The Royal Forums Coat of Arms

Go Back   The Royal Forums > Reigning Houses > Royal House of Sweden > Current Events Archive

Join The Royal Forums Today
Closed Thread

Old 07-16-2011, 05:01 PM
Nobility

She has a mentor

Quote:
Originally Posted by madrid View Post
Does Sofia have a PR agent?
Business woman Barbro Ehnbom is Sofia´s mentor. (See my post in the subject).

Old 07-16-2011, 05:01 PM
Heir Apparent

Well, that doesn't sound or look too bad, surely ?
Why should Carl Philip not have a friendship with Sofia?

Old 07-16-2011, 05:03 PM
Heir Presumptive

Karisma, what's your source for the university studies of Sofia Hellqvist in New York as well as in Sweden?
One of the less appealing stories which were in the press about her in fall last year was that she had intended to apply for a spot at a Swedish university upon returning from New York, but missed the deadline to hand in her paperwork, while at the same time trying to collect student's state benefits regardless.
I have not heard about the studies you mention anywhere else before.

Sofia Hellqvist with Swedish business advisor Barbro Ehnbom:
IBL Bildbyrå - Royaltyfria bilder, historiska bilder, illustrationsbilder med mera.
Old 07-16-2011, 05:19 PM
Aristocracy

Quote:
Originally Posted by Karisma View Post
Business woman Barbro Ehnbom is Sofia´s mentor. (See my post in the subject).
I can't understand why Sofia needs a mentor.
Old 07-16-2011, 05:20 PM
Nobility

About Sofia´s studies

Boris: I have read about Sofia´s studies in "Realtid.se", which is a politically independent, owner-wise independent daily business newspaper published Monday through Friday. Realtid.se is published by the Alternative Media Stockholm AB. I think "Realtid.se" is significantly more serious than the tabloids and "gossip - papers".
Old 07-16-2011, 05:30 PM
Heir Presumptive

If Sofia really studies or wants to study,it's a really good choice,but after all that 's her private matter and life,I do not understand why should a serious newspaper write about such a private matter?After all,she's not a future Crown Princess,as for example,Mette-Maritt was to become,so it has some air of PR
Old 07-16-2011, 05:42 PM
Nobility

I won´t throw the first stone

Quote:
I can't understand why Sofia needs a mentor.
As far as I know has been done in all the Royal Court as far back as I can remember. But let us mention the most recent. Charlene Wittstock Had PR agents for many years. Kate Middleton had a mentor during the time she and Prince William had a knot in the thread and the prince mingled with other girls.

In Christian countries, we are living after Jesus words. When he met a crowd who were going to stone a woman to death Jesus said: "He who is without sin should throw the first stone"? I´m not!
Old 07-16-2011, 05:54 PM
Nobility

Carl Philip was born as Crown Prince

Quote:
Originally Posted by Lenora View Post
If Sofia really studies or wants to study,it's a really good choice,but after all that 's her private matter and life,I do not understand why should a serious newspaper write about such a private matter?After all,she's not a future Crown Princess,as for example,Mette-Maritt was to become,so it has some air of PR
Prince Carl Philip was born as Crown Prince, but parliament amended the law so that female succession was introduced. Presently, Carl Filip is second in succession. Norway had (have?) not female succession. Märta-Louise are not HRH (Her Royal Higness) after merriage with Ari Ben, and not included in the Royal house of Norway. .She is "only" princess.
Old 07-16-2011, 06:00 PM
Heir Presumptive

Karisma, thank you for the link; so the source is actually an interview with Barbro Ehnbom on the occasion in June 2010 when the photo I linked of her and Sofia Hellqvist was taken as well.
Ehnbom is in no way a 'mentor' connected to the Royal Court in the same way Elisabeth Tarras-Wahlberg was understood to be CP Victoria's mentor.
Ehnbom is a wealthy American-Swedish business woman and company advisor who takes young women under her wings who want to start their own businesses (and possibly helped Miss Hellqvist in setting up and financing the 'Drop of Mindfulness' sportswear line in this capacity).
She might be an enterpreneurial 'mentor', meaning business advisor, but this has nothing to do whatsoever with mentors to Royals as described by you.
Old 07-16-2011, 06:48 PM
Nobility

Quote:
Originally Posted by Boris View Post
Karisma, thank you for the link; so the source is actually an interview with Barbro Ehnbom on the occasion in June 2010 when the photo I linked of her and Sofia Hellqvist was taken as well.
Ehnbom is in no way a 'mentor' connected to the Royal Court in the same way Elisabeth Tarras-Wahlberg was understood to be CP Victoria's mentor.
Ehnbom is a wealthy American-Swedish business woman and company advisor who takes young women under her wings who want to start their own businesses (and possibly helped Miss Hellqvist in setting up and financing the 'Drop of Mindfulness' sportswear line in this capacity).
She might be an enterpreneurial 'mentor', meaning business advisor, but this has nothing to do whatsoever with mentors to Royals as described by you.
To some extent this is the same except that Sofia in the official minutes are nothing more than a private individual who hang out with the prince. As long as Kate and Charlene was not officially girlfriends to their princes, they had also advisers, though not officially designated by the respective royal court. So it was for Mette-Marit and, for the part, Daniel also, among with several individuals who began to engage with a royaltys.
Old 07-16-2011, 10:55 PM
Serene Highness

Anyone who has dated a Prince for over a year is girlfriend material at the very least. Whatever the girlfriend does becomes news. If the girlfriend decided to go to school to study pet grooming or whatever, it would be news. If she decided to major in business at college, this would be news. If people are interested in the Prince, they generally are interesting in what his girlfriend is doing.
Old 07-17-2011, 03:30 AM
Imperial Majesty

It is interesting that in this interview of Sofia from May 2009, she doesn´t say anything about studying in NY. She just said that she always aims very high in what she does. Then she aimed to dedicate her time to others, working in Africa for some time, and maybe get her own yoga studio eventually. Her life can change in a day and she thought it is a bit of the fun of it all. She had a then a boyfriend with a four-year-old son.
Sofia från Älvdalen trivs i New York | Dala-Demokraten

About Realtid.se - is it a serious page, I don´t see any difference with Expressen of Aftonbladet. Realtid.se told e.g. that germans are interested in Sofia´s toplessphotos and that Sofia´s photos maybe at this year´s Slitz yearbook.
Old 07-17-2011, 05:24 AM
Nobility

It´s still a difference

Quote:
Originally Posted by nascarlucy View Post
Anyone who has dated a Prince for over a year is girlfriend material at the very least. Whatever the girlfriend does becomes news. If the girlfriend decided to go to school to study pet grooming or whatever, it would be news. If she decided to major in business at college, this would be news. If people are interested in the Prince, they generally are interesting in what his girlfriend is doing.
I agree with you, but you have to be perfectly clear that there is a big difference when "Hovet offentliggjort" (The Royal court declared) the relationship, and when the press officer admitted that the prince hanging out with a girl. It may seem strange, but in Sweden is the official record is very important.
Old 07-17-2011, 05:58 AM
Heir Apparent

Not just in Sweden. In Britain, the Court Circular is the official organ for such news. It's even online.
Old 07-17-2011, 01:39 PM
Aristocracy

Quote:
Originally Posted by Boris View Post
Sportswear line and charity work in Africa seems to me a celebrity "job" and not a serious business.

Quote:
Originally Posted by Karisma View Post
As far as I know has been done in all the Royal Court as far back as I can remember. But let us mention the most recent. Charlene Wittstock Had PR agents for many years. Kate Middleton had a mentor during the time she and Prince William had a knot in the thread and the prince mingled with other girls.

In Christian countries, we are living after Jesus words. When he met a crowd who were going to stone a woman to death Jesus said: "He who is without sin should throw the first stone"? I´m not!

Thank you Karisma.
This is interesting. Famous girlfriends needs PR agents and mentors in order to handle their public images and image makeover when they are actually doing nothing.
Old 07-17-2011, 01:59 PM
Serene Highness

Here a pic of Barbro Ehnbom with a more decent Sofia. But her smile is so "Look at me, look at me!"

Svensk Damtidning Nr 28 2010.pdf

To be a legend, you've either got to be dead or excessively old!
Christopher Lee
Old 07-17-2011, 04:36 PM
Courtier

Quote:
Sportswear line and charity work in Africa seems to me a celebrity "job" and not a serious business.
If you really think those a celebrity "jobs" you don't have a clue how hard those jobs really are. Because they're much more than just a few hours fun and "looking good for others" per week.

Quote:
Originally Posted by Fürstin Taxis View Post
Here a pic of Barbro Ehnbom with a more decent Sofia. But her smile is so "Look at me, look at me!"

http://translate.google.de/translate...in-Afrika.html

Would you say that about this smile too? Because in my eyes it the exact same smile. And when you say you won't say the same thing about my example then why is that, hm? Because in my eyes both woman are simply smiling into the camera. Nothing wrong with that.

I'm a firm supporter of fair chance's.
Use your chance, Sofia. You're doing a fine job so far.
Old 07-17-2011, 04:41 PM
Nobility

Quote:
Thank you Karisma.
This is interesting. Famous girlfriends needs PR agents and mentors in order to handle their public images and image makeover when they are actually doing nothing.
"Doing nothing" is usually used as epithet on the royaltys of the people who want to implement republic and do not understand that it is tiring to stand in the spotlight. Several of my friends, prominent cultural workers, are also often told that "they do nothing." So can´t I see it either in the monarchy, public relations or cultural work. They are all doing a good job.

Quote:
Originally Posted by Fürstin Taxis View Post

I see a beautiful dressed smiling woman called Sofia Hellqvist next to Barbro Ehnbom. But I do not see anything of what You see in Sofia's smile. But I'm of course not a mind reader or particularly imaginative ...
Old 07-17-2011, 05:44 PM
Serene Highness

Interesting that famous girlfriends now need a PR person. I suppose the next thing they will need will be a private attorney. How times have changed. You wonder how the girlfriends back in the day handles things. None of them to my knowledge had a PR person.
Old 07-17-2011, 06:01 PM
Nobility

Nowdays they need such advice

Quote:
Originally Posted by nascarlucy View Post
Interesting that famous girlfriends now need a PR person. I suppose the next thing they will need will be a private attorney. How times have changed. You wonder how the girlfriends back in the day handles things. None of them to my knowledge had a PR person.
With all due respect, nascarlucy: The intense press coverage and paparazzi was an unknown term "old days". Princess Diana would have needed such advice. Today you can not find a single "ordinary individual" who marries royally and do not have mentors. Since it is different how open the various royal courts are. The only thing we know officially is that Sofia have a mentor.

Closed Thread

Tags
prince carl philip, relationship, relationships