The Royal Forums Coat of Arms

Go Back   The Royal Forums > Reigning Houses > Royal House of Sweden > Current Events Archive

Join The Royal Forums Today
Closed Thread
 
Thread Tools Search this Thread Display Modes
 
  #1361  
Old 06-15-2011, 03:53 AM
Marengo's Avatar
Administrator
Royal Blogger, TRF Author
 
Join Date: Aug 2004
Location: Amsterdam, Netherlands
Posts: 17,635
You are more than welcome to discuss any soft erotic photo shoot/ other pictures that you find shocking of born-royals in the various threads concerning these royals. I don't understand why you would claim otherwise.
__________________

__________________
TRF Rules and FAQ
  #1362  
Old 06-15-2011, 03:13 PM
Karisma's Avatar
Nobility
 
Join Date: Aug 2005
Location: Kristianstad, Sweden
Posts: 371
Different rules

Quote:
Originally Posted by Marengo View Post
You are more than welcome to discuss any soft erotic photo shoot/ other pictures that you find shocking of born-royals in the various threads concerning these royals. I don't understand why you would claim otherwise.
I've tried that but different administrators have different tolerances and that's probably why I understand that there is censorship in some forums. But thanks for pointing that out - I'll try when the time is right.
__________________

  #1363  
Old 06-16-2011, 10:43 AM
Bine221's Avatar
Serene Highness
 
Join Date: Aug 2005
Location: Munich, Germany
Posts: 1,317
Get out your tissues, guys .....

According to German Celebrity magazine "Bunte" palace insiders are already talking about an engagement..... 2 hints for them:

1) Bertil Ternet confirmed, that the 2 are living togehter in the same flat now.
2) Carl Philipp and Sofia has been seen walking through the town holding hands visible for everybody (pls see pics by following the link) as if he wanted to show: "she belongs to me".

Carl Philip von Schweden: Wird seine Sofia bald Prinzessin? - BUNTE

Additionally the article claims, that both are living in the upper floor of a Villa in Durgarden (North of Stockholm) now and that Sofia is heavily designing the interior (meubles, curtains etc), whereas in the garage CP is reactivating the old lightblue Porsche from Prince Bertil.

BYe Bine
  #1364  
Old 06-16-2011, 11:35 AM
Boris's Avatar
Heir Presumptive
 
Join Date: Dec 2004
Location: Los Angeles, United States
Posts: 2,203
Seems that whenever 'Bunte' doesn't copy the content of posts in this forum, 'Bunte' copies a complete article from 'Svensk Dam Tidning'.
  #1365  
Old 06-17-2011, 08:05 AM
Bine221's Avatar
Serene Highness
 
Join Date: Aug 2005
Location: Munich, Germany
Posts: 1,317
Quote:
Originally Posted by Boris View Post
Seems that whenever 'Bunte' doesn't copy the content of posts in this forum, 'Bunte' copies a complete article from 'Svensk Dam Tidning'.
Haha, this could be the way journalism works in these days . Of course local newspapers/magazins are better informed than foreign ones, so they are using them as a source (finally they are claiming where they have the information from -- the article states several times "Expressen" as the original source).

Well, regarding the engagement rumors -- only time will tell. The other stuff (moving together etc) seems to be correct -- and of course the pics as well.
BYe Bine
  #1366  
Old 06-17-2011, 08:17 AM
Heir Apparent
 
Join Date: Aug 2008
Location: Edinburgh, United Kingdom
Posts: 3,502
I think Carl Philip and Madeleine should be left alone with whoever he/she wishes.

It's unlikely that either will accede to the throne, so let them have a resonably normal life.
  #1367  
Old 06-17-2011, 08:30 AM
Duke of Marmalade's Avatar
Imperial Majesty
TRF Author
 
Join Date: May 2007
Location: Frankfurt am Main, Germany
Posts: 11,557
Quote:
Originally Posted by Renata4711 View Post
It's unlikely that either will accede to the throne, so let them have a resonably normal life.
A reasonably "normal" life paid for by the taxpayer in exchange for the odd duty per month?
As long as the public has to fork out the bill for the lifestyle, they want to have the right to comment.
Let go of the apanage and the royal title and get a job - only then they can do whatever them pleases, in my opinion.

CP could ascent to the throne easily - with his future wife - not everybody is able to have children, it is not that uncommon, even in royalty.
  #1368  
Old 06-17-2011, 09:25 AM
KitKat2006's Avatar
Courtier
 
Join Date: Aug 2009
Location: Oldenburg, Germany
Posts: 593
Quote:
Originally Posted by Duke of Marmalade View Post
A reasonably "normal" life paid for by the taxpayer in exchange for the odd duty per month?
As long as the public has to fork out the bill for the lifestyle, they want to have the right to comment.
Let go of the apanage and the royal title and get a job - only then they can do whatever them pleases, in my opinion.

CP could ascent to the throne easily - with his future wife - not everybody is able to have children, it is not that uncommon, even in royalty.
Your statement is wrong. Only the king and the crown princess are given apanages. No-one else. So no-one else can be expected to "work" for this "company".Only Carl Gustaf and Victoria are officially employed by this special company so only they can be hold responsible if they don't work enough. It doesn't matter if Silvia, Daniel, Madeleine and Carl Philip live of that money too, because they get it from their spouses / dad. They're given that money from those ones who earn it and those who earn it can do with their earned money whatever they want. And no spouse or child can be expected to work for the company their spouse or dad works for, only because they're living of that money too. It's completely irrelevant if that spouses / dads are king / crown princess or doctors in the local hospital or firefighters or secretarys. At least in Germany my dads or moms boss never expected me to work a few days per month for them, because I was living of that money they made by him. I may not know everything, but I think it's the same in every other country.
__________________
Prejudice is opinion without judgement.
- Voltaire (1694 - 1778) -

I'm a firm supporter of fair chance's.
Use your chance, Sofia. You're doing a fine job so far.
  #1369  
Old 06-17-2011, 09:47 AM
Duke of Marmalade's Avatar
Imperial Majesty
TRF Author
 
Join Date: May 2007
Location: Frankfurt am Main, Germany
Posts: 11,557
Quote:
Originally Posted by KitKat2006 View Post
Your statement is wrong. Only the king and the crown princess are given apanages. No-one else. So no-one else can be expected to "work" for this "company".Only Carl Gustaf and Victoria are officially employed by this special company so only they can be hold responsible if they don't work enough. It doesn't matter if Silvia, Daniel, Madeleine and Carl Philip live of that money too, because they get it from their spouses / dad. They're given that money from those ones who earn it and those who earn it can do with their earned money whatever they want. And no spouse or child can be expected to work for the company their spouse or dad works for, only because they're living of that money too. It's completely irrelevant if that spouses / dads are king / crown princess or doctors in the local hospital or firefighters or secretarys. At least in Germany my dads or moms boss never expected me to work a few days per month for them, because I was living of that money they made by him. I may not know everything, but I think it's the same in every other country.
As per Lady Finn in the Madeleine thread
From the interview of Bertil Ternert, the Director of the Information and Press Department of the swedish court:

How does Madeleine pay her living in New York?
- She does not acknowledge any salary from it (Childhood Foundation). She is also a person who gets a part of the apanage. Then you should know that my salary is also paid from the apanage.
Does Madeleine live to 100 percent with athe apanage?
- I do not know if she has any compensation otherwise.

"Hon har en del av apanaget" | Newzglobe.com

Both siblings may not be required to work by agreement but still they are indirectly paid by the taxpayer for doing only very little.

My point is: by continuing like this, the SRF will saw off the branch they are sitting on, sooner or later.
No other monarchy pays their members part of the apanage for car racing or shopping in NY. Its just one piece of many coming together when forming a negative opinion of the SRF these days.
  #1370  
Old 06-17-2011, 10:22 AM
KitKat2006's Avatar
Courtier
 
Join Date: Aug 2009
Location: Oldenburg, Germany
Posts: 593
Madeleine and Carl Philip may get a part of it, but it's still the money their parents and elder sister are getting officially. And they're only getting it for official dutys. Privetly they don't live from tax money. So where is the problem? All of them are getting their clothes, accomodations, plane tickets, etc paid when they "work". And when they don't "work" they don't get paid from tax money but live from their own money. It's as simple as that.

Google Übersetzer
__________________
Prejudice is opinion without judgement.
- Voltaire (1694 - 1778) -

I'm a firm supporter of fair chance's.
Use your chance, Sofia. You're doing a fine job so far.
  #1371  
Old 06-17-2011, 12:20 PM
Boris's Avatar
Heir Presumptive
 
Join Date: Dec 2004
Location: Los Angeles, United States
Posts: 2,203
I'm very sorry KitKat2006, but the larger part of the information provided under the link you posted is incorrect, and so is your description of the distribution of the apanage.
In Sweden, the ONLY one who receives money directly from the state is The King.
No other member of the royal family has his or her own individual budget, since the total sum is solely distributed by King Carl Gustaf, without disclosing which part of this sum he allots individual family members for their personal use.
This constitutes a lack of transparency which IMHO should be generally reconsidered in the future.
PR Chief Ternert obviously (and rather unnecessarily) confirmed that part of the state allowance goes towards the royal 'children' indeed, another example of him talking too frequently to the Swedish tabloids and saying far too much, I'd say.
Regarding Sofia Helqvist and the question of finances in the relationship with Prince Carl Philip - since she did not hold a job when she met the Prince and has only very recently managed to launch her own yoga clothing line, I should think that she contributes very little to the lifestyle she and the Prince have now, which in turn is partly financed by the Swedish taxpayer.
  #1372  
Old 06-17-2011, 02:42 PM
Karisma's Avatar
Nobility
 
Join Date: Aug 2005
Location: Kristianstad, Sweden
Posts: 371
Quote:
Originally Posted by Renata4711 View Post
I think Carl Philip and Madeleine should be left alone with whoever he/she wishes.

It's unlikely that either will accede to the throne, so let them have a resonably normal life.
I fully agree with your opinion, as indeed most of the Swedish people also seem to do!
  #1373  
Old 06-17-2011, 04:29 PM
KitKat2006's Avatar
Courtier
 
Join Date: Aug 2009
Location: Oldenburg, Germany
Posts: 593
Quote:
Originally Posted by Boris View Post
I'm very sorry KitKat2006, but the larger part of the information provided under the link you posted is incorrect, and so is your description of the distribution of the apanage.
In Sweden, the ONLY one who receives money directly from the state is The King.
No other member of the royal family has his or her own individual budget, since the total sum is solely distributed by King Carl Gustaf, without disclosing which part of this sum he allots individual family members for their personal use.
This constitutes a lack of transparency which IMHO should be generally reconsidered in the future.
PR Chief Ternert obviously (and rather unnecessarily) confirmed that part of the state allowance goes towards the royal 'children' indeed, another example of him talking too frequently to the Swedish tabloids and saying far too much, I'd say.
Regarding Sofia Helqvist and the question of finances in the relationship with Prince Carl Philip - since she did not hold a job when she met the Prince and has only very recently managed to launch her own yoga clothing line, I should think that she contributes very little to the lifestyle she and the Prince have now, which in turn is partly financed by the Swedish taxpayer.
In that case why is everyone always discussing the money of the rest of the family. Because if your information is right (which I don't think, because I once read an interview where it was stated that the crown princess gets her own apanage since she's of age) the king is earning the family money and decides how much he spends for his wife and his kids just like every other man who's the only working member of the family. So why don't we judge them too if we judge the royal families? How is the average Joe judged different than the king when it comes to the money they're earning in their jobs? Isn't that discriminating the royal family if we expect them to work twice for their money while the average family just has to work once for it?

And another question I'd like to add is if anyone here who got pocket money even once in his/her life, has worked for this money in the company where his/her dad worked? If not, why not? Because you lived of that money too. So it's only fair if you worked for it too. Does anyone see the idiocy of this idea now when it is put like that? I definitely hope so.
__________________
Prejudice is opinion without judgement.
- Voltaire (1694 - 1778) -

I'm a firm supporter of fair chance's.
Use your chance, Sofia. You're doing a fine job so far.
  #1374  
Old 06-17-2011, 04:53 PM
Boris's Avatar
Heir Presumptive
 
Join Date: Dec 2004
Location: Los Angeles, United States
Posts: 2,203
Quote:
Originally Posted by KitKat2006 View Post
Because if your information is right (which I don't think, because I once read an interview where it was stated that the crown princess gets her own apanage since she's of age)
I think you are confusing an alotted apanage with an own household (meaning ceremonial and office staff) within the organization of the Royal Court, which both Queen Silvia and CP Victoria indeed have.
Quote:
the king is earning the family money and decides how much he spends for his wife and his kids just like every other man who's the only working member of the family
Forunately The King is not the only working member of this family; and the 'breadwinner' equation hardly fits the concept and meaning of a constitutional monarchy.
Quote:
How is the average Joe judged different than the king when it comes to the money they're earning in their jobs?
Because The King happens to be a reigning monarch and Head of State, not a company's employee, and his apanage is paid for by his people, not a company owner.
  #1375  
Old 06-17-2011, 06:16 PM
Karisma's Avatar
Nobility
 
Join Date: Aug 2005
Location: Kristianstad, Sweden
Posts: 371
Apanage

Officially, only the King and HRH Crown Princess receiving apange. The fact that the royal household, but the king's consent, may allocate apanaget - well, that's another thing.

Regarding appanage one should not forget that the reason it is at all based on, is that when King Carl XVI Gustaf ancestor of King Karl XIV Johan was elected king of the Swedish Parliament in 1810 (he took then as king in 1818) so he paid the then Swedish in international comparison colossal national debt out of pocket, towards the future monarchs of his royal house in the future would receive in a given appanage.
  #1376  
Old 06-20-2011, 07:50 AM
Grace chic's Avatar
Aristocracy
 
Join Date: Apr 2011
Location: dublin/Paris, France
Posts: 128
I wasn't sure what to make of this relationship but they look happy together. She is not perfect princess material but if she makes him happy why not. It is unlikly she will ever be Queen so I think Carl Philip should see and marry whom ever he wants.
  #1377  
Old 06-20-2011, 11:35 AM
Moonmaiden23's Avatar
Majesty
 
Join Date: Jul 2007
Location: Los Angeles, United States
Posts: 6,460
"It is unlikely she will ever be Queen" is far from the truth.

Victoria and Daniel are in their mid-thirties and have faced serious health issues in their respective pasts....they have now been married a year, and Victoria has not become pregnant.

That in itself is no cause for alarm, but to think that they will conceive easily might be overstating it.
  #1378  
Old 06-22-2011, 06:09 PM
Karisma's Avatar
Nobility
 
Join Date: Aug 2005
Location: Kristianstad, Sweden
Posts: 371
Speculations

I am amazed at how people fabricate and find the "non material"!

Given how long the crownprincess had to wait to marry her Daniel, I am totally convinced that it had not provided any "known health problems" without it they have been well investigated.

Had a child come soon after marriage, it would also have led to speculation.
  #1379  
Old 06-22-2011, 06:28 PM
Moonmaiden23's Avatar
Majesty
 
Join Date: Jul 2007
Location: Los Angeles, United States
Posts: 6,460
Daniel had a kidney transplant not long before the wedding. He will need to take anti-rejection medication to make sure the kidney continues to work...if not, it will spell DISASTER, Karisma...and Victoria had a well documented bout with anorexia nervosa that required medical treatment.

As far as I know, those BOTH fall under the category of "known health problems" serious ones at that.

Which part of this strikes you as fabrication?
  #1380  
Old 06-22-2011, 07:55 PM
Karisma's Avatar
Nobility
 
Join Date: Aug 2005
Location: Kristianstad, Sweden
Posts: 371
What do we know for sure?

Quote:
Originally Posted by Moonmaiden23 View Post
Daniel had a kidney transplant not long before the wedding. He will need to take anti-rejection medication to make sure the kidney continues to work...if not, it will spell DISASTER, Karisma...and Victoria had a well documented bout with anorexia nervosa that required medical treatment.

As far as I know, those BOTH fall under the category of "known health problems" serious ones at that.

Which part of this strikes you as fabrication?
My Mother always said that she would rather have a disease of the body than a bad review.

You write all the time, based on worst case scenario. Neither You nor I know anything about sickness learned that will affect us or our loved ones. Nor do we know anything about the princess and her husband. It would be much nicer with a single post from You with positive thinking.

Neither You nor I have been in the couple's bedroom so what do we know for sure?
__________________

Closed Thread

Tags
prince carl philip, relationship, relationships


Currently Active Users Viewing This Thread: 1 (0 members and 1 guests)
 
Thread Tools Search this Thread
Search this Thread:

Advanced Search
Display Modes

Posting Rules
You may not post new threads
You may not post replies
You may not post attachments
You may not edit your posts

BB code is On
Smilies are On
[IMG] code is On
HTML code is Off
Trackbacks are Off
Pingbacks are Off
Refbacks are Off


Similar Threads
Thread Thread Starter Forum Replies Last Post
Press Reports about Carl Philip and Sofia Hellqvist, Part 2: April 2012 - June 2014 Marengo Current Events Archive 2016 06-27-2014 12:18 PM




Popular Tags
ascot 2016 best gown best gown september 2016 best hat best outfit best outfit 2016 catherine middleton style countess of wessex coup d'etat crown prince haakon crown princess mary crown princess mary fashion crown princess mette-marit current events dom duarte duchess of cambridge e-mail fashion poll felipe vi grand duchess josephine-charlotte grand duke jean greece kate middleton king abdullah ii king carl gustaf's birthday king felipe king felipe vi king willem-alexander member introduction monarchy new zealand nobel gala norway november 2016 october 2016 opening of parliament picture of the week prince bernhard prince charles princess madeleine princess marie princess mary princess mary daytime fashion princess mary fashion princess mary hats queen letizia queen letizia casual outfits queen letizia daytime fashion queen letizia fashion queen letizia style queen mathilde queen mathildes outfits queen maxima queen maxima casual wear queen maxima daytime fashion queen maxima fashion queen maxima hats queen maxima style queen rania royal fashion september 2016 state visit state visit to denmark succession sweden the duchess of cambridge the duchess of cambridge casual wear the duchess of cambridge daytime fashion the duchess of cambridge fashion the duchess of cambridge hats


Our Communities

Our communities encompass many different hobbies and interests, but each one is built on friendly, intelligent membership.

» More about our Communities

Automotive Communities

Our Automotive communities encompass many different makes and models. From U.S. domestics to European Saloons.

» More about our Automotive Communities

Marine Communities

Our Marine websites focus on Cruising and Sailing Vessels, including forums and the largest cruising Wiki project on the web today.

» More about our Marine Communities


Copyright 2002- Social Knowledge, LLC All Rights Reserved.

All times are GMT -4. The time now is 03:18 PM.

Social Knowledge Networks

eXTReMe Tracker
Powered by vBulletin
Copyright ©2000 - 2016
Jelsoft Enterprises