Press Reports about Carl Philip and Sofia Hellqvist, Part 2: April 2012 - June 2014

If you have answers, please help by responding to the unanswered posts.
Status
Not open for further replies.
doric44, if you believe that posing "in a bikini with a snake (...) 7 years ago" is all there is to the serious reservations regarding the Prince's girlfriend, then you are seriously ill-informed.
Maybe you'd like to check out the pages of this topic to find out a bit more about Sofia Hellqvist's résumé.

Boris said:
doric44, if you believe that posing "in a bikini with a snake (...) 7 years ago" is all there is to the serious reservations regarding the Prince's girlfriend, then you are seriously ill-informed.
Maybe you'd like to check out the pages of this topic to find out a bit more about Sofia Hellqvist's résumé.

I have I know her past. And so what? the past is the past.what has she done to embarrass the royal family or the prince since they began dating ?
has she continued to be a bikini model or pose naked ? Has she made a fool out of herself? All she has done is be a model girlfriend and companion.
And all I read on this thread is how terrible she is and certain people savage her on a weekly basis because of stuff she did 7-10 years ago

I have I know her past. And so what? the past is the past.what has she done to embarrass the royal family or the prince since they began dating ?
has she continued to be a bikini model or pose naked ? Has she made a fool out of herself? All she has done is be a model girlfriend and companion.
And all I read on this thread is how terrible she is and certain people savage her on a weekly basis because of stuff she did 7-10 years ago
Personally the past of a person doesn't matter for me, but the attitude of this person now.Sophia's past is not the main point here, but her egocentric attutude to get publicity and popularity in any situation and circle of people. All this PR around her is rather stupid and built on some occasional projects.
I don't remember Mette-Marrit to be self-egocentric, she has always been rather modest despite of everything. Sophia instead is ready to do anything only to be the star of the day.
I think if Sofia were more modest now, the people wouldn't remember her past actions at every moment.

Last edited:
DITTO! She's nothing but swine as far as I'm concerned. Even if they do get married, I don't see it lasting more than 5 years. He's going to see through her sooner or later.

It's always amazing to see how people in a forum think they know her better than the man who lives with her and loves her and most of all knows her personally because he has already seen and talked to her in real life despaid said forum people. Really, it's amazing!

It's also way more amazing to see that the same people don't get him enough credit to have more than two brain cells.

We don't know him and we don't know her. We definitely don't have a right to judge either of them or their relationship.

Sofia really impressed me with how she defended CP when he was being beaten up.

Last edited by a moderator:
Sofia and Frida Vesterberg visited on Wednesday one of the main sponsors of Project Playground, AC Milan. Here at the office of the football club:
http://pbs.twimg.com/media/A2xICGdCEAIFLwJ.jpg:large

Ambrosius Lundensis Vänner (Friends of Ambrosius Lundensis)and GloMedica Event organized yesterday evening a charity dinner/ball in Grand Hotel in Lund, Sweden. The people behind Ambrosius Lundensis Vänner and GloMedica are Ilka Anker and Christian Anker-Hansen. GloMedica is a sponsor of Sofia's Project Playground. Sofia and Project Playground talked about their work in the evening and all the proceeds were donated to Project Playground.
Photos from Project Playground Twitter
http://pbs.twimg.com/media/A22ofdwCQAA0BVn.jpg:large
http://pbs.twimg.com/media/A22r19gCIAAgaef.jpg:large
http://pbs.twimg.com/media/A22woFICIAI27bW.jpg:large

Please keep this discussion polite and civilised,any off topic posts or name calling will be deleted

If members have issues with posts please notify a Moderator .

Sofia looks lovely in the white dress.

I don't follow the SRF but Sophia really is a beautiful woman.

I think she's a beautiful too. I think if Prince Carl Philip really love this young lady that the media and others should at least give her a chance. Obviously there's much more to her than just her modeling past.

At Svensk Damtidning
Step by step, sophisticated Sofia
SDT1239_

Her dress-code really has dramatically changed...... very serious now.
Good for her..... it suits her much better than so much skin.
Bye Bine

She may receive royalties from her earlier modeling photos...or, perhaps her boyfriend treats her to a new outfit now and then. Nothing wrong with that.

I don't understand! What has her marrying CP got to do with getting her teeth "picket fenced"? Actually, I don't understand the American fixation with teeth at all! :argh:

Marg, you crack me up!!! Being an American, I can tell you that teeth are EVERYTHING. Americans bleach their teeth until they look fake, bodies are "perfected" with plastic surgery, implants; we suck the fat out of one body part and shoot it into another...it's endless. When a woman with natural beauty is discovered, and she is not well liked, something will be found. Poor Sophia has a gap. Sigh...

I'm hoping for a Christmas engagement.

Last edited:
Marg, you crack me up!!! Being an American, I can tell you that teeth are EVERYTHING. Americans bleach their teeth until they look fake, bodies are "perfected" with plastic surgery, implants; we suck the fat out of one body part and shoot it into another...it's endless. When a woman with natural beauty is discovered, and she is not well liked, something will be found. Poor Sophia has a gap. Sigh...

Lol, the things people do to themselves just scare me.

I wish Carl Philip & Sofia the best in whatever they do.

Agree with KittieAtlanta. For some people it's an obsession.

perhaps her boyfriend treats her to a new outfit now and then. Nothing wrong with that.
Then let's hope that he also has enough money saved to pay for a wedding, as I doubt that the Swedish tax-payers will want to pick up that bill, after all the expenses for crown princess Victoria's wedding.

I'm sure the money can be scraped up somewhere. Taxpayers (and I am one, but in the US) can riot, moan and complain about picking up the cost of C-P's (possible) wedding, but what will be done about it? Nothing, nada, zilch...

Would the taxpayer be so upset if he married someone else? I think not, this is about Sophia and nothing else.

Am I assuming correctly that this won't be a state wedding (if and when it occurs)?
If this is the case, Carl-Philip may want a smaller 'toned down' wedding anyway and thus cheaper wedding

If he marries Sofia (Shudders) than he can always follow the example of Prince Edward, Earl of Wessex. It was a low key family wedding (royal family style anyway), I believe the most the taxpayers paid were for the security in Windsor. And the Queen paid for the whole thing.

And I have always thought Sofia was pretty. It wasn't her looks I had a problem with. It was her apparent lack of judgement and apparent quest for fame that I question. If she had acknowledged the pictures (which she has) and had a low brow approach to being the girlfriend of the Prince of Sweden it would be one thing. And by low brow I mean, do your charity work but don't publicize it. Show up for family events (ie.a christening) but don't look like you are looking for the camera. Acknowledge that because you are the girlfriend and there is a natural curiosity about you, be cordial and smile but don't look like (at least that is how it appeared to me) that you are there for the camera. Do the Chris O'Neill thing. The day isn't about you.

Let your actions speak for themselves in a positive way.

But if she is in it for the long haul, we shall see.

If he marries Sofia (Shudders) than he can always follow the example of Prince Edward, Earl of Wessex. It was a low key family wedding (royal family style anyway), I believe the most the taxpayers paid were for the security in Windsor. And the Queen paid for the whole thing.

And I have always thought Sofia was pretty. It wasn't her looks I had a problem with. It was her apparent lack of judgement and apparent quest for fame that I question. If she had acknowledged the pictures (which she has) and had a low brow approach to being the girlfriend of the Prince of Sweden it would be one thing. And by low brow I mean, do your charity work but don't publicize it. Show up for family events (ie.a christening) but don't look like you are looking for the camera. Acknowledge that because you are the girlfriend and there is a natural curiosity about you, be cordial and smile but don't look like (at least that is how it appeared to me) that you are there for the camera. Do the Chris O'Neill thing. The day isn't about you.

Well said, I agree with everything you're saying.

Well, I think it's great that she's doing charity work but in order for her to help highlight the charity or charities she's involved with and for her to attract people to support the charity, it make sense for her to publically promote the charities that's close to her heart.

Since she's dating Prince Carl Philip, I'm sure Carl Philip and even the palace PR team have encouraged her to give a nice smile when she's being pictured attending an event. It's a good way for people to see that you're a nice person, it makes you look presentable and who in their right mind want a bad and grumpy picture of themselves plasted over magazines and newspapers.

If I was dating Princess Madeleine and I attended an charity event, socitey wedding or whatever, you better bet that I would put my best foot forward and give the photographers a nice and friendly smile. I see nothing wrong with that.

Well, I think it's great that she's doing charity work but in order for her to help highlight the charity or charities she's involved with and for her to attract people to support the charity, it make sense for her to publically promote the charities that's close to her heart.

Since she's dating Prince Carl Philip, I'm sure Carl Philip and even the palace PR team have encouraged her to give a nice smile when she's being pictured attending an event. It's a good way for people to see that you're a nice person, it makes you look presentable and who in their right mind want a bad and grumpy picture of themselves plasted over magazines and newspapers.

If I was dating Princess Madeleine and I attended an charity event, socitey wedding or whatever, you better bet that I would put my best foot forward and give the photographers a nice and friendly smile. I see nothing wrong with that.

If you read my post you will have noticed that I acknoweldged that you smile for the cameras and keep it that. For Sofia (and for Kate, and all the royal girlfriends) its a natural curiousity that all of the cameras and attention are gong to be focused on you or in this case Sofia. But if you look at the Christening pictures, this doesn't appear to be the case or at least for me. That is a big difference.

And I disagree to some extent regarding your example of bringing attention to your charity. Of course, each and every charity needs publicity in order to get donations to the cause and attention to a particular society ill that needs fixing. But there is a difference to bringing attention to a charity and actually doing something. Talk the talk and walk the walk.

Again maybe if it didn't appear that you are doing things for a personal gain people (or maybe just me) wouldn't question her sincerity in her charitable work. From the outside looking in, everything Sofia has done has been about bringing attention to Sofia. How can I advance Sofia?

Sofia is really a pretty girl..why feel the need to pose with a snake to become famous? Why appear on a reailty show...to become famous? Why announce on Social media of all things...who you are dating? And yes, I know regular people announce on Twitter that I am dating John Smith who works at the movie theater? Its the same but its not because of what.....her quest for fame.

Again maybe if it didn't appear that you are doing things for a personal gain people (or maybe just me) wouldn't question her sincerity in her charitable work. From the outside looking in, everything Sofia has done has been about bringing attention to Sofia. How can I advance Sofia?

Sofia is really a pretty girl..why feel the need to pose with a snake to become famous? Why appear on a reailty show...to become famous? Why announce on Social media of all things...who you are dating? And yes, I know regular people announce on Twitter that I am dating John Smith who works at the movie theater? Its the same but its not because of what.....her quest for fame.

Well said. I also fear that with the possible engagement Sweden may have their own Closer-scandal.

If you read my post you will have noticed that I acknoweldged that you smile for the cameras and keep it that. For Sofia (and for Kate, and all the royal girlfriends) its a natural curiousity that all of the cameras and attention are gong to be focused on you or in this case Sofia. But if you look at the Christening pictures, this doesn't appear to be the case or at least for me. That is a big difference.

And I disagree to some extent regarding your example of bringing attention to your charity. Of course, each and every charity needs publicity in order to get donations to the cause and attention to a particular society ill that needs fixing. But there is a difference to bringing attention to a charity and actually doing something. Talk the talk and walk the walk.

I really don't know that much about Sofia's career as a model but I do know that models often do crazy things and I do consider posing with a snake crazy but then again sometimes you do what you have to do to get ahead.

Well, some reality shows seem fun to young people. I wanted to join the show The Real World but I thought it was a bit too much for me so I didn't go there.

I'm not going to pretend I know Sofia was trying her best to seek fame or not but I'm just trying to point out that in some cases people just explore the world outside of their comfort zone. Some people try modeling, some folks join reality shows. Prince Carl Philip may see that there's more to her than just a young girl who appeared in a reality show and who posed with a snake.

I'm sure she work hard behind the scenes on her charity and not just show up to pose for an event.

As I said before, the best thing Sofia can do is try to put her best foor forward when she's in public. Give a nice smile to the camera, continue on supporting her charities and promoting it so others can lend their support. Be a nice and presentable young lady and that's about it.

It's natural that others will have different opnions about her but I do think it's important to remember that the only person that truly know her and what she's all about is her family, friends and her boyfriend, Prince Carl Philip.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back
Top Bottom