The Royal Forums Coat of Arms

Go Back   The Royal Forums > Reigning Houses > Royal House of Sweden > Current Events Archive

Join The Royal Forums Today
Closed Thread

Old 07-17-2011, 06:15 PM
Serene Highness

Things have changed a lot, media-wise, in just the past 10 years. There's so much more coverage, and the paparazzi have branched into social networking media, twitter, etc - so many venues for coverage. Indeed, this forum is not ancient - and we're all here (most of us daily or almost daily) seeking news/information on Royals - there are people who want to oblige us.

This certainly was not the case before television - and even in the early days of television, there weren't that many news outlets. Very different today.

Old 07-17-2011, 06:23 PM
Heir Presumptive

In a world of 24hr news coverage plus the internet and blogs, it is not a bad idea for anybody, not just those dating royalty but also dating famous people, to have some help around them. I believe Kate got some help from those within the royal family when she was having problems.

Jaqueline Bouvier Kennedy, September 12, 1953
Countess Stephanie of Belgium October 20, 2012
Old 07-17-2011, 07:13 PM
Heir Presumptive

Quote:
Originally Posted by Karisma View Post
Today you can not find a single "ordinary individual" who marries royally and do not have mentors. Since it is different how open the various royal courts are. The only thing we know officially is that Sofia have a mentor.
Who's marrying 'royally' here?
I don't understand at all why you continue to make it sound as if Barbro Ehnbom was a ‘mentor’ in the tradition of royal mentors like Tarras-Wahlberg was to CP Victoria;
as if the Swedish Court provided Miss Hellqvist with a mentor;
and as if the Court officially confirmed that she has one -
- because none of this is true.

Ehnbom is neither a PR advisor nor a mentor in any sense related to Royalty.
She is a Swedish-American businesswoman who has a small organization which supports and advises several young women who want to start their own businesses in Sweden.
(Some tabloids reported last year that Miss Hellqvist did employ a PR agency to give her PR advice - if I remember correctly, the agency's owner was in some way connected to her modeling jobs - and maybe that's where that 'PR agent' tale originated.)
Those are the facts.
Old 07-17-2011, 08:06 PM
Nobility

Read better, Boris

Quote:
Originally Posted by Boris View Post
Who's marrying 'royally' here?
I don't understand at all why you continue to make it sound as if Barbro Ehnbom was a ‘mentor’ in the tradition of royal mentors like Tarras-Wahlberg was to CP Victoria;
as if the Swedish Court provided Miss Hellqvist with a mentor;
and as if the Court officially confirmed that she has one -
- because none of this is true.

Ehnbom is neither a PR advisor nor a mentor in any sense related to Royalty.
She is a Swedish-American businesswoman who has a small organization which supports and advises several young women who want to start their own businesses in Sweden.
(Some tabloids reported last year that Miss Hellqvist did employ a PR agency to give her PR advice - if I remember correctly, the agency's owner was in some way connected to her modeling jobs - and maybe that's where that 'PR agent' tale originated.)
Those are the facts.
What blur you on Boris? Have you actually read all my posts? There I emphasize again and again is that;

- Sofia, who is a private (buisness?) person, having a mentor
- No public notice is from the court
- I only see Sofia, at the very moment, as one person who socialize in circles around Prince Carl-Philip..

There are however other persons who hunt Sofia in pure personal attacks and expresses themself in terms of Sofia already is a princess. I do not exist among those members, but the more I am a person who tries to find the nuances. I suggest you read more of my posts before you write next reply. Then it will probably be more correct.
Old 07-18-2011, 05:21 AM
Heir Presumptive

Karisma, you must certainly realize that it's you who replied to the question why Miss Hellqvist woluld habe a mentor that in other royal families, the official girlfriends of Royals (who later became their wives) had mentors and that Miss H. has one 'officially' as well...
...which of course implied the aspects I mentioned above, and led to a whole discussion about royal mentors and PR advisors, although Ehnbom is in neither of these capacities.
My post was written based on the implications of your comments, not ignoring them.
Old 07-18-2011, 06:40 AM
Nobility

Girlfriends

Quote:
Originally Posted by Boris View Post
Karisma, you must certainly realize that it's you who replied to the question why Miss Hellqvist woluld habe a mentor that in other royal families, the official girlfriends of Royals (who later became their wives) had mentors and that Miss H. has one 'officially' as well...
...which of course implied the aspects I mentioned above, and led to a whole discussion about royal mentors and PR advisors, although Ehnbom is in neither of these capacities.
My post was written based on the implications of your comments, not ignoring them.
Well, it must have been some misunderstanding. I replied that even girl- and boyfriends to Royals have mentors - even if they not are going to involve in deeper relations. I, myself. had a mentorship in my Youth, for certin things.
Old 07-18-2011, 08:37 AM
Serene Highness

Looking at all news and headlines during the last 2 -3 weeks (CP and Sofia moving together, Sofia spending holiday time with the King and Queen at the boat, staying in St Maxime, being invited at the Sommerlath wedding, Madde being "forced" to spend time with Sofia..... this only leads into ONE DIRECTION imho -- and this will be an announcement, most probably in autumn.

I have to admit, I am not a fan of Sofia myself -- especially after I found out, that there is not only the snake picture, but the NUDE picture as well.... really far away from being Princess Material.

But: Carl Philipp is fighting for her, so it seems, as if she is "the one" for him. And the Queen and King are helping. Well, they cannot afford another scandal at the moment, so it seems, that they rather decided to accept her and trying to unify the family (at least officially) than having even more feed for the gossip press.

I for myself stay with the fact, that I am not happy with CPs choice. Nevertheless I am not sure, if she deserved all this really, really negative feedback on her as person.
Ok, she did mistakes, ok, she did everything to become famous, but that was "earlier". Since she is dating the Prince (I am forgetting her facbook message now) it seems, that she has leared some lessons really quickly, including "keep your mouth shut", "do Charity", "dress properly" and "study".

I will lean back now, waiting for the announcement and will look interestingly, how she is behaving from now on.... ther is still a looooong way for her to go, but imho she is getting better and better on her way to become Princess Material one (distant) day.

BYe Bine
Old 07-20-2011, 08:15 PM
Serene Highness

I would think that anyone fortunate enough to date someone who is a Prince or Royalty would want to put their best foot forward. If they don't have a tarnished reputation, then one would do everything in their power to gain favor among the parents of the royals and the public. If they have a tarnished reputation they would do everything they could to change that image. People are more receptive to someone with a tarnished reputation who admits their shortcomings and tries to be or do better. Actions speak louder than words.

It's when the person isn't genine about it or is doing this just to get something out it, when people see right through it. The old saying, The Truth always come out even if it takes a long time is very true. Hard for me to tell if Sofia is genine or not. Time will tell though. I think she will have to prove this to the King and Queen and others as well.
Old 07-21-2011, 01:32 PM
Heir Presumptive

Quote:
Originally Posted by Bine221
Looking at all news and headlines during the last 2 -3 weeks (CP and Sofia moving together, Sofia spending holiday time with the King and Queen at the boat, staying in St Maxime, being invited at the Sommerlath wedding, Madde being "forced" to spend time with Sofia..... this only leads into ONE DIRECTION imho -- and this will be an announcement, most probably in autumn.

I have to admit, I am not a fan of Sofia myself -- especially after I found out, that there is not only the snake picture, but the NUDE picture as well.... really far away from being Princess Material.

But: Carl Philipp is fighting for her, so it seems, as if she is "the one" for him. And the Queen and King are helping. Well, they cannot afford another scandal at the moment, so it seems, that they rather decided to accept her and trying to unify the family (at least officially) than having even more feed for the gossip press.

I for myself stay with the fact, that I am not happy with CPs choice. Nevertheless I am not sure, if she deserved all this really, really negative feedback on her as person.
Ok, she did mistakes, ok, she did everything to become famous, but that was "earlier". Since she is dating the Prince (I am forgetting her facbook message now) it seems, that she has leared some lessons really quickly, including "keep your mouth shut", "do Charity", "dress properly" and "study".

I will lean back now, waiting for the announcement and will look interestingly, how she is behaving from now on.... ther is still a looooong way for her to go, but imho she is getting better and better on her way to become Princess Material one (distant) day.

BYe Bine
I don't think she's the one. Men do not marry women like Sofia..at least that's from my general point of view. I don't trust Sofia. She wants to be seen and heard so badly, but the way she's going about it is pathetic.

Wasn't it Frederick and Felipe who dated "wild" women before they married?
Old 07-21-2011, 04:11 PM
Nobility

Felipe certainly dated, Sofia "type" women before he married. It is possible however, that Carl Philip may marry Sofia regardless, of his family’s private and the publics' opinion.
Old 07-21-2011, 05:17 PM
Courtier

Quote:
Originally Posted by MoonShadow123 View Post
Felipe certainly dated, Sofia "type" women before he married. It is possible however, that Carl Philip may marry Sofia regardless, of his family’s private and the publics' opinion.
And he's right to do so. It's HIS life so it's HIS decision when, whom and where and even IF he marries (just like Felipe, Frederik and every other prince/princess too). Regardless of who he is. We're living in modern times and not in the dark mediaval where royal marriages had political backgrounds.

But don't forget: Neither CP nor Sofia ever talked about marriage. Their just a couple. That's all for now. Nothing more, nothing less. So why even talk about marriage?

I'm a firm supporter of fair chance's.
Use your chance, Sofia. You're doing a fine job so far.
Old 07-21-2011, 08:13 PM
Nobility

Quote:
Originally Posted by KitKat2006 View Post
And he's right to do so. It's HIS life so it's HIS decision when, whom and where and even IF he marries (just like Felipe, Frederik and every other prince/princess too). Regardless of who he is. We're living in modern times and not in the dark mediaval where royal marriages had political backgrounds.

But don't forget: Neither CP nor Sofia ever talked about marriage. Their just a couple. That's all for now. Nothing more, nothing less. So why even talk about marriage?
I agree with everything you wrote. How can it be so difficult to understand the difference between socializing and oficiell have a position as prince CP's girlfriend is great. No one has indicated anything but that they socialize and whatever scandal the press about romance and the wild imagination of some members of TRF has been so for right now nothing more than that the prince hanging out with Sofia. Engagement or wedding plans do not exist prior to publication.
Old 07-22-2011, 11:31 AM
Nobility

I was not implying that Carl Philip does not have a right to date whom ever he wishes, as yes it is HIS life. I was just responding that Felipe dated Sofia "type" women.

Quote:
Originally Posted by KitKat2006 View Post

Old 07-22-2011, 11:45 AM
Aristocracy

i think the admin/moderators should create a discussion thread for the relationship between prince carl philip and sophia, and keep this thread free for press reports. (i would do it but it proberly get deleted or locked by them)
Old 07-30-2011, 02:29 PM
Imperial Majesty

Carl Philip and Sofia seen in Båstad, from a blog:
Junitjejen » Blog Archive » Prinsen och Sofia
Old 07-30-2011, 04:16 PM
Courtier

Hmmm, one can't blame Sofia for being in love with him, right? He IS a really, really hot guy . Prince or not (the woman took great photos). And what a nice surprise to stumple upon a real prince while just enjoying a beer. Or rather to be stumpled upon oneself by the prince without him even knowing.

Old 07-31-2011, 02:42 AM
Imperial Majesty
TRF Author

Sofia defo resembles the young Silvia (minus the tatoos, of course).
Old 07-31-2011, 03:42 PM
Courtier

Is there a reason why you mentioned the tattoos? Because I can't see them on those two pictures. And also tattoos aren't a vulgar thing these days. So what reason do you have to mention them?

Old 07-31-2011, 04:23 PM
Nobility

Tatoo´s

Tattooing is something that is very modern now. Although I am personally not a fan of these body ornaments so I do not think that there is anything that evaluating other people based on whether they have a tattoo or not.
Old 07-31-2011, 05:57 PM
Courtier

Exactly Karisma. That's what I meant and why I asked why Duke mentioned the tattoos.

And it's just interest, Duke. I don't mean my question as an attack.

Closed Thread

Tags
prince carl philip, relationship, relationships