The Royal Forums Coat of Arms

Go Back   The Royal Forums > Reigning Houses > Royal House of Sweden > Current Events Archive

Join The Royal Forums Today
Closed Thread

Old 06-06-2010, 12:48 PM
Imperial Majesty

Aftonbladet has today in its paper version a big article about Sofia´s new life with Carl Philip, some new photos too.
Sofia Hellqvists nya liv med prins Carl Philip « Hovbloggen

Old 06-06-2010, 03:30 PM
Heir Presumptive

She looks so much like Emma Pernald. I guess he has a thing for brunettes.

Old 06-06-2010, 04:41 PM
Nobility

Looks like they're getting more and more comfortable with everyone knowing about their relationship, because I'm sure there wouldn't be so many 'incidents' with 'random pictures' otherwise.

And CrownPrincess5 is right. He's definitely got a thing for brunettes (what a shame. I'm blond *lol*). And I'm really starting to like the idea of Carl-Philip and Sofia as a couple more and more. They're cute together.
Old 06-06-2010, 04:49 PM
Serene Highness

I hope this relationship with Sofia will be just short term flying. She's is not kind of woman that most mothers would like to see as a daughter in law. And she is not a good material for a royal girlfriend, unless she is kept undercover..

"The course of true love never did run smooth " William Shakespeare, 'A Midsummer Night's Dream'

http://www.aishwarya-rai.com/
Old 06-06-2010, 05:18 PM
Heir Apparent

Quote:
Originally Posted by CrownPrincess5 View Post
She looks so much like Emma Pernald. I guess he has a thing for brunettes.
It is not so strange, providing that his mother is a brunette.
Old 06-06-2010, 10:08 PM
Heir Presumptive

I just wish he would broaden his horizons! And not stick with brunettes all the time. I don't think the whole world should know his type. A little biased....
Old 06-06-2010, 11:15 PM
Commoner

To me it seems just a bit too obvious that both newspapers write about Sofia just the same week! It seems like they changed mind and want Sofia to look good - just days before Victorias wedding. A lot of people are not very thrilled with Carls behaviour and choice of girl. He will be a lot in the public eye the next weeks due to the wedding. To me it seems like someone ( perhaps even Hovet itself) want to take the bitter taste from Carl. I think it is very strange that one week press write about Sofias past, then you hear nothing at all, and then all of a sudden they come along with a story about how much this girl changed, like she is already preparing for her princess role..?!
Also strange that just HER friends spoke about her to the reporters. Mmm???!
I will keep my thoughts on that to myself. Still I think Sofia is just too obvious with what she does, no matter how cute she might look with Carl.
Old 06-07-2010, 12:41 PM
Imperial Majesty
Royal Blogger

Some days obviously the press are having a slow news day and decide to talk about her past, people do want to know about their princes girlfriend. When you don't hear anything about her, they obviously don't have something to talk about.
If they have talked about how she is changing, then maybe the papers few of her is changing, where is the article that says she is preparing for a Princess role?
We don't hear a story in the UK about Kate and William or Harry and Chelsy every day, only when there is a slow news day or something happens.
Why is it strange that her friends talk to reporters? Royal friends talk to papers all the time, mainly for money reasons, your probably suggesting that they talked to the press, because either Sofia told them too or that they wanted to beef her up as a good person.

If Carl philip feels this is the girl for him, then let him be, if she can prove herself as a further princess then why not let her have the title?
We have a divorced mother of one as a Crown Princess, whats wrong with having a model as one?

People say they want him to broaden his horizons, but if he likes brunettes why should he change? He may have seen blondes, red heads, gingers and the press haven't known about them.
Old 06-07-2010, 01:39 PM
Imperial Majesty

Sofia sover hos prinsen | Nu ska utvikningsflickan bli rumsren – och godkänd som Carl Philips flickvän | Bröllopet | Aftonbladet
Carl Philip and Sofia leave his apartment in Stockholm early in the morning 2nd June 2010.
Profimedia
Profimedia
Profimedia
Profimedia

Old 06-07-2010, 02:28 PM
Commoner

I wonder if Sofia had started her charity carreer if Carl was not prince, or if she ever looked at him if he was just a regular guy?! She tries hard to change her image it is said, but she already did when she and Carl just started seeing each other. To me that looks as if she had planed from the beginning to fit into the royal family. So, she is mostly interested in Carls title? This whole charity matter seems just so very obvious and I would believe in their "love" if she would not try so hard now to fit and trying to copy queen Silvia.
Old 06-07-2010, 02:47 PM
Imperial Majesty
Royal Blogger

Copying Queen Silvia, at least compare her to someone her age.
She's dating a prince, if I were in her position I would start to change immediately, even if I was only seeing him for two or three weeks, I would want to portray the image of a suitable girlfriend.
What she has done in the past, is in the past, she is obviously trying to change for Carl.
Old 06-07-2010, 02:56 PM
Commoner

If someone loves you, you don't need to change. (in general) otherwise it is not love.
Old 06-07-2010, 03:06 PM
Nobility

Quote:
Originally Posted by Lumutqueen View Post
If Carl philip feels this is the girl for him, then let him be, if she can prove herself as a further princess then why not let her have the title?
That's exactly what I think. It's his and her decision and no-one else's. He's just the "backup" in the line of heirs. So why would it matter, if his girlfriend (maybe-future-fiancee/wife) has been a model. Especially if her maybe-future-brother-in-law was just a little fitness-coach before he became crownprince? It doesn't matter at all. At least that's my opinion.

Quote:
We have a divorced mother of one as a Crown Princess, whats wrong with having a model as one?
Good Argument! And maybe I'm making me a lot of enemies here now, but I was thrilled when those two married. Because like it or not: Your Charlie has always been a faithful guy to the one woman he truly ever loved. He doesn't deserve all the blame everyone always puts on him. And neither does Camilla. Again, that's my opinion.

Quote:
People say they want him to broaden his horizons, but if he likes brunettes why should he change? He may have seen blondes, red heads, gingers and the press haven't known about them.
Correct me if I'm wrong, but be did broaden his horizon and finally decided, he liked brunettes better than blondes. It's been a long time ago, but there was some blond girlfriend in his past. I think, the one before Emma. Wasn't her name Viveka Something? I'm not sure, but I know for sure she was a blond.
Old 06-07-2010, 03:08 PM
Imperial Majesty

I think that everyone of us, also Sofia, try to grow as persons. We learn about our experiences and mistakes.
Old 06-07-2010, 03:13 PM
Nobility

Quote:
Originally Posted by PixieDust View Post
I wonder if Sofia had started her charity carreer if Carl was not prince, or if she ever looked at him if he was just a regular guy?! She tries hard to change her image it is said, but she already did when she and Carl just started seeing each other. To me that looks as if she had planed from the beginning to fit into the royal family. So, she is mostly interested in Carls title? This whole charity matter seems just so very obvious and I would believe in their "love" if she would not try so hard now to fit and trying to copy queen Silvia.
I don't see anything wrong with trying to fit into the world of a new partner. I changed too, when I met my husband. Just like he did. In a relationship you have to change or else you don't have a chance. I don't mean, you have to be someone else entirely, but you have to do some compromises. And Sofias compromises are "doing her best so CP doesn't have to be ashamed about her now." And I mean now! What's past she can't change (and doesn't need to because it's past). But as long as she doesn't do something wrong now, it's okay how she lives and what she does.
Old 06-07-2010, 04:17 PM
Commoner

Carlos Felipe de Suecia tiene nueva novia
Old 06-07-2010, 05:11 PM
Royal Highness

I just skimmed this thread now, and this is the first time I have felt, thank god he aint the heir.
Old 06-07-2010, 08:06 PM
Heir Presumptive

Quote:
Honestly, I was just kidding about the broadening horizon thing. If he likes brunettes, then he likes brunettes. I'm dark-haired myself, so it's really no problem to me. It's his choice.

Let's not get too carried away about the princess thing. I highly doubt they're at that stage now. I would give anything to know how the rest of the royal family feels about this.
Old 06-08-2010, 03:20 AM
Nobility

Quote:
Originally Posted by CrownPrincess5 View Post
Let's not get too carried away about the princess thing. I highly doubt they're at that stage now. I would give anything to know how the rest of the royal family feels about this.
I doubt they are at that stage, too. They just know each other for a little over a year. That's to short for such a big decision. And I'm not sure about his family either, but I think, just as family and not as royals, they're happy their son/brother found love again, even if they're - as royals - a little confused and/or doubtful about his choice. Because, let's face it, she isn't really some dreamgirl-girlfriend for a prince with her past. But she can't change her past, she can only make a good impression now that she actually is the girlfriend of the prince. And I think, she's doing a pretty good job so far.

But we're getting carried away again. Let's stop the speculations and wait what's going to happen over there in sweden. Speculations will get us nowhere.
Old 06-08-2010, 04:02 AM
Imperial Majesty
Royal Blogger

Quote:
Originally Posted by KitKat2006 View Post
Good Argument! And maybe I'm making me a lot of enemies here now, but I was thrilled when those two married. Because like it or not: Your Charlie has always been a faithful guy to the one woman he truly ever loved. He doesn't deserve all the blame everyone always puts on him. And neither does Camilla. Again, that's my opinion.
I was actually talking about Princess Mette-Marit.
As Camilla is a divorced mother of two.

Quote:
Originally Posted by PixieDust View Post
If someone loves you, you don't need to change. (in general) otherwise it is not love.
Prince Carl-Philip of Sweden is not an in general guy, Sofia will have to change if she wants to fit in with the royal elite, if they both thing this is a serious relationship she will have to alter what she does. All the Crown Princess who married into royal families had to alter their image.
If she does not change, then Sweden will have a nude model as a princess, which i don't think would go down well.

Tags
prince carl philip, relationship, relationships