Press Reports about Carl Philip and Sofia Hellqvist, Part 1: Jan. 2010 - April 2012

If you have answers, please help by responding to the unanswered posts.
Status
Not open for further replies.
Prince hooks up with bikini model: reports - The Local

Johan T Lindwall writes, that the Queen and the King knew nothing about Carl Philip´s new love, before Expressen revealed it. Crown Princess Victoria has known for a long time, and she isn´t happy of it at all. Neither she nor Silvia think that Carl Philip has handled his new romance well.
According to Expressen's sources, the King and the Queen thought that Carl Philip and their favourite Emma Pernald would become engaged after Daniel and Victoria. Instead the couple broke up. Since then, both Victoria and Queen Silvia talked several times with Carl Philip of the importance of winning back Emma Pernald.
Victoria rasande på Carl Philip | Expressen

If this is true, what in the world is Carl Philip thinking? He can do better than a Z-list wannabe star. On one hand, I question if this whole thing is even real since there isn't ONE picture of the two of them together - surely there would be at least ONE. On the other hand though, when the Royal Court was asked about it, they said "no comment", which usually means the don't want to admit something's true.

Honestly, it's getting harder and harder to admire royal families these days because so many of them don't have much class anymore. There have been royals that have married divorcees or people who have already had children with somebody else. Royals that have married former drug users. Then there have been royals who get photographed falling out of clubs drunk or saying stupid things or behaving in general like idiots. Seriously, I sometimes understand why some countries get sick of supporting a monarchy if the people they're supporting aren't conducting themselves in a certain manner.
They're only human beings! they're not perfect and they can make mistakes but it does not mean that they are bad people! We all do some stuff that we're not proud of... I don't expect those people to be perfect in their personal lives as long as they behave good and make a good job in their functions

To be back on Carl Philip's lovelife, I guess he just wants to have fun after a 10 year relationship. It does not mean that he wants to marry that girl! of course I would have loved to see him back with Emma and they got engaged but it seems that both of them have moved on with their lives...It's sad because Emma was prettier and much more elegant than this girl but I'm pretty sure this won't be a serious relationship if they have a relationship...

Last edited by a moderator:
If this is true, what in the world is Carl Philip thinking? He can do better than a Z-list wannabe star. On one hand, I question if this whole thing is even real since there isn't ONE picture of the two of them together - surely there would be at least ONE. On the other hand though, when the Royal Court was asked about it, they said "no comment", which usually means the don't want to admit something's true.

Honestly, it's getting harder and harder to admire royal families these days because so many of them don't have much class anymore. There have been royals that have married divorcees or people who have already had children with somebody else. Royals that have married former drug users. Then there have been royals who get photographed falling out of clubs drunk or saying stupid things or behaving in general like idiots. Seriously, I sometimes understand why some countries get sick of supporting a monarchy if the people they're supporting aren't conducting themselves in a certain manner.
Considering the many out of wedlock children fathered by royal regents and consort and the supposedly many affairs by a current king and the very public affair by a current second in line to a throne the royals live by different standard then the population in general.

"trashy Z-list wannabe " if you know something about her that has not been published please let us all know. To make such a derogatory comment about someone you must possess valuable insider information.

Considering the many out of wedlock children fathered by royal regents and consort and the supposedly many affairs by a current king and the very public affair by a current second in line to a throne the royals live by different standard then the population in general.

"trashy Z-list wannabe " if you know something about her that has not been published please let us all know. To make such a derogatory comment about someone you must possess valuable insider information.

Maybe I was a bit harsh on her, but guess what? I don't care!:ROFLMAO: Besides, I hardly doubt Carl Philip or this woman care what I think...but if they do, I'd be happy to tell them.:)

"Z-list wannabe " if you know something about her that has not been published please let us all know. To make such a derogatory comment about someone you must possess valuable insider information.
Actually, this definition of her public image is not far off the mark.
If being a swim wear and nude model, participating in a notoriously trashy TV reality show with lots of booze and skin on display, and hanging out at lesser premieres to have her picture taken (see ibl archive) does not qualify for the definition, then what does? :ermm:
Apart from her charitable work in Ghana, this is what she has been doing with her professional life so far.

Anything good about Sofia?

Apart from her charitable work in Ghana, this is what she has been doing with her professional life so far.

So far all I've ready is all the bad stuff about her. What charitable work has she done? It sounds like their is something good about her!

I don´t understand why Silvia and Victoria are angry. In some royal houses Princes and Princess have choosen what They want.

I don´t understand why Silvia and Victoria are angry. In some royal houses Princes and Princess have choosen what They want.

Because this "girlfriend" has posed naked for magazine, she's hardly princess material.
Plus they prefer his ex Emma.
When has a Prince married a girl like this?
I agree Haakon married a mother of one, and Felipe married a divorce but nothing as bad as this.

They will hardly share their anger with a newspaper, or with many other people. So we should take the newspaper article with a pinch of salt. Though not many mothers would be happy if their son would be dating a nude model. And it is still unsure if the prince is actually dating this girl of course.

SpeedDial said:

Perhaps the truly classy thing to do is to believe that people can learn from their mistakes and that people can change.

Last edited:
Please bear in mind that according to TRF FAQ:

You are allowed to criticise royals, and you do have the right to freedom of speech; both positive and negative opinions about royals are welcome. However, this is a privately owned forum, and participation is contingent on accepting the Social Knowledge Terms of Service, which forbid the use of obscene, vulgar, threatening, abusive, or defamatory language,

We expect that you all can express your point without turning to vulgar language. Posters who can not will see their post deleted.

I think PCP knows the consequences for dating a nude model. I also think he has much more wisdom than we give him credit for. Maybe he justs wants to have fun after a 9 yr relationship.

I know many celebrities (living in LA) and usually sometimes there is a little truth to the situation but the press blows it out of proportion. Also, a family member will never really say their displeasure to the press. It's safe to say, don't believe the rumors unless there are photographs or they come right out and say it.

The monarchy is constantly trying to maintain a good reputation for the people. So I'm sure Carl Philip will end up marrying a "lady". We'll just have to wait and see.

I don't think this fling will last not if the queen has something to do with it

I think PCP knows the consequences for dating a nude model. I also think he has much more wisdom than we give him credit for. Maybe he justs wants to have fun after a 9 yr relationship.

I know many celebrities (living in LA) and usually sometimes there is a little truth to the situation but the press blows it out of proportion. Also, a family member will never really say their displeasure to the press. It's safe to say, don't believe the rumors unless there are photographs or they come right out and say it.

The monarchy is constantly trying to maintain a good reputation for the people. So I'm sure Carl Philip will end up marrying a "lady". We'll just have to wait and see.

Completly agree with you CrownPrincess5, I don't really believe this reports, because CP has always been a very private person, sometimes is even hard to find news on him, so I don't reallly think he would date a person that put her self in a reality show (not because that is bad, but is obvious a person that enjoys attention) and that possed naked.

They will hardly share their anger with a newspaper, or with many other people. So we should take the newspaper article with a pinch of salt. Though not many mothers would be happy if their son would be dating a nude model. And it is still unsure if the prince is actually dating this girl of course.

Perhaps the truly classy thing to do is to believe that people can learn from their mistakes and that people can change.

People should really get chance to show their change for the better, but some doubt always remains. If these cases are too often, no wonder people lose their enthusiasm for monarchy. The fact that royals behave like average people make them earthly, but on the other hand people don´t understand, why these royals behaving like people next door deserve any special treatment and support.

The Prince Carl Philip + Sofia Helqvist story strikes me as largely media-fabricated. There was never any factual proof that they had an affair, not even one single pic of the two of them together.
Taking the tale as an example of Royals misbehaving and risking to lose the people's respect is exaggerated in this case, as we have no idea about the basic truth of this whole story. It's not like the Wales Princes stumbling repeatedly out of nightclubs drunk early in the morning, (mis-)behavior documented on pictures.
Prince Carl Philip simply decided to make a statement now, which IMHO happens to be the truth - he has no new girlfriend, he didn't get back together with an ex-girlfriend, and therefore he is single.

Although I don't follow the SRF as I do other families, I also thought this story just didn't sit right. There is nothing substantial to suggest that CP is dating this women and I have yet to see a picture of the two together (and even if there is....does any suggest that they are anything else but friends? I also think that most royals have a great support system of relatives and friends and honestly, I can't imagine any of support system sharing the Queen and Victoria's opinion of this girl.

I also disagree with the characterization of royals conducting themselves in a certain manner. Royals are just like us and while that thinking definitely suggest that there isn't a need for a royal family anymore I am using it to point out they make mistakes just like other humans and hopefully learn from them. We also shouldn't make generalizations. The media likes to point out the wrong doings of the royal famillies. For every story about a royal falling out of a club drunk...there should be two to five reports of royals actually doing positive but that doesn't make good press does it?

I think each royal marriage has started out with the best intentions (even off topic Charles and DIana) and that divorce is sometimes the only option available. Sometimes your grow apart, soemtimes you realize that the love you had wasn't a sustaining love and sometimes you just grow out of love. I think you can't help who you fall in love with even if they are a single mother, a former model or a gym trainer (who knows when you start out in life you will meet a member of royal family). I also think that sometimes when you come from a rich or poor family you have the same chances of developing substance abuse. Abuse is not determined by your wealth or lack of it but by the person doing it. Sometimes rich people are more screwed up emotionally than ten poor people on a street. And I do acknowledge that even the poorest royal would have a better life than a homeless person on the street.

I hope Carl Phillip meets a nice woman who will be a great addition to the Swedish Royal Family. If that person happens to have a checkered past, as long as its not too checkered shouldn't we all be given the chance to learn from our mistakes and grow? And then make a meaningful contribution to society?

Last edited:
Although I don't follow the SRF as I do other families, I also thought this story just didn't sit right. There is nothing substantial to suggest that CP is dating this women and I have yet to see a picture of the two together (and even if there is....does any suggest that they are anything else but friends? I also think that most royals have a great support system of relatives and friends and honestly, I can't imagine any of support system sharing the Queen and Victoria's opinion of this girl.

I also disagree with the characterization of royals conducting themselves in a certain manner. Royals are just like us and while that thinking definitely suggest that there isn't a need for a royal family anymore I am using it to point out they make mistakes just like other humans and hopefully learn from them. We also shouldn't make generalizations. The media likes to point out the wrong doings of the royal famillies. For every story about a royal falling out of a club drunk...there should be two to five reports of royals actually doing positive but that doesn't make good press does it?

I think each royal marriage has started out with the best intentions (even off topic Charles and DIana) and that divorce is sometimes the only option available. Sometimes your grow apart, soemtimes you realize that the love you had wasn't a sustaining love and sometimes you just grow out of love. I think you can't help who you fall in love with even if they are a single mother, a former model or a gym trainer (who knows when you start out in life you will meet a member of royal family). I also think that sometimes when you come from a rich or poor family you have the same chances of developing substance abuse. Abuse is not determined by your wealth or lack of it but by the person doing it. Sometimes rich people are more screwed up emotionally than ten poor people on a street. And I do acknowledge that even the poorest royal would have a better life than a homeless person on the street.

I hope Carl Phillip meets a nice woman who will be a great addition to the Swedish Royal Family. If that person happens to have a checkered past, as long as its not too checkered shouldn't we all be given the chance to learn from our mistakes and grow? And then make a meaningful contribution to society?

But what is too checkered? For everyone it means something different. What is ok for someone, for someone else is too much.

Sentences like "We all should be given the chance to learn from our mistakes and grow and make a meaningful contribution to society!" sound like cliché to me, sorry.
Giving chances is right but it cannot border on being naive. Not all people are grateful for getting a chance and are going to change for the better, the more in very tolerant society where they know that they can get away with murder. So in the end they don´t change themselves, but make their behaviour a new standard.

I completely agree with Zonk and Boris. This story has been fabricated from the beginning. We all should remember that the press is all about making money. They will write anything if they know it will sell. Like I said before, unless we see pics or they come right out and say it, then don't believe. I do think Carl will meet a nice lady and she will enhance the SRF. It could be possible that that's what he's waiting for.

"Sweden's playboy prince has struck up a relationship with a glamour model who posed topless with a python wrapped around her body, forcing the country's much-loved monarchy on to the defensive."

So he's inherited the "playboy" title from his father, I see. :) However, he's only had one major girlfriend, from what I understand... I don't see what constitutes him as a "playboy."

I can also see the point the article suggests with how it would be embarrassing if she showed up at Victoria's wedding. I'm sure she's a nice girl, but wholesome and endearing she is not.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back
Top Bottom