The Royal Forums Coat of Arms

Go Back   The Royal Forums > Reigning Houses > Royal House of Sweden > Current Events Archive

Join The Royal Forums Today
Closed Thread

Old 12-12-2011, 03:18 PM
Imperial Majesty

Quote:
Originally Posted by Boris View Post
The very useful 'No comment' doesn't seem to be part of the talkative Ternert's vocabulary.
Yes, Ternert doesn´t seem to know the term "No comment", except when he has to comment the king´s scandal. Can anyone imagine Tarras-Wahlberg babbling like this: "Everything is fine with the crown princess and Daniel Westling. I have talked with the crown princess today and she told me that they are happier than ever". Never in a million years...

Old 12-12-2011, 03:33 PM
Imperial Majesty
TRF Author

I am waiting for the day Ternert will go on Twitter to let people know when CP has a cold or Sofia brushes her teeth What is wrong with this man. For me, the worst ever remains Ternert not intervening when CG was asked to define a "strip club".

Old 12-12-2011, 04:11 PM
Courtier

Whatever Ternert does I don't think he does it completely on his own. For that he is to long on the job. So the comments he makes to the press are approved from the SRF themself. Shouldn't that tell us his boss (=the SRF) thinks he does his job right no matter what WE might think? Maybe this is the result of a new plan to be more open to the public? More palpable to the ordinary people instead of fairytale figures who live behind closed doors?

I'm a firm supporter of fair chance's.
Use your chance, Sofia. You're doing a fine job so far.
Old 12-12-2011, 04:27 PM
Imperial Majesty
TRF Author

Quote:
Originally Posted by KitKat2006 View Post
Whatever Ternert does I don't think he does it completely on his own. For that he is to long on the job. So the comments he makes to the press are approved from the SRF themself. Shouldn't that tell us his boss (=the SRF) thinks he does his job right no matter what WE might think? Maybe this is the result of a new plan to be more open to the public? More palpable to the ordinary people instead of fairytale figures who live behind closed doors?
... by having a monarch defining a strip club?

I get your point but I dont think this is the right approach.

And I agree with you - very likely that CG receives these ill-guided instructions from the King himself, who seems deluded about his public perception.
Old 12-12-2011, 04:31 PM
Heir Presumptive

Of course he is not completey alone and he does consult with the royal family but its his job to know how to comment on a particular situation! IMO Tenert is not doing his job well. The King and Queen have got a lot on their plate and the last thing they need is to continually edit their spokesperson. Ternert should know what to say, how to say it and when to say it! If he can't do that he really shouldn't have that job. The SRF is a laughingstock!
Old 12-12-2011, 06:07 PM
Royal Highness

Who know, maybe King thinks that if he'll focus on CP&S's relationship, he won't get so much press interest
Old 12-15-2011, 02:10 PM
Imperial Majesty

In Bunte
Carl Philip von Schweden: Krisengerüchte: Jetzt redet seine Sofia! - BUNTE

And in swedish magazine S
Carl Philip festar trots krisen med Sofia - Tidningen S

You can listen to an interview of Sofia at this page, scroll down and push "Sofia Hellqvist - Project Playground". The interview was made when Sofia and the children were visiting Volvo Ocean Race.
Volvo Ocean Race 2011-2012 | Cape Town youngsters turn trash into art
Old 12-16-2011, 09:52 AM
Gentry

Quote:
Originally Posted by LadyFinn View Post
You can listen to an interview of Sofia
she speaks english very good almost no accent

but I prefer to watch this interview

she is so confident talk about her boyfriend!
Old 12-16-2011, 11:16 AM
Imperial Majesty

Quote:
Originally Posted by Lulu_tka View Post
she speaks english very good almost no accent

but I prefer to watch this interview

she is so confident talk about her boyfriend!
That is something that I don´t like at all. Since she isn´t part of the royal family, she should not be talking about them in public and above all, not using CP´s connections to her benefit. In every possible interview and connection she underlines that she is the girlfriend of the prince.
Old 12-16-2011, 11:28 AM
Heir Apparent

^^^^
Well she doesnt mention the prince by name, merely says that her unnamed boyfriend connected her with the Volvo race.
Old 12-16-2011, 11:29 AM
Royal Highness

Today she is a royal girlfriend, tomorrow she can be not
Old 12-16-2011, 11:55 AM
Royal Highness

Her English is good but her intonation sounds kind of strange...however,she is supporting a good project & even if she does it just as a publicity stunt to get positive mention in the newspaper-this NGO hopefully changes the lifes of the children to the better!
The only thing I wish is that she stops talking about her boyfriend all the time,by now everyone knows she is dating the Prince...
Old 12-16-2011, 01:15 PM
Imperial Majesty

Peace Love & Photography visited Project Playground in Langa.
December 11, 2011 | Facebook
http://a6.sphotos.ak.fbcdn.net/hphot...82957935_n.jpg
Old 12-16-2011, 01:48 PM
Imperial Majesty
TRF Author

Quote:
That is something that I don´t like at all. Since she isn´t part of the royal family, she should be talking about them in public and above all, not using CP´s connections to her benefit. In every possible interview and connection she underlines that she is the girlfriend of the prince.
Exactly. In case they get married, Sofia will be the tackiest princess around, ever
Her attitude is not good for any royal family, but maybe the SRF knows better or more likely, they have even worse issues to worry about.
Old 12-16-2011, 03:03 PM
Imperial Majesty

At Expressen Extra
The Crisis of Carl Philip and Sofia
The relationship is suddenly shaky
http://cdnstatic.expressen.se/polopo...rticleFull.jpg
Old 12-16-2011, 03:47 PM
Serene Highness

You wonder where they get all these reports from.
Old 12-16-2011, 04:29 PM
Courtier

Quote:
You can listen to an interview of Sofia at this page, scroll down and push "Sofia Hellqvist - Project Playground". The interview was made when Sofia and the children were visiting Volvo Ocean Race.
Volvo Ocean Race 2011-2012 | Cape Town youngsters turn trash into art
Her voice sounds nice. It's the right voice for how she looks (I hope this makes sense for you). I don't know about accents. I'm sure natural speakers hear she isn't a natural speaker. But she has a clear pronouncing and a good vocabulary. At least from my point of view. But I also think one can hear she's from scandinavia. The way her voice goes up and down and how she makes this mini-stops (don't know how to decribe it better) after a few words kind of gives her away.

I'm a firm supporter of fair chance's.
Use your chance, Sofia. You're doing a fine job so far.
Old 12-16-2011, 05:31 PM
Heir Presumptive

Quote:
That is something that I don´t like at all. Since she isn´t part of the royal family, she should not be talking about them in public and above all, not using CP´s connections to her benefit. In every possible interview and connection she underlines that she is the girlfriend of the prince.
Exactly!
She wants to be a princess so bad that it's becoming disgusting. I don't think her heart is in this whole project playground thing. She's all about getting good publicity. I bet she would not be apart of this Playground if she weren't getting attention. She not genuine to me. She's so fake! CP open your eyes for gods sake!
Old 12-26-2011, 01:19 AM
Serene Highness

Is there anything known, whether they spent Christmas together?
BYe Bine
Old 12-26-2011, 03:39 AM
Imperial Majesty

Reporter Jenny Alexandersson, who has followed the royal family for a long time, predicts that Carl Philip and Sofia could get engaged soon:

Who do you think is next in line for a royal wedding?
"I guess that's Carl Philip and his Sofia. They are living together and attend public events together, so it probably will not be long before they will get engaged."
Who is your "favorite royal"?
"It is clearly Victoria. There is nothing snobbish or mincingly in her, she is always herself and she is incredibly nice and kind."
Most Wanted 19/11 Jenny Alexandersson -

Closed Thread

Tags
prince carl philip, relationship, relationships