Press Reports about Carl Philip and Sofia Hellqvist, Part 2: April 2012 - June 2014

If you have answers, please help by responding to the unanswered posts.
Status
Not open for further replies.
Lady Finn: that looks like a cheap paper, most of the time it's only speculations.

Lady Finn: that looks like a cheap paper, most of the time it's only speculations.

Yes, I know that Expressen is a tabloid. But after Sofia was allowed to be with the royal family at an official photo at Madeleine's and Chris' banns, it isn't a surprise that the swedish newspapers write articles like this. Many swedish royal experts predict a wedding in 2014.

Svensk Damtidning wrotes that Sofia gave Carl Philip a Border Terrier puppy as a birthday present last week.

Calle Schulman's (a longtime supporter of Sofia and Project Playground) advertising agency Top Hat and Project Playground launch their partnership
- Our agreement with Project Playground feels amazing! Wonderful to not only bring a lot of money into our fat German owners without ensuring that some of them will come to good things. I know Project Playground well and know how genuine they work. And how much difference they actually do, says Calle Schulman.
How is it to do business with Sofia Hellqvist, who can now be seen as part of the royal family?
- Sofia stands on her own feet and completely runs with a big heart a fantastic project. Our cooperation has nothing to do with other people to do.
Resumé Calle Schulmans avtal med Sofia Hellqvist

Sofia Hellqvist - Ganz offiziell GALA.DE
Translation

Last edited:
Calle Schulman's (a longtime supporter of Sofia and Project Playground) "Our agreement with Project Playground feels amazing! Wonderful to not only bring a lot of money into our fat German owners without ensuring that some of them will come to good things. I know Project Playground well and know how genuine they work. And how much difference they actually do", says Calle Schulman.

Does he have any reason to be so hateful and discrmininate the people of a whole country? There are good and bad people in every country,every family and every company. Why does he single out Germany-they do great charity work in many areas and they are known to be hard-working and decent people with high morals. As I have worked with many people from all kind of countries,also Germans, I could tell this impolite Calle Schulman that they are decent people with sound moral values and good working ethos!

It was probably meant well, but Calle Schulman certainly did not do a good service with such thoughtless words. He might have said "they use the money wisely and do not waste any of the donations",but his statement was not very smart.

Last edited:
I must say that an announcement from Prince Carl Philip & Sofia Hellqvist must be coming soon. After her seating at Princess Lilian's funeral and her immediate presence at Princess Madeleine & Chris O'Neill's Marriage Banns and Reception, I really do think they are getting themselves ready to take things to a more official level.

The palace posting pictures of Sofia on their official website was something very special.

Last edited:
Perhaps they are waiting until two weeks after the wedding with their announcement!

Perhaps they are waiting until two weeks after the wedding with their announcement!
The picture is very telling indeed. And I'm anticipating an announcement after the wedding as well. Although, to be honest, I'm not a huge Sofia fan. But then again I wasn't a fan of Marie of Denmark either and she has proven me wrong. Hopefully I will be off about Sofia too.

I don't think so. I think they're waiting until after all the wedding tohuwabohu calms down, which means, if there will come an engagement anouncement it won't be until after the summer holidays (mid to end august). Right after the wedding would be an idiotic moment in my eyes, because it would seem desperate. And I don't think they're so desperate to marry.

I do hope they announce an engagement, if that is really what the couple want, if for no other reason than to read all the inevitable posts of moral outrage from those who believe her to be an unsuitable match for a royal prince. Some of the posts so far have been quite amusing.

I really believe that after the wedding, the engagement will be announced.

I do hope they announce an engagement, if that is really what the couple want, if for no other reason than to read all the inevitable posts of moral outrage from those who believe her to be an unsuitable match for a royal prince. Some of the posts so far have been quite amusing.

You are, quite, correct. It is time. They seem to love each other and it is nice. Other "Royal" houses such as the Windsors, have accepted mistresses, why not this woman?

I'd love to see am engagement announced if only because Sofia will be a stunningly attractive bride.

I think it'll happen soon. She's very clearly been accepted by the family.

Svensk Damtidning (which always writes very positive articles about Sofia) writes that Sofia's and Carl Philip's relationship has been stormy, they have separated many times and returned together again. The reason to the rows has mostly been that Sofia hasn't felt that she is accepted by the royal family. She has felt hurt and demanded that Carl Philip should do something. Sofia has been seen outwards as shy, but at home it has been she who has put pressure on Carl Philip, everyone thinks that she controls their relationship. Carl Philip has sometimes tried to protest when Sofia has told her demands or wishes. Every time Sofia has got what she wanted.
According to Svensk Damtidning's knowledge the relationship was extra turbulent just weeks before Estelle's christening, this is confirmed also by Johan T Lindwall at his book "Madeleine - prinsessan privat". Sofia was stubborn and threatened Carl Philip that their relationship would end if he wouldn't get her a place at the Chapel. They had many fights and Carl Philip went finally to talk with the king and told how serious things were with Sofia, she had to be invited. The king saw how serious this was and so Sofia and Chris were invited. Right now Sofia feels that she is accepted.

Last edited:
Oh the the drama. The media can get pretty creative.

I think if an engagement is announced this summer it will be after Victoria's Birthday.

I think their new puppy is very cute; I particularly like the photo of Carl Philip kissing it. Siri is also a sweet name for a dog IMO. :)

It seems obvious that the court had called to Aftonbladet's photographer, so that these nice photos could be taken. I don't think that the photographer just went to the courtyard to wait if someone of the royal family would come out from the Palace.

At the latest Svensk Damtidning there was a photo where Sofia carries the puppy at her bag when they came out from m/s Victorina III from Carl Philip's birthday cruise.

Last edited:
You can clearly see those photos were staged. Cute puppy though.

When the king's solicitor Axel Calissendorff commented to Svensk Damtidning about the title of Chris O'Neill, Svensk Damtidning asked also about what is going to happen with Carl Philip's future wife. Calissendorff didn't want to comment that. Svensk Damtidning has talked with many sources from the court and everyone say that it is the king - and no one else - who decides about the possible princess title. Sofia Hellqvist will not automatically become a princess just because she gets married with a prince (if it happens). According to the sources of Svensk Damtidning, it is clear already now, that Sofia Hellqvist will never get a title of HRH.

We have to remember, that this is speculation ...

When the king's solicitor Axel Calissendorff commented to Svensk Damtidning about the title of Chris O'Neill, Svensk Damtidning asked also about what is going to happen with Carl Philip's future wife. Calissendorff didn't want to comment that. Svensk Damtidning has talked with many sources from the court and everyone say that it is the king - and no one else - who decides about the possible princess title. Sofia Hellqvist will not automatically become a princess just because she gets married with a prince (if it happens). According to the sources of Svensk Damtidning, it is clear already now, that Sofia Hellqvist will never get a title of HRH.

We have to remember, that this is speculation ...

I agree and it wouldnt make sense at all to possibly make Sofia HRH. Jonas would 'only' have become a Duke had his marriage with Madde taken place, my guess is that the same will happen to Sofia, most likely she would become the Duchess of Värmland.

Wonder if Sofia will be okay with just the duchess title.something tells me she won't...

I wonder what excuse they would use to deprive her of the female version of her husbands titles? Traditionally men have not derived titles from their wives, but women traditionally do take the female version of their husbands titles as we can see from the current kings sisters (Baroness, Princess, Mrs) and with his late aunt HRH Princess Lilian Duchess of Halland.
With Chris they say he gets no titles because he is not Swedish and he is involved in business. They cannot use that same excuse with Sofia.

Wonder if Sofia will be okay with just the duchess title.something tells me she won't...

Honestly the duchess title would be quite appropriate in my view! Her confort would come from the official statute, the money, invitations to participate in everything... spotlights etc
Please correct me if I am wrong, but the husbands of the sisters of the king, are not any prince neither!? or any title? even if they live in Sweden.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back
Top Bottom