The Royal Forums Coat of Arms

Go Back   The Royal Forums > Reigning Houses > Royal House of Sweden > Current Events Archive

Join The Royal Forums Today
Closed Thread

Old 07-11-2011, 10:59 AM
Heir Presumptive

Quote:
Originally Posted by Duke of Marmalade View Post
Obviously the Sofia pictures are in a category (as per Jessrulz's post) that cannot be posted her for these reasons:
  • posting any content deemed by us to be obscene, sexually explicit, vulgar, threatening, harassing, or abusive;
  • posting content containing nudity or violence;
That speaks volumes, doesnt it?

It cheapens the Swedish monarchy and Swedish monarch couple to associate with Sofia and her background (see holiday pictures) and it doesnt matter if she is an official or non-official girlfriend. Boy, the standard is getting pretty low. Victoria had to fight for her relationship with a hard working & educated fitness trainer for many years.

btw, its a difference if people KNOW about a shady past such as Mette-Marit, Mabel etc or if people can SEE the actual proof, as in Sofia's case.
Perfection! I could not have thought of better words. Could not agree more!!!

Old 07-11-2011, 11:06 AM
Courtier

Quote:
Obviously the Sofia pictures are in a category (as per Jessrulz's post) that cannot be posted her for these reasons:
  • posting any content deemed by us to be obscene, sexually explicit, vulgar, threatening, harassing, or abusive;
  • posting content containing nudity or violence;
That speaks volumes, doesnt it?

It cheapens the Swedish monarchy and Swedish monarch couple to associate with Sofia and her background (see holiday pictures) and it doesnt matter if she is an official or non-official girlfriend. Boy, the standard is getting pretty low. Victoria had to fight for her relationship with a hard working & educated fitness trainer for many years.

btw, its a difference if people KNOW about a shady past such as Mette-Marit, Mabel etc or if people can SEE the actual proof, as in Sofia's case.
I fully agree with everything you wrote.

Old 07-11-2011, 03:17 PM
Nobility

I will not judge

Quote:
It cheapens the Swedish monarchy and Swedish monarch couple to associate with Sofia and her background (see holiday pictures) and it doesnt matter if she is an official or non-official girlfriend. Boy, the standard is getting pretty low.
First: I didnīt like the photos in the link.

It is your opinion that not all of us shares. Time will tell. In Sweden there are no loud noises that the prince should not be hanging out with Sofia.

Quote:
Victoria had to fight for her relationship with a hard working & educated fitness trainer for many years.
Many members here in TRF spoke ill of Daniel Westling and "singing praises" the Jonas Bergström. With hindsight, we now know how it was with the loud praising of Jonas and skeptis around Daniel.

Quote:
There is no problem finding pictures of Mette-Marit's "wild time". Nor embarrassing material about Andrew or Charles and Camilla.

Personally, I am glad that the Norwegian people could take Mette-Marit to their hearts and that she did show that the sins of youth is actually possible to forgive and bridge.
Old 07-11-2011, 03:41 PM
Imperial Majesty

We all have opinions of this, and we have right to that. I have always liked about Daniel, and disliked Jonas from the start, he was way too slimy. About Sofia - I canīt respect a woman who has posed at photos that in my opinion are humiliating and degrading for women.
Old 07-11-2011, 09:44 PM
Courtier

Quote:
Originally Posted by LadyFinn View Post
We all have opinions of this, and we have right to that. I have always liked about Daniel, and disliked Jonas from the start, he was way too slimy. About Sofia - I canīt respect a woman who has posed at photos that in my opinion are humiliating and degrading for women.
I wonder if she expresses remorse, much like Mette-Marit did, would people forgive her? If she got a normal job would that help? Does anyone think that she can be redeemed in anyway?

By the way some people have been forgiven like Mette-Marit others like Prince Felipe's ex-girlfriend Eva Sanuum not so much. Who knows what people will forgive unless you ask or she gains respect for standing her ground on the issue.
Old 07-11-2011, 11:14 PM
Serene Highness

Quote:
Originally Posted by jemagre View Post
I wonder if she expresses remorse, much like Mette-Marit did, would people forgive her? If she got a normal job would that help? Does anyone think that she can be redeemed in anyway?

By the way some people have been forgiven like Mette-Marit others like Prince Felipe's ex-girlfriend Eva Sanuum not so much. Who knows what people will forgive unless you ask or she gains respect for standing her ground on the issue.
You may be on to something here. For me, it's not so much the pictures, even though they are tasteless (but young people do silly things), it's the fact that everything for the past year seems geared towards "becoming a princess".

The first I ever heard of Sofia was through an article about her undergoing media training and getting a mentor to help her "look the part".

Then, out of the blue, she's started a charity to help the "poor little Africans", because nothing says "hey, I'm princess material" than helping those in need, especially po' black folk. It seemed like a really desperate ploy to gain credibility.

If she were really interested in helping, and had done a little bit of research, she would have known that starting her own charity was a bad idea, and it would be better if she worked with an established one.

If she wants people to accept her, she's going to need to start doing things that don't look as though their end game is a ring and a title. Does she work? Is she in school? If she's serious about this charity, has she been back to see how things are going? She needs to be like most modern partners and have a life outside who she's dating- even Daniel had his own business. (Perhaps she does and I don't know about it. The press may not talk about her job as a salesperson because it's too boring.)
Old 07-12-2011, 04:11 AM
Imperial Majesty

About Sofia and her dealing with selling of yoga-clothes, she and Carolina Pihl have grounded a business "Drop of mindfulness"
Sofia Hellqvists yoga-kläder - Johannas kungliga modeblogg
The yoga-clothes, obviously even those have to be sexy
Drop of mindfulness
They donate 5 % of the sales to Project Playground.
Old 07-14-2011, 06:59 PM
Majesty

Here is a picture of Sofia,Madeline and,Victoria at a wedding in Paris.

http://2.bp.blogspot.com/-L1M-qgadb-...rticleFull.jpg

It's nice to know they are spending time together!
Old 07-14-2011, 07:11 PM
Administrator
Royal Blogger, TRF Author

I suppose that depends on what you think of the prospect of a princess Sofia. So in my case I would have preferred it if she never made it as far as meeting the in-laws . But well, no pictures of her at Victoria's birthday yet and if she would have been there she must have found camera's by now... (just deducting from the other pictures this month where she is the only one who seems to be looking into (/for?) the cameras. Not quite surprising considering her (past?) ambition to become a celebrity I would say).

But thanks for posting the photo, ILoveCP, I hadn't seen one of them dressed for the wedding yet.
Old 07-14-2011, 07:46 PM
Serene Highness

If she was invited to Princess Victoria's birthday, she would make sure that everyone knew she was there. Pictures of her at the birthay would be all over the place. She would probably tell anyone that would listen she was there. This would get people's attention.
Old 07-14-2011, 07:54 PM
Nobility

Agree

Quote:
Originally Posted by IloveCP View Post

Sofia looks lovley in the blue dress. I like the photo.
Old 07-14-2011, 08:02 PM
Serene Highness

Interesting photo. Victoria and Madeline are close together and Sofia is further away from them. They are ignoring her completely and not including her as they walk to a waiting car. This is the impression that I get from looking at the photo. I don't see any contact between them and Sofia. If you didn't know that Sofia was Prince Carl Phillip's girlfriend, you would assume that she was just another guest at the wedding.
Old 07-14-2011, 08:06 PM
Nobility

Commoner

Quote:
Originally Posted by nascarlucy View Post
Interesting photo. Victoria and Madeline are close together and Sofia is further away from them. They are ignoring her completely and not including her as they walk to a waiting car. This is the impression that I get from looking at the photo. I don't see any contact between them and Sofia. If you didn't know that Sofia was Prince Carl Phillip's girlfriend, you would assume that she was just another guest at the wedding.
Sofia is only a private person who spends time with Carl-Filip - oficially... Thatīs why she goes behind.
Old 07-14-2011, 08:20 PM
Nobility

Victoria does not look happy in that photo
Old 07-14-2011, 09:34 PM
Heir Apparent

Nobody knew that camera was there
Old 07-15-2011, 03:14 AM
Imperial Majesty

Quote:
Originally Posted by Frelinghighness View Post
Nobody knew that camera was there
Probably not, and thatīs why the photo tells the truth.
According to ExpressenTV, Madeleine has told her friends, that during the two days in Paris last week she didnīt talk with Sofia at all, never said a word to her.
ExpressenTV
Old 07-15-2011, 03:42 AM
Gentry

Quote:
Originally Posted by nascarlucy View Post
I read that the photographer said that when Madeleine spotted him across the street, she immediately moved away from Sofia so as to mark a distance.
Old 07-15-2011, 05:56 AM
Heir Presumptive

The occasion on which this photo was taken wasn't just 'a' wedding but the Versailles wedding of Queen Silvia's nephew Patrick Sommerlath, who for many years lived at Drottningholnm Palace with the Royal Family after his parents divorced and practically became a kind of older brother to the royal children; therefore, a large part of the Queen's family must have been present and met Sofia Hellqvist.
Her dress is in a very good color for her but so tight that it looks as if she was sewn into it.
Did anyone see more pics of this rather interesting occasion?
Old 07-15-2011, 06:01 AM
Imperial Majesty

Quote:
Originally Posted by Boris View Post
Did anyone see more pics of this rather interesting occasion?
Boris, in the article of Expressen it was said that the photorapher was from magazine "S", so maybe the photos are on itīs next number. At their website is still the last number, not the new one.
Old 07-15-2011, 06:13 AM
Courtier

Quote:
Originally Posted by IloveCP View Post

I think they are more or less forced to spent time together. The distance between Victoria/Madeleine and Sofia is really telling. Sofia looks to be the only one who enjoys being photographed there.

Closed Thread

Tags
prince carl philip, relationship, relationships