Press Reports about Carl Philip and Sofia Hellqvist, Part 2: April 2012 - June 2014

If you have answers, please help by responding to the unanswered posts.
Status
Not open for further replies.
Because she was interviewed about it and quoted as saying her mother encouraged her to do the shoots.

And I don't think I have to make excuses for Sofia. I don't know her, or anything about her beyond what is presented in the media. I just don't happen to believe in judging and shaming people for the rest of their lives over something they did when they were young that harmed no one and was not illegal.

Oh really? Did her mother realize it was a nude shoot?

I'm not judging and shaming her. I have no right to do that. I could honestly overlook the photos. It's her overall desire for fame that disgusts me. I'm disgusted with people like that.

And I don't know anything about Carl Philip, but I think he should be with someone who's with him for more than the fame. That's what I mean by best interests. I don't even know you and I would want the best for you.

Oh really? Did her mother realize it was a nude shoot?

I'm not judging and shaming her. I have no right to do that. I could honestly overlook the photos. It's her overall desire for fame that disgusts me. I'm disgusted with people like that.

And I don't know anything about Carl Philip, but I think he should be with someone who's with him for more than the fame. That's what I mean by best interests. I don't even know you and I would want the best for you.

You don't know that she isn't with Carl Philip for more than the fame. The thing about the various members of royal families is that they are used to people wanting to use them. Carl Philip has been raised his whole life in an environment where most of the people he meets will want something from him. It's one of the downsides of having such an extremely privileged background. Most of the people raised that way develop very good instincts about who cares about them and who doesn't.

He's lived with her for three years. If there was nothing in that relationship, he'd know by now. They must have stuff in common and truly enjoy being together or they wouldn't be able to maintain a workable relationship.

And I guess I also don't look down on people for wanting to be wealthy and famous. Yes, it's superficial, but a lot of people fantasize about attaining that at some point in their lives. She just happened to have the right looks for modeling and was the right age during a time when reality tv was really hitting its stride and making fame super accessible for people with the right look.

I think that kind of television is asinine, but I don't typically look down on the participants. If people didn't want to watch it, it wouldn't exist.

IMHO very incorrect, as Carl Philip's last name happens to be not Svensson but Bernadotte... and incorrect also because the Swedish people finance at least part of his and his girlfriend's life.

And the Swedish people do not get to decide whom he marries or doesn't marry. And another thing, the Swedish people don't seem to give a crap; the only people who are stuck on Sofia's past are people on this board spouting the same thing year after year after year.
And I also agree it is ridiculous to say you are looking out for the interest of a man you don't know. The people who should and are looking out for him are his family and friends, not some random whose closest contact with him is in a magazine or on the Internet.
And for the record I admire Khloe an Kourtney Kardashian and feel they are leaps and bounds above Paris Hilton, as is Sofia. Just because she posed naked of pictures years ago doesn't equate her to Paris Hilton.

Last edited:
And for the record I admire Khloe an Kourtney Kardashian and feel they are leaps and bounds above Paris Hilton, as is Sofia. Just because she posed naked of pictures years ago doesn't equate her to Paris Hilton.

I also like Khloe and Kourtney, but nobody was talking about them. I think I made a reference to Kim. But you completely left Kim out because we both know Sofia is not leaps and bounds, as you say, above her. Sofia likes fame and the nude pics were part of the journey towards it. Why you people gloss over the fact I'll never know.

Overall, if Carl Philip wants to be with Sofia then fine, but she shouldn't be given the Princess title. Not that my opinion matters, but that's just how I feel.

And clearly they didn't and didn't guide her away from posing for those photos and she was obviously raised in a household that was open minded about nude photography and this lead her towards a choice that while controversial in some cultures, is also totally legal and doesn't harm anyone.

There are nude photos for art like famous models have done (Naomi Campbell or Carla Bruni) and there are sexually provocative photos for the trash or glamour market, that Sofia has done, as a minor.

I dont mind nudity, but what I do mind what Sofia has done in the past, with only one aim: being famous.

In England there is a saying that you can take a girl out of chav town but you can't take chav town out of a girl, and this is what I think every time I see Sofia out and about the royal family, I am having a laugh every time I see her try so hard but in the end to no avail.

There are nude photos for art like famous models have done (Naomi Campbell or Carla Bruni) and there are sexually provocative photos for the trash or glamour market, that Sofia has done, as a minor.

I dont mind nudity, but what I do mind what Sofia has done in the past, with only one aim: being famous.
QUOTE]

This is what you call artistic nude,it is a special genre of photography and I must say that I like that kind of images,for instance Man Ray´s nudes are a wonderful example.I also enjoy Egon Schiele or other expressive paintings that are depicting the human body in an aestethic way,but Playboy and Penthouse or similiar magazines are not my taste because I am a woman and I don´t like women being shown off as only sexual objects. With Carla Bruni oder Naomi´s shots you can see that they are strong,independent women and the pictures are interesting to look at.They and the photographers who took the images can be proud of their work, because it is an image that is unconventional and beautiful.I like photographs to be beautiful and inspiring,I despise that page 3-girl look,but I am not a man so that kind of images was not made for me.:p

Because she was interviewed about it and quoted as saying her mother encouraged her to do the shoots.
As a mother, I can NOT imagine a situation, where I would/could encourage my 17-year old daughter to pose in nude photos....

As a mother, I can NOT imagine a situation, where I would/could encourage my 17-year old daughter to pose in nude photos....

Certainly not!

I was quite a 'wild' child, when I was young in the 70th and 80th, but I took great care that there where NO photos of me in any dubious situation ... and that was WAY before the Internet, Mobile phone (without camera) and so on...

I miss any amount of common sense in those publicity searching people.

Well,maybe her mother was not the best person to raise a girl-just look at some celebrity mothers and what they do with their child,it drives me mad.Like buying them all the designer stuff and never telling them "enough is enough","there are less fortunate people than you-keep that in mind", or "I love you,but you are not the center of the universe!"
A nude model from UK said in an interview that she would encourage her daughter to get a breast surgery when she is 16 or do plastic surgery...so mothers obviously don´t always know best ;-)
Sofia listened to her mother and tried hard to be a succesful erotic model, and from a neutral point of view,her pictures are good (meaning:they sell well and they are what is expected in Slitz & such magazines!).So in that way she was doing her job well...
But I hope- no matter what she will do in her future-that she will get her advice from other women,maybe Victoria or Silvia,because I think they are better role models for young girls/women! They are studying hard,working for the society and do a wonderful job as mothers and royals, so if Sofia decides to emulate their behaviour & working ethos, she can´t do much wrong:)

That's very true. In some cases mother isn't always right. Some celeb moms and others act more like their friend or big sister than their parent. Because of this, their children have often run into problems because of this. Not good.

In the case of Sofia, what is done has been done and you can't change the past.

I guess what's really important is that Prince Carl Philip seem to be really happy with Sofia Hellqvist and Sofia seems to be really happy with Prince Carl Philip. That is what matters and what counts.

I guess what's really important is that Prince Carl Philip seem to be really happy with Sofia Hellqvist and Sofia seems to be really happy with Prince Carl Philip. That is what matters and what counts.
Here I agree, that what matters in any couple otherwise, it's reciprocal love. Their engagement won't be surprise to anybody.

The same old circular arguement. Why not give it a rest until they get an engaged and we see what the reaction in Sweden is.

That's very true. In some cases mother isn't always right. Some celeb moms and others act more like their friend or big sister than their parent. Because of this, their children have often run into problems because of this. Not good.

In the case of Sofia, what is done has been done and you can't change the past.

That is certainly true & I also agree with NGalitzine on this:The same old circular arguement. Why not give it a rest until they get an engaged and we see what the reaction in Sweden is!

So we should all relax & see how this story is going to unfold ...
For all the Sofia-supporters: You can start with preparing celebratory wedding accessoires: Everything with the Swedish flag (yellow/blue) and the couple´s pictures on it will be needed...porcellain,stickers,fan-shirts etc. :twohearts:
:cheers:

I also like Khloe and Kourtney, but nobody was talking about them. I think I made a reference to Kim. But you completely left Kim out because we both know Sofia is not leaps and bounds, as you say, above her. Sofia likes fame and the nude pics were part of the journey towards it. Why you people gloss over the fact I'll never know.

Overall, if Carl Philip wants to be with Sofia then fine, but she shouldn't be given the Princess title. Not that my opinion matters, but that's just how I feel.

Kim is a savvy business women as well who has done much more than make a sex tape that was unfortunately released. When Sofia spends millions on a wedding just to get divorced 3mos later then you can start comparing her to Kim. Whether Sofia likes fame or not is the business of Carl Philip. Either he knows about it and doesn't care, or she has grown beyond her younger antics. Just like I hope they get married I also hope she is made a Princess just to piss off those who think they can dictate what Carl Philip and his family do.

Last edited:
Apart from her clothes and her business sense I don´t understand why girls are so crazy for the Kardashians,but hey-I cannot understand everything and some ppl might wonder about my idols as well;-)
I don´t think that Kim´s tape was "unfortunately" released, such kind of ppl do it on purpose and later pretend that they didn´t want it.For Paris Hilton ist was the starting point of her career. Again,I would never ever compare Sofia to any of the Kardashians or to Paris Hilton,we should treat them in a different thread.

Yes, if they go private; as it is, CP and his wife will probably want to represent Sweden ... that's the point of our discussion.

He can marry whom ever he wants; but if he marries her and the Swedish people are not prepared to put up with an erotic model for representation, he could be a nail in the coffin of the Bernadottes as RF of Sweden...

And trust me - CG and Silvia are very much aware; in my mind, the are playing the time-game, and hoping by withholding their consent, to get her out of the picture. Maybe they like her or not ... who knows?

Is the Royal Family really that worried about the Monarchy if Prince Carl Philip marries Sofia? Or is it that some folks on this board are the ones worried about the future of the Swedish Monarchy, if a marriage takes place?

Is the Royal Family really that worried about the Monarchy if Prince Carl Philip marries Sofia? Or is it that some folks on this board are the ones worried about the future of the Swedish Monarchy, if a marriage takes place?

Well,CG scandals have quite shaken the monarchy! Also,shortly before Victoria married, one of the big political parties of Sweden printed a picture of her and a woman in burka and wrote "one of these women needs to ask her father for a permission to marry" (meaning Victoria)....As today,I don´t see any reason why the Royal family should be in trouble-most people look up at Silvia and Victoria in admiration and grew very fond of Daniel and Estelle.IMO-The ladies saved the monarchy-S&V are the most popular members of the Bernadottes!Estelle is of course the big star now,as a cute baby you always win the sympathies :D

Don't know if Carl Philip and Sofia will take that next step but if they do, the Swedish Monarchy won't be in any trouble. The Monarchy will continue on and people's attention will turn to the wedding coverage. Engagement interview, official engagements, appearances, etc. Life goes on.

CP is now 3rd in line to the thrown. If Victoria has another baby he will drop down. The chances of him getting to the throne are slim and getting slimmer. Let him find love.

Kim is a savvy business women as well who has done much more than make a sex tape that was unfortunately released. When Sofia spends millions on a wedding just to get divorced 3mos later then you can start comparing her to Kim. Whether Sofia likes fame or not is the business of Carl Philip. Either he knows about it and doesn't care, or she has grown beyond her younger antics. Just like I hope they get married I also hope she is made a Princess just to piss off those who think they can dictate what Carl Philip and his family do.

You hope they get married to piss off people who think they can dictate Carl Phillips life?? You really need to calm down cause no one on this thread thinks they can dictate someone's life who they've never met. We're all just having a conversation...Not dictating.

CP is now 3rd in line to the thrown. If Victoria has another baby he will drop down. The chances of him getting to the throne are slim and getting slimmer. Let him find love.
But it will take at least 17 years before Victoria's children will be able to represent Sweden, until then Carl Philip and Madeleine and their spouses will have to do.

An article about Sofia's family in Expressen, they haven't published the article in the web version yet.
https://pbs.twimg.com/media/BHO64JXCQAEZf1O.jpg:large

The king and the queen haven't met Sofia's family yet. They didn't meet the Westlings either when Victoria and Daniel were dating. Eva O'Neill they have met already before Madeleine and Chris were engaged.

Last edited:
Although Sofia is certainly not the first or worst with these charity balls/dinners, I always found the concept of throwing a party to save the poor/sick rather cynic. I am sure that these functions make a lot of money and are thus useful, but I just find it in bad taste.

Last edited:
Violinist Linda Lampenius tells at her blog, that she will play at a charity event for Project Playground today.
Project Playground | Linda Lampenius

it's this event:
International Women's Club of Stockholm (Founded 1961. Patron: H.R.H. Princess Lilian, Duchess of Halland, 1961-2013)
April 26, 2013, Clarion Hotel Stockholm - We request the pleasure of your company along with your guest and friends for this Celebration Benefit Dinner, an IWC fundraiser for Project Playground. Enjoy a wonderful evening hosted by Agneta Sjödin with exciting entertainment by Linda Lampenius, Daniel Lindström, Stephen Simmonds and Zwai Mbula. As well as, an authentic South African dinner experience. And support the work and spirit of Project Playground.
IWC SE - Philanthropic Work

Last edited:
Status
Not open for further replies.
Back
Top Bottom