The Royal Forums Coat of Arms

Go Back   The Royal Forums > Reigning Houses > Royal House of Sweden > Current Events Archive

Join The Royal Forums Today
Closed Thread

Old 05-24-2012, 04:34 PM
Nobility

Quote:
Originally Posted by Meraude View Post
And what would worry me is how would Sofia behave after a divorce, or for that matter if Carl Philip breaks off their relationship without marrying her. Before her relationship with Carl Philip she very much wanted to become a celebrity, by for example taking part in a docu-soap, and I don't think her wishes for staying in the media attention will be less after a divorce/relationship breakdown. If the behaviour of Sarah, duchess of York, after her divorce have been considered less than suitable for a former member of a royal family, I fear Sofia would cause the same kind or worse headlines for the SRF. Wouldn't Playboy or similar magazines pay a hefty sum of money for a centerfold of a scantily dressed former royal?
Well, what are pre-nups for? Just insert clauses to be at the safe side. She would happyly sign all of them it that meant a "go" for the wedding.

Old 05-24-2012, 04:42 PM
Serene Highness

Quote:
Originally Posted by cmbruno View Post
Well, what are pre-nups for? Just insert clauses to be at the safe side. She would happyly sign all of them it that meant a "go" for the wedding.
Even if pre-nups are signed it doesn't mean that a person keeps them, if she feels she can gain more by breakning them than keeping them, there could be very little the SRF can do to force her to follow a pre-nup.

Old 05-24-2012, 04:44 PM
Heir Presumptive

I, too, think it is a bad camera angle. S. is not close enough to the gentleman and I think the motion is one that we all might make when walking, or she may have been on the downside of having waved at someone with her program.
Old 05-24-2012, 05:07 PM
Heir Presumptive

I hope when C-P/Sofia's engagement is announced that there are enough smelling salts to go around. LOL
Old 05-25-2012, 12:17 AM
Imperial Majesty

Sofia Hellqvist participated on Wednesday at Svenska Postkodlotteriet's event "Leadership for Human Rights", where one of the speakers was Desmond Tutu.
Norwegian royal expert Kjell Arne Totland says that Sofia has one ace on her sleeve: Sofia is almost an exact copy of Queen Silvia as a young woman, so it is perhaps not surprising that Carl Philip is madly in love.
Hun er nærmest en tro kopi av dronning Silvia - Kjendis
Google translation

I'm astonished that a royal expert can compare Sofia to queen Silvia. Queen Silvia was a stunning classic beauty when she was young. Sofia may be pretty but she is not even close to Silvia's beauty. And if Sofia wouldn't dye her hair, their similarity would be even less. Obviously Totland meant only the looks, because you can't compare the past of Sofia to the past of the queen, their education can't be compared, and surely not their behaviour... Sofia isn't like queen Silvia at all.
Old 05-25-2012, 12:32 AM
Heir Presumptive

Quote:
Originally Posted by LadyFinn
Sofia Hellqvist participated on Wednesday at Svenska Postkodlotteriet's event "Leadership for Human Rights", where one of the speakers was Desmond Tutu.
Norwegian royal expert Kjell Arne Totland says that Sofia has one ace on her sleeve: Sofia is almost an exact copy of Queen Silvia as a young woman, so it is perhaps not surprising that Carl Philip is madly in love.
Google translation

I'm astonished that a royal expert can compare Sofia to queen Silvia. Queen Silvia was a stunning classic beauty when she was young. Sofia may be pretty but she is not even close to Silvia's beauty. And if Sofia wouldn't dye her hair, their similarity would be even less. Obviously Totland meant only the looks, because you can't compare the past of Sofia to the past of the queen, their education can't be compared, and surely not their behaviour... Sofia isn't like queen Silvia at all.
I completely agree. Silvia was stunning when she married the King. Sofia is pretty, but not stunning. If it weren't for her physique and sexual allure she wouldn't be very attractive at all I think. I also think Silvia has a beautiful smile. I don't like Sofia's smile very much. Well it's a terrible comparison! If I were the Queen I'd be insulted for sure.
Old 05-25-2012, 12:34 AM
Heir Apparent

Quote:
Originally Posted by KittyAtlanta View Post
I hope when C-P/Sofia's engagement is announced that there are enough smelling salts to go around. LOL
They should perhaps alert the hospitals before the public announcement. Cardiac units may be overflowing.
Old 05-25-2012, 01:01 AM
Heir Presumptive

Quote:
Originally Posted by NGalitzine

They should perhaps alert the hospitals before the public announcement. Cardiac units may be overflowing.
Yup. There will be an unprecedented epidemic of an ailment commonly known as having the vapors.
Old 05-25-2012, 01:10 AM
Heir Apparent

Quote:
Originally Posted by LadyFinn View Post
Google translation

Oh God. I agree the only thing Sofia has in common with a young Silvia is dark hair...Silvia was a striking NATURAL beauty...with perfect teeth.

Stop the madness.
Old 05-25-2012, 01:54 AM
Serene Highness

Quote:
Originally Posted by Moonmaiden23 View Post
Silvia was a striking NATURAL beauty...with perfect teeth.
Well, I wouldn't agree to that Silvia have perfect teeth, it's true that she doesn't have a gap between her front teeth, her gap is between the second and third tooth: http://gfx.dagbladet.no/labrador/217...ctive/480x.jpg

As for Sofia having a gap between her front teeth, there is not the same obsession in having a "perfect smile" in Sweden as there are in the U.S., a smile with imperfections are seen more as something charming. I have to say that I prefer the naturalness of Sofia's teeth than the artificial capped smile of many American celebrities. That Sofia have a gap and haven't wore braces was probably a choice she made for some reason, and not because of lack of money as all children in Sweden have the right to full dental care free of charge until the age of 19.
Old 05-25-2012, 03:11 AM
Heir Presumptive

Quote:
Originally Posted by Meraude View Post
Well, I wouldn't agree to that Silvia have perfect teeth, it's true that she doesn't have a gap between her front teeth, her gap is between the second and third tooth: http://gfx.dagbladet.no/labrador/217...ctive/480x.jpg

As for Sofia having a gap between her front teeth, there is not the same obsession in having a "perfect smile" in Sweden as there are in the U.S., a smile with imperfections are seen more as something charming. I have to say that I prefer the naturalness of Sofia's teeth than the artificial capped smile of many American celebrities. That Sofia have a gap and haven't wore braces was probably a choice she made for some reason, and not because of lack of money as all children in Sweden have the right to full dental care free of charge until the age of 19.
I agree, I actually really like Sofia's smile. It reminds me of a character in a book I read last year and really liked- Anna and the French Kiss.
Old 05-25-2012, 03:57 AM
Heir Presumptive

Oh good gracious, Silvia was pretty possibly even cute but she was not some stunning beauty. I swear nostalgia warps peoples perceptions.
As for the shock of an engagement, I say let the people suffer & leave the smelling salt in the vaults.
Jaqueline Bouvier Kennedy, September 12, 1953
Countess Stephanie of Belgium October 20, 2012
Old 05-25-2012, 04:20 AM
Majesty
TRF Author

Lots of gossip mags are jumping on the bandwaggon that Sofia looks like young Silvia.
Carl Philip von Schweden: Seine Sofia sieht aus wie die junge Silvia - BUNTE

Sorry, but Sofia is far from being as pretty as Silvia, I am not going into detail here, but the worst to me is the fake black hair, the main reason why people are compairing at all. Maybe it was part of her strategy to get CP's attention because he fancies girls who look like his mother
Old 05-25-2012, 05:14 AM
Heir Presumptive

Quote:
Originally Posted by Duke of Marmalade View Post
Lots of gossip mags are jumping on the bandwaggon that Sofia looks like young Silvia.
Carl Philip von Schweden: Seine Sofia sieht aus wie die junge Silvia - BUNTE

Sorry, but Sofia is far from being as pretty as Silvia, I am not going into detail here, but the worst to me is the fake black hair, the main reason why people are compairing at all. Maybe it was part of her strategy to get CP's attention because he fancies girls who look like his mother
Rather mind-boggling, isn't it.

Beauty lies in the eye of the beholder, and in my eyes Silvia Sommerlath was a beauty indeed.
Besides physiognomy (and other minor details like a completed professional education, a career, class etc. -), one thing in particular comes to my mind that makes a crucial difference in any comparison:
Warmth.
Silvia Sommerlath:
http://s17.postimage.org/pz60rvv73/Screenshot_2.jpg
http://s13.postimage.org/gsj4qp87r/CH_01077_430x644.jpg
http://s14.postimage.org/vos8bwkxd/Screenshot_1.jpg
Old 05-25-2012, 06:05 AM
Heir Presumptive

Quote:
Originally Posted by Boris View Post
Rather mind-boggling, isn't it.

Beauty lies in the eye of the beholder, and in my eyes Silvia Sommerlath was a beauty indeed.
Besides physiognomy (and other minor details like a completed professional education, a career, class etc. -), one thing in particular comes to my mind that makes a crucial difference in any comparison:
Warmth.
Silvia Sommerlath:
http://s17.postimage.org/pz60rvv73/Screenshot_2.jpg
http://s13.postimage.org/gsj4qp87r/CH_01077_430x644.jpg
http://s14.postimage.org/vos8bwkxd/Screenshot_1.jpg

Boris, I agree with you
We can not compare Queen Silvia and Sofia.In all comparing Queen Silvia is better that Sofia.Queen Silvia always have natural beauty and charm .
I think publishing of this articles is just attract to attention to someone
Old 05-25-2012, 10:35 AM
Commoner

I'm not a big fan of Sofia eversince she started her campaign of being famous. I've tried giving her the benefit of doubt but time and time again she failed, miserably. No matter what others say that it's her past, now she's changed... Give me a break with that line. Just imagine the classless Jersey Shore cast marrying into a royal family. What scandal it would create, right? Imagine snooki or jwow cleaning up their act, and when they come visit you, you have to curtesy to them. are u sold on that idea?

Now talking bout Estelle's christening on Sofia. First of all, what's with the Cheshire cat smile? Only the proud parents wear that smile. The others, just a thin smile would do. You don't need to catch attention away from Estelle, ok Sofia?
Secondly, what's with the hair?!!! Why all the trouble perming it as tho it's your prom night? Uh please... Look at Victoria's hair. Swept back, nice side bun which doesn't scream "look at me!!!" Sofia's trouble to look good for the whole to see is just sickening.
Old 05-25-2012, 11:51 AM
Courtier

And again, whatever Sofia does isn't right. Can the girl even do something right in your eyes? Anything at all? Smile more, smile less? Looking or not looking? Speaking or not speaking? Working or not working? Hair blond, hair red, hair dark? Hair nicely done or in a simply bun (what a fauxpas it would have been to copy CPVs trademark hairdo, huh?)? Dress or Jeans & T-shirt? Charity yes, charity no? I don't think so. Because whatever she does would be wrong. This is so exhausting sometimes.

I'm a firm supporter of fair chance's.
Use your chance, Sofia. You're doing a fine job so far.
Old 05-25-2012, 11:59 AM
Heir Apparent

I agree KitKat, but it is frequently the way royal girlfriends are treated on these boards, even ones who have never posed nude or semi clothed have been called some pretty awful things. I think of it as the "why her, why not me" syndrome.
Old 05-25-2012, 12:02 PM
Imperial Majesty

Swedish press is speculating that the Stenhammar Castle could be Carl Philip's and Sofia's new home, the king has always hoped that Carl Philip would continue his work there.
Stenhammars slott – Carl Philips och Sofias nya hem? | Svensk Damtidning
Google translation
Old 05-25-2012, 12:05 PM
Gentry

Quote:
Originally Posted by LadyFinn View Post
Swedish press is speculating that the Stenhammar Castle could be Carl Philip's and Sofia's new home
very nice place!

Tags
prince carl philip