Press Reports about Carl Philip and Sofia Hellqvist, Part 2: April 2012 - June 2014

If you have answers, please help by responding to the unanswered posts.
Status
Not open for further replies.
the then Prince William of Wales.

He's still there you know, he hasn't gone anywhere.
I will continue to say that whilst I agree CP should be allowed to marry Sofia, he should step out of the limelight and fade into the back ground.

I will continue to say that whilst I agree CP should be allowed to marry Sofia, he should step out of the limelight and fade into the back ground.

I agree with you. But I'm sure that Sofia doesn't :eek:.
She seems really desparate to become a princess, and stepping out of the limelight is certainly the last thing she would want for herself and for CP. It seems to me that CP is absolutely prepared to fight for Sofia's acceptance as a royal.

Last edited:
At Aftonbladet Klick!
Therefore she has gotten tired
The witch hunt against Sofia
The mysterious wedding response of the Royal Court
http://gfx.aftonbladet-cdn.se/image/15750844/532/normal/7ead7cfc7676f/20121109kl5x001,kli_1.jpg

MTV3 quotes the article at Aftonbladet Klick!
Carl Philip and Sofia have been dating for years, so their wedding announcement has been waited for a long time. According to Klick! many royal experts were sure that Carl Philip will get engaged before Madeleine.
Madeleine told about her engagement a couple of weeks ago and the wedding will be next summer. In addition to the wedding the court has other celebrations, prince Daniel has his 40th birthday and king Carl Gustaf celebrates his 40 years on the throne. So, because all the celebration it his very unlikely, that also Carl Philip and Sofia would get married next year. However, the couple can take people by surprise.
- This is a hypothetic question. There isn't any rule about that there couldn't be even two royal weddings at the same year, Ulrika Näsholm from the court press department commented to Klick!

The media has many times written that Sofia is waiting anxiously for the proposal. Now Sofia has gotten tired of these speculations.
- The reportage about that Sofia is waiting desperately for the engagement, is an exaggeration. She and Carl Philip are living happily together, and don't stress for the future, Aftonbladet's royal expert Jenny Alexandersson says.
According to Klick! Sofia is upset because she is alleged to pressure the prince to the altar. The newspapers put all the time pressure with their writings because the couple has been dating for years and an engagement would be the next natural move.
Sofia Hellqvist kyllästynyt hääuteluihin – epätoivoisuus liioiteltua - MTV3.fi

At Aftonbladet Klick!
Therefore she has gotten tired
The witch hunt against Sofia
The mysterious wedding response of the Royal Court
http://gfx.aftonbladet-cdn.se/image/15750844/532/normal/7ead7cfc7676f/20121109kl5x001,kli_1.jpg

MTV3 quotes the article at Aftonbladet Klick!
Carl Philip and Sofia have been dating for years, so their wedding announcement has been waited for a long time. According to Klick! many royal experts were sure that Carl Philip will get engaged before Madeleine.
Madeleine told about her engagement a couple of weeks ago and the wedding will be next summer. In addition to the wedding the court has other celebrations, prince Daniel has his 40th birthday and king Carl Gustaf celebrates his 40 years on the throne. So, because all the celebration it his very unlikely, that also Carl Philip and Sofia would get married next year. However, the couple can take people by surprise.
- This is a hypothetic question. There isn't any rule about that there couldn't be even two royal weddings at the same year, Ulrika Näsholm from the court press department commented to Klick!

The media has many times written that Sofia is waiting anxiously for the proposal. Now Sofia has gotten tired of these speculations.
- The reportage about that Sofia is waiting desperately for the engagement, is an exaggeration. She and Carl Philip are living happily together, and don't stress for the future, Aftonbladet's royal expert Jenny Alexandersson says.
According to Klick! Sofia is upset because she is alleged to pressure the prince to the altar. The newspapers put all the time pressure with their writings because the couple has been dating for years and an engagement would be the next natural move.
Sofia Hellqvist kyllästynyt hääuteluihin – epätoivoisuus liioiteltua - MTV3.fi

This story now also at Aftonbladet's website.
Sofia Hellqvist less på bröllopshetsen | Klick! | Nöjesbladet | Aftonbladet

I nearly feel sorry for Sofia in these days, she looks like the big looser in the wedding game ...
Bye Bine

I nearly feel sorry for Sofia in these days, she looks like the big looser in the wedding game ...
Bye Bine

We don't know what is happening in their lives, we only know that the press writes. Since Madeleine and Carl Philip hardly have a double wedding, one of the was first to get engaged. It was Madeleine. We will see what is happening to Carl Philip and Sofia. Maybe they are satisfied with their lives like this they are living now - Carl Philip was almost ten years with Emma...

That's just what I meant, maybe Carl Philip doesn't want to get married.

Maybe they just want to get completely sure if marriage is what they want. And what would have happened if he had married Emma after 6 years? The split would have come anyway and a divorce would have been much worse than a simple break up.

Maybe they just want to get completely sure if marriage is what they want. And what would have happened if he had married Emma after 6 years? The split would have come anyway and a divorce would have been much worse than a simple break up.
After ten years of "perpetual courtship" it's normal that a boredom entered into their relation. If they had married after six years, they probably would have had a child already, or even two and their relationship would have more solid base.

I don't think she checked out how she looked from the back before she stepped out.

She looks no worse from behind than 85% of the population. Messy is in...not that I'm a fan of dressing this way.

After ten years of "perpetual courtship" it's normal that a boredom entered into their relation. If they had married after six years, they probably would have had a child already, or even two and their relationship would have more solid base.

Maybe you are right. But if you are not right there would have been also a child involved in a divorce drama. I'm a firm believer in "A child doesn't fix anything". So if there were boredom or little fights between them a child wouldn't have solved it. It just would have complicated everything.

She looks no worse from behind than 85% of the population. Messy is in...not that I'm a fan of dressing this way.

I disagree. I see 85% of the population looking very good from behind. And I don't see "messy being in". Maybe it's different where you live...

Maybe you are right. But if you are not right there would have been also a child involved in a divorce drama. I'm a firm believer in "A child doesn't fix anything". So if there were boredom or little fights between them a child wouldn't have solved it. It just would have complicated everything.
Maybe it wasn't boredom or fights that ended the relationship, perhaps Emma got tired of waiting for Carl Philip to grow up and decide if he wants to get married and have a family or not. As he's not the heir to the throne there is no pressure on him to marry and have a heir, he can wait as long as prince Albert of Monaco before getting married if he wants.

Perhaps Carl Philip's and Emms's relationship, just naturally ran its course?

Perhaps Carl Philip's and Emms's relationship, just naturally ran its course?
So you mean that the natural course of a relationship is that it ends after x years, instead of people trying to make a relationship work for the rest of their lives? For a relationship to work both parties have to have the same goal, to stay together and let the relationship evolve (for example getting married and have children), but if one was satisfied with how it's now and the other wants for it to evolve, then perhaps the natural course is that a relationship just lasts a couple of years.

At Svensk Damtidning this week:

Sofia's family: "There will be no wedding"
Sofia out in the cold
The royal couple satisfied with the situation

"You can read more about Prince Carl Philip's girlfriend Sofia Hellqvist and the deferred engagement. Why Sofia and Carl Philip wait? You will also know more about Sofia's own princess school".
Nytt nummer ute nu – Sofia ute i kylan Svensk Damtidning

I guess you will hear and read tons of stories about Prince Carl Philip & Sofia Hellqvist's 'engagement' since Madeleine got engaged so quickly and over Carl Philip.

How reliable is Svenskdamtidning?

I and some others have earlier told at this thread, that Svensk Damtidning is a pure gossip magazine nowadays, some years ago it was quite good, but not anymore. Of course they sometimes get right in their articles, but most times their articles are just pure gossip.

But it is interesting, if Sofia's family has indeed talked to Svensk Damtidning. I will see the magazine on Saturday at my market.

Last edited:
Maybe it wasn't boredom or fights that ended the relationship, perhaps Emma got tired of waiting for Carl Philip to grow up and decide if he wants to get married and have a family or not. As he's not the heir to the throne there is no pressure on him to marry and have a heir, he can wait as long as prince Albert of Monaco before getting married if he wants.
Perhaps we should not assume that it was Emma that ended the relationship. Emma's clashes with Q. Silvia was widely discussed since early on in their relationship and her attitude could in same cases be labelled "arrogant" or selfish.

To be honest I have always wondered about these rumoured clashes with Queen Silvia. Did they really happen ? And if yes what was the problem between these two ladies ? Just curious I admit.

I think it was the usual problem, back in those days the royal houses were far more arrogant than today, they have been humbled by reality.

Back then many boy/girlfriends were fought off because they were not deemed suitable or good enough but what came afterwards was much worse but couldnt be fought off any more because the son or daughter would not listen anymore and point to other royal houses that had already given in.

I read somewhere that only one from the Royal Family who didn't like Emma was Princess Victoria, not Queen Silvia.

Just because someone is deemed suitable for marriage doesn't really mean that they are. On paper someone might be or they come from the right background or family, but then when it comes to marriage it's an entirely different matter. How many marriages have been a disaster or unhappy because of this over the centuries.

I read somewhere that only one from the Royal Family who didn't like Emma was Princess Victoria, not Queen Silvia.

Emma was as a guest at the publishing of Victoria's and Daniel's wedding banns, and at the concert on 18th June, where Victoria and Daniel had invited a lot of those friends who weren't invited to the wedding.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back
Top Bottom