Press Reports about Carl Philip and Sofia Hellqvist, Part 2: April 2012 - June 2014

If you have answers, please help by responding to the unanswered posts.
Status
Not open for further replies.
Finnish MTV3 quotes the article of Expresssen:
The organizers have confirmed that Sofia Hellqvist will not attend at Victoria's official 36th birthday celebration in Borgholm on Sunday.
The arranger of the concert, Kay Wiestål, says that Sofia will not attend at the official celebration, the concert, which is shown on TV, later she will surely attend at the private celebration at the Solliden Palace.
Ulrika Näsholm from the court press department says that Sofia is not invited.
According to Expressen Sofia will be at the Solliden Palace and she can watch the concert from TV.
Kay Wiestål says that only the court can comment on this, but he sees that it is due to the tradition and the royal etiquette. He reminds, that with Daniel it was the same before the engagement, he didn't attend at the official concert.
Sofia ei pääse Victorian juhliin – odottaa yksin linnassa - Uutiset - Viihde - MTV3.fi

Thank you, LadyFinn. :flowers: Seems to be perfectly reasonable and just SOP. Sofia will be at the Palace with the family, just not at the official event. If Daniel didn't go before the engagement, no wonder Sofia won't.

Thank you, LadyFinn. :flowers: Seems to be perfectly reasonable and just SOP. Sofia will be at the Palace with the family, just not at the official event. If Daniel didn't go before the engagement, no wonder Sofia won't.
You are very right !

Sofia Hellqvist is in Gothenburg with the Project Playground Football Club Team B15, they are playing at the Gothia Cup tournament. They won their first match yesterday and lost the other today.
Here's Sofia and her sister Lina with their biggest supporters
https://pbs.twimg.com/media/BPUPl8PCQAIq8wC.jpg:large
Sofia and their intern Hanna with some woman
https://pbs.twimg.com/media/BPUQWSkCMAA2JQA.jpg:large

Carl Philip and Sofia have moved to another apartment at the same house where they have been living in Djurgården. At the paper the owner is the National Property Board of Sweden, but the taxes are payed by The Royal Djurgården Administration, which takes care of the houses in Djurgården and the Haga and Ulriksdal Palace.
Why the couple has moved is not known, the court hasn't got more information about that and Annika Jeppson from the court press department said: If they are moving so they are moving.
Carl Philip och Sofia flyttar – i samma hus Nyheter Aftonbladet

Carl Philip och Sofia flyttar Svensk Damtidning
Translation

Last edited:
Carl Philip was with Sofia supporting the Project Playground FC yesterday in Gothia Cup in Gothenburg. The PP B15 team got to playoffs in their class but they lost and their games ended. Photos from Borås Tidning.
http://media.shootitlive.com/Ts3xM8HQQ0h299z2nx2m4TcjOqg/1200.jpg?project_id=borastidning/262
http://media.shootitlive.com/4HmvFSLUyJMnpeKQWd6zFLdQPaQ/1200.jpg?project_id=borastidning/262
http://media.shootitlive.com/B8nTcJEro5AbN9GD1fbPcITC2ry/1200.jpg?project_id=borastidning/262

Last edited:
Always good to see them supporting Project Playground.

At the "Vimmelprinsessans blogg" in Svensk Damtidning Anna von Koch tells:
One of my informers overheard a discussion between Sofia Hellqvist and a curious lady in Åhlens (a department store) in Norrköping in the spring.
When the lady realized that it was Sofia before her in the queue, she began to question her. She wondered how Chris really was and Sofia replied that Chris was so nice and he and Madeleine were so in love. The lady even wondered if it was time for Sofia and Carl Philip to proceed to the altar and Sofia replied patiently that they first would focus on Chris' and Madeleine's wedding but eventually ...
Sofia was very sweet and patient with the inquisitive lady.
Sofia om Chris och Madde… Vimmelprinsessan
Translation

I find it very odd that "the future princess" is babbling about the Royal Family to an unknown woman at a store...

Well,the tabloids make up 98% of their articles and often fabricate stories, we do not know if the tale with the woman in the department store is true or not.

Svensk Damtidning is the only magazine in Sweden, which praises and promotes Sofia almost in their every issue, so I doubt that they would write about this if it wasn't true.

Sofia in Istanbul to turkish magazine (with Google translation, so this isn't accurate, perhaps some of our turkish members could translate this)
Hellqvist answered questions after the match, on her second visit to Turkey. "Turkish Airlines and Turkey are very welcoming and friendly to everyone. Istanbul is a very charming place. I would like to bring my fiancé, Carl Philip here," she said. Hellqvist, who has been Prince Carl Philip of Sweden's live-in-partner since 2011, declined to answer the question about marrying him: "I can not talk about these issues without permission from them. The only thing I can say is, he is my eternal love".
Sofia Hellqvist 23 Temmuz 2013 / 4 - Magazin Foto Galeri

Last edited:
OMG,if she really talked to Svensk Damtidning it does not really serve her well,all the other people who married into royal families did not talk to the press and kept a low profile before the wedding.

If true, she didn't say anything too revealing at all. She complimented Turkey's Airlines and Turkey and then didn't comment about her personal life. Good for Sofia.

If true, she didn't say anything too revealing at all. She complimented Turkey's Airlines and Turkey and then didn't comment about her personal life. Good for Sofia.

I think she was too revealing, if that was what she really said. Since there was not a formal engagement yet, her saying "my fiancé" is, in fact, commenting on her private life a little too much.

I think the article was translated in saying "fiancé" but I think she may have said boyfriend. Again, she didn't say anything she wasn't suppose to say. She was kind and gracious.

My fiancé... That Is too revealing when you are supposed to keep it under the covers so to speak! She should be professional and respectful just like everyone else and leave it quiet until it is official. Happy or not, that is for the court to decide and announce! The court needs to approve of this courtship before they can officially be finances and represent the family. Victoria and Daniel had to do it, and so did Chris and Madeline! Both of these couples were also low key and kept any possible engagement quiet and undetected until announced as it should be!

I think the article was translated in saying "fiancé" but I think she may have said boyfriend. Again, she didn't say anything she wasn't suppose to say. She was kind and gracious.

Yes, Google translation was the first thing I thought of. "Fiance" does not necessarily mean the same thing in one language as it does in English.

(Graciously) babbling about her royal boyfriend and his family. I do not recall any other royal girl/boyfriend doing that*, they usually evade the press like the plague. But somehow for Sofia the Swedish court has different rules, though I suppose that such an attitude to the press would still set all the alarm bells of in most other courts (and quite rightly so). But she needed and uses this charity to polish up her reputation and the only reason why the press pays attention to the charity is due to her royal boyfriend, so she is stuck in a self created limbo. Anyway, I wish they would get engaged and get the thing over with, perhaps all this babbling will be less irritating when she is actually married. The prince has made a mockery of himself and of his family IMHO.

* except Marie Chevallier who talked to Point de Vue once.

Last edited:
(Graciously) babbling about her royal boyfriend and his family. I do not recall any other royal girl/boyfriend doing that*, they usually evade the press like the plague. But somehow for Sofia the Swedish court has different rules, though I suppose that such an attitude to the press would still set all the alarm bells of in most other courts (and quite rightly so). But she needed and uses this charity to polish up her reputation and the only reason why the press pays attention to the charity is due to her royal boyfriend, so she is stuck in a self created limbo. Anyway, I wish they would get engaged and get the thing over with, perhaps all this babbling will be less irritating when she is actually married. The prince has made a mockery of himself and of his family IMHO.

Well said, Marengo! Couldn't agree more!

Last edited:

I completely agree,while Sophia did not say anything indecent,the whole matter does not let her appear very sophisticated and regal. Personally I prefer people who are understated and do not make such a fuss about their personal life,talk about themselves all the time etc.
In this regard I am particularly fond of Prince Daniel´s behaviour and very noble manners, he never talked to the press even when they were writing nasty articles about him before the engagement.

While we do not know Sophia´s exact words (due to the translation and artistic freedom of writers), she would be better off by not talking to the press at all. If she feels like telling the public her side of the story, it would be better to release a formal statement.

I think Sofia wants people to believe that her position is stronger within the family than it actually is. Will they marry? I don't know. If they don't, its because CP doesnt want to. I can easily imagine that. He's his father's son. Maybe he wants to enjoy life with a woman, race his cars, do what he wants, without the necessity (that's the difference to CG's life as heir) to committ and find a woman with princess material.
CP can still marry and have children when he's 50 or even older, and not everybody wants a family of his own, his sisters will provide him with some nephews & nieces, maybe that's enough for him and he can keep his freedom.

I think Sofia wants people to believe that her position is stronger within the family than it actually is. Will they marry? I don't know. If they don't, its because CP doesnt want to. I can easily imagine that. He's his father's son. Maybe he wants to enjoy life with a woman, race his cars, do what he wants, without the necessity (that's the difference to CG's life as heir) to committ and find a woman with princess material.
CP can still marry and have children when he's 50 or even older, and not everybody wants a family of his own, his sisters will provide him with some nephews & nieces, maybe that's enough for him and he can keep his freedom.

Hi, DOM,
whereas I agree on your Point, that he only needs to marry when HE wants :whistling:.... I do not agree that he is behaving like his father prior to his wedding: while the King had dozens of girlfriends and short relationships, Carl Philipp only had 2 and both of them were/are long-term ones. Nevertheless I think it is wise to "check out the relationship" in-depth PRIOR to a wedding. A divorce is always the worst thing, worse than waiting waiting waiting.
Bye Bine

I think you guys are overreacting to her nice short words. Then again, I guess that's what happens when people talk about Sofia.

Very nice pictures of the couple with their dog.

Sophia needs to keep her head down and her mouth shut. If she truly loves CP and wants to be a part of his family, that's what she will do. No talking to the press or just about anyone else for that matter about her "fiancé". Take notes from Prince Daniel & Chris.

Sadly it seems that the Swedish RF of today does not mind her babbling to the press, otherwise they would have stopped it by now. Their PR department is notoriously bad so perhaps perhaps mr. Tennert had something to do with this too. The quotes are usually of an air headedness and shallowness that is mind boggling too: the we-are-so-in-love lines we usually get from D-listers. Now such talks can perhaps be entertaining if it comes from participants of Geordie Shore, but she isn't one of them. She may become a princess of Sweden, representing a country! I am quite sure that at most other courts any partner that so openly flaunts her royal connections and uses them to gain fame would be a persona non grata ASAP.

Dman said:
I think you guys are overreacting to her nice short words. Then again, I guess that's what happens when people talk about Sofia.

In what way are we overreacting? Most posters say they prefer her to be quiet and stop babbling to the gossip press, as practically ALL other royal partners have done in the past. Many/most royals don't even talk to the press after the wedding. Perhaps her starting an education instead of (ab)using a charity to white wash her image would have been preferable to most too. Instead of over reacting I find that this is just common sense and stating the obvious.

DukeofMarmelade said:

That was my hope too,but since she posed in a group picture for Madeleine's wedding banns I consider the engagement a done deal. Unless this was another one of Mr. Tennert's brilliant strategies.

Last edited:
Status
Not open for further replies.
Back
Top Bottom