The Royal Forums Coat of Arms

Go Back   The Royal Forums > Reigning Houses > Royal House of Sweden > Current Events Archive

Join The Royal Forums Today
Closed Thread

Old 05-26-2012, 03:05 PM
Heir Presumptive

Quote:
Originally Posted by Duke of Marmalade

I agree - still, Chris looked something between mortified & embarrassed next to Sofia in 99% of the pictures, like "what did I get myself into".

Most people wouldnt have noticed he was present at all if he hadnt been assigend as walker to Ms Hello Camera.
Haha exactly! I thought I was the only one that noticed that!

Old 05-26-2012, 04:24 PM
Heir Presumptive

Why would a couple postpone the announcement of an engagement based on the fact that some foreign associate has also gotten engaged? If that were the rule then a single couple a year would only be allowed to be engaged.

Jaqueline Bouvier Kennedy, September 12, 1953
Countess Stephanie of Belgium October 20, 2012
Old 05-26-2012, 04:37 PM
Heir Apparent

Quote:
Originally Posted by XeniaCasaraghi View Post
Why would a couple postpone the announcement of an engagement based on the fact that some foreign associate has also gotten engaged? If that were the rule then a single couple a year would only be allowed to be engaged.
Exactly, and Guillaume wasn't so concerned since he announced his own engagement after his 2 Archducal cousins and will marry around the same time as at least one of them. I doubt any of them would be concerned about the abilities of German tabloids to keep up or if members of internet forums pay attention at all.
Old 05-26-2012, 04:41 PM
Super Moderator

Quote:
Originally Posted by Meraude View Post
I have to say that I hope both Carl Philip & Sofia and Madeleine & Chris will be polite and gracious enought wait until after the wedding of prince Guillaume of Luxembourg and Stéphanie de Lannoy to announce their engagements, the same way prince Albert of Monaco and Charlene Wittstock waited until after the wedding of Victoria and Daniel, as I fear that one or two Swedish engagements would take the shine off from the Luxembourg wedding when it comes to forum attention here and to media attention in some countries.
I think that would onyl be the case if an engagement would e announced in October or if they would have their Wedding in October (unlikely) or November/December also soon after the luxemburgian Wedding.
My guess is also that these Weddings would be smaller then the luxemburgian Wedding as they are only Nr. 3 and 4 in the line of succession.

Royal Travel and Events

Old 05-27-2012, 02:26 AM
Heir Apparent

Quote:
I have to say that I hope both Carl Philip & Sofia and Madeleine & Chris will be polite and gracious enought wait until after the wedding of prince Guillaume of Luxembourg and Stéphanie de Lannoy to announce their engagements, the same way prince Albert of Monaco and Charlene Wittstock waited until after the wedding of Victoria and Daniel, as I fear that one or two Swedish engagements would take the shine off from the Luxembourg wedding when it comes to forum attention here and to media attention in some countries.
HA!! I can assure you that the wedding of CP to this person would get media attention for all the wrong reasons...particularly here in the States.

I won't be one of them. In fact, I will be mentally blocking the entire thing out of my mind.

On the other hand, I am on pins and needles waiting for the wedding of HGD Guillaume and the young Comtesse de Lannoy. It promises to be the kind of Royal wedding that is right up my alley...an heir to the Throne is to marry an accomplished, dignified and gifted young woman. Someone who he not only loves, but who will be a credit to the Duchy, to, Belgium and to Luxembourg....and someone who his countrymen cannot see on the Internet tied up and half-naked, or spread eagled in the front seat of a car.

Imagine.
Old 05-27-2012, 02:32 AM
Serene Highness

Royal weddings in Sweden usually happens in June, it's probably the safest month weatherwise for a couple who wants a lavish wedding and to go by carriage through the streets of Stockholm, and I doubt that neither Madeleine or Sofia wants to miss something like that. A long engagement can be either good (Victoria) or bad (Madeleine) and I don't see why either couple should make a try for a yearlong engagement period. Traditionally Swedish royal engagements have been 3-4 months long and that gives the couple enough time to arrange the wedding, especially as the weddings would be smaller than Victoria's. I think the only ones who would love a long engagement period would be the Swedish gossip magazines, to get more copies sold.
Old 05-27-2012, 03:06 AM
Imperial Majesty

Many of the swedish royal experts think that Carl Philip and Madeleine will not get married in Stockholm, they will have smaller weddings on the countryside.
Old 05-27-2012, 03:33 AM
Nobility

Quote:
Originally Posted by LadyFinn
Many of the swedish royal experts think that Carl Philip and Madeleine will not get married in Stockholm, they will have smaller weddings on the countryside.
It's just speculations. These weddings will most likely take place in Stockholm. There was speculations that Madeleine and Jonas was first considering a wedding at Öland near the royal familys summer home but that the swedish security police (säpo) asked them to have the wedding in Stockholm because of security reasons.

I,ve heard from some sources that Carl Philip and Sofia is planning to marry next year at the royal palace church in Stockholm. But i'ts just rumours and speculations.
Old 05-27-2012, 04:34 AM
Heir Presumptive

Quote:
Originally Posted by LadyFinn View Post
Many of these so-called Swedish royal experts are Swedish tabloid writers - two capacities which over the past few years have apparently become mutually exclusive.

I'd be very surprised if any future wedding of Prince Carl Philip and Princess Madeleine would not take place in the beautiful Palace Church, whenever and to whomever this might be.
Old 05-27-2012, 04:49 AM
Imperial Majesty

Quote:
I don't see a reason for Carl Philip and/or Madeleine to wait after the wedding of Guillaume and Stephanie to get engaged. The press is writing about them even though they wouldn't get engaged. If Carl Philip and/or Madeleine want a summer wedding, they could be engaged rather long, but so was prince Albert... Even then they could bring their partners to the Nobel ceremony. And who knows, maybe Carl Philip and/or Madeleine likes a winter wedding?
Old 05-30-2012, 12:32 PM
Imperial Majesty

Svensk Damtidning: The engagement is really close now
SDT1223_
Old 05-31-2012, 02:30 PM
Imperial Majesty

Sofia at Project Playground Twitter - PPG at Habit Executive Forum dinner at Nobile.:
http://p.twimg.com/AuNfDTeCMAAhDiD.jpg:large
Old 06-02-2012, 05:12 AM
Imperial Majesty

Photo montage from Svensk Damtidning
http://img444.imageshack.us/img444/1741/cpst.jpg

Åsa Bönnelyche from Svensk Damtidning writes a very sugar story of Carl Philip and Sofia at the Valborg evening, how Sofia's friends are now Carl Philip's friends too and how they had a great time. Sofia calls Carl Philip as "Philip" and Carl Philip is a matured man, his sometimes so anxious glance and shy image is gone. With Sofia at his side, he looks forward to the future. The King has been a caring father and shows his support to his son in the choice of love, Sofia was invited to Estelle's baptism, that if anything proves that there will be Carl Philip and Sofia. - Everyone who meets her melts right away. She is a really cute and sweet girl with a heart at the right place. There is no evil in her and she is very talented, says a friend of the couple to Svensk Damtidning.
Old 06-03-2012, 08:05 AM
Administrator
Royal Blogger, TRF Author

Ah, how coincidental that he is only meeting her friends, and somehow pictures appear in the press. .

I don't know who is writing all these tabloid stories, but I think that even the author must need a bucket to get through the writing style and fabricated facts. Like most Swedish articles posted online, it seems very 'bimbo-esque' , worse than most taboids (save 'Frau mit Herz' perhaps ). They are writing about him as if he is still a teenager btw.
Old 06-03-2012, 08:07 AM
Administrator

Say what you want about Sofia but the pro Sofia angle is pretty on point. Maybe she work for the SRF PR office

Old 06-12-2012, 11:24 AM
Imperial Majesty

Sofia and her sister Lina yesterday at the Female Economist of the Year -Gala, a scholarship initiated by Sofia's mentor Barbro Ehnbom.
Sofia Hellqvist senaste | kungligamodebloggen
http://kungligamodebloggen.svenskdam...6/Bild-510.png

Female Economist of the Year - the well-renowned Scholarship at SSE

Sofia was talking with Margareta Heed, the gossip reporter of Svensk Damtidning. Interview will be at the next issue of SvenskDam.
Härligt snack med Sofia Hellqvist | Vimmelprinsessan
Google translation

Sofia's mentor Barbro Ehnbom with the project manager of the gala.
http://vimmelprinsessan.svenskdam.se...rbroEhnbom.jpg
Old 06-14-2012, 12:19 PM
Imperial Majesty

Carl Philip and Sofia have been seen walking at Stureplan recently
Se bildene av svenskeprinsen på byen med Sofia - Prins Carl Philip på Stureplan med Sofia - MSN Kjendis

Magazine "S" writes that anyone who doubts if it is true love between Prince Carl Philip and his Sofia - can watch their photos of CP and Sofia in Gelleråsen at CP's racing weekend at the paper version of "S", one look tells it all.
Blicken som säger allt - Tidningen S
Google translation

"S" has also interviewed royal experts Johan T Lindwall, Roger Lundgren, Jenny Alexandersson, Sten Hedman and Daniel Nyhlén, and almost all of them think that CP and Sofia will get engaged first.
Madeleine bränd av otroheten - Tidningen S
Google translation
Old 06-14-2012, 04:33 PM
Administrator
Royal Blogger, TRF Author

Don't these Swedish tabloids have a more interesting angle than an article/interview each and every week about who will marry his/her 'true love' first? Some suggestions: research Sofia's charity, or Sofia's life in New York with a boyfriend twice her age.
Old 06-15-2012, 12:19 AM
Imperial Majesty

More photos of Carl Philip and Sofia at Stureplan, they were attending a party of Club Med.
IBL Bildbyrå

Carl Philip och Sofias mysiga sommarkväll | Svensk Damtidning

Bunte:
New Style: Sofia wants to look like Victoria
She steals Victoria's look! To be taken seriously, Carl Philip's girlfriend Sofia Hellqvist imitates the style of her possible sister-in-law by wearing similar clothes as Crown Princess Victoria.
Sofia Hellqvist: Neuer Style: Sie will wie Victoria aussehen! - BUNTE
Google translation
Old 06-17-2012, 05:24 AM
Imperial Majesty

From PurePeople
Le prince Carl Philip et Sofia Hellqvist en amoureux au coeur de Stockholm

Tags
prince carl philip