The Royal Forums Coat of Arms

Go Back   The Royal Forums > Reigning Houses > Royal House of Sweden > Current Events Archive

Join The Royal Forums Today
Closed Thread

Old 08-22-2012, 03:43 PM
Courtier

Quote:
Originally Posted by tommy100 View Post
I think it varies country to country. In the uk there is only ever one count of X like here is only one duke of Cambridge, one earl of Wessex, one duke of Westminster at any one time and when the person holding that titles dies it goes to their son and so on. However in some countries several people hold the same title at any one time, for example in Luxembourg the main royals hold the title Prince/ Princess of Luxembourg, their children hold the title Prince of Nassau and then all of their children hold the title Count of Nassau, that means all of their children not just one. Likewise in The Netherlands the children of the Queens younger two sons all hold the title Count/ Countess of Orange-Nassau at the same time.
It seems different countries have different rules about how many people hold titles at the same time but I've only noticed it really with the title count/ countess
Thanks a million, tommy100. You explained that perfectly for me.

Yes, living next door to the UK, I would be more in tune with the idea of one Count, Duke, Earl etc. of X. That was why I found the notion of more than one at the same time as unusual.

Old 08-26-2012, 04:23 AM
Courtier

If they do marry? I don't see an Engagement coming this year?

But if they do marry will her title be PRINCESS or DUCHESS?

Or would a different NEW Title be available?

HRH etc.

Old 08-26-2012, 05:20 AM
Super Moderator
Royal Blogger

Quote:
Originally Posted by angieuk View Post
If they do marry? I don't see an Engagement coming this year?

But if they do marry will her title be PRINCESS or DUCHESS?

Or would a different NEW Title be available?

HRH etc.
As there's no news,lets wait and see what happens,anything else is just speculation.
Old 08-26-2012, 04:09 PM
Aristocracy

Quote "Monarchies are in their very nature conservative institutions adhering to conservative and traditional values.
Having a princess who has repeatedly, not just once, repeatedly, posed in the buff is a big minus.
Having a princess who has appeared in reality shows is also a big minus."

I fully agree!
Pictures or videos in large numbers about a controversial life part is the worst situation for celebrities. If we compare the cases of Carla or Sofia, I find the situation much worse for Sofia. There are only a few pics of Carla naked, and can be seen as involving some artistic features. While if you type the name of Sofia in full on Youtube, you get a dozen of videos, each more provocative than the other.
Carla has a recognized international career as a top model working for leading fashion designers, and had no need at all to marry the president to ensure her subsistence. Nothing similar for Sofia.
Old 09-01-2012, 02:19 AM
Imperial Majesty

Sofia with her sister Lina and Frida Vesterberg, who runs Project Playground in South Africa. Photo taken a few days ago in Stockholm, Frida has come to visit home.
http://img850.imageshack.us/img850/2391/girsls.jpg

Project Playground in cooperation with Svea Vaccin
Sofia, Lina and Frida
http://p.twimg.com/A1i74wiCQAAzjop.jpg:large
Old 09-01-2012, 04:01 AM
Heir Presumptive

These pix make me wonder, if she does marry CP, will the couriers or whoever make her get her teeth fixed.
Jaqueline Bouvier Kennedy, September 12, 1953
Countess Stephanie of Belgium October 20, 2012
Old 09-01-2012, 04:40 AM
Heir Presumptive

Quote:
Originally Posted by XeniaCasaraghi
These pix make me wonder, if she does marry CP, will the couriers or whoever make her get her teeth fixed.
I think her teeth are really cute actually. The slight imperfection makes her good looks approachable.
Old 09-01-2012, 05:02 AM
Heir Apparent

Quote:
Originally Posted by XeniaCasaraghi View Post
I don't understand! What has her marrying CP got to do with getting her teeth "picket fenced"? Actually, I don't understand the American fixation with teeth at all!
Old 09-01-2012, 05:43 AM
Imperial Majesty

Sofia with Project Playground at Devise Regatta.
http://p.twimg.com/A1paSTfCMAAfqim.jpg:large
Old 09-01-2012, 06:04 AM
Heir Presumptive

Quote:
Originally Posted by HRHHermione View Post
I think her teeth are really cute actually. The slight imperfection makes her good looks approachable.
It's news to me that there has ever been a lack of approachability to Miss Hellqvist's looks...
Old 09-01-2012, 07:23 AM
Courtier

Quote:
Originally Posted by HRHHermione View Post
I don't find them cute but there are certainly worse teeth out there in the world. The teeth she already has work for her. No need to change them.
Old 09-01-2012, 07:30 AM
Super Moderator
Royal Blogger

Can we get back on topic,this is not a dental forum
Old 09-02-2012, 05:30 AM
Imperial Majesty

Sofia and Frida Vesterberg at Devise Sommar Regatta
Twitter / ProjPlayground: For exactly 2yrs ago we opened ...
Porject Playground got a cheque of about 12000 euros.
Old 09-05-2012, 11:55 AM
Imperial Majesty

"Sofia stunning in jeans"
Sofia Hellqvist edusti tyrmäävänä farkuissa - MTV3.fi - Viihde - Uutiset

"Sofia already like a princess"
Sofia Hellqvist macht schon einen auf Prinzessin! | Royal Girl - Yahoo! omg! Deutschland

"Sofia Hellqvist has similar hairdo than crown princess Mary"
Billed-Bladet - Sofia Hellqvist vælger samme frisure som kronprinsesse Mary
Old 09-05-2012, 12:03 PM
Majesty

I somehow get the feeling that Prince Carl Philip & Sofia Hellqvist are going to walk down the isle in the not too distant future.
Old 09-05-2012, 12:24 PM
Administrator
Royal Blogger, TRF Author

Well, her fans at the Swedish gossip magazines have been campaigning hard enough for it. Let's hope they will get married as soon as possible, just to get it over with. No need to strech this painful exersize any longer.

I will consider her royal status as a joke, though sadly the joke will be on us. How on earth can we take this whole thing seriously when such a woman, who seems to have no credentials at all, who has been white washing her past so actively (and with a lot of help) and who has spent the last decade to become a 'celeb' will be seen as an asset to the nation? The whole thing just shows that for many a monarchy is nothing more than an expensive real life soap.
Old 09-05-2012, 12:34 PM
Heir Presumptive
Royal Blogger

I have to confess having exactly the same feelings concerning the situation. The daily overly-sweet articles are really getting on my nerves and while I do think Carl Philip must marry whoever he loves, Sofia's royal status and potential role as a representative of Sweden is off putting.
Old 09-05-2012, 12:37 PM
Royal Highness

I have read once that British tent to say that having monarchy is the cheapest and the most entertainment soap opera, it only coat less that pound. I think that they have right, monarchy is not the same as decades ago.
Old 09-05-2012, 01:38 PM
Aristocracy

Quote:
Originally Posted by Marengo View Post
Well, her fans at the Swedish gossip magazines have been campaigning hard enough for it. Let's hope they will get married as soon as possible, just to get it over with. No need to strech this painful exersize any longer.

I will consider her royal status as a joke, though sadly the joke will be on us. How on earth can we take this whole thing seriously when such a woman, who seems to have no credentials at all, who has been white washing her past so actively (and with a lot of help) and who has spent the last decade to become a 'celeb' will be seen as an asset to the nation? The whole thing just shows that for many a monarchy is nothing more than an expensive real life soap.

seriously?? she poses in a bikini with a snake and everyone screams whore but prince harry is running around las vegas naked with strippers totally embarrassing the BRF and the queen .and he is viewed as a rascal gets his hair tossed and is told to run along and be a good boy.

i just dont get the irrational dislike of this poor girl by some on here yes she posed for some questionable pictures 7 years ago. she is not doing it now and making a fool out of herself like prince harry

Tags
prince carl philip