The Royal Forums Coat of Arms

Go Back   The Royal Forums > Reigning Houses > Royal House of Sweden > Current Events Archive

Join The Royal Forums Today
Closed Thread

Old 11-02-2012, 04:24 PM
Heir Presumptive

Quote:
Originally Posted by LadyFinn View Post
But Frida Vesterberg has agreed that they are constantly telling that they founded PP together. From their annual report: "Project Playground was founded by Sofia Hellqvist and Frida Vesterberg in early 2010".

Board members Project Playground Sweden
Sofia Hellqvist – President & Co founder of Project Playground
Frida Vesterberg – Vice President & Co founder of Project Playground early 2010".
Most interesting...
...because in earlier press releases until last year, for example about the PP activity during the Volvo Ocean Race, 'Project Playground' used to be founded in 2009.
But apparently it was co-founded once more by two people in 2010... which allows to omit any timeline before and is a nice example of what I meant by 're-writing history'.
Seems that Frida Vesterberg is truly a very good friend.

Old 11-02-2012, 10:20 PM
Heir Presumptive

Quote:
Originally Posted by Cinderella5x

If one is a "Co-Founder" that person also is in the project from the beginning. I would assume being a "Co-Founder" means she would start the project with Frida Vesterberg. Sofia did not, from what I understood; therefore she is not a "Co-Founder". She may be in a board now, may have an important role (has she? is she?) but she is far from being either "Founder" or "Co-Founder" as it looks now.

By putting a "Founder" on her name tag she is misrepresenting the truth.
I know someone who is a co-founder of a business and she did not start the business but it was my friend that really made the company what it is today. So that's why I said co-founder.

This Frida is a nice person and someone is definitely rewriting history because this is not what I read! Maybe Frida thinks having the prince's girlfriend as a founder will help the charity...I don't know. But I don't like when people change and manipulate things to suit their purposes. I'm just not buying this whole Sofia the Founder thing.

Old 11-03-2012, 01:00 AM
Heir Apparent

According to Project Playground's official report for 2011 this is their board:
Sofia Hellqvist –President & Co founder of Project Playground
Frida Vesterberg –Vice President & Co founder of Project Playground
Mikael Engdahl –CEO and Co founder MnO International
Carl Philip Bernadotte –HKH Prince of Sweden
Claudia Olsson -Managing Director ACCESS Health International Southeast Asia
Jonas Paurell -Head of Growth and Opportunity African Practice
Sofia Breitholtz -Sr Manager Ernst&Young
Old 11-03-2012, 04:56 AM
Imperial Majesty

Quote:
Originally Posted by NGalitzine View Post
According to Project Playground's official report for 2011 this is their board:
Sofia Hellqvist –President & Co founder of Project Playground
Frida Vesterberg –Vice President & Co founder of Project Playground
Mikael Engdahl –CEO and Co founder MnO International
Carl Philip Bernadotte –HKH Prince of Sweden
Claudia Olsson -Managing Director ACCESS Health International Southeast Asia
Jonas Paurell -Head of Growth and Opportunity African Practice
Sofia Breitholtz -Sr Manager Ernst&Young
The swedish press has written many times, that Carl Philip is at the board.
They have acted together in public for Project Playground:
SCEA supports Project Playground – 2011

Here is an interview of Frida Vesterberg from 7th November 2011.
Möt tre svenskor som gör skillnad i världen - Råd & Tips inom Hälsa Relationer Mode & Skönhet - Icakuriren
Translation

Sofia Hellqvist talks shortly about Project Playground at this video of fashion designer Andrea G telling about hers and photographer Linnea Frank's co-operation with PP, Sofia starts talking at 0.40.
Old 11-03-2012, 08:56 AM
Imperial Majesty

More photos of Sofia and Frida at the 2nd anniversary celebrations of the Project Playground in Langa.
http://2.bp.blogspot.com/-a8BaXH1xMa...0/IMG_6816.jpg
http://4.bp.blogspot.com/-iS-18-vZlg...0/IMG_6824.JPG
http://3.bp.blogspot.com/-NlFtUoFZOA...0/IMG_6722.JPG

With the people from Branning Optician, who have been in Langa checking the eyes of the children and giving them glasses.
http://sphotos-d.ak.fbcdn.net/hphoto...89195613_n.jpg
http://sphotos-f.ak.fbcdn.net/hphoto...08767365_n.jpg
Old 11-04-2012, 07:00 AM
Imperial Majesty

At the cover of today's Expressen:
Sofia's tiring waiting for the wedding with Carl Philip
http://www.expressen.se/ImageHandler...0-4c10c0b66bc2

Finnish MTV3 writes about the article in Expressen.
Sofia Hellqvist has been dating for several years with prince Carl Philip, and dreaming of getting married for a long time. The swedish media speculated about who will get first to the altar, Carl Philip or Madeleine, and Madeleine won. This causes changes to the plans of Carl Philip and Sofia. According to Expressen, Sofia had waited for Carl Philip to propose already last year. That Madeleine is getting married first, came as a surprise for Sofia and she hadn't waited for that. This has made Sofia even more impatient with the wedding. Carl Philip had changed quickly the subject when the reporters had asked him about the possibly coming wedding when they interviewed him because of Madeleine's engagement.
Normally it would be possible to have two royal weddings at the same year, but 2013 is an exception. Madeleine and Chris are getting married, king Carl Gustaf has been 40 years on the throne, prince Daniel will have his 40th birthday and queen Silvia her 70th birthday.
Expressen writes, that the only way Carl Philip and Sofia could get married next year would be a double wedding with Madeleine and Chris. The royal expert Sten Hedman doesn't think that this will happen. So Expressen says that Carl Philip and Sofia could get engaged at the end of 2013 and get married right in the beginning of 2014.
Carl Philipin Sofia odottaa kärsimättömänä – takaisku hääsuunnitelmille - MTV3.fi
Old 11-04-2012, 11:49 AM
Courtier

Quote:

So Expressen says that Carl Philip and Sofia could get engaged at the end of 2013 and get married right in the beginning of 2014.
Carl Philipin Sofia odottaa kärsimättömänä – takaisku hääsuunnitelmille - MTV3.fi
No reason why they can't get engaged in early or mid 2013, surely. ?

I understand that, with all the other celebrations going on in 2013, early 2014 might be the best time for Sofia and CP to marry but, somehow, I think that Sofia would prefer to get the ring on her finger sooner rather than later.

Not that, as we saw with Maddie and Jonas, being engaged necessarily guarantees that a wedding will occur.
Old 11-04-2012, 02:11 PM
Serene Highness

Quote:
Originally Posted by Breffney View Post
No reason why they can't get engaged in early or mid 2013, surely. ?

I understand that, with all the other celebrations going on in 2013, early 2014 might be the best time for Sofia and CP to marry but, somehow, I think that Sofia would prefer to get the ring on her finger sooner rather than later.

Not that, as we saw with Maddie and Jonas, being engaged necessarily guarantees that a wedding will occur.
Well, it looks like not everything may necessary happen the way Sofia would prefer
Old 11-04-2012, 02:27 PM
Imperial Majesty

The article I posted is just a speculation made by Expressen. We don't know if there is any truth in it, besides that celebrations we all know to happen next year.
Old 11-04-2012, 02:58 PM
Majesty

I think people have to be careful to not fall for the media stories that's telling you how Sofia feels about her relationship with Prince Carl Philip and their future. I saw this happen in the tabs about the then Kate Middleton and her relationship with the then Prince William of Wales.

The tabloids can't tell you what's really going on in these peoples private lives and their plans for the future. They can only speculate and sometimes the tons of speculations leds the readers to gang-up on the person of subject. So, imo, lets be careful with all this specualtion on the future of Prince Carl Philip & Sofia Hellqvist.
Old 11-04-2012, 03:29 PM
Imperial Majesty
Royal Blogger

Quote:
Originally Posted by Dman View Post
the then Prince William of Wales.
He's still there you know, he hasn't gone anywhere.
I will continue to say that whilst I agree CP should be allowed to marry Sofia, he should step out of the limelight and fade into the back ground.
Old 11-05-2012, 04:59 AM
Royal Highness

Quote:
Originally Posted by Lumutqueen View Post
I will continue to say that whilst I agree CP should be allowed to marry Sofia, he should step out of the limelight and fade into the back ground.
I agree with you. But I'm sure that Sofia doesn't .
She seems really desparate to become a princess, and stepping out of the limelight is certainly the last thing she would want for herself and for CP. It seems to me that CP is absolutely prepared to fight for Sofia's acceptance as a royal.
Old 11-06-2012, 04:09 PM
Imperial Majesty

Photo posted to the Flashback Forum, at the post it is said that the photo is taken 3rd November in Cape Town.
https://fbcdn-sphotos-h-a.akamaihd.n...09716290_n.jpg
Old 11-06-2012, 04:31 PM
Serene Highness

Quote:
Photo posted to the Flashback Forum, at the post it is said that the photo is taken 3rd November in Cape Town.
A man carrying woman's purse / handbag is always an... interesting view for me. Esp when that woman carries nothing
Old 11-09-2012, 11:16 AM
Imperial Majesty

At Aftonbladet Klick!
Therefore she has gotten tired
The witch hunt against Sofia
The mysterious wedding response of the Royal Court
http://gfx.aftonbladet-cdn.se/image/...01%2Ckli_1.jpg

MTV3 quotes the article at Aftonbladet Klick!
Carl Philip and Sofia have been dating for years, so their wedding announcement has been waited for a long time. According to Klick! many royal experts were sure that Carl Philip will get engaged before Madeleine.
Madeleine told about her engagement a couple of weeks ago and the wedding will be next summer. In addition to the wedding the court has other celebrations, prince Daniel has his 40th birthday and king Carl Gustaf celebrates his 40 years on the throne. So, because all the celebration it his very unlikely, that also Carl Philip and Sofia would get married next year. However, the couple can take people by surprise.
- This is a hypothetic question. There isn't any rule about that there couldn't be even two royal weddings at the same year, Ulrika Näsholm from the court press department commented to Klick!

The media has many times written that Sofia is waiting anxiously for the proposal. Now Sofia has gotten tired of these speculations.
- The reportage about that Sofia is waiting desperately for the engagement, is an exaggeration. She and Carl Philip are living happily together, and don't stress for the future, Aftonbladet's royal expert Jenny Alexandersson says.
According to Klick! Sofia is upset because she is alleged to pressure the prince to the altar. The newspapers put all the time pressure with their writings because the couple has been dating for years and an engagement would be the next natural move.
Sofia Hellqvist kyllästynyt hääuteluihin – epätoivoisuus liioiteltua - MTV3.fi
Old 11-09-2012, 12:11 PM
Courtier

Quote:
I don't think she checked out how she looked from the back before she stepped out.
Old 11-12-2012, 03:17 AM
Imperial Majesty

Quote:
At Aftonbladet Klick!
Therefore she has gotten tired
The witch hunt against Sofia
The mysterious wedding response of the Royal Court
http://gfx.aftonbladet-cdn.se/image/...01%2Ckli_1.jpg

MTV3 quotes the article at Aftonbladet Klick!
Carl Philip and Sofia have been dating for years, so their wedding announcement has been waited for a long time. According to Klick! many royal experts were sure that Carl Philip will get engaged before Madeleine.
Madeleine told about her engagement a couple of weeks ago and the wedding will be next summer. In addition to the wedding the court has other celebrations, prince Daniel has his 40th birthday and king Carl Gustaf celebrates his 40 years on the throne. So, because all the celebration it his very unlikely, that also Carl Philip and Sofia would get married next year. However, the couple can take people by surprise.
- This is a hypothetic question. There isn't any rule about that there couldn't be even two royal weddings at the same year, Ulrika Näsholm from the court press department commented to Klick!

The media has many times written that Sofia is waiting anxiously for the proposal. Now Sofia has gotten tired of these speculations.
- The reportage about that Sofia is waiting desperately for the engagement, is an exaggeration. She and Carl Philip are living happily together, and don't stress for the future, Aftonbladet's royal expert Jenny Alexandersson says.
According to Klick! Sofia is upset because she is alleged to pressure the prince to the altar. The newspapers put all the time pressure with their writings because the couple has been dating for years and an engagement would be the next natural move.
Sofia Hellqvist kyllästynyt hääuteluihin – epätoivoisuus liioiteltua - MTV3.fi
This story now also at Aftonbladet's website.
Sofia Hellqvist less på bröllopshetsen | Klick! | Nöjesbladet | Aftonbladet
Old 11-16-2012, 04:28 AM
Courtier

I nearly feel sorry for Sofia in these days, she looks like the big looser in the wedding game ...
Bye Bine
Old 11-16-2012, 04:57 AM
Imperial Majesty

Quote:
Originally Posted by Bine221 View Post
I nearly feel sorry for Sofia in these days, she looks like the big looser in the wedding game ...
Bye Bine
We don't know what is happening in their lives, we only know that the press writes. Since Madeleine and Carl Philip hardly have a double wedding, one of the was first to get engaged. It was Madeleine. We will see what is happening to Carl Philip and Sofia. Maybe they are satisfied with their lives like this they are living now - Carl Philip was almost ten years with Emma...
Old 11-16-2012, 05:22 AM
Heir Apparent

Quote:
Carl Philip was almost ten years with Emma...
And how it ended we all know.

Tags
prince carl philip