The Royal Forums Coat of Arms

Go Back   The Royal Forums > Reigning Houses > Royal House of Sweden > Current Events Archive

Join The Royal Forums Today
Closed Thread

Old 09-04-2011, 09:22 AM
Administrator
Royal Blogger, TRF Author

How exactly is the press 'exploiting' her? Wasn't it on her own initiative as she twittered that she was dating the prince? It seems that the Swedish press has been quite friendly about her, considering her track record (as pointed out by several posters).

Old 09-04-2011, 03:47 PM
Serene Highness

ITA Marengo!

She is not a press victim! No way.

To be a legend, you've either got to be dead or excessively old!
Christopher Lee
Old 09-04-2011, 07:45 PM
Serene Highness

Quote:
Originally Posted by Marengo View Post
How exactly is the press 'exploiting' her? Wasn't it on her own initiative as she twittered that she was dating the prince? It seems that the Swedish press has been quite friendly about her, considering her track record (as pointed out by several posters).
Completely agree. Sofia can count herself lucky, I think. I can only imagine what the British press would say about her if she dated Prince Harry, for example; especially when I think about the things that were said about Kate before her engagement.
Old 09-05-2011, 09:52 AM
Nobility

Balance

We write here about things that we absolutely have no idea about, and in the press makes journalists the same. It is often written as if they (journalists) were present in the room - which is not the case. It is likely that Sofia is not only all the bad sides painted up. And it has of course happened before the royals spent time with people both pressure knocked down like hawks on and we here at TRF had doubts about.

I think it's obvious that in a forum like this, we are able to express an opinion and so do I. But it is not credible when all shades between black and white blur and are absent. Just as I don´t believe that any human being has only good sides, I don´t think someone just has bad points.
Old 09-05-2011, 12:24 PM

Ouch, these posts are so polarized. Must chime in. I follow these posts because here we don't have anything near royalty. That said, we look at royalty as clear representatives of their perspective countries. CP and his girlfriend would be representatives of Sweden whether they wish to or not. However, give them the benefit of the doubt.
They may turn out very respectable or end up like Andrew and Fergie.
Old 09-05-2011, 02:07 PM
Imperial Majesty

I posted this also to the thread of Daniel´s events:

Prince Daniel participated today in a UNICEF fundraising event at Operakällaren. This morning here was held a celebs breakfast seminar before golf tournament Operakällaren Trophy. Sofia Hellqvist participated also to the seminar.
The contest, in which a host of familiar names like Mats Sundin, Hans Fahlen, Peppe Eng, Ernst Billgren and Eve Roese participate, will be held for the fifth consecutive year and brings together this year, money for UNICEF's work on famine in the Horn of Africa.
Daniel was sitting next to Professor Hans Blix, former Secretary General of the UN International Atomic Energy Agency IAEA. He spoke also with the staff from UNICEF.
Daniel hugged Sofia when he was leaving.
The reporter asked Sofia: How well do you and Prince Daniel know each other?
- That is not the issue right now. But Daniel is a great guy.
How does it feel to suddenly to take part to these commitments of more official character as you do now?
- I won´t answer to that today, said Sofia Hellqvist.
Sofia: ”Daniel är en jättebra kille” | Nyheter | Aftonbladet
Old 09-06-2011, 06:10 AM
Administrator
Royal Blogger, TRF Author

Quote:
Originally Posted by Karisma View Post
We write here about things that we absolutely have no idea about, and in the press makes journalists the same. It is often written as if they (journalists) were present in the room - which is not the case. It is likely that Sofia is not only all the bad sides painted up. And it has of course happened before the royals spent time with people both pressure knocked down like hawks on and we here at TRF had doubts about.

I think it's obvious that in a forum like this, we are able to express an opinion and so do I. But it is not credible when all shades between black and white blur and are absent. Just as I don´t believe that any human being has only good sides, I don´t think someone just has bad points.
I think that lately the Swedish press has been mainly focussing on what they perceive as the positive side of Sofia, namely her charity, her clothing line and her being accepted by the king and queen. You could even say that it seems that there is an atempt to 'white wash' her profile.

There is nothing wrong with having an opinion, or even an opinion contrary to the majority of posters on this forum (quite refreshing for a discussion I would say) BUT such a discussion should be able to happen without namecalling and such.

Indeed, it isn't all black and white and apart from the questionable choices that Sofia made in the past (and IMHO is still making at times), I am sure that she must have something going for her.

Quote:
Originally Posted by LadyFinn
How does it feel to suddenly to take part to these commitments of more official character as you do now?
I wonder what happened to the good old fashioned: 'no comment' (usually accompanied with a faint smile) that the press usually gets? Blabbering these things seems a bit odd to me. Come to think of it, I wonder why she was there at all, while it took Prince Daniel 7 years to get accepted & attending official events (and by all accounts he was a respectable entrepeneur).
Old 09-06-2011, 07:11 AM
Imperial Majesty
TRF Author

For me, I sense an engagment coming and I have the feeling that within the family the issue is already approved. This whole Sofia strategy screams "public whitewash" from the naked snake image (Sofia working, doing charity, attending events where royals are present, going on royal holiday etc etc) in order to have the Swedes like her when the announcement comes.

Its possible that the plan works out, although I find the often repeated Mette Marit comparisons wrong. MM had personal problems (drugs etc) she was about to tackle when meeting Haakon, and she never pursued the prince for his status or wanting to be famous very unlike Sofia, whose whole CV creams "attention" from the beginning and its literally "crowned" by getting involved with CP.
Old 09-06-2011, 09:56 AM
Imperial Majesty
TRF Author

Quote:
Originally Posted by LadyFinn View Post
I posted this also to the thread of Daniel´s events:

Prince Daniel participated today in a UNICEF fundraising event at Operakällaren. This morning here was held a celebs breakfast seminar before golf tournament Operakällaren Trophy. Sofia Hellqvist participated also to the seminar.
The contest, in which a host of familiar names like Mats Sundin, Hans Fahlen, Peppe Eng, Ernst Billgren and Eve Roese participate, will be held for the fifth consecutive year and brings together this year, money for UNICEF's work on famine in the Horn of Africa.
Daniel was sitting next to Professor Hans Blix, former Secretary General of the UN International Atomic Energy Agency IAEA. He spoke also with the staff from UNICEF.
Sofia: ”Daniel är en jättebra kille” | Nyheter | Aftonbladet
http://multimedia.ctk.cz/storage/fot...060222301.jpeg
http://multimedia.ctk.cz/storage/fot...060222201.jpeg
Old 09-06-2011, 10:07 AM
Serene Highness

Quote:
Originally Posted by Duke of Marmalade View Post
For me, I sense an engagment coming and I have the feeling that within the family the issue is already approved. This whole Sofia strategy screams "public whitewash" from the naked snake image (Sofia working, doing charity, attending events where royals are present, going on royal holiday etc etc) in order to have the Swedes like her when the announcement comes.

Its possible that the plan works out, although I find the often repeated Mette Marit comparisons wrong. MM had personal problems (drugs etc) she was about to tackle when meeting Haakon, and she never pursued the prince for his status or wanting to be famous very unlike Sofia, whose whole CV creams "attention" from the beginning and its literally "crowned" by getting involved with CP.
Agreed. Carl-Philip suddenly has as many engagements in a month as Prince Daniel. One of the things mentioned in earlier posts was his (lack of) work ethic. Now, he's doing as much as his brother-in-law, and in order to complain about that, we'd also have to complain about the number engagements Daniel is doing.

That, plus all the positive stories about Sofia in the papers, the statement from the Court about the reason CP & Sofia not attending his friend's wedding, and even this recent appearance at the charity event screams engagement.

For me, it's more of a 'when' question than an 'if' question. (Do they wait until Victoria's baby is born or do they announce it earlier?)
Old 09-06-2011, 10:41 AM
Imperial Majesty

Photos:
ANP Photo
ANP Photo
ANP Photo
ANP Photo
ANP Photo
ANP Photo
ANP Photo
Sofia with professor Hans Blix, former Secretary General of the UN International Atomic Energy Agency IAEA.
ANP Photo
With Stefano Catenacci
ANP Photo
Old 09-06-2011, 10:49 AM
Imperial Majesty
TRF Author

Quote:
Photos:
ANP Photo
ANP Photo
ANP Photo
ANP Photo
ANP Photo
ANP Photo
ANP Photo
Sofia with professor Hans Blix, former Secretary General of the UN International Atomic Energy Agency IAEA.
ANP Photo
With Stefano Catenacci
ANP Photo
Sofia being "exploited" by the press ... NOT
As for CP "working" all of a sudden I agree thats part of "operation sugercoat"
Old 09-06-2011, 11:22 AM
Imperial Majesty

Sofia is posing like a photo model, here with her sister Lina
https://lh4.googleusercontent.com/-s...2/_X2I3057.JPG
https://lh3.googleusercontent.com/-p...2/_X2I2937.JPG

Jenny Alexandersson reveals at her blog in Aftonbladet that CP and Sofia have had pretty hectic days. Besides the important charity event and activities with shared home they spent time in Sofia's neighborhood. Last weekend they were in Älvdalen with Sofia's family. They took long walks and Sofia showed among other things the top sport centrum of Älvdalen for CP. They bought some fishing equipment - both Sofia and CP like to fish and, according to Jenny´s source, it became also a real feast of a dinner with the family Hellqvist in Kåtilla.
Prins Carl Philips och Sofias vecka « Hovbloggen
Old 09-06-2011, 11:46 AM
Imperial Majesty
Royal Blogger

Quote:
The girl looks lovely.
Old 09-06-2011, 11:52 AM
Gentry

Quote:
Originally Posted by Lumutqueen View Post
The girl looks lovely.
I agree, I'd quite happily wear what Sofia is wearing in those two photos. Also I think she's seems alot more calmb, relaxed and natural.

Please excuse my spelling and gramar, I have dislexiya.
Old 09-06-2011, 02:56 PM
Serene Highness

Quote:
Originally Posted by Duke of Marmalade View Post
Sofia being "exploited" by the press ... NOT
As for CP "working" all of a sudden I agree thats part of "operation sugercoat"
Wie wahr, es funktioniert hier schon.

It´s amusing, thanks SRF!

To be a legend, you've either got to be dead or excessively old!
Christopher Lee
Old 09-06-2011, 05:40 PM
Courtier

She looks very good. I like the necklace. Is there not a certain ressemblence to Queen Silivia?
Old 09-06-2011, 07:17 PM
Nobility

I think if Carl Philip and Sofia get engaged it will be after the birth of Victoria and Daniel's child.
Old 09-06-2011, 08:10 PM
Courtier

I wonder how Sofia´d look like with her natural hair-colour. That black colour doesn´t look natural and also cheap....(wonder whether she would be attracted to CP if she would show her natural blonde...)

Closed Thread

Tags
prince carl philip, relationship, relationships