Press Reports about Carl Philip and Sofia Hellqvist, Part 1: Jan. 2010 - April 2012

If you have answers, please help by responding to the unanswered posts.
Status
Not open for further replies.
I think Sofia is in the way to be Carl-Phillip's wife,Carl-Phillip has a quite weak personality,while Sofia is very obstinate in her goals.It's difficult for me to guess Queen Sylvia's real opinion on Sofia,but I am sure the Queen doesn't want any scandals or conflicts in the family.

We are living in 2011!

I would not really comment on Prince Carl-Philip's friends as more than friends right up until it's public announcements.

When Carl-Philip makes his choice, I hope that he, like the Crown Princess Victoria, follows her heart and marries for love.

I do not think that in 2011, one have the reason to upset by the tattoos and bikini pictures. To me it's turning the time back to an earlier century where it was deemed books after binder appearance rather than for what they contained. There are significantly different qualities that you should ask for when someone becomes a public figure - not least to be able to have the media at his heels around the clock.

I do think saying it's only about bikini pictures and tattoos is a gross oversimplication of the facts. If it was only that, I don't think anyone would have a problem with Sofia.

I agree with the poster who said that Carl Philip seems a very weak personality who has met an ambitious and determined young woman.

IF he marries her, I hope he finds her as compelling in 40 years when she won't look quite the same topless.

I am not optimistic it will even matter for the SRF at that point anyway.

Poor Queen Silvia, I feel for her.

Last edited:
I actually felt sorry for Carl Gustaf and Silvia...it was almost as if Carl Philip is forcing Sofia on them. I have a pretty good idea about how Silvia feels but if I were her I'd keep my opinions and feelings about the matter to myself and let Carl Philip live his own life. You can't protect someone forever...they have to fall down and make mistakes and hopefully learn from it.

Unlike the other princes, CP does have a weak personality and therefore it easier to take advantage of him.

Again, I hear a lot of assumptions about Carl Philip and his girlfriend but no proof.

Again, I hear a lot of assumptions about Carl Philip and his girlfriend but no proof.

What do you mean, by no proof? We have all seen the photos, which surely aren´t normal "princess material"? I don´t mean these tattoo photos from today. And a woman of class doesn´t have tattoos IMO.

I think the tattoos are a symptom of a bigger problem. I think they are gross and tacky on women, but if this was the only concern about this girl it wouldn't bother me.

There are so much negative attributes reported on Sofia, does she also have positive attributes? If Carl Philipp loves Sofia I am pleased for him and for them.

I don't think its fair to make a general statement about woman with tattoos. Really, that is just superficial.

And again, I think some are missing the general point its not about the bikini and the tattoo's. Its about the NAKED pictures (those are pics without the bikini), the reality show, etc. Its like a line from one of my favorite reality shows (actually I pretty much only watch the Bachelor/Bachelorette) these days....

It doesn't appear that Sofia is in the relationship with CP for the "right reasons". She is looking for fame. I believe that is the perception that many people have about Sofia.

I think this discussion has gone round and round with no end in sight. Again, Sofia can be a wonderful young woman, the relationship could run its course without marriage, if it appears that the relationship is getting too serious, the King might end this himself, etc. Who knows at this point.

Whatever happens...I hope they are both looking for love and both realize that their relationship is bigger than the two of them and can have consequences for the Swedish monarchy.

Well, the upper tatoo directly under the neck is a really bad place for evening robes :lol: :whistling:... and imho quite ugly.
The other one (much more beautiful one) will be invisible under most of the dresses. So yes, in case she will become Princess and may decide for a dress with plunging back neckline, we will see it :bang:. Unless she decides to remove it with laser.
BYe Bine

As a woman with tattoos I find it insulting that I apparently have no class because of them.
And what I mean by no proof is that in this thread I have seen no proof that she is a bad person or just using him for fame. People keep saying it but what proof is there? Taking named photos isn't something to be proud of and I do hope CP is just having fun; but in here there seems to be a lot of accusations and jumping to conclusions. Especially with people talking about CP being weak. Why does he have a weak temperament? What has he done to give such an impression?

Don´t judge the dog by the hair

I totally agree with Xenia Casiraghi and Principessa. In today's fashion includes tattoos and it's insulting to "judge the dog by the hair." It is equally foolish to believe that a painting can be valued by the framework, or the contents of a book by the binders.

Moreover, there are a number of posts in which members of the THF try to do everything from mind reading to psychological analysis without having any real depth knowledge of what relationships are and what they are.

For my part, I have lived long enough to understand that one can not judge. In the royal connection has repeatedly future royalty declared totally unfit for their previous lifestyle or other things. Although various forms of doomsday prophecies have, in most cases, gone very well.

What the gossip columns write about Count Carl-Filp Bernadotte's personal life is quite uninteresting, and only created to sell newspapers. When there's an announcement from the royal court around HRH Prince Carl-Philip also I comment it gladly.

There wouldn´t be much discussion, if we can´t speculate on the ground of the press articles...

And now also the proud mother of Sofia, Marie, has said that "she is very happy for her daughter". Aftonbladet Plus has interviewed Sofia´s parents, childhood friends and neighbours and everyone thinks that the image of Sofia at the media is not right at all...
Godkänd i racerfart | Nyheter | Aftonbladet

Last edited:
There wouldn´t be much discussion, if we can´t speculate on the ground of the press articles...

And now also the proud mother of Sofia, Marie, has said that "she is very happy for her daughter". Aftonbladet Plus has interviewed Sofia´s parents, childhood friends and neighbours and everyone thinks that the image of Sofia at the media is not right at all...
Godkänd i racerfart | Nyheter | Aftonbladet

Thats a shocker. Her friends standing up for her.

Atleast Daniels parents knew how to shut their mouths to the media. I forsee lots of gaffes ala Joe Biden from Sofias friends and relatives IF they get married

The problem is that I visit several Royal blogs. A couple of them are say...not as civil as TRF.

Several times I have resolved to become more impartial toward this lady...then i see a photo of her that literally shocks the hell out of me and jolts me back to reality..

What on Earth are the King and Queen thinking to allow this? Do they really see Sofia as one of the new faces of the monarchy??

I don't care what she is like inside frankly..she should go and find some old rich guy to latch onto.

But if she did that, she might miss out on her chance to become famous....

Last edited:
Royal blogs

Royal blogs are, at best, a blog recounting what somebody thinks about what this "someone" has a private view on. What will become of young people socializing, what parents think, what relatives and friends say - it remains speculation.

If, and I write if, there is a publication from the court with regard to Prince Carl-Philip, it does not necessarily mean that a companion to Carl-Philip get n royal title. Nor is it certain that Carl-Philip retain his title. Both the king and the government must, if so, give its approval.

I will wait to "think" anything. And above all, I judge not by the gossip columns.

What on Earth are the King and Queen thinking to allow this? Do they really see Sofia as one of the new faces of the monarchy??

Not sure whether the King can afford to "say something against her".... in these days .... :cool: .... given his past and the recent crisis the RF went through (or is still in the middle of it).... :whistling:.

Bye Bine

Regarding Sofia Hellqvist, I’m not much interested in unreliable gossip columns either; I’m interested in facts.
Fact is that when the young woman met the Prince, she had tried and failed since her early teenage years to become a successful model; she had tried and failed to gain some popularity by participating in a reality TV dating show; she had tried and failed to become famous as ‘Miss Slitz’; tried and failed to make it big in New York by posing in the nude.
After her return to Sweden, she had no job, no place of her own to live (she moved back to her parents), no fame, no fortune, and no particular future apart from having tried (and failed to finish) a training as a yoga teacher.
The only ambition she has shown in her life so far is to become famous – always a rather tragic issue if there’s no talent detectable which matches that ambition…
…unless you have the good luck to get the opportunity to become famous through association.
Enter the Prince.
I don’t care how sleazy her nude photos might be (they are), if she’s particularly educated or if anyone could ever take her seriously with a tiara on her head, but what I find most worrying is the obvious single-mindedness in her pursuit of becoming a celebrity.
This makes her different from any of the other ladies with a less than perfect 'past' who have married into Royal Houses over the past decade.
What used to be Miss Hellqvist's constant mission impossible over more than a decade has become mission almost accomplished now, strictly thanks to her status as royal girlfriend.
IMO, this (and not morals or issues of social class) is the most crucial and problematic aspect here.

Last edited:
Regarding Sofia Hellqvist, I’m not much interested in unreliable gossip columns either; I’m interested in facts.
Fact is that when the young woman met the Prince, she had tried and failed since her early teenage years to become a successful model; she had tried and failed to gain some popularity by participating in a reality TV dating show; she had tried and failed to become famous as ‘Miss Slitz’; tried and failed to make it big in New York by posing in the nude.
After her return to Sweden, she had no job, no place of her own to live (she moved back to her parents), no fame, no fortune, and no particular future apart from having tried (and failed to finish) a training as a yoga teacher.
The only ambition she has shown in her life so far is to become famous – always a rather tragic issue if there’s no talent detectable which matches that ambition…
…unless you have the good luck to get the opportunity to become famous through association.
Enter the Prince.
I don’t care how sleazy her nude photos might be (they are), if she’s particularly educated or if anyone could ever take her seriously with a tiara on her head, but what I find most worrying is the obvious single-mindedness in her pursuit of becoming a celebrity.
This makes her different from any of the other ladies with a less than perfect 'past' who have married into Royal Houses over the past decade.
What used to be Miss Hellqvist's constant mission impossible over more than a decade has become mission almost accomplished now, strictly thanks to her status as royal girlfriend.
IMO, this (and not morals or issues of social class) is the most crucial and problematic aspect here.
Well said, the best most concise statement so far on the reason why so many posters are skeptical of her! Thank you Boris!:flowers:

And whose fault is that?

How's her charity work coming along? Has she returned to "Africa" recently?
Has she sold many lipsticks?:whistling: And is the number for donations to her charity still her bank account?:whistling:

From Aftonbladet Klick!
So she became the Queen's new favourite
Sofia's coup for Silvia
The friends tells us how Hellqvist is - really!
Picture Special! Heavy smooch in front of the royal couple
Klick! reveals the secret plans
Aftonbladet Klick!

Last edited:
I get the feeling that if it comes to a wedding with a cortege through Stockholm, then they will be booed massivly. That is if the mood in the general Swedish situation is like the harsh mood in the commentaryfields of Aftonbladet, Expressen, svensk dam, Flashback, Royal forums every time new info Surface about Sofia and Carl-Philip. When Victoria married Daniel there were 2000 extra policemen in Stockholm, not enough for this couple

Remember that there are people who acts according to the mood of the society(when the new democratic party came into the parliament in 91 it was followed by people who thought it now was ok to burn mosques in Sweden) and might try to attack the couple the more is written about them.

When V and D dated they looked out the window to see if the coast was clear from photographers. CP and Sofia looks out of the window to see a reason to go out

When V and D dated they looked out the window to see if the coast was clear from photographers. CP and Sofia looks out of the window to see a reason to go out

A strong argument, but maybe true...

Facts and private opinions

The fact remains that too many can not distinguish between their private opinions on Sofia and what is the official. If, and I mean if, it becomes a public announcement regarding Prince Carl-Philip's official relationship with Sofia, one could imagine to discuss the basis of the facts as presented. Until then, so many things that is written is merely speculative. Just the same way as the speculation about how royals in other royal family spent time with commoners. When the royalty marries well have "for and against" almost completely different.

Fact is that Sofia Hellqvist is the daughter of Mr and Mrs Eric and Marie Hellqvist. At the age of five moved Hellqvist with his parents and two sisters from Täby the valley in Dalarna. She went aesthetic line in high school in Vansbro and then moved to Stockholm where she worked as a waitress and also started his modeling career.

When she was 20 years old, she did a modeling job for the magazine Slitz and was subsequently voted to Miss Slitz 2004, the magazine's readers. After that, she was invited to participate in the reality show Paradise Hotel 2005th Hellqvist stood up and came to the final.

After the reality show have been recorded, she moved to New York where she trained as a yoga teacher. Hellqvist then started a yoga center in Manhattan.

During September and October 2009 Hellqvist lived in Ghana, where she did volunteer work. Among other things, she visited an orphanage and helped build a women's center. Hellqvist says that this has been a long time dream and something that she wants to continue to engage.

Last edited:
The fact remains that too many can not distinguish between their private opinions on Sofia and what is the official. If, and I mean if, it becomes a public announcement regarding Prince Carl-Philip's official relationship with Sofia, one could imagine to discuss the basis of the facts as presented. Until then, so many things that is written is merely speculative. Just the same way as the speculation about how royals in other royal family spent time with commoners. When the royalty marries well have "for and against" almost completely different.

Fact is that Sofia Hellqvist is the daughter of Mr and Mrs Eric and Marie Hellqvist. At the age of five moved Hellqvist with his parents and two sisters from Täby the valley in Dalarna. She went aesthetic line in high school in Vansbro and then moved to Stockholm where she worked as a waitress and also started his modeling career.

When she was 20 years old, she did a modeling job for the magazine Slitz and was subsequently voted to Miss Slitz 2004, the magazine's readers. After that, she was invited to participate in the reality show Paradise Hotel 2005th Hellqvist stood up and came to the final.

After the reality show have been recorded, she moved to New York where she trained as a yoga teacher. Hellqvist then started a yoga center in Manhattan.

During September and October 2009 Hellqvist lived in Ghana, where she did volunteer work. Among other things, she visited an orphanage and helped build a women's center. Hellqvist says that this has been a long time dream and something that she wants to continue to engage.

Thats the propagandaversion. People that have seen her doing yoga say she isnt the best one to teach it.

I actually felt sorry for Carl Gustaf and Silvia...it was almost as if Carl Philip is forcing Sofia on them. I have a pretty good idea about how Silvia feels but if I were her I'd keep my opinions and feelings about the matter to myself and let Carl Philip live his own life. You can't protect someone forever...they have to fall down and make mistakes and hopefully learn from it.

Unlike the other princes, CP does have a weak personality and therefore it easier to take advantage of him.

Everyone involved in this entire situation are adults, are they not? No one can be forced upon anyone.

If CP really had a "weak personality" as you put it, then it makes your previous statement even more confusing, as it should be easy for the King and Queen to put their foot down and sway him from this relationship, should it not?

The problem is that I visit several Royal blogs. A couple of them are say...not as civil as TRF.

Several times I have resolved to become more impartial toward this lady...then i see a photo of her that literally shocks the hell out of me and jolts me back to reality..

I don't care what she is like inside frankly..she should go and find some old rich guy to latch onto.

But if she did that, she might miss out on her chance to become famous....

CP is an adult. The King and Queen really have no business in his love life. My parents do not get to allow me to do anything, and I'm years younger than CP.

I don't follow the Swedish Royals as closely as some others, so I don't know the full background of this girl, but realistically speaking the people on this board (and perhaps the press) seem to be taking exception to someone who seems to make CP happy and who his family doesn't have a problem with.

The King and Queen's only true course of action in this could be to demand (suggest, perhaps), that CP denounce his title, but even in doing that he is the only son of the current monarch and the only brother to the next Queen. He will still be associated with the monarchy either way.

Furthermore, I gather this relationship has had some sustainability, and Sofia has spent time with the family not only in Sweden but also abroad. If there were that much tension within the family concerning this relationship, would they really have invited her to Monaco or Paris? My family wouldn't. If they disapproved of a relationship that vehemently, then an invitation would not have been extended to the other person, it would simply be a "family" thing in which those who are not members of the family are not in attendance.

Again, the facts:
Sofia Hellqvist began modeling as a teenager, the first nude photo sessions of her were held when she was 16.
She never ‘started a yoga center in Manhattan’. While living there with her older boyfriend and his son, she started to train as a yoga teacher, gave some lessons in a yoga center, and didn’t finish her training. The full nude pics of her in front of the mirrors were taken three years ago during the time in New York.
Her involvement with the one charity she co-founded began after she met Prince Carl Philip.
‘Project Playground’ has the goal to find useful things for South African children to do in their leisure time… like dancing and playing. Last month, it has also started an initiative to fund money for hot school meals.
Sofia Hellqvist’s last charity work on record was the launch of a charity lip gloss at a party in Stockholm in November 2010, and a visit to the charity in early 2011.
By going on its website, everybody can form their own opinion of the charity, of its efficiency and professionalism – or the lack thereof:
— Project Playground

As for the yoga aspect, she never trained properly as a yoga teacher, but two months ago the Prince’s girlfriend was suddenly able to co-launch a yoga clothing business, called DOM / ‘Drop of Mindfulness’.
The website of the business, using pseudo new age philosophy to promote the sale of work out clothes:
Drop OF Mindfulness

I don't think anyone would care if this family didn't include a mom and dad who are king and queen of Sweden, and as such meant to be representatives for Sweden. The trappings that surround royal courts with their pageantry, pomp, history, and external displays thereof are the reasons they are still in power. The problem lies with members of royal houses living private lives while still expecting to be supported by their constituents. Even if CP doesn't get any money from the Swedish state, he is still receiving it from his father, or his properties which have been acquired b/c his father is the king. I don't know how much property (meaning land and other assets) belongs to the state and how much is private, but the fact remains they wouldn't have access to such property if CG wasn't the king. CP wants to have his cake and eat it too.

Last edited:
Status
Not open for further replies.
Back
Top Bottom