The Royal Forums Coat of Arms

Go Back   The Royal Forums > Reigning Houses > Royal House of Sweden > Current Events Archive

Join The Royal Forums Today
Closed Thread

Old 08-13-2012, 04:19 PM
Aristocracy

I thought the image of CP was already quite poor, but thought he is genuinely what we know, liking sport cars, limited inclination to work and study, play boy under the grip of an unsuitable women for a prince, but however "nice and honest guy" ! I found him improving with regard to involvement in duties.
Is this new unfortunate story revealing worse about him, as undesirable friends, like his father!? I don't think so. City criminality is unfortunately becoming quite widespread in France. If Le Baoli is known for attracting rich jetsetters, their customers might well occasionally get victims of some jaleous drunken guys. At 03.00hs dangers are around every corner. But I am surprised that Baoli did not have some gards at their gate; anyone could enter with whatever bad intentions, knowing that their are some VPIs inside?!

But I start doubting that he might like/accept a reasonable grown up life. Difficult to imagine Sofia as a mother!? Another newspaper article had as headline today : "it is time he grows up!".
not good at all for Swedish Royal family.
more about the place : www.lebaoli.com

Old 08-13-2012, 10:33 PM
Heir Presumptive

Quote:
Originally Posted by Kit View Post
They were showing the video-clip on German TV too. The interesting thing here is that at the beginning of the clip CP seems to start running towards the man as if to "attack" him. Afterwards he is shouting to him something like "slap, come on just slap me". The reporters think there is more to this story than the way the incident is presented in the official press release of the Swedish court. Don't know what to make of it to be honest.
Something to do with 3 am and nightclubs as a previous poster mentioned.
How embarrassing, and to then give an interview. My view of both of them has permanently tanked. I guess Victoria was the only child who was held to expectations.

Old 08-13-2012, 11:12 PM
Heir Apparent

I have to echo the others...nothing good happens outside of OR inside nightclubs at 3a.m.!

What a sordid mess.
Old 08-14-2012, 12:43 AM
Heir Presumptive

Quote:
Originally Posted by Moonmaiden23 View Post
I have to echo the others...nothing good happens outside of OR inside nightclubs at 3a.m.!

What a sordid mess.
They are called nightclubs because that is where you can go and dance after dinner. Nothing wrong with enjoying a night out with friends. Movie/theatre, dinner and later dancing. That is what nightlife is about and it is enjoyed by people all over the world, all socioeconomic groups and all ages. Unfortunately there are bad apples everywhere. You can get attacked on Main Street on a clear and sunny morning.
Old 08-14-2012, 01:41 AM
Heir Presumptive

Quote:
Originally Posted by Kit
They were showing the video-clip on German TV too. The interesting thing here is that at the beginning of the clip CP seems to start running towards the man as if to "attack" him. Afterwards he is shouting to him something like "slap, come on just slap me". The reporters think there is more to this story than the way the incident is presented in the official press release of the Swedish court. Don't know what to make of it to be honest.
Of course there's more to the story I think.. No matter how drunk a person is they don't just start attacking you! They either have been provoked or holding a vendetta against the person. Everyone thinks the attackers started the problem but what if it was Carl Philip who provoked them. I wonder...

Regardless, I can't believe he can't even throw a punch!
Old 08-14-2012, 03:03 AM
Majesty
TRF Author

CP is like his father and it shows more and more. He loves fast cars, fast life, party, cheap women (his father was intelligent enough to marry a classy woman though, something that CP is ok to miss out on since he wont be the monarch). I am not suprised to find him in suitations like these at all. Emma was a serious girl and she couldnt keep him from the lifestyle, Sofia is embracing all this so its likely to get worse in the future.
Old 08-14-2012, 04:13 AM
Royal Highness

When he was with Emma his 'image' was much better. Now, with Sofia he drives fast cars, fights with strangers, works a little. His behavior changed and I blame Sofia and her friends. I'm pretty sure that with other girlfriend he would be different person.
Old 08-14-2012, 04:29 AM
Imperial Majesty
Royal Blogger

Quote:
Originally Posted by agami.pearl
When he was with Emma his 'image' was much better. Now, with Sofia he drives fast cars, fights with strangers, works a little. His behavior changed and I blame Sofia and her friends. I'm pretty sure that with other girlfriend he would be different person.
That's a horrible thing to say and can you actually prove any of it? No.
He doesn't fight with strangers he got punched in a bar by a random drunk person. He's always liked fast cars and that kind of lifestyle, Emma probably tried to prevent him from doing things she didn't like. CP likes Sofia, Sofia likes CP - does any of that actually effect anybody in real life here? No.
Old 08-14-2012, 04:44 AM
Royal Highness

It doesn't effect us, but it effect SRF. If they'll marry and there will be referendum about future of monarchy in Sweden I won't be that sure that Victoria will be a queen.
I'm sorry but for me Sofia attention-seeker, trashy model, thank to her SRF is getting bad press around the world.
Old 08-14-2012, 04:46 AM
Imperial Majesty
Royal Blogger

Quote:
Originally Posted by agami.pearl View Post
It doesn't effect us, but it effect SRF. If they'll marry and there will be referendum about future of monarchy in Sweden I won't be that sure that Victoria will be a queen.
I'm sorry but for me Sofia attention-seeker, trashy model, thank to her SRF is getting bad press around the world.
I don't think just this relationship will cause the Swedish people to vote against the monarchy, this has just been the kicker. If they decide they don't want to monarchy, this isn't going to be the sole reason. Maybe they should have one now so CP can live in peace.
Old 08-14-2012, 05:28 AM
Aristocracy

Quote:
Originally Posted by Duke of Marmalade View Post
CP is like his father and it shows more and more. He loves fast cars, fast life, party, cheap women (his father was intelligent enough to marry a classy woman though, something that CP is ok to miss out on since he wont be the monarch). I am not suprised to find him in suitations like these at all. Emma was a serious girl and she couldnt keep him from the lifestyle, Sofia is embracing all this so its likely to get worse in the future.

I agree. Sofia is the worst choice.
Old 08-14-2012, 05:31 AM
Serene Highness

How long have they been dating....and why did he and his previous girlfriend split up after 10 years?

LaRae
Old 08-14-2012, 06:12 AM
Royal Highness

We heard about Sofia for a first time in January 2010. At first no one believed that this is true.
I don't know why he and Emma split. Maybe she wanted wedding and children and he wasn't ready. Pity cause she was really nice girl and whole SRF liked her a lot. I'm glad that she's happy now.
Old 08-14-2012, 06:19 AM
Heir Apparent

Quote:
I'm glad that she's happy now.
Probably her current partner is maturer, although not a Prince...
Old 08-14-2012, 07:45 AM
Heir Presumptive

Quote:
Originally Posted by Anne2 View Post
But I am surprised that Baoli did not have some gards at their gate; anyone could enter with whatever bad intentions, knowing that their are some VPIs inside?!
Actually, one of the men in the brawl grabbing Prince Carl Philip's neck happens to be a security guard - Stephane Reveillon, who works for the 'Baoli' club.
Swedish tabloid 'Expressen' interviewed Reveillon who states that the fight actually started when someone inside the club made derogatory comments about Sofia Hellqvist.
Link to article (google-translated):
Google Translate

While I couldn't care less who first starts a fight at some night club in the early morning hours, I continue to find the interview given by the Prince and his current girlfriend totally ill-advised.
If they hadn't deemed it appropriate to talk to a tabloid in order to state their utter innocence and bewilderment at being attacked, nobody would necessarily have felt the call to contradict them, and the whole story would have died down much sooner.
No idea whatever happened to those two very useful words 'No comment' at the Swedish Court.
Old 08-14-2012, 07:49 AM
Heir Presumptive

Sweden is probably one of the most liberal countries on Earth and has been for decades, maybe a century. Sophia will not be the downfall of the monarchy in Sweden. After all, the King is still the king and his reputation is none too pristine.
Old 08-14-2012, 08:55 AM
Heir Apparent

Quote:
Originally Posted by KittyAtlanta View Post
After all, the King is still the king and his reputation is none too pristine.
To what do you refer, exactly?

"Dressing is a way of life" - Monsieur Saint Laurent
Old 08-14-2012, 10:14 AM
Heir Apparent

Quote:
WOW. Did Sofia introduce him to autosports? Don't think so, it has been a passion for sometime now. Lets string him up by his heels anyway, just for the fun of it, along with every other male who enjoys autosports. We can blame it all on Sofia. He gets slugged by strangers outside of a bar at 3 in the morning. Shocking, Lets blame Sofia for that too, she probably hired the strangers just so she would get her name in the papers. Next I suppose Sofia will be held responsible for Sweden losing the gold medal in Handball.

Of course if you go back and read other threads about people who in recent years dated/married into royal families most if not all were considered unworthy to walk on the same street as their royal partners let alone think themselves good enough to be a potential marriage partner so none of this is exactly new.
Old 08-14-2012, 10:51 AM
Heir Presumptive

Quote:
Originally Posted by CrownPrincess5 View Post
Of course there's more to the story I think.. No matter how drunk a person is they don't just start attacking you! They either have been provoked or holding a vendetta against the person. Everyone thinks the attackers started the problem but what if it was Carl Philip who provoked them. I wonder...

Regardless, I can't believe he can't even throw a punch!
Yes they do. And if you are really un-lucky your can get shot.
Old 08-14-2012, 11:04 AM
Heir Presumptive

I simply don't understand this constant sniping about Prince Carl Philip and his life. He completed his education in Agricultural and Rural Management at the Swedish University of Agricultural Sciences in Alnarp. He is actively involved in the management of two farms, Stenhammar and Ökenäs. He is in a few days coming out with newly designed china. If you have ever been around designers you should know that designing and subsequently following the article throught the production process is lots of work and a long process.

Tags
prince carl philip