than 600 000 SEK, this year it was a million. It is absolutely crazy for a city like Borås, says Jarno Vanhatapio who is very involved in the project.

At the Grand in Borås was, in addition to a variety of industry leaders, founder Sofia Hellqvist, who also had Prince Carl Philip as her support.
In total about 90 guests were treated to a three course dinner and were entertained with songs of Shirley Clamp and humor of stand-up comedian Hasse Bronten.
- I along with Henry Reinert and shipping group Stena stood for dinner, so all money collected in full go to Project Playground, says Vanhatapio.
27 items were auctioned off, including autographed match jerseys and shoes from Zlatan Ibrahimovic, Lionel Messi and Cristiano Ronaldo.
- Then there was paintings and travels as well. It was a fantastic evening, said Jarno Vanhatapio.
Kunglig glans på gala i Borås

The whole gallery
Se bilder från välgörenhetsauktionen på First Hotel Grand! Foto: Tobias Guldstrand
Old 03-09-2013, 01:41 PM
Majesty

Quote:
Sofia and Carl Philip in Borås yesterday
http://imageshack.us/a/img515/4729/sof0.jpg

From Borås Tidning
On Friday evening a million SEK was collected to the organization "Project Playground" at a charity auction at the Grand Hotel in Borås.

Behind the event was founder of Nelly, Jarno Vanhatapio, he arranged this charity auction for the second year in row.
- The existence of this power and the will to help in Borås, it's really cool, he says. Last year we pulled more than 600 000 SEK, this year it was a million. It is absolutely crazy for a city like Borås, says Jarno Vanhatapio who is very involved in the project.

At the Grand in Borås was, in addition to a variety of industry leaders, founder Sofia Hellqvist, who also had Prince Carl Philip as her support.
In total about 90 guests were treated to a three course dinner and were entertained with songs of Shirley Clamp and humor of stand-up comedian Hasse Bronten.
- I along with Henry Reinert and shipping group Stena stood for dinner, so all money collected in full go to Project Playground, says Vanhatapio.
27 items were auctioned off, including autographed match jerseys and shoes from Zlatan Ibrahimovic, Lionel Messi and Cristiano Ronaldo.
- Then there was paintings and travels as well. It was a fantastic evening, said Jarno Vanhatapio.
Kunglig glans på gala i Borås

The whole gallery
Se bilder från välgörenhetsauktionen på First Hotel Grand! Foto: Tobias Guldstrand
Very nice picture of Sofia & Carl Philip. Looks like it was a beautiful evening and a great benefit for Project Playground.
Old 03-09-2013, 02:30 PM
Serene Highness

Quote:
Originally Posted by HRHHermione View Post
Also he doesn't need to be as hardworking as Charles and Haakon. Comparing the third in line to two heir apparents is hardly fair. Carl Phillip will not be very important to the royal family once his sister has more children, and she ascends the throne. The future of the family does not lie with him.
In Sweden Carl Philip will always be compared to his grand-uncle prince Bertil when it comes to how much work he does for Sweden, when it comes to helping Swedish companies abroad, to make them noticed and able to sell their products. Prince Bertil was hard-working and did a lot of promotion for Sweden and worked with the Swedish Chamber of commerce. Carl Philip haven't done much of that kind of work, even if he has taken over some of prince Bertil's commitments, it's been things like preside over some boule tournaments and give the award to the "Chef of the Year", not very substantial events for Sweden.

As for being the third in line to the throne, well, I can't see Estelle starting to represent Sweden abroad in the next 17 years, so until she (and her future siblings) are old enough, Carl Philip should be doing his share of representation, and I don't mean royal weddings and such events, but things similar to what prince Bertil was doing, if he wants to remain a royal prince.
Quote:
Originally Posted by Dman View Post
I think Prince Carl Philip do a pretty good job as a working royal member of the royal family. He have his passion for racing but he also help out his parents a lot.
He may help his parents, which is nice, but he doesn't do much for Sweden at large. Nor does he seem to be working 8 to 5, Monday to Friday with something that has to do with either of the two university educations he has, that he haven't had to pay any tuition fees for, fees paid by the Swedish tax-payers.

To me two of the duties of the royal family should be to give their country good publicity abroad and to help the industry to sell Swedish goods, if they don't manage or want to do that, then Sweden can as well become a republic.
Old 03-10-2013, 05:31 PM
Imperial Majesty

Carl Philip and Sofia at the dinner and auction on Friday, Carl Philip tried to get the people to raise their bids.
http://www.annalundberg.se/wp-conten...310-103322.jpg
http://www.annalundberg.se/wp-conten...310-103518.jpg
Old 03-10-2013, 05:39 PM
Majesty

Quote:
Carl Philip and Sofia at the dinner and auction on Friday, Carl Philip tried to get the people to raise their bids.
http://www.annalundberg.se/wp-conten...310-103322.jpg
http://www.annalundberg.se/wp-conten...310-103518.jpg
The last picture is rather nice.
Old 03-16-2013, 04:40 PM
Majesty
TRF Author

http://media.shootitlive.com/RgNHQFl...=expressen/892
http://media.shootitlive.com/TiUU2LO...=expressen/892

Sofia at Princess Lillian's funeral. She's not seated with the first family but not far behind either. IMO there will be an engagement soon.
Old 03-16-2013, 04:53 PM
Heir Presumptive

Quote:
Originally Posted by Duke of Marmalade View Post
http://media.shootitlive.com/RgNHQFl...=expressen/892

Sofia at Princess Lillian's funeral. She's not seated with the first family but not far behind either. IMO there will be an engagement soon.
She looks very appropriate and dignified, and yes, she does seem to be included in lots of family stuff these days.
Old 03-16-2013, 04:55 PM
Heir Presumptive

If there will be an engagement then not before the wedding of Madeleine!
I had a dream: Let's connect our thoughts together, than we have a mission, let's connect our feelings together, than we have a mood, let's connect our dreams together, than we have a vision and let's connect our mission, our mood and our vision together than we have a perfect life.
Old 03-16-2013, 06:11 PM
Aristocracy

There could be definitely be an engagement before Madeleine and Chris's wedding next June.
Madeleine's first engagement (to Jonas Bergström) was announced in August 2009, and back then Victoria and Daniel were already engaged but not married yet.
Carl Philip and Sofia could do the same thing...
Old 03-17-2013, 05:55 PM
Heir Presumptive

I just couldn't get over the hat and hairdo. It reminded me of when Carla Bruni met QU E II and wore what looked to be a nun's habit.
Old 03-17-2013, 06:02 PM
Majesty

In this second photo, she's seated with the family:

I think she was moved from the other guest and was seated with the family. In the first picture, she's seated with the other guest at the funeral.
Old 03-17-2013, 08:00 PM
Heir Presumptive

I really think there will be an engagement soon. It is a honour to have been situated like that !
Old 03-17-2013, 08:12 PM
Heir Presumptive

If there is to be an engagement, it would be nice for it to be announced before Madeleine's wedding, so she can go as her fiancee's partner and be involved at that level, not just as an ordinary guest.
Old 03-17-2013, 08:15 PM
Royal Highness

Quote:
Originally Posted by Roslyn View Post
If there is to be an engagement, it would be nice for it to be announced before Madeleine's wedding, so she can go as her fiancee's partner and be involved at that level, not just as an ordinary guest.
Agreed, as it would only be fair to her! At the same time however, it might not be fair to Madeline and Chris as an engagement announcement within eight weeks of their wedding will take away from it. Just my two sense.
Old 03-17-2013, 08:21 PM
Heir Presumptive

I can't see an engagement announcement taking anything away from the wedding. As for whether or not it happens, time will tell.
Old 03-17-2013, 09:33 PM
Serene Highness

Quote:
Originally Posted by Roslyn View Post
I can't see an engagement announcement taking anything away from the wedding.
In the Swedish gossip magazines an engagement of Carl Philip and Sofia would be much more interesting to gossip about than the wedding of Madeleine and Chris, as the relationship between Carl Philip and Sofia is more "juicy" and it's easier for the magazines to get photos of them as they live in Sweden. A Sofia in a tiara at the front row at Madeleine's wedding would be a dream come true for the gossip mags, as they love to speculate about a rivalry between Madeleine and Sofia.
Old 03-17-2013, 09:36 PM
Royal Highness

Quote:
Originally Posted by Meraude View Post
In the Swedish gossip magazines an engagement of Carl Philip and Sofia would be much more interesting to gossip about than the wedding of Madeleine and Chris, as the relationship between Carl Philip and Sofia is more "juicy" and it's easier for the magazines to get photos of them as they live in Sweden. A Sofia in a tiara at the front row at Madeleine's wedding would be a dream come true for the gossip mags.
This is where I am coming from. As much as it would be nice fir her to be his official "fiancé" at the wedding in many people's eyes -it's not at all fair to Madeline and Chris and I would hope that they have the best interest of the couple at heart. They have waited this long, I think they should wait a little longer.

It's only right if you ask me -its Madeline's day and no one else's!!!!

Tags
prince carl philip