Press Reports about Carl Philip and Sofia Hellqvist, Part 1: Jan. 2010 - April 2012

If you have answers, please help by responding to the unanswered posts.
Status
Not open for further replies.
I really hope we will have a royal wedding here in Sweden before the end of the year ! ;)

IF there is an engagement, i say IF, before the baptism of Estelle then Sofia will be one of the godparents

When the press even calls her the perfect Princess (what a joke) than yeah, it´s IMO just a matter of time when they announce the engagement.
After her what will come now? Man, CP set the bar lower.

CP may have set the bar low, but it doesn't matter now. He's 3rd in line and I am sure that within the next two years there will be another child for Victoria and Daniel. I don't see them settling for one child.

That being the case, CP should should marry whomever he wants. Everyone is always saying that modern royals should marry for love, and CP is a modern royal.

IF there is an engagement, i say IF, before the baptism of Estelle then Sofia will be one of the godparents

I don't think that they would announce an engagement before the baptism. That would lead the focus more at the new engaged couple and not on the main person, Princess Estelle.

How to you pronounce Sofia's last name? I don't think Sofia looks too much like Victoria, but I noticed that both of them have a prominent chin.

Apologies if this has been discussed before but I read a while ago that CP and Sofia knew one another for about 18 years before they got together. ? Is this true. ? How did they become acquainted. ?

I don't know about the 18 years, but what I heard was, that CP and Sofia met each other and become acquainted when CP was still together with Emma. If I remember right it was something around 2 years before he and Emma broke up. But that's also just hearsay and could be right or completely wrong.

knew one another for about 18 years before they got together. ? Is this true. ? How did they become acquainted. ?

Do you mean 18 months? :ermm:
And there's 107 pages in this thread and somewhere it may say where/ how they met but I can't remember. :lol:

According to this article in Expressen, Carl Philip met Sofia for the first time in summer 2008 in Båstad. Carl Philip was there with his good friends. One afternoon he was at a cafe when Sofia Hellqvist suddenly appeared. She and Carl Philip were introduced to each other. Carl Philip continued with Emma Pernald to a holiday at St. Maxime.
Sofia became interested in charity work. Carl Philip and Emma separated at February 2009. According to Expressen, after Carl Philip and Emma broke up, Carl Philip called to Sofia. First they were just calling each other, but soon they started seeing eachother, by going to the movies and meeting eachother at the clubs, which were owned by trusted friends of Carl Philip.
Prins Carl Philips hemliga möten med Sofia Hellqvist | Extra | Expressen
Google translation

Last edited:
I don't know about the 18 years, but what I heard was, that CP and Sofia met each other and become acquainted when CP was still together with Emma. If I remember right it was something around 2 years before he and Emma broke up. But that's also just hearsay and could be right or completely wrong.

Thanks, KitKat :flowers: That would make a lot more sense than 18 years.

Do you mean 18 months? :ermm:
And there's 107 pages in this thread and somewhere it may say where/ how they met but I can't remember. :lol:

It sounds mental but it was 18 years. :lol: I must try and hunt down that article. I came across it on another forum about a year ago. I thought that it sounded really strange as I couldn't fathom how CP would have come into Sofia's orbit all those years ago.
I queried it on the forum at the time but no one had any information at all.

Whatever you think of Sofia, she does look lovely. :)
And yes, that's definitely a Mulberry bag; I have identical one in beige.

I don't think this video has been posted before; it features a very short interview with Sofia. I wish she chose not to talk to press - it's not doing her image any favours (from a link posted in LadyFinn's post)

Last edited:
According to this article in Expressen, Carl Philip met Sofia for the first time in summer 2008 in Båstad. Carl Philip was there with his good friends. One afternoon he was at a cafe when Sofia Hellqvist suddenly appeared. She and Carl Philip were introduced to each other. Carl Philip continued with Emma Pernald to a holiday at St. Maxime.
Sofia became interested in charity work. Carl Philip and Emma separated at February 2009. According to Expressen, after Carl Philip and Emma broke up, Carl Philip called to Sofia. First they were just calling each other, but soon they started seeing eachother, by going to the movies and meeting eachother at the clubs, which were owned by trusted friends of Carl Philip.
Prins Carl Philips hemliga möten med Sofia Hellqvist | Extra | Expressen
Google translation

That is great, LadyFinn. ! :flowers:

"Sofia appeared suddenly". Do I take it from that that she knew CP was there and so she turned up in the hope of running into him. ?

Or was the meeting completely accidental. ?

Was CP and Emma's split a shock or had there been problems in the relationship prior to Sofia appearing on the scene. ?

Was CP and Emma's split a shock or had there been problems in the relationship prior to Sofia appearing on the scene?

They have separeted (surprisingly for us forum users) on mutual agreement. The relationship didn't feel right for both anymore. First there was talk about just a little pause but they never went back to being a couple anymore. But if Sofia was the reason I don't know. She could be but at the same time she could have been stumbled into the picture purely coincidental. Nobody knows.

So attractive is one thing I can say. She looks evermore like a damsel and Princess. I'm glad to see her with family. There's no question why Phillip seeks her attention. You can see she's white and that there's purity to her halo. Keep on in Sweden Princess in the making. You are like stars revolving.

It seems more likely that Sofia showed up where he was in hopes that he would notice her rather than it being a chance meeting, although it may have been by chance. Who knows. The fact that she suddenly showed up is very suspicious though.

If it's true that he called her after he broke up with Emma , then she must have impressed him or made an impresson on him when he first met her.

Amazing the levels of delusion that can be found in the world! :ROFLMAO::ROFLMAO::ROFLMAO:

They have separeted (surprisingly for us forum users) on mutual agreement. The relationship didn't feel right for both anymore. First there was talk about just a little pause but they never went back to being a couple anymore. But if Sofia was the reason I don't know. She could be but at the same time she could have been stumbled into the picture purely coincidental. Nobody knows.

Thanks for that, KitKat. :flowers: It sounds as if the relationship had run its course. Given its longevity I'm glad that they didn't feel pressurised into getting married. As long as they are both happy .... :flowers:

According to magazine "S", Carl Philip and Sofia had dinner at the trendy Teatergrillen a while ago with Sofia´s friend, make up artist William Värnild from Make Up Store. A couple of boards further were two SÄPO guys. "S" thinks that Carl Philip gave a hint about the restaurant to his parents, because a couple of nights later the king and the queen were having a dinner there, after having seen Fanny and Alexander at Dramaten.

Last edited:
Svensk Damtidning has compared Madeleine and Sofia and thinks that they are more alike than different.
Here´s about the story at the paper version of SD:

1. Everyone is talking about them
Madeleine became world famous when she was born, people always follow royals, Sofia was an ordinary girl who herself found her way to publicity.
2. They both know what they want
Madeleine has always had her own will. Just that she moved to USA and began a new life, without compromising the royal privileges, is a sign of independence. It is challenging for a princess to dare to go against people's expectations. Sofia has made ​​a trip from a yellow wooden house to a princess life at the royal Djurgården. So she has always been goal-oriented. While her sisters took academic exams, thanked Sofia no to college, moved to the United States and became a waitress.
3. They have both been in love in New York
Madeleine lived first together with Jonas in New York. Now she is living together with Chris. Sofia has also experienced love in New York, by living with a divorced father.
4. They are both bosses at home
Madeleine lets herself hardly bullied, either by boyfriends or parents. Jonas got to know who was the one wearing the pants in that relationship. And eight years older Chris probably knows by now who's the boss at home. Sofia rules. "Carl Philip is a little more naive," says a close friend of SD. Sofia looks like a sweet fairy, but she is not a wimp!
5. They are both doing charity
6. Secret income
The court did not give any satisfactory response to in what extent apanage in relation to private money is used for the princess's livelihood. She receives no compensation for work in Childhood. Sofia - with what she lives by - her prince? If you work with charity, you give the money ...
8. They are artistic
Madeleine has a degree in art history at Stockholm University, and a great interest in decoration. Sofia was at a aesthetic program in Vansbro Learning Center. She studied dance and drama, and later worked as a yoga instructor and opened a yoga center in New York.
9. The troubles with ex´s
Madeleine - Not enough that Jonas betrayed her and the engagement was broken. He had the nerve to move in with Madeleine's friend Stephanie too! Princess lost two loved ones at the same time. Sofia - As Emma Pernald´s successor Sofia gets invited to the prince's friends' weddings and parties, also Emma is invited.
10. Same shade of brown
Madeleine has toned her blonde hair in a darker shade, now she dares to show her natural hair colour. Sofia has softened her dyed, raven hair slightly. Now she returns to her true colour and chestnut nuance breaks through. Maybe she has had some good advice of her stylist: "Less is more."
11. Mentors
Madeleine received advice and support of her mentor Lena Ramel, including education issues. Childhood´s Anna De Geer is her mentor in New York. Bertil Hult lends his private jet, moreover he is said to finance a little something of this and that good when the princess is in the U.S. Sofia has a mentor in businesswoman Barbro Ehnbom. Barbro has succeeded in establishing a network of exceptional contacts.

I think these kind of comparisons are stupid, and it isn´t easy for Madeleine to hear about these kind of stories, if she and Sofia aren´t friends with eachother.

Last edited:
Wow what a silly comparison! Well if they aren't friends ( which I'm pretty sure they're not IMO), Madeleine is surely strangling herself at this very minute.

Whatever you think of Sofia, she does look lovely. :)
And yes, that's definitely a Mulberry bag; I have identical one in beige.

I don't think this video has been posted before; it features a very short interview with Sofia. I wish she chose not to talk to press - it's not doing her image any favours (from a link posted in LadyFinn's post)

In the video - its very brief - she reminds me a bit of Queen Sylvia.

I'm also a romantic. I always think of the one 'left behind'. Is she okay? Was she 'in love' with him? Has she moved on? The might-have-beens - the if-onlys - and so it goes. He was with his previous girlfriend - Emma Pernald - a long time, a significant length of time. Kinda sad. There's something sad about it all - don't know why. :sad:

It seems to get more serious by day, doesn't it?
Spending Easter and/or Christmas with prospective in-laws - those are definitely steps in certain direction.

I wouldn't be surprised if an announcement of the engagement between Carl Philip and Sofia happened after Princess Estelle's christening in May.

It seems to get more serious by day, doesn't it?
Spending Easter and/or Christmas with prospective in-laws - those are definitely steps in certain direction.

There are press stories, maybe they are true, maybe not.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back
Top Bottom