The Royal Forums Coat of Arms

Go Back   The Royal Forums > Reigning Houses > Royal House of Sweden > Current Events Archive

Join The Royal Forums Today
Closed Thread

Old 05-25-2012, 12:05 PM
Heir Apparent

Nice place, and certainly in much better condition than the farm he inherited.

Old 05-25-2012, 12:11 PM
Heir Presumptive

I don't think C-P "needs" them. But inheritances are just that and he shouldn't be bedeviled because he has three houses.

Old 05-25-2012, 12:12 PM
Heir Presumptive
Royal Blogger

Just one question: I've read somewhere Prince Carl Philip is expected to inherit Princess Lilian's Villa Solbacken in due course. Is that correct?
And if it is, what with the recently renovated farm, does he really need three pretty grand private residences?
Old 05-25-2012, 12:14 PM
Heir Apparent

I would sell the one he inherited, it is not exactly in the best of condition and looks as if it would require a lot of work to make it habitable.
Old 05-25-2012, 12:16 PM
Imperial Majesty

Quote:
Originally Posted by NGalitzine View Post
I would sell the one he inherited, it is not exactly in the best of condition and looks as if it would require a lot of work to make it habitable.
Carl Philip isn't allowed to sell the Ökenäs farm before he turns 40 years without a king's and queen's "extreme consent", according to the will.
Old 05-25-2012, 12:22 PM
Heir Apparent

Quote:
Originally Posted by LadyFinn View Post
Carl Philip isn't allowed to sell the Ökenäs farm before he turns 40 years without a king's and queen's "extreme consent", according to the will.
Not so long to wait, although without some work Okenas could fall down beforehand.
Old 05-25-2012, 12:26 PM
Heir Presumptive

Quote:
It used to require a lot of work - not anymore.
Prince Carl Philip has recently spent about half a million Euro (the estimate of 'Expressen' tabloid and thus most likely exaggerated) to renovate the Ökenäs farm. As he and his girlfriend have apparently been sighted there frequently, it's hard to tell if he's considering it as an investment or a place to keep after he turns forty.
That Stenhammar Palace and farm will be inherited by him is a given, and Princess Lilian herself has written in her memoirs that Villa Solbacken will go to Prince Carl Philip as well. Along with the Stockholm house bought last year, this would indeed add up to four residences.
Old 05-25-2012, 12:27 PM
Imperial Majesty

Quote:
Not so long to wait, although without some work Okenas could fall down beforehand.
Just a couple of weeks ago Expressen wrote that Carl Philip has renovated Ökenäs at least with 450 000 euros and that he and Sofia are spending a lot of time there.
Old 05-25-2012, 12:30 PM
Heir Apparent

Quote:
Originally Posted by Boris View Post
That Stenhammar Palace and farm will be inherited by him is a given, and Princess Lilian herself has written in her memoirs that Villa Solbacken will go to Prince Carl Philip as well. Along with the Stockholm house bought last year, this would indeed add up to four residences.
Well if you have your title as Crown Prince taken away from you real estate is always a nice compensation
Old 05-25-2012, 12:46 PM
Heir Presumptive

Quote:
Originally Posted by Meraude
Well, I wouldn't agree to that Silvia have perfect teeth, it's true that she doesn't have a gap between her front teeth, her gap is between the second and third tooth: http://gfx.dagbladet.no/labrador/217...ctive/480x.jpg

As for Sofia having a gap between her front teeth, there is not the same obsession in having a "perfect smile" in Sweden as there are in the U.S., a smile with imperfections are seen more as something charming. I have to say that I prefer the naturalness of Sofia's teeth than the artificial capped smile of many American celebrities. That Sofia have a gap and haven't wore braces was probably a choice she made for some reason, and not because of lack of money as all children in Sweden have the right to full dental care free of charge until the age of 19.
Silvia's teeth weren't perfect, but she still had a beautiful smile!. If you have full free dental care until 19, which is unheard of in the US, then I would take advantage of it.
Old 05-25-2012, 12:51 PM
Imperial Majesty

Carl Philip and Sofia on 30th April, when they were celebrating Valborg with Sofia's friends.
http://img844.imageshack.us/img844/689/cpswappu.jpg

Sofia when she was 14 years old.
http://www.aftonbladet.se/nyheter/article12411488.ab
Old 05-25-2012, 12:55 PM
Heir Presumptive

Wow she's really happy with her lot at the moment.. She can't stop smiling! Carl Philip is talking to her and I don't even think she's listening. "I'm with a prince! I'm with a prince!" is clearly written on her forehead.
Old 05-25-2012, 01:00 PM
Heir Presumptive
Royal Blogger

I admit, I really don't see that in this particular picture.
All I see is a couple walking hand in hand, and yes, very happy.
Old 05-25-2012, 01:03 PM
Heir Presumptive

Well, Sofia might be thinking "I'm with a prince, I'm with a prince." That's what I would be thinking if I were in her place, and so would most other women.

However, I don't see it, either. Should she be a glum, shrinking violet: no, I don't think so. I'd be enjoying myself in her position, FOR SURE!!!
Old 05-25-2012, 01:31 PM
Imperial Majesty

The fight about who gets engaged first and which newspaper and which royal expert is right, is tough at the swedish press.

At Aftonbladet Klick!
They were both invited to the christening. But Sofia is one step ahead of Chris in the fight about the way to the altar.
- She and Carl Philip will get engaged first, says a court expert to Klick!

Sofia will beat Madde
Therefore Chris and Princess are forced to wait!
http://gfx.aftonbladet-cdn.se/image/...1/etta0525.jpg
Old 05-25-2012, 01:41 PM
Nobility

How far are each of the farms from each other? And Lilian's house to Carl Philip's?
Is it known which property will Madaleine inherit? Where does she stay when she is in Sweden?
Old 05-25-2012, 01:53 PM
Heir Apparent

^^^^
Can you actually imagine Madeleine living on a farm?
Old 05-25-2012, 01:58 PM
Courtier

Never! Madeleine is the hip-appartement-in-a-big-city kind of girl.

Victoria on the other hand I can totally see living at a farm or a normal house with the famous white fence.

I'm a firm supporter of fair chance's.
Use your chance, Sofia. You're doing a fine job so far.
Old 05-25-2012, 02:07 PM
Heir Presumptive

Quote:
^^^^
Can you actually imagine Madeleine living on a farm?
Not in a million years!
Old 05-25-2012, 02:16 PM
Nobility

Well, the question should be can you see Sofia living in a farm?

Tags
prince carl philip