Press Reports about Carl Philip and Sofia Hellqvist, Part 2: April 2012 - June 2014

If you have answers, please help by responding to the unanswered posts.
Status
Not open for further replies.
The case of Camilla and Charles is totally irrelevant to Carl-Philip and Sofia. The reason so many concessions had to be made is because Camilla had been named as the other woman in Charles' divorce from a tremendously popular princess whose life ended in tragedy. The circumstances were extraordinary.

Sofia's case, much as people go on about it, is just not that big a deal. Posing half naked as a teenager is just not nearly as big a deal and certainly shouldn't mean shes unfit to be a member of the royal family. There's no reason on earth she shouldn't share his title if she marries him.

Also he doesn't need to be as hardworking as Charles and Haakon. Comparing the third in line to two heir apparents is hardly fair. Carl Philip will not be very important to the royal family once his sister has more children, and she ascends the throne. The future of the family does not lie with him.

Last edited:
I think Prince Carl Philip do a pretty good job as a working royal member of the royal family. He have his passion for racing but he also help out his parents a lot.

I too don't think Sofia's past photos is all that serious. I don't think Carl Philip is forcing anyone to liking Sofia, not even his family. I think his family has been given the chance to know her on a personal level and most likely like her for who she is and how much she make Carl Philip happy but not judging her.

Sofia's Project Playground had it's annual charity dinner and auction in Borås yesterday evening.
Sofia and the rest of PP ready for dinner, photo from PP Twitter
https://pbs.twimg.com/media/BE2uJvRCEAALKdG.jpg:large
Sofia with comedian Hasse Brontén, who worked as an auctioneer. They raised over one million SEK during the evening. Photo from Brontén's Instagram.
Photo by hassebronten • Instagram

That's fantastic they were able to raise some money for Project Playground. They seem to work very hard for this charity.

Sofia and Carl Philip in Borås yesterday
http://imageshack.us/a/img515/4729/sof0.jpg

From Borås Tidning
On Friday evening a million SEK was collected to the organization "Project Playground" at a charity auction at the Grand Hotel in Borås.

Behind the event was founder of Nelly, Jarno Vanhatapio, he arranged this charity auction for the second year in row.
- The existence of this power and the will to help in Borås, it's really cool. Last year we pulled more than 600 000 SEK, this year it was a million. It is absolutely crazy for a city like Borås, says Jarno Vanhatapio who is very involved in the project.

At the Grand in Borås was, in addition to a variety of industry leaders, founder Sofia Hellqvist, who also had Prince Carl Philip as her support.
In total about 90 guests were treated to a three course dinner and were entertained with songs of Shirley Clamp and humor of stand-up comedian Hasse Bronten.
- I along with Henry Reinert and shipping group Stena stood for dinner, so all money collected in full go to Project Playground, says Vanhatapio.
27 items were auctioned off, including autographed match jerseys and shoes from Zlatan Ibrahimovic, Lionel Messi and Cristiano Ronaldo.
- Then there was paintings and travels as well. It was a fantastic evening, said Jarno Vanhatapio.
Kunglig glans på gala i Borås

The whole gallery
Se bilder från välgörenhetsauktionen på First Hotel Grand! Foto: Tobias Guldstrand

Last edited:
Sofia and Carl Philip in Borås yesterday
http://imageshack.us/a/img515/4729/sof0.jpg

From Borås Tidning
On Friday evening a million SEK was collected to the organization "Project Playground" at a charity auction at the Grand Hotel in Borås.

Behind the event was founder of Nelly, Jarno Vanhatapio, he arranged this charity auction for the second year in row.
- The existence of this power and the will to help in Borås, it's really cool, he says. Last year we pulled more than 600 000 SEK, this year it was a million. It is absolutely crazy for a city like Borås, says Jarno Vanhatapio who is very involved in the project.

At the Grand in Borås was, in addition to a variety of industry leaders, founder Sofia Hellqvist, who also had Prince Carl Philip as her support.
In total about 90 guests were treated to a three course dinner and were entertained with songs of Shirley Clamp and humor of stand-up comedian Hasse Bronten.
- I along with Henry Reinert and shipping group Stena stood for dinner, so all money collected in full go to Project Playground, says Vanhatapio.
27 items were auctioned off, including autographed match jerseys and shoes from Zlatan Ibrahimovic, Lionel Messi and Cristiano Ronaldo.
- Then there was paintings and travels as well. It was a fantastic evening, said Jarno Vanhatapio.
Kunglig glans på gala i Borås

The whole gallery
Se bilder från välgörenhetsauktionen på First Hotel Grand! Foto: Tobias Guldstrand

Very nice picture of Sofia & Carl Philip. Looks like it was a beautiful evening and a great benefit for Project Playground.

Also he doesn't need to be as hardworking as Charles and Haakon. Comparing the third in line to two heir apparents is hardly fair. Carl Phillip will not be very important to the royal family once his sister has more children, and she ascends the throne. The future of the family does not lie with him.
In Sweden Carl Philip will always be compared to his grand-uncle prince Bertil when it comes to how much work he does for Sweden, when it comes to helping Swedish companies abroad, to make them noticed and able to sell their products. Prince Bertil was hard-working and did a lot of promotion for Sweden and worked with the Swedish Chamber of commerce. Carl Philip haven't done much of that kind of work, even if he has taken over some of prince Bertil's commitments, it's been things like preside over some boule tournaments and give the award to the "Chef of the Year", not very substantial events for Sweden.

As for being the third in line to the throne, well, I can't see Estelle starting to represent Sweden abroad in the next 17 years, so until she (and her future siblings) are old enough, Carl Philip should be doing his share of representation, and I don't mean royal weddings and such events, but things similar to what prince Bertil was doing, if he wants to remain a royal prince.
I think Prince Carl Philip do a pretty good job as a working royal member of the royal family. He have his passion for racing but he also help out his parents a lot.
He may help his parents, which is nice, but he doesn't do much for Sweden at large. Nor does he seem to be working 8 to 5, Monday to Friday with something that has to do with either of the two university educations he has, that he haven't had to pay any tuition fees for, fees paid by the Swedish tax-payers.

To me two of the duties of the royal family should be to give their country good publicity abroad and to help the industry to sell Swedish goods, if they don't manage or want to do that, then Sweden can as well become a republic.

If there will be an engagement then not before the wedding of Madeleine!

There could be definitely be an engagement before Madeleine and Chris's wedding next June.
Madeleine's first engagement (to Jonas Bergström) was announced in August 2009, and back then Victoria and Daniel were already engaged but not married yet.
Carl Philip and Sofia could do the same thing...

I just couldn't get over the hat and hairdo. It reminded me of when Carla Bruni met QU E II and wore what looked to be a nun's habit.

I really think there will be an engagement soon. It is a honour to have been situated like that !

If there is to be an engagement, it would be nice for it to be announced before Madeleine's wedding, so she can go as her fiancee's partner and be involved at that level, not just as an ordinary guest.

If there is to be an engagement, it would be nice for it to be announced before Madeleine's wedding, so she can go as her fiancee's partner and be involved at that level, not just as an ordinary guest.

Agreed, as it would only be fair to her! At the same time however, it might not be fair to Madeline and Chris as an engagement announcement within eight weeks of their wedding will take away from it. Just my two sense.

I can't see an engagement announcement taking anything away from the wedding. As for whether or not it happens, time will tell. :flowers:

I can't see an engagement announcement taking anything away from the wedding.
In the Swedish gossip magazines an engagement of Carl Philip and Sofia would be much more interesting to gossip about than the wedding of Madeleine and Chris, as the relationship between Carl Philip and Sofia is more "juicy" and it's easier for the magazines to get photos of them as they live in Sweden. A Sofia in a tiara at the front row at Madeleine's wedding would be a dream come true for the gossip mags, as they love to speculate about a rivalry between Madeleine and Sofia.

Last edited:
In the Swedish gossip magazines an engagement of Carl Philip and Sofia would be much more interesting to gossip about than the wedding of Madeleine and Chris, as the relationship between Carl Philip and Sofia is more "juicy" and it's easier for the magazines to get photos of them as they live in Sweden. A Sofia in a tiara at the front row at Madeleine's wedding would be a dream come true for the gossip mags.

This is where I am coming from. As much as it would be nice fir her to be his official "fiancé" at the wedding in many people's eyes -it's not at all fair to Madeline and Chris and I would hope that they have the best interest of the couple at heart. They have waited this long, I think they should wait a little longer.

It's only right if you ask me -its Madeline's day and no one else's!!!!

In the Swedish gossip magazines an engagement of Carl Philip and Sofia would be much more interesting to gossip about than the wedding of Madeleine and Chris, as the relationship between Carl Philip and Sofia is more "juicy" and it's easier for the magazines to get photos of them as they live in Sweden. A Sofia in a tiara at the front row at Madeleine's wedding would be a dream come true for the gossip mags, as they love to speculate about a rivalry between Madeleine and Sofia.

Thanks, Meraude. :flowers: I get it now.

In this second photo, she's seated with the family:
http://media.shootitlive.com/TiUU2LODTFUVqsjKiPcyA0UFoMw/1200.jpg?project_id=expressen/892

I think she was moved from the other guest and was seated with the family. In the first picture, she's seated with the other guest at the funeral.

how do you know these people are family? In the list of funeral participants (thank you!:flowers:), poor ....(I have already forgotten her name) was recognized as an 'other' along with the florist and princess lilian's hairdresser. Seriously annoying, if I were Prince Carl Phillip, so that the next few weeks will be interesting indeed. In a similar case with Prince Charles and Camilla, the two were engaged within the month. Really, seating is everything and I somehow doubt that the Bernadotte's have opened ranks here:whistling:

Seriously annoying, if I were Prince Carl Phillip, so that the next few weeks will be interesting indeed. In a similar case with Prince Charles and Camilla, the two were engaged within the month. Really, seating is everything and I somehow doubt that the Bernadotte's have opened ranks here:whistling:

Please elaborate, as I would like to understand what you are trying to say in regards to ""other" and seating. Thanks.

how do you know these people are family?
The lady in front of Sofia is the countess Marianne Bernadotte af Wisborg, the sister-in-law of princess Lilian, who was seated in the second row together with the king's sisters. I do not know who the two persons seated beside Sofia are, but when leaving the church Sofia walked out together with the Magnusson brothers.
Please elaborate, as I would like to understand what you are trying to say in regards to ""other" and seating. Thanks.
Sofia is listed as Fröken Sofia Hellqvist in the end of the list of guests at the funeral of princess Lilian, among "Other guests", http://www.kungahuset.se/download/18.4ea495e313c19c119aa370d/N%C3%A4rvarande+vid+begravningsgudsj%C3%A4nst+f%C3%B6r+Prinsessan+Lilian+16+mars+2013.pdf , after the members of the royal family, representatives for the official Sweden, and personal friends of the princess.

Last edited:
In the second photo here:
MYROYALS &HOLLYWOOD FASH

You can see Sofia sitting in the third row. She's right behind the royal family. I was actually surprised to see her sitting there because I thought she was be with the other guest.

I think her close presence at the funeral was very significant and I think an announcement is now in the cards.

In this second photo, she's seated with the family:
http://media.shootitlive.com/TiUU2LODTFUVqsjKiPcyA0UFoMw/1200.jpg?project_id=expressen/892

I think she was moved from the other guest and was seated with the family. In the first picture, she's seated with the other guest at the funeral.
the first photo is from when the guests are waiting to be able to proceed to their seats. The woman in front of her is Bettina Bernadotte and she was seated with the extended family as well.

I can't see an engagement announcement taking anything away from the wedding. As for whether or not it happens, time will tell. :flowers:

I would find it very strange if the engagement would happen before the wedding of Madeleine and Chris, would the court really want all the scandalous publicity shadow the wedding? I'm quite sure that at least the foreign press would publish all the photos of Sofia they can dig out.

The woman next to Sofia is Monica Bonde, the adopted daughter of the late count Carl Johan Bernadotte, the uncle of the king. She is a journalist at Svensk Damtidning, which is a great supporter of Sofia by publishing a lot of sugary stories of her. According one forum the man beside Sofia is Fredrik Diterle, the boyfriend of Hélène Silfverschiöld, the youngest daughter of princess Désirée. He was at the guest list and Hélène sat at the same row beside Victor Magnuson, the son of princess Christina.
http://media.shootitlive.com/XDpLgmfD9cU1rPZXoRVslLZLYGK/1200.jpg?project_id=expressen/892

Last edited:
This is where I am coming from. As much as it would be nice fir her to be his official "fiancé" at the wedding in many people's eyes -it's not at all fair to Madeline and Chris and I would hope that they have the best interest of the couple at heart. They have waited this long, I think they should wait a little longer.

It's only right if you ask me -its Madeline's day and no one else's!!!![/QUOTE]

That´s right, all eyes should (and certainly will be ) on the bride and the groom!
Additionally I wanted to say that I like how Sophia has changed her attire to more elegant,princess-like robes and designs,the pillbox hat she was wearing at Lilian´s funeral reminded me of Jacqueline Kennedy who loved such hats (Carla Bruni and many other had try to emulate JK as well!)

The lady in front of Sofia is the countess Marianne Bernadotte af Wisborg, the sister-in-law of princess Lilian, who was seated in the second row together with the king's sisters. I do not know who the two persons seated beside Sofia are, but when leaving the church Sofia walked out together with the Magnusson brothers.
The lady next to Sofia is Monica Bonde, the adopted daughter of the late Cpunt Carl Johan Bernadotte asf Wisborg.

At what point, are there limits?

I'm getting tired of seeing smart, hardworking women bypassed in favor of these women and are there women out there who don't have gross, tawdry pasts? Are there no women in the royal/aristocratic world good enough for CP?

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back
Top Bottom