The Royal Forums Coat of Arms

Go Back   The Royal Forums > Reigning Houses > Royal House of Sweden > Current Events Archive

Join The Royal Forums Today
Closed Thread

Old 05-10-2012, 09:24 AM
Courtier

Apart from the charity that Sofia is involved with, what does she actually do. ? Work-wise, that is.

Old 05-10-2012, 02:15 PM
Imperial Majesty

Quote:
Originally Posted by Breffney View Post
Apart from the charity that Sofia is involved with, what does she actually do. ? Work-wise, that is.
As far as I know, she started a yoga-clothing business "Drop of Mindfulness". I don't know if she is still involved in it.

A photo of Sofia at the blogpost from today at the website of Project Playground. However, we can't know when the photo has been taken.
But while looking at Sofia's hair, it looks more brown than black, so I think that the photo has been taken recently.
http://www.project-playground.org/en/wp-content/uploads/2012/05/IMG_0226.jpg
The blog post
Enhance Positivity : Project Playground

Old 05-10-2012, 02:31 PM
Majesty
TRF Author

Quote:
Originally Posted by principessa View Post
What do you think about a double engagement of Carl Philip and Sofia and Madeleine and Chris?
Lord, have mercy! That would be too much to take.

The SRF spin will have to do overtime for each partner separately, they couldnt cope with both at the same time.

I dont think Swedes have warmed to Chris in any way and I doubt that many people buy Sofia's whitewash.
Old 05-10-2012, 02:34 PM
Heir Presumptive
Royal Blogger

In addition, another double engagement will bring back unpleasant memories connected with Madeleine's first one. I think Carl Philip and Sofia will announce their engagement some time after the christening, while Madeleine and Chris (assuming they plan to get engaged soon) will have to wait until after his wedding.
Old 05-10-2012, 04:37 PM
Heir Apparent

Sofia looks really funny in this photo! More natural than before.
Old 05-10-2012, 04:46 PM
Royal Highness

wow she looks so nice there, simple and funny. even though i'm not that attached to her, i need to mention that she got a very grogeous body
Old 05-10-2012, 04:49 PM
Heir Presumptive
Royal Blogger

That's a very sweet picture.
Sofia does look more relaxed - and it shows.
Old 05-10-2012, 05:28 PM
Serene Highness

Quote:
Originally Posted by Duke of Marmalade View Post
I dont think Swedes have warmed to Chris in any way and I doubt that many people buy Sofia's whitewash.
I would say that the relationship between Madeleine and Chris when it comes to publicity in the media has more in common with how the earlier relationships of Victoria, Carl Philip and Madeleine have been, media have been interested in photos but the couple haven't made any major fuss about their relationship until it's been time for an engagement. When it comes to the relationship between Carl Philip and Sofia, I get a feeling that they themselves and the media have more or less been trying to forcefeed the public with media attention from the beginning, and to show off what a perfect couple they are, into making Sofia the only possible choice for Carl Philip.
Old 05-11-2012, 02:46 AM
Majesty
TRF Author

I agree with you.

Chris doesnt strike me as the person who will come to Sweden and embrace royal life beside his wife. Unlike Sofia, he doesnt seem to be keen on attention. In case they get married, I am sure they continue to live abroad with Chris working as a banker.
Old 05-11-2012, 02:32 PM
Courtier

Quote:
Originally Posted by LadyFinn View Post
As far as I know, she started a yoga-clothing business "Drop of Mindfulness". I don't know if she is still involved in it.
Thanks, LadyFinn. I got a link to the site (in English). I like their merchandise.

Drop Of Mindfulness - fashion and designer brands online - NELLY.COM
Old 05-11-2012, 02:58 PM
Heir Apparent

Quote:
Originally Posted by Duke of Marmalade View Post
I agree with you.

Chris doesnt strike me as the person who will come to Sweden and embrace royal life beside his wife. Unlike Sofia, he doesnt seem to be keen on attention. In case they get married, I am sure they continue to live abroad with Chris working as a banker.
I certainly would not expect him to give up his career to become a royal support act. As with John Ambler I would expect him to continue his banking career in the US and his wife to live there with him, returning to Sweden on an as needed basis for major family events.
Old 05-12-2012, 02:44 AM
Serene Highness

Quote:
Originally Posted by NGalitzine View Post
As with John Ambler ...
Or as Hansi (Johann George of Hohenzollern-Sigmaringen).
Old 05-12-2012, 02:49 AM
Imperial Majesty

Quote:
Originally Posted by Breffney View Post
Thanks, LadyFinn. I got a link to the site (in English). I like their merchandise.

Drop Of Mindfulness - fashion and designer brands online - NELLY.COM
This is the website of Drop of Mindfulness, Sofia is not mentioned there anymore, so I don't know if she is still involved in it.
DOM | Drop Of Mindfulness
Old 05-12-2012, 08:54 AM
Courtier

Quote:
Originally Posted by LadyFinn View Post
This is the website of Drop of Mindfulness, Sofia is not mentioned there anymore, so I don't know if she is still involved in it.
DOM | Drop Of Mindfulness
Brilliant, thanks for that, LadyFinn.
Old 05-15-2012, 05:50 PM
Heir Presumptive

Quote:
Originally Posted by principessa View Post
What do you think about a double engagement of Carl Philip and Sofia and Madeleine and Chris?
God help us!
We don't want a repeat from last time.
Old 05-16-2012, 11:21 AM
Imperial Majesty

At the royal fashion blog "Johannas kungliga modeblogg" photos of Sofia and Carl Philip celebrating Valborg with Sofia's friends on 30th April.
http://kungligamodebloggen.svenskdam...lqvists-kappa/
Old 05-19-2012, 05:06 AM
Imperial Majesty

From Expressen

Sofia forced the king and Silvia
May go to the baptism
http://www.expressen.se/ImageHandler.axd?imageFormat=firstColumn&guid=84e3e11d-d2ee-48a7-8cbf-8a2be73a9e0e

And how has she got the power to force the king and the queen to allow her to attend the baptism? Oh, these tabloids... On Tuesday we will see if this is true.
Old 05-19-2012, 05:20 AM
Serene Highness

Quote:
Originally Posted by LadyFinn
From Expressen

Sofia forced the king and Silvia
May go to the baptism
http://www.expressen.se/ImageHandler...f-8a2be73a9e0e

And how has she got the power to force the king and the queen to allow her to attend the baptism? Oh, these tabloids... On Tuesday we will see if this is true.
What?? I'm also at a loss to see how she can force the King and Queen to let her attend the Christening. Well, if she goes, Chris has to be invited as well (whether or not he decides to turn up). If it's true that she demanded to attend, I hope the court has the sense not to seat her with the family.
Old 05-19-2012, 08:19 AM
Heir Presumptive
Royal Blogger

I'm pretty sure whether Sofia attends or not, it will not be because she forced the King and Queen. How would she do that? And more importantly, she wouldn't be stupid enough to make an ultimatum to her potential in-laws. If she does attend though, that's pretty much a confirmation of an imminent engagement.
Old 05-19-2012, 10:36 AM
Serene Highness

If one is to believe the article, Sofia put pressure on Carl Philip and he in his turn talked his parents into accepting Sofia as a guest.

Tags
prince carl philip