The Royal Forums Coat of Arms

Go Back   The Royal Forums > Reigning Houses > Royal House of Sweden > Current Events Archive

Join The Royal Forums Today
Closed Thread

Old 09-21-2012, 12:19 PM
Majesty

The King & Queen seem to like Sofia. I remember seeing some pictures of the couple vacationing with the King & Queen. I think they were on a boat.

Old 09-22-2012, 07:44 AM
Heir Presumptive

Quote:
Originally Posted by Dman View Post
The King & Queen seem to like Sofia. I remember seeing some pictures of the couple vacationing with the King & Queen. I think they were on a boat.
The king for sure likes her, about true feelings of queen Silvia I really doubt. But they are really wise, as caring parents always accept their children's partners.

Old 09-22-2012, 08:54 AM
Imperial Majesty

Sofia and her sister Lina, from PP twitter
"Drive in soccer in Alby (at night) - Visited Hasan and Djurgårdsandans amazing initiative."
http://pbs.twimg.com/media/A3WnbXuCQAEkRlj.jpg:large
Old 09-23-2012, 11:38 AM
Imperial Majesty

Sofia, her sister Lina and Project Playground intern Hanna at the release party of Miss World Magazine on Thursday, photos from the Facebook and Twitter of Miss World. Miss World Magazine has a big interview of Sofia telling about Projecgt Playground on their newest issue.
https://fbcdn-sphotos-b-a.akamaihd.n...10265177_n.jpg
http://pbs.twimg.com/media/A3QUuq7CAAA1NWf.jpg:large
Old 09-24-2012, 02:57 PM
Serene Highness

Quote:
Originally Posted by Lenora View Post
The king for sure likes her
One reason for why the king likes her is maybe that Sofia looks much like this lady who was rumoured to one of his "flirts" before he met Silvia: http://tinyurl.com/cgl4xc4
Old 09-24-2012, 03:21 PM
Imperial Majesty

Finnish violínist Linda Cullberg Lampenius (she lives in Sweden and her husband is a Swede) writes at her blog, that she had a meeting with Project Playground: Sofia, her sister Lina, Frida Vesterberg and doctor Lena Bergqvist on 13th September. They are planning a musical co-operation in 2013. Linda's 3,5 year old daughter Olivia had seen photos of Sofia with Carl Philip, so she wanted to have a little "tiara" at the meeting. And Sofia thought that it was so cute!
At the photo Sofia with Olivia Cullberg
Samarbete med Project Playground | Kurera.se

Linda Cullberg Lampenius has performed many times for the swedish royal family, she has also performed at the "Music at the Royal Palace" -serie. She will play at that serie again on 1st October. The latest performance for king Carl Gustaf and queen Silvia was at World Water Week Prizes. Linda has also played in Monaco for prince Albert.
Old 10-19-2012, 10:58 AM
Imperial Majesty

Sofia Hellqvist this week according to Project Playground Twitter at the "Rinkeby school talking to the students about PPG's work and vision - Every child's right to be noticed"
Twitter / ProjPlayground: @ Rinkeby school talking to ...
Old 10-25-2012, 03:15 PM
Imperial Majesty

Sofia Hellqvist and Frida Vesterberg celebrating the second anniversary of their charity organization Project Playground, in Langa.
Image Upper.com - Free Image Hosting - View Image
Old 10-25-2012, 04:36 PM
Aristocracy

Quote:
Originally Posted by LadyFinn View Post
Sofia Hellqvist celebrating the second anniversary of their charity organization Project Playground, in Langa.
Image Upper.com - Free Image Hosting - View Image
This is far from being the best picture we have seen of SOfia IMO! It would be a bit long to go into details on why ..... Her way of reacting to the engagement of M&Ch?
Old 10-26-2012, 06:34 AM
Nobility

Oh please! It's just a picture of her and three other people smiling into a camera for a group picture because they celebrate their charity project. Nothing else. Don't make it into more than it is because you don't like Sofia.

I'm a firm supporter of fair chance's.
Use your chance, Sofia. You're doing a fine job so far.
Old 10-26-2012, 07:20 AM
Heir Presumptive

I wonder when her own engagement will be announced....
Old 10-26-2012, 08:34 AM
Nobility

I hope they'll wait until after Madeleine and Chris had their wedding, because I have a very bad feeling with another double engagement.

I'm a firm supporter of fair chance's.
Use your chance, Sofia. You're doing a fine job so far.
Old 10-29-2012, 01:16 AM
Imperial Majesty

Sofia Hellqvist at the celebrations of the second anniversary of Project Playground in Langa, Thursday 25th October.
http://1.bp.blogspot.com/-my2AlxOqKf...0/IMG_6699.JPG
Old 10-29-2012, 07:10 AM
Gentry

Quote:
Originally Posted by KitKat2006 View Post
I hope they'll wait until after Madeleine and Chris had their wedding, because I have a very bad feeling with another double engagement.
I have a bad feeling about Prince Carl Philip marrying Sofia Hellqvist.

I have had the non-pleasure of meeting her and I am not at all convinced she is sincere about her involvment in PP. She seemed more interested in promoting herself as future member of the Swedish Royal Family.

She sported all the bad signs; talking only to the "right" people, turning and smiling in the direction of the cameras and totally ignoring the "unimportant", like two little girls who asked very politely if they could have their picture taken with her.

In addition, her short speach (if you can call it a speach) did not have any substance, very affected to say the least.

Sorry but I am not buying her act.
Old 10-29-2012, 11:22 AM
Heir Presumptive

Thank you for sharing your observations,Thomasine.
I’m afraid that the photo currently chosen by Miss Hellqvist as her facebook profile pic with its ‘Strike the pose’ attitude might not exactly be suited to alleviate any reservations about her either:
http://s9.postimage.org/b70poat27/He...t_Facebook.jpg
Old 10-29-2012, 11:55 AM
Majesty

I don't know much about Sofia but I think it's obvious that Prince Carl Philip love this young lady and The King & Queen and the rest of the family is fond of her. I remember seeing Carl Philip & Sofia vacationing with their Majesties and Victoria & daniel and Madeleine seems to enjoy her company. I guess there's more to Sofia than her modeling.

I don't know if Carl Philip & Sofia will make it down the isle but if so, I hope they have a happy future together.

It can be very difficult trying to get a chance to know someone by looking in from the outside but I think it matters by getting to know a person by being in the inside. Carl Philip and his family and friends know Sofia on a much more personal bases and I think that is what matters.
Old 10-29-2012, 12:09 PM
Heir Apparent

I agree Dman. I also think it is possible that CP may be one of those men who goes from one long term relationship to another without feeling the need to ever walk down the aisle, which is a perfectly acceptable and rather enjoyable way to live ones life.
Old 10-29-2012, 12:20 PM
Majesty

I have read Sofia is now in Africa working on her charity.
Old 10-29-2012, 12:34 PM
Imperial Majesty

Quote:
Originally Posted by Dman View Post
I have read Sofia is now in Africa working on her charity.
Sofia went to Langa to attend the 2nd anniversary of Project Playground, she rarely visits Langa nowadays anymore. Frida Vesterberg is running the basic work.
Old 10-29-2012, 12:54 PM
Heir Presumptive
Royal Blogger

Does Sofia work with any other charities?

Tags
prince carl philip