The Royal Forums Coat of Arms

Go Back   The Royal Forums > Reigning Houses > Royal House of Sweden > Current Events Archive

Join The Royal Forums Today
Closed Thread
 
Thread Tools Search this Thread Display Modes
 
  #41  
Old 05-03-2012, 01:45 PM
Serene Highness
 
Join Date: Jan 2011
Location: City on islands, Sweden
Posts: 1,087
Quote:
Originally Posted by angieuk View Post
The big question is if he were first born what would happen with his choice of partner? Would he have to give up his succession rights?
If Carl Philip had been the heir to the throne his education and what was to be expected of him would have been very different and he would probably not have chosen the same kind of partner as he has done now. As for dating nude models, I remember reading that when the king still was a crown prince back in the late 1960:ies there were photos of him partying with a girl who was a nude model/soft porn star i Sweden.
__________________

__________________
  #42  
Old 05-03-2012, 02:29 PM
Duke of Marmalade's Avatar
Majesty
TRF Author
 
Join Date: May 2007
Location: Frankfurt am Main, Germany
Posts: 8,791

Prince Andrew didnt get away with Koo Stark.
__________________

__________________
  #43  
Old 05-03-2012, 04:12 PM
Marengo's Avatar
Administrator
Royal Blogger, TRF Author
 
Join Date: Aug 2004
Location: Amsterdam, Netherlands
Posts: 14,556
Quote:
Originally Posted by XeniaCasaraghi View Post
Of course they whine about that as well. Nothing Sofia will do will ever be good enough for people to stop judging her for her past. But as long as the people who actually matter have moved on I guess that is all that matters to her..
Although you claim that she is judged for her past, from what I read here it seems it is more that she is judged for her present: namely her relentless search for fame, her dodgy charity project etc. etc. Most here mind that much more than the soft pornography that she posed for.

Furthermore, since when is having criticism/doubts the same as whining?
__________________
TRF Rules and FAQ
  #44  
Old 05-03-2012, 04:17 PM
Heir Apparent
 
Join Date: Jun 2007
Location: Toronto (ON) & London (UK), Canada
Posts: 5,260
^^^^
You have peaked my curiosity. What is dodgy about her charity? Have there been allegations of financial mismanagement or misappropriation of funds?
__________________
  #45  
Old 05-03-2012, 05:40 PM
Boris's Avatar
Heir Presumptive
 
Join Date: Dec 2004
Location: Los Angeles, United States
Posts: 2,202
Quote:
Originally Posted by NGalitzine View Post
^^^^
You have peaked my curiosity. What is dodgy about her charity?
The funny thing is that history is being re-written by evoking the impression that Sofia H. has herself founded a rather important charity of her own as if she was a genuine philanthropist.
First of all, the South African ‚Project Playground’ is not her charity, but was founded by her friend and former model Frida Vesterberg; Sofia H. joined immediately after beginning to date Prince Carl Philip.
It’s a small organization with rooms in the Township Langa / South Africa with the purpose of providing (quote from their website) “after-school activities free of charge in Langa, where 300 kids today get the opportunity to play and engage in organized activities.”
Remarkably, the Swedish bank account given on pleas for donations for the charity was originally the private account of Sofia H., but later changed.
Also, the charity’s last major activity (apart from Sofia H. making appearances - though not in Langa / South Africa) was as far back as February this year and consisted of taking a few kids to (quote) “create art from junk cleared from the city’s beaches”, on the occasion of the Volvo Ocean Race, of which Prince Carl Philip is patron…
…and where Sofia H. was making an appearance indeed, mainly thanking her boyfriend in front of journalist's microphones.
Almost needless to say, Prince Carl Philip has since become Member of the Board of ‘Project Playground’.

By the way, for reasons probably best explicable to her tax advisor, Sofia Kristina Hellqvist already founded her own company reasonably called ‘SKH Agency’ (does this name indicate a trace of irony?), which in its company entry (Link: SKH Agency - Företagsinformation ) claims to have an office under a certain address but is not listed under said address (Link: Ratsit- Gratis upplysning på företag och privatpersoner ), and whose postal address happens to be none other than that of the villa bought by Prince Carl Philip recently, where Sofia H. is officially registered as well.
__________________
  #46  
Old 05-03-2012, 05:51 PM
Heir Apparent
 
Join Date: Jun 2007
Location: Toronto (ON) & London (UK), Canada
Posts: 5,260
So, in other words there is nothing wrong with the charity itself but some people have problems with Sofia being involved with /promoting a charity founded by a friend of hers.
__________________
  #47  
Old 05-04-2012, 12:05 AM
LadyFinn's Avatar
Imperial Majesty
 
Join Date: Jun 2007
Location: Southwest, Finland
Posts: 16,031
According to this blog, Carl Philip and Sofia flew to Zurich on 1st May.
defemblommorna - 1 Maj 2012
Carl Philip has his next work duty on 8th May, his last duty (besides his father's birthday) was on 18th April.
__________________
  #48  
Old 05-04-2012, 03:29 AM
Boris's Avatar
Heir Presumptive
 
Join Date: Dec 2004
Location: Los Angeles, United States
Posts: 2,202
Quote:
Originally Posted by NGalitzine View Post
So, in other words there is nothing wrong with the charity itself but some people have problems with Sofia being involved with /promoting a charity founded by a friend of hers.
No, I'd rather say that some people have problems to consider her getting involved in the charity as sincere and question the timing as well as the agenda behind the make over of Sofia Hellqvist in general.
__________________
  #49  
Old 05-04-2012, 03:54 AM
Duke of Marmalade's Avatar
Majesty
TRF Author
 
Join Date: May 2007
Location: Frankfurt am Main, Germany
Posts: 8,791
Quote:
Originally Posted by Boris View Post
The funny thing is that history is being re-written by evoking the impression that Sofia H. has herself founded a rather important charity of her own as if she was a genuine philanthropist.
First of all, the South African ‚Project Playground’ is not her charity, but was founded by her friend and former model Frida Vesterberg; Sofia H. joined immediately after beginning to date Prince Carl Philip.
It’s a small organization with rooms in the Township Langa / South Africa with the purpose of providing (quote from their website) “after-school activities free of charge in Langa, where 300 kids today get the opportunity to play and engage in organized activities.”
Remarkably, the Swedish bank account given on pleas for donations for the charity was originally the private account of Sofia H., but later changed.
Also, the charity’s last major activity (apart from Sofia H. making appearances - though not in Langa / South Africa) was as far back as February this year and consisted of taking a few kids to (quote) “create art from junk cleared from the city’s beaches”, on the occasion of the Volvo Ocean Race, of which Prince Carl Philip is patron…
…and where Sofia H. was making an appearance indeed, mainly thanking her boyfriend in front of journalist's microphones.
Almost needless to say, Prince Carl Philip has since become Member of the Board of ‘Project Playground’.

By the way, for reasons probably best explicable to her tax advisor, Sofia Kristina Hellqvist already founded her own company reasonably called ‘SKH Agency’ (does this name indicate a trace of irony?), which in its company entry (Link: SKH Agency - Företagsinformation ) claims to have an office under a certain address but is not listed under said address (Link: Ratsit- Gratis upplysning på företag och privatpersoner ), and whose postal address happens to be none other than that of the villa bought by Prince Carl Philip recently, where Sofia H. is officially registered as well.
Thanks for pointing out Boris - it says it all, doesnt it.
__________________
  #50  
Old 05-04-2012, 09:59 AM
Artemisia's Avatar
Heir Presumptive
Royal Blogger
 
Join Date: Feb 2012
Location: Yerevan, Armenia
Posts: 5,425
Boris, your post was very informative, as always.
However, I'm not sure I understand how it portrays Sofia negatively. She may or may not have been sincere with her first charity project; the timing certainly is a bit suspicious, but on the other hand she might have just wanted to turn her life around. I just would love to know what exactly she was expected to do when her relationship with Carl Philip became more or less serious to earn approval. The way I see it, she just tried to leave all the controversy behind and make a fresh start - and I don't blame her for that.

Again, I'm not seeking excuses for her. Everyone here will probably concede that she is not only an inappropriate Princess material, but probably would be considered undesirable by any parent. Nevertheless, I do believe people must be given a second chance. Just my opinion, of course.
  #51  
Old 05-04-2012, 11:11 AM
Marengo's Avatar
Administrator
Royal Blogger, TRF Author
 
Join Date: Aug 2004
Location: Amsterdam, Netherlands
Posts: 14,556
Well, lets say that she leaves the strong impression that it is more about project Sofia than project playground.

A fresh start by milking her status as girlfriend of prince CP (would the former Finnish president be seen with her otherwise?) is not quite the way IMHO. In all the years that I am watching royalty I have never ever seen anybody so brutally pushing herself in the spotlight. IMHO a better way to present herself would be to do as Mette-Marit, Daniël and all others did: be discrete, persue a study/carreer and keep your mouth shut! Instead this one uses every opportunity to present herself as Swedens spiced up version of mother Theresa and was even twittering about her dating the prince.
__________________
TRF Rules and FAQ
  #52  
Old 05-04-2012, 11:14 AM
Artemisia's Avatar
Heir Presumptive
Royal Blogger
 
Join Date: Feb 2012
Location: Yerevan, Armenia
Posts: 5,425
Quote:
Originally Posted by Marengo View Post
A fresh start by milking her status as girlfriend of prince CP (would the former Finnish president be seen with her otherwise?) is not quite the way IMHO. In all the years that I am watching royalty I have never ever seen anybody so brutally pushing herself in the spotlight. IMHO a better way to present herself would be like Mette-Marit, Daniël and all others did: be discrete, persue a study/carreer and keep your mouth shut!
Have no arguments with that; you put it quite well! Much as I try to like Sofia (on basis that people are innocent until proven guilty), I find the fact she often accompanies Carl Philip on official or semi-official events quite inappropriate.
  #53  
Old 05-07-2012, 03:21 AM
Courtier
 
Join Date: Apr 2006
Location: LONDON, United Kingdom
Posts: 795
I hope they announce a Royal Engagement this year. The sooner it is dealt with the better. He is not going to dump her, so might as well make it official and give the public time to get use to her.

What I would like to know is why all the photos were done in the first place. Was the reason ---- she needed money desperately?
__________________
  #54  
Old 05-07-2012, 05:17 AM
Lenora's Avatar
Heir Presumptive
 
Join Date: Nov 2010
Location: Riga, Latvia
Posts: 2,075
Quote:
Originally Posted by angieuk View Post
I hope they announce a Royal Engagement this year. The sooner it is dealt with the better. He is not going to dump her, so might as well make it official and give the public time to get use to her.

What I would like to know is why all the photos were done in the first place. Was the reason ---- she needed money desperately?
Sorry, but it doesn't seem she needed money in such a way, it was the easiest way to make money and she enjoyed it, she was born in a normal family, it was just her choice, I guess.
Anyway, now it's already her past and not present.
__________________
  #55  
Old 05-07-2012, 06:12 AM
Esmerelda's Avatar
Serene Highness
 
Join Date: Feb 2010
Location: London, United Kingdom
Posts: 1,215
Quote:
Originally Posted by angieuk
I hope they announce a Royal Engagement this year. The sooner it is dealt with the better. He is not going to dump her, so might as well make it official and give the public time to get use to her.

What I would like to know is why all the photos were done in the first place. Was the reason ---- she needed money desperately?
Nobody can know that they'll definitely not break up. As for the photos, there are other ways to make money even if you need it desperately.
__________________
  #56  
Old 05-07-2012, 07:00 AM
Marengo's Avatar
Administrator
Royal Blogger, TRF Author
 
Join Date: Aug 2004
Location: Amsterdam, Netherlands
Posts: 14,556
Well, she was 16 at the time of the first ones, no? How much money can you really need at that age? Esp. considering she still fell under her parents responsibility!
__________________
TRF Rules and FAQ
  #57  
Old 05-10-2012, 06:51 AM
principessa's Avatar
Heir Presumptive
 
Join Date: Jun 2006
Location: Schweinfurt, Germany
Posts: 2,664
Quote:
Originally Posted by angieuk View Post
I hope they announce a Royal Engagement this year. The sooner it is dealt with the better. He is not going to dump her, so might as well make it official and give the public time to get use to her.

What I would like to know is why all the photos were done in the first place. Was the reason ---- she needed money desperately?
What do you think about a double engagement of Carl Philip and Sofia and Madeleine and Chris?
__________________
I had a dream: Let's connect our thoughts together, than we have a mission, let's connect our feelings together, than we have a mood, let's connect our dreams together, than we have a vision and let's connect our mission, our mood and our vision together than we have a perfect life.
  #58  
Old 05-10-2012, 08:22 AM
Courtier
 
Join Date: Jul 2009
Location: Leitrim, Ireland
Posts: 579
Quote:
Originally Posted by principessa View Post
What do you think about a double engagement of Carl Philip and Sofia and Madeleine and Chris?
Would Sofia, given her alleged penchant for attention seeking, want to share the limelight with Madeleine. ?

Would Madeleine, given her alleged unfriendliness towards Sofia, share her big moment with her. ?
__________________
  #59  
Old 05-10-2012, 09:13 AM
KitKat2006's Avatar
Courtier
 
Join Date: Aug 2009
Location: Oldenburg, Germany
Posts: 552
To be honest, if I were Madeleine I would either be faster than CP and Sofia or wait until after they're married if CP and Sofia are faster with their official engagement. I think it wouldn't do her any good if she would announce another engagement in the shadow of an engagement of a sibling. She and Chris (or whoever she will marry if it won't be Chris) should have her very own special engagement with everything that follows.
__________________
Prejudice is opinion without judgement.
- Voltaire (1694 - 1778) -

I'm a firm supporter of fair chance's.
Use your chance, Sofia. You're doing a fine job so far.
  #60  
Old 05-10-2012, 09:16 AM
EIIR's Avatar
Heir Presumptive
 
Join Date: Apr 2011
Location: Somewhere, United Kingdom
Posts: 2,624
I suppose all of this depends on what Carl Philip intends to do with his life. Does he intend to be a full time working royal? Or does he want to get an actual job or set up his own business? If it's the latter, I can't see that there should be much problem with him marrying Sofia. If he's going to be a full time working royal, the question then becomes does she have what it takes to assist Carl Philip in representing the royal house and, ultimately, Sweden? Only those directly involved who know Sofia personally can make such a judgement.
__________________

__________________
Closed Thread

Tags
prince carl philip


Currently Active Users Viewing This Thread: 1 (0 members and 1 guests)
 
Thread Tools Search this Thread
Search this Thread:

Advanced Search
Display Modes

Posting Rules
You may not post new threads
You may not post replies
You may not post attachments
You may not edit your posts

BB code is On
Smilies are On
[IMG] code is On
HTML code is Off
Trackbacks are Off
Pingbacks are Off
Refbacks are Off


Similar Threads
Thread Thread Starter Forum Replies Last Post
Press Reports about Carl Philip and Sofia Hellqvist, Part 1: Jan. 2010 - April 2012 principessa Current Events Archive 2239 04-26-2012 05:14 AM




Popular Tags
abdication belgium birth brussels carl philip charlene chris o'neill crown prince frederik crown prince haakon crown princess mary crown princess mette-marit crown princess victoria current events engagement fashion genealogy grand duchess maria teresa grand duke henri hohenzollern infanta leonor infanta sofia jewellery jordan king carl xvi gustav king felipe king felipe vi king harald king juan carlos king philippe king willem-alexander luxembourg nobility official visit olympics ottoman pieter van vollenhoven president komorowski prince albert prince albert ii prince carl philip prince constantijn prince floris prince pieter-christiaan princess aimee princess anita princess beatrix princess charlene princess claire princess laurentien princess mabel princess margriet princess mary princess mary fashion queen letizia queen mathilde queen maxima queen rania queen silvia queen sofia royal royal fashion russia sofia hellqvist spain state visit sweden the hague visit wedding winter olympics 2014



All times are GMT -4. The time now is 06:24 PM.

Social Knowledge Networks

eXTReMe Tracker
Powered by vBulletin
Copyright ©2000 - 2014
Jelsoft Enterprises

Royal News Delivered to your Email!

You can get the latest Royal News right in your inbox.

unsusbcribe at anytime with one click

Close [X]