The Royal Forums Coat of Arms

Go Back   The Royal Forums > Reigning Houses > Royal House of Sweden > Current Events Archive

Join The Royal Forums Today
Closed Thread
 
Thread Tools Search this Thread Display Modes
 
  #1461  
Old 07-10-2011, 04:26 PM
Royal Highness
 
Join Date: May 2003
Location: N/A, France
Posts: 1,775
Quote:
Originally Posted by Renata4711 View Post
But then, perhaps he decides to "have his cake and eat it".

What are the (real) objections against Sofia?
The mains objections are the pics she posed for. I have seen the whole of them and I fully understand the objections.
__________________

  #1462  
Old 07-10-2011, 05:43 PM
Karisma's Avatar
Nobility
 
Join Date: Aug 2005
Location: Kristianstad, Sweden
Posts: 371
Quote:
Originally Posted by Sancia View Post
The mains objections are the pics she posed for. I have seen the whole of them and I fully understand the objections.
I myself have not been looking for pictures especially and have no interest to do so. However, it is immaterial what you and I like them. At present, Sofia regarded as a private citizen who associate with royalty. Is the relationship further you need every step of approval from His Majesty the King and the government. We can speculate and ventilate again and again. The closest we get is hearsay and private views.
__________________

  #1463  
Old 07-10-2011, 07:57 PM
ortino's Avatar
Aristocracy
 
Join Date: Feb 2006
Location: washington,dc, United States
Posts: 108
Behavior fit for being a princess?:
1.Sofia has posed nude and not very artistically at that-nude bathroom pictures.
2. Sofia posed in a photo shoot in various sexually suggestive poses as a teenager.
3. Sofia posed in a magazine with a snake wrapped around her and other photos from the session again, show her as in a sexually submissive and suggestive poses.
4. Sofia started a charity, and the bank account number provided for donations was the in her name; a personal bank account.
To each their own, if the Swedish people want her as a consort for HRH Prince Carl Phillip then it's their choice. But, its not up to the Swedish people to decide. Its up to the King to give his consent and approve.
This topic is going round and round. People give their opinions over and over again (myself included).
  #1464  
Old 07-11-2011, 12:49 AM
Courtier
 
Join Date: Apr 2008
Location: everywhere, United States
Posts: 567
Quote:
Originally Posted by KitKat2006 View Post
How do you know that she's doing it? Because contrary to Carl Philip WE don't know her personally. So why do all of you think you know her better than HIM who knows her personally.
I think I phrased that statement wrong. I was making the point that even IF he was being used he should/would know it. Not that he was/is.

I personally have no idea if he is. I would hope he is not.
  #1465  
Old 07-11-2011, 02:03 AM
Karisma's Avatar
Nobility
 
Join Date: Aug 2005
Location: Kristianstad, Sweden
Posts: 371
Quote:
Originally Posted by ortino View Post
Behavior fit for being a princess?:
1.Sofia has posed nude and not very artistically at that-nude bathroom pictures.
2. Sofia posed in a photo shoot in various sexually suggestive poses as a teenager.
3. Sofia posed in a magazine with a snake wrapped around her and other photos from the session again, show her as in a sexually submissive and suggestive poses.
4. Sofia started a charity, and the bank account number provided for donations was the in her name; a personal bank account.
To each their own, if the Swedish people want her as a consort for HRH Prince Carl Phillip then it's their choice. But, its not up to the Swedish people to decide. Its up to the King to give his consent and approve.
This topic is going round and round. People give their opinions over and over again (myself included).
I must start by saying that I have not seen many of the photos of Sofia as many obvious references.

1st Art and artistic talent can have many different views on without one is more right than the other.

2nd I have seen challenged naknfoton of people born in the royal family and, no less, very vulgar texts written by the royals who were born in the royal family.

3rd As with much else artistry is interpreted by the viewer's eye. I have not seen the picture and can not judge them. Pure generally I do not think nudity is the worst thing a person were exposed. Sofia had been a "horse face", has been married before, the mistress of the Prince while she ofiiciellt levdmed her husband, perhaps with children from previous marriages, I would, personally, found it much more inappropriate. But it works all very well in other royal houses so why not? ...

4th Here it's only speculation and we know absolutely int something other than what the gossip columns presented. One must remember that entt claim does not become more true only for several gossip columnists claimed the same thing. On the direct question, said the editor of Aftonbladet: "Our job is to sell as many single copies as possible."

Finally: It is so true that the question of the future will possibly be presented to His Majesty the King and government. But before this happens, the prince have to to decide what he wants, with whom, and "how he wants to live".
  #1466  
Old 07-11-2011, 04:39 AM
Monna's Avatar
Aristocracy
 
Join Date: Oct 2004
Location: -, Czech Republic
Posts: 178
Quote:
Originally Posted by Karisma View Post
1st Art and artistic talent can have many different views on without one is more right than the other.
Art? Those photos are not artistic at all, they`re soft porn. If you didn`t see them, why do you comment on this topic?
  #1467  
Old 07-11-2011, 04:51 AM
Royal Highness
 
Join Date: May 2003
Location: N/A, France
Posts: 1,775
I think the point Karisma tries to raise is the following: only the King and the Queen can decide if Sofia is fit to enter in the royal family. But I oppose to this another point, which is Sofia will most probably have a public life as princess of Sweden, and I highly doubt everyone will happily accept to have social relations with a girl who posed for soft porn pics (yes, these pics are porn, there are few doubts about it) and which does not give any signs this is something she regrets and that could have many impacts for the charity work the future princess may be able to do.
I have no objections with commoner princesses, I had no objections with Mette-Marit but I fully understand why people have objections with a maybe future princesse who was paid for posing for porn pics, even if they were soft porn.
  #1468  
Old 07-11-2011, 05:00 AM
Karisma's Avatar
Nobility
 
Join Date: Aug 2005
Location: Kristianstad, Sweden
Posts: 371
Read the topic

Quote:
Originally Posted by Monna View Post
Art? Those photos are not artistic at all, they`re soft porn. If you didn`t see them, why do you comment on this topic?
Why does Moderator allow writing about pictures that TRF members can´t see on links in the Forums as we are used to? Why do You write here? This thred is NOT about pictures. It´s "Press Reports About Prince Carl Philip and Sofia Hellqvist.
  #1469  
Old 07-11-2011, 05:08 AM
Boris's Avatar
Heir Presumptive
 
Join Date: Dec 2004
Location: Los Angeles, United States
Posts: 2,203
Karisma, since you are repeatedly stating that you did not see yourself the kind of nude pictures Sofia Hellqvist posed for, but keep writing about them regardless and even start a discussion about what's art and what's not, perhaps it would be rather helpful if you formed your opinion by looking at them?

(edit JessRulz - remove link)
  #1470  
Old 07-11-2011, 05:10 AM
Karisma's Avatar
Nobility
 
Join Date: Aug 2005
Location: Kristianstad, Sweden
Posts: 371
Quote:
Originally Posted by Monna View Post
Art? Those photos are not artistic at all, they`re soft porn. If you didn`t see them, why do you comment on this topic?
In Sweden it is now an exhibition at the photography museum in Stockholm. It is much talked about, because it shows naked and half naked men, their genitals and images is very contrived. Art experts are not unanimous about the exhibition. But most people consider it an art exhibition. Is not it true that the images are pictures, but the eye of the beholder, they can be perceived as a creator is not intended?

Quote:
Originally Posted by Boris View Post
Karisma, since you are repeatedly stating that you did not see yourself the kind of nude pictures Sofia Hellqvist posed for, but keep writing about them regardless and even start a discussion about what's art and what's not, perhaps it would be rather helpful if you formed your opinion by looking at them?
I don´t like the pictures. Thank You for the link. But I still mean that it´s to soon to judge Sofia. Time will show.
  #1471  
Old 07-11-2011, 05:21 AM
Royal Highness
 
Join Date: May 2003
Location: N/A, France
Posts: 1,775
Quote:
Originally Posted by Karisma View Post
Why does Moderator allow writing about pictures that TRF members can´t see on links in the Forums as we are used to? Why do You write here? This thred is NOT about pictures. It´s "Press Reports About Prince Carl Philip and Sofia Hellqvist.
These pictures are part of press reports concerning Sofia Hellqvist.

About art, I am not against all nudity in art but I really don't see anything artistic in Sofia's pics.
  #1472  
Old 07-11-2011, 06:21 AM
Heir Apparent
 
Join Date: Aug 2008
Location: Edinburgh, United Kingdom
Posts: 3,502
I get the picture ! (At last..) Okay, so she is posing in the nude....

I can't see how (or if) Carl Philip can have her as a consort.
But perhaps that is not what he intends...
  #1473  
Old 07-11-2011, 06:28 AM
Duke of Marmalade's Avatar
Imperial Majesty
TRF Author
 
Join Date: May 2007
Location: Frankfurt am Main, Germany
Posts: 11,563
Quote:
Originally Posted by Renata4711 View Post
I can't see how (or if) Carl Philip can have her as a consort.
But perhaps that is not what he intends...
If he wasnt serious about the relationship, he would not move in with her and drag her along when on holiday with his parents ...
Sofia doesnt look like a girl who would end up "used" by CP, she will make sure that the relationship will live up to HER expactations too, not only his.
  #1474  
Old 07-11-2011, 07:34 AM
JessRulz's Avatar
Administrator
Blog Editor
Royal Blogger
 
Join Date: Nov 2005
Location: Melbourne, Australia
Posts: 6,776
Just a quick reminder that,
  • posting any content deemed by us to be obscene, sexually explicit, vulgar, threatening, harassing, or abusive;
  • posting content containing nudity or violence;
is against forum terms and conditions.

Swedish Forum Moderators
__________________
**TRF Rules and FAQ**
  #1475  
Old 07-11-2011, 09:12 AM
csw csw is offline
Nobility
 
Join Date: Jul 2010
Location: Columbus, United States
Posts: 434
Quote:
Originally Posted by Lady Felicity M View Post
As the old saying goes, love is blind
...apparently not...

(I know that was catty and I apologize but I couldn't resist) I actually don't have an opinion on here either way.
  #1476  
Old 07-11-2011, 10:04 AM
KitKat2006's Avatar
Courtier
 
Join Date: Aug 2009
Location: Oldenburg, Germany
Posts: 593
Quote:
Originally Posted by Sancia View Post
I think the point Karisma tries to raise is the following: only the King and the Queen can decide if Sofia is fit to enter in the royal family. But I oppose to this another point, which is Sofia will most probably have a public life as princess of Sweden, and I highly doubt everyone will happily accept to have social relations with a girl who posed for soft porn pics (yes, these pics are porn, there are few doubts about it) and which does not give any signs this is something she regrets and that could have many impacts for the charity work the future princess may be able to do.
I have no objections with commoner princesses, I had no objections with Mette-Marit but I fully understand why people have objections with a maybe future princesse who was paid for posing for porn pics, even if they were soft porn.
And WHAT is wrong with porn these days? We're in the 21st century. Not in the 18th or 19th. Nude skin is not a crime these days. Contrary to doing drugs (Mette-Marit) or having contacts to dictators and terrorists and not seeing anything wrong with it (Andrew).

And we shouldn't forget that we're just talking about a non-official girlfriend of a prince here and not about an official girlfriend/fiancée/wife. She doesn't have to be princess material in this stage of their relationship. And when the time comes that she has to be princess material it's early enough to discuss it. We're talking about bridges that we didn't even come across right now.
__________________
Prejudice is opinion without judgement.
- Voltaire (1694 - 1778) -

I'm a firm supporter of fair chance's.
Use your chance, Sofia. You're doing a fine job so far.
  #1477  
Old 07-11-2011, 10:13 AM
Karisma's Avatar
Nobility
 
Join Date: Aug 2005
Location: Kristianstad, Sweden
Posts: 371
Very good captured

Quote:
Originally Posted by KitKat2006 View Post
And WHAT is wrong with porn these days? We're in the 21st century. Not in the 18th or 19th. Nude skin is not a crime these days. Contrary to doing drugs (Mette-Marit) or having contacts to dictators and terrorists and not seeing anything wrong with it (Andrew).

And we shouldn't forget that we're just talking about a non-official girlfriend of a prince here and not about an official girlfriend/fiancée/wife. She doesn't have to be princess material in this stage of their relationship. And when the time comes that she has to be princess material it's early enough to discuss it. We're talking about bridges that we didn't even come across right now.
You've captured my mind in a very good way. Can the heir apparent in other countries have mistresses (married elsewhere) behind the back of his royal consort, and then, when the consort no longer exists in the picture, marry the mistress, and still be accepted, (and former drug addicts be repent and loved) , so should a person who in his youth proved too much skin could also get a chance. In any case, one would think that condemnations may wait until you have seen how the romance developed.
  #1478  
Old 07-11-2011, 10:32 AM
Duke of Marmalade's Avatar
Imperial Majesty
TRF Author
 
Join Date: May 2007
Location: Frankfurt am Main, Germany
Posts: 11,563
Obviously the Sofia pictures are in a category (as per Jessrulz's post) that cannot be posted her for these reasons:
  • posting any content deemed by us to be obscene, sexually explicit, vulgar, threatening, harassing, or abusive;
  • posting content containing nudity or violence;
That speaks volumes, doesnt it?

It cheapens the Swedish monarchy and Swedish monarch couple to associate with Sofia and her background (see holiday pictures) and it doesnt matter if she is an official or non-official girlfriend. Boy, the standard is getting pretty low. Victoria had to fight for her relationship with a hard working & educated fitness trainer for many years.


btw, its a difference if people KNOW about a shady past such as Mette-Marit, Mabel etc or if people can SEE the actual proof, as in Sofia's case.
  #1479  
Old 07-11-2011, 10:39 AM
LadyFinn's Avatar
Imperial Majesty
 
Join Date: Jun 2007
Location: Southwest, Finland
Posts: 22,522
Quote:
Originally Posted by Duke of Marmalade View Post
btw, its a difference if people KNOW about a shady past such as Mette-Marit, Mabel etc or if people can SEE the actual proof, as in Sofia's case.
I totally agree with you.
  #1480  
Old 07-11-2011, 10:54 AM
Fürstin Taxis's Avatar
Serene Highness
 
Join Date: Dec 2008
Location: Garatshausen, Germany
Posts: 1,115
In future it´s not "Princesses by birth, Princesses by marriage and Princesses of Monaco" anymore, no Monaco will be replaced by Sweden
__________________

__________________

To be a legend, you've either got to be dead or excessively old!
Christopher Lee
Closed Thread

Tags
prince carl philip, relationship, relationships


Currently Active Users Viewing This Thread: 1 (0 members and 1 guests)
 
Thread Tools Search this Thread
Search this Thread:

Advanced Search
Display Modes

Posting Rules
You may not post new threads
You may not post replies
You may not post attachments
You may not edit your posts

BB code is On
Smilies are On
[IMG] code is On
HTML code is Off
Trackbacks are Off
Pingbacks are Off
Refbacks are Off


Similar Threads
Thread Thread Starter Forum Replies Last Post
Press Reports about Carl Philip and Sofia Hellqvist, Part 2: April 2012 - June 2014 Marengo Current Events Archive 2016 06-27-2014 12:18 PM




Popular Tags
ascot 2016 best gown best gown september 2016 best hat best outfit catherine middleton style countess of wessex's eveningwear coup d'etat crown prince haakon crown princess mary crown princess mary fashion crown princess mette-marit current events danish royal family duarte duchess of cambridge dutch state visit e-mail fashion poll grand duke jean greece jean kate middleton king abdullah ii king felipe king felipe vi king willem-alexander member introduction monarchy new zealand nobel gala norway november 2016 october 2016 opening of parliament picture of the week prince bernhard prince charles princess marie princess mary princess mary daytime fashion princess mary fashion princess mary hats queen letizia queen letizia casual outfits queen letizia daytime fashion queen letizia fashion queen letizia style queen mathilde queen mathildes fashion queen mathildes outfits queen maxima queen maxima casual wear queen maxima daytime fashion queen maxima fashion queen maxima hats queen maxima style queen rania royal fashion september 2016 spanish queen state visit state visit to denmark succession sweden the duchess of cambridge the duchess of cambridge casual wear the duchess of cambridge daytime fashion the duchess of cambridge fashion the duchess of cambridge hats


Our Communities

Our communities encompass many different hobbies and interests, but each one is built on friendly, intelligent membership.

» More about our Communities

Automotive Communities

Our Automotive communities encompass many different makes and models. From U.S. domestics to European Saloons.

» More about our Automotive Communities

Marine Communities

Our Marine websites focus on Cruising and Sailing Vessels, including forums and the largest cruising Wiki project on the web today.

» More about our Marine Communities


Copyright 2002- Social Knowledge, LLC All Rights Reserved.

All times are GMT -4. The time now is 08:59 AM.

Social Knowledge Networks

eXTReMe Tracker
Powered by vBulletin
Copyright ©2000 - 2016
Jelsoft Enterprises