The Royal Forums Coat of Arms

Go Back   The Royal Forums > Reigning Houses > Royal House of Sweden > Current Events Archive

Join The Royal Forums Today
Closed Thread

Old 11-16-2012, 05:28 AM
Imperial Majesty

Quote:
Originally Posted by Biri View Post
And how it ended we all know.
That's just what I meant, maybe Carl Philip doesn't want to get married.

Old 11-16-2012, 05:50 AM
Courtier

Quote:
Originally Posted by LadyFinn View Post
That's just what I meant, maybe Carl Philip doesn't want to get married.
Maybe they just want to get completely sure if marriage is what they want. And what would have happened if he had married Emma after 6 years? The split would have come anyway and a divorce would have been much worse than a simple break up.

I'm a firm supporter of fair chance's.
Use your chance, Sofia. You're doing a fine job so far.
Old 11-16-2012, 07:14 AM
Heir Apparent

Quote:
Originally Posted by KitKat2006 View Post
Maybe they just want to get completely sure if marriage is what they want. And what would have happened if he had married Emma after 6 years? The split would have come anyway and a divorce would have been much worse than a simple break up.
After ten years of "perpetual courtship" it's normal that a boredom entered into their relation. If they had married after six years, they probably would have had a child already, or even two and their relationship would have more solid base.
Old 11-16-2012, 09:33 AM
Heir Apparent

Quote:
Originally Posted by MarNoe View Post
I don't think she checked out how she looked from the back before she stepped out.
She looks no worse from behind than 85% of the population. Messy is in...not that I'm a fan of dressing this way.
Old 11-16-2012, 05:14 PM
Courtier

Quote:
After ten years of "perpetual courtship" it's normal that a boredom entered into their relation. If they had married after six years, they probably would have had a child already, or even two and their relationship would have more solid base.
Maybe you are right. But if you are not right there would have been also a child involved in a divorce drama. I'm a firm believer in "A child doesn't fix anything". So if there were boredom or little fights between them a child wouldn't have solved it. It just would have complicated everything.

I'm a firm supporter of fair chance's.
Use your chance, Sofia. You're doing a fine job so far.
Old 11-16-2012, 06:02 PM
Serene Highness

Quote:
Originally Posted by KittyAtlanta View Post
She looks no worse from behind than 85% of the population. Messy is in...not that I'm a fan of dressing this way.
I disagree. I see 85% of the population looking very good from behind. And I don't see "messy being in". Maybe it's different where you live...
Old 11-16-2012, 08:27 PM
Serene Highness

Quote:
Originally Posted by KitKat2006 View Post
Maybe you are right. But if you are not right there would have been also a child involved in a divorce drama. I'm a firm believer in "A child doesn't fix anything". So if there were boredom or little fights between them a child wouldn't have solved it. It just would have complicated everything.
Maybe it wasn't boredom or fights that ended the relationship, perhaps Emma got tired of waiting for Carl Philip to grow up and decide if he wants to get married and have a family or not. As he's not the heir to the throne there is no pressure on him to marry and have a heir, he can wait as long as prince Albert of Monaco before getting married if he wants.
Old 11-18-2012, 11:48 AM
Aristocracy

Perhaps Carl Philip's and Emms's relationship, just naturally ran its course?
Old 11-19-2012, 12:50 PM
Imperial Majesty

Sofia was at least last week with her charity organisation Project Playground's base in Langa, she wrote to Twitter "last week we had Helena & Moa from Swedish Postcode Foundation visiting!", with this photo.
http://pbs.twimg.com/media/A8DRA5qCcAAyFAp.jpg:large
Old 11-20-2012, 11:33 PM
Serene Highness

Quote:
Originally Posted by MoonShadow123 View Post
Perhaps Carl Philip's and Emms's relationship, just naturally ran its course?
So you mean that the natural course of a relationship is that it ends after x years, instead of people trying to make a relationship work for the rest of their lives? For a relationship to work both parties have to have the same goal, to stay together and let the relationship evolve (for example getting married and have children), but if one was satisfied with how it's now and the other wants for it to evolve, then perhaps the natural course is that a relationship just lasts a couple of years.
Old 11-21-2012, 12:04 PM
Imperial Majesty

At Svensk Damtidning this week:

Sofia's family: "There will be no wedding"
Sofia out in the cold
The royal couple satisfied with the situation

"You can read more about Prince Carl Philip's girlfriend Sofia Hellqvist and the deferred engagement. Why Sofia and Carl Philip wait? You will also know more about Sofia's own princess school".
Nytt nummer ute nu Sofia ute i kylan Svensk Damtidning
Old 11-21-2012, 12:30 PM
Majesty

I guess you will hear and read tons of stories about Prince Carl Philip & Sofia Hellqvist's 'engagement' since Madeleine got engaged so quickly and over Carl Philip.
Old 11-21-2012, 02:07 PM
Heir Presumptive

How reliable is Svenskdamtidning?
I had a dream: Let's connect our thoughts together, than we have a mission, let's connect our feelings together, than we have a mood, let's connect our dreams together, than we have a vision and let's connect our mission, our mood and our vision together than we have a perfect life.
Old 11-21-2012, 02:13 PM
Imperial Majesty

Quote:
Originally Posted by principessa View Post
How reliable is Svenskdamtidning?
I and some others have earlier told at this thread, that Svensk Damtidning is a pure gossip magazine nowadays, some years ago it was quite good, but not anymore. Of course they sometimes get right in their articles, but most times their articles are just pure gossip.

But it is interesting, if Sofia's family has indeed talked to Svensk Damtidning. I will see the magazine on Saturday at my market.
Old 11-21-2012, 03:02 PM
Heir Presumptive

Quote:
Originally Posted by Meraude View Post
Maybe it wasn't boredom or fights that ended the relationship, perhaps Emma got tired of waiting for Carl Philip to grow up and decide if he wants to get married and have a family or not. As he's not the heir to the throne there is no pressure on him to marry and have a heir, he can wait as long as prince Albert of Monaco before getting married if he wants.
Perhaps we should not assume that it was Emma that ended the relationship. Emma's clashes with Q. Silvia was widely discussed since early on in their relationship and her attitude could in same cases be labelled "arrogant" or selfish.
Old 11-21-2012, 04:45 PM
Courtier

To be honest I have always wondered about these rumoured clashes with Queen Silvia. Did they really happen ? And if yes what was the problem between these two ladies ? Just curious I admit.
Old 11-22-2012, 07:20 AM
Majesty
TRF Author

I think it was the usual problem, back in those days the royal houses were far more arrogant than today, they have been humbled by reality.

Back then many boy/girlfriends were fought off because they were not deemed suitable or good enough but what came afterwards was much worse but couldnt be fought off any more because the son or daughter would not listen anymore and point to other royal houses that had already given in.
Old 11-22-2012, 07:37 AM
Heir Apparent

I read somewhere that only one from the Royal Family who didn't like Emma was Princess Victoria, not Queen Silvia.
Old 11-22-2012, 09:17 AM
Serene Highness

Just because someone is deemed suitable for marriage doesn't really mean that they are. On paper someone might be or they come from the right background or family, but then when it comes to marriage it's an entirely different matter. How many marriages have been a disaster or unhappy because of this over the centuries.
Old 11-22-2012, 11:14 AM
Imperial Majesty

Quote:
I read somewhere that only one from the Royal Family who didn't like Emma was Princess Victoria, not Queen Silvia.
Emma was as a guest at the publishing of Victoria's and Daniel's wedding banns, and at the concert on 18th June, where Victoria and Daniel had invited a lot of those friends who weren't invited to the wedding.

Tags
prince carl philip