Press Reports about Carl Philip and Sofia Hellqvist, Part 1: Jan. 2010 - April 2012

If you have answers, please help by responding to the unanswered posts.
Status
Not open for further replies.
Paavo Lipponen, who is also a candidate at the presidential election on 22nd January, met Sofia at the concert. He said: Finland and Sweden have a strong bond. I have had Victoria twice at my table partner on a dinner. The royal family is great and Sofia is a wonderful part of the charming young persons in the family.
Paavo Lipponenkin tapasi Sofian: Viehättävä! | Viihde | Iltalehti.fi
What a strange Presidential candidate, not knowing who is a member of the Royal Family in the neighboring country and who is not.

A few more pics of Miss Hellqvist extraordinarily enjoying the limelight (in what capacity did Miss Hellqvist’s sister attend?):
ImageShack® - Online Photo and Video Hosting
http://imageshack.us/photo/my-images/685/20120105pd8487.jpg/

Last edited:
What's more astounding than this sentence, is that you actually mean it. How disgusting that you would wish misery upon someone simply for who they dated.

It's clearly obvious to see that I don't wish him actual misery;).
I'm just describing how disgusted I am with CP! And I'm very disgusted:)

Thanks for the pics Boris:)

It's sickening how much she likes attention.
I thought Paris Hilton and the Kardashians were bad. Sofia takes the cake.

The process is in full swing and reaching a level where it becomes absurd, phony and downright annoying.
Of course a personality can evolve, and the Sofia H. posing fully nude for strictly un-artistic pics in 2008 is not necessarily the same Sofia H. now.
But all the aggressive pushing and pulling the strings here, a spin and make-over which is re-writing her life story, a Mother Theresa image based on a few trips to South Africa for the charity of her friend, and a 'royal' visit abroad...
...sorry, but all these efforts to re-invent the woman for the sake of public acceptance are so obvious that they're becoming laughable and make her appear even more like a fake than she might be.
Her decisions to keep talking to the media, to have people constantly talk on her behalf to the media, and to make a media event trip like this one now only serve to prove the very probable assumption that her main goal in life has remained exactly the same it has been ever since going for nude pictures in her teens: Becoming known, being famous, reaching a celebrity status.

Who was it who said: 'There's nothing drearier than ambition without talent' ?

I completely agree.
It irks me that the royal court is playing along with all this.

Last edited:

I must say, she is certainly putting on airs. She has a lot of nerve acting like this and as if she's on an official engagement and I am sure that the Swedish courtiers are spitting nails.

She certainly seems to possess some narcissistic tendencies... The part about presidential candidate (and ex-prime minister) Lipponen meeting Sofia was especially nauseating (with pics too). Two people fancying themselves as royalty meeting eachother both hoping to advance their career... Just yuck.

I guess we all see what we want to see, but honestly I don't see anything off about her smiles or her poses for photographers. Seems like a pretty young lady attending a concert and enjoying herself. Pretty normal in my books.

She certainly seems to possess some narcissistic tendencies... The part about presidential candidate (and ex-prime minister) Lipponen meeting Sofia was especially nauseating (with pics too). Two people fancying themselves as royalty meeting eachother both hoping to advance their career... Just yuck.
Exactly my feelings,I couldn't have imagined neither Kate Middleton nor Charlene meeting and partying with president (or other) candidates even before the engagement.
Anyway,Sophia must be very sure of herself and her future role in the royal family.She is much more sure than Daniel,Jonas or Emma...

Exactly my feelings,I couldn't have imagined neither Kate Middleton nor Charlene meeting and partying with president (or other) candidates even before the engagement.
Anyway,Sophia must be very sure of herself and her future role in the royal family.She is much more sure than Daniel,Jonas or Emma...

She's just doing her JOB, for gods sake! What's she suppossed to do different? Wear jeans and T-shirt on an engagement like that? Along with a baseball cap to hide so no-one can photograph her? Well, that would be very productive for a charity project owner, wouldn't it?

I guess we all see what we want to see, but honestly I don't see anything off about her smiles or her poses for photographers. Seems like a pretty young lady attending a concert and enjoying herself. Pretty normal in my books.

Finally someone who isn't in on this ridiculous witch-hunt against Sofia. Thanks heaven!!!

Sofia hellqvist receives a donation for her charity organisation 'project playground' - cozycot

A video of Sofia´s speech (I don´t know if you can see it outside Finland)
Sofia Hellqvist päätti puheensa suomalaisittain - Katsomo - Ohjelmat - Uutisextra

Before the concert today, Sofia is having a lunch with the president of Finland, Tarja Halonen and her husband, dr. Pentti Arajärvi. The others who attend the lunch are: the headmaster of the Sibelius Academy Gustav Djupsjöbacka, the Managing Director of the Finlandia Hall, Johanna Tolonen, and the presidential candidate, Pekka Haavisto with his husband, Antonio Nexar Flores.
- Here is just a wonderful atmosphere, a lot of happy people. The Swedish guests are fond of the Finns and delighted of how well they are treated. They are very easygoing, Head of Press Relations Maija Koski says to MTV3.
Sofia will attend the concert, which starts at 14.00 and held another speech. The concert ends at 16.00 and Sofia leaves from Finland at 18.00.
Sofia Hellqvist lounastaa Tarja Halosen kanssa - MTV3.fi

President Tarja Halonen and dr. Pentti Arajärvi arriving to the Strauss concert, posing with Sofia
http://suomenkuvalehti.fi/s/mediagallery/2012/1/6/736110/wj061339v.jpg
http://suomenkuvalehti.fi/s/mediagallery/2012/1/6/736109/wj061338v.jpg
http://suomenkuvalehti.fi/s/mediagallery/2012/1/6/736111/wj061340v.jpg

Last edited:
President Tarja Halonen and dr. Pentti Arajärvi arriving to the Strauss concert, posing with Sofia
Why...??

So in her latest make-over effort, Miss Hellqvist is going to such lengths that she chooses to dress in the modified version of a Nun's outfit... or of a pupil's uniform from a well-bred girls' convent school.
Blatantly obvious and therefore rather on the comical side, IMO.

The President and her husband don't appear to be too thrilled, in sharp contrast to the girlfriend of the Swedish Prince:

I hop that if there is an engagement it is thru love, and that they will be happy!

I hop that if there is an engagement it is thru love, and that they will be happy!
I think it will be an engagement announcement soon(guessing from Sophia's photos near The President of Finland),in this case I do hope it's a reciprocal love.
Even I don't know Sophia personally and don't like her very much,I must admit she is anyway a personality in comparison with Carl-Phillip's ex-girlfriend.Emma was pretty and educated,but nothing more than that, I guess she is very frustrated as Sophia obtained the popularity that Emma never had in 10 years of her relationship with prince.

A video of Sofia´s speech (I don´t know if you can see it outside Finland)
Sofia Hellqvist päätti puheensa suomalaisittain - Katsomo - Ohjelmat - Uutisextra

What language does she speak in this video? I think it's swedish but she is in Finland. :ermm: Do Finns understand swedish (I think I remember swedish being a much spoken language in Finland because of the joined history of both countries) or is she actually speaking finnish?

And whatever the language is is it possible to get her words translated? I would really want to know what she says excatly.

Last edited:
I think she is doing the same things other royal girlfriend before the marriage. both charlene and kate was on the spotlight before marriage why not sofia, if i may add since the court already proctecting her that mean it is a done deal she is now part of the royal family. you all have to deal with it and move on, i cannot wait to see the wedding dress and the royal heirs...

Last edited by a moderator:
I think she is doing the same things other royal girlfriend before the marriage. both charlene and kate was on the spotlight before marriage
I do not remember Catherine Middleton and Charlene Wittstock meeting the Presidents of neighbouring countries at a media event 'before marriage', nor continuously giving interviews to the press about their own person, or being wined and dined publicly by foreign industrialists - all of it a little more than one year into their royal relationships and connections.
They did not participate in reality TV dating shows or pose fully in the nude for a living 'before marriage' either.
Consequently - no, I don't think that Miss Hellqvist is doing the same things as those others.

I do not remember Catherine Middleton and Charlene Wittstock meeting the Presidents of neighbouring countries at a media event 'before marriage', nor continuously giving interviews to the press about their own person, or being wined and dined publicly by foreign industrialists - all of it a little more than one year into their royal relationships and connections.
They did not participate in reality TV dating shows or pose fully in the nude for a living 'before marriage' either.
Consequently - no, I don't think that Miss Hellqvist is doing the same things as those others.

And I do not remember Catherine Middleton and Charlene Wittstock running their own charity project (correct me if I'm wrong with Charlene but Catherine sure didn't) so you're comparing apples with pears. Sofia meets these people as a charity project owner. Not as a member of the royal family (no matter what the finish media says). It's the same as when Charlene met with important people in her former role as a swimmer. And she did so even when she dated Albert.

Sofia spoke swedish in Finland, swedish is the other official language in Finland.
Here´s Sofia´s speech, I translated it from the finnish text in Iltalehti yesterday. So I don´t know how well the speech was translated from swedish to finnish.

"Dear ambassador (the phrase she used translated from finnish it would be like this), ministers, ladies and gentlemen,

We all on behalf of the entire Project Playground are humbly grateful that we were invited to Finland and the Strauss concert to collect your donation
This all has a great importance for our work for South Africa's disadvantaged children and a better life for young people.
Project Playground offers children and young people activities after school as an alternative to the street life. Many of the children have to face the horrors in their lives, and they have to carry such problems on their shoulders that no child should face.

The areas where black people live have high unemployment rates, over 50 per cent, alcohol and drug problems, violence, the spread of HIV and AIDS, and abuse. We want to encourage and motivate children to work towards a better future. Our children are the teachers, workers and managers of the future generation. By sport, play and leisure activities the children get the skills that are not necessarily taught at home or at school. We want our children to remain children as long as possible.

Once again, we thank all the companies which are involved in donating. We hope that this day is a good start for our cooperation with Finnish companies and individuals. Together, we can take small steps towards a better world. There are many ways to help, not only just financial. Can also help by opening the heart, opening our eyes and understanding of what happens elsewhere in the world, and disseminate information. These children need advocates."

* I still get very frustrated when I look Sofia flying around promoting herself and her relationship to the prince, when I remember how discreet Daniel, Jonas and Emma were while dating Victoria, Madeleine and Carl Philip. I thought that Emma Pernald was a fantastic woman, goodlooking and very professional and dignified. Daniel, Jonas and Emma had all worked or studied from a teenager, they had respectable jobs, they came from good families and they had impeccable backgrounds. And still they were treated so differently by the king and the court compared to Sofia with a very unquestionable background and jobs.

Last edited:
I still get very frustrated when I look Sofia flying around promoting herself and her relationship to the prince, when I remember how discreet Daniel, Jonas and Emma were while dating Victoria, Madeleine and Carl Philip. I thought that Emma Pernald was a fantastic woman, goodlooking and very professional and dignified. Daniel, Jonas and Emma had all worked or studied from a teenager, they had respectable jobs, they came from good families and they had impeccable backgrounds. And still they were treated so differently by the king and the court compared to Sofia with a very unquestionable background and jobs.

I'm frustrated also.
I think the scandal has a lot do with the king and court treating Sofia differently. The court has a lot of damage control to deal with and the last thing they're worried about is Sofia. But I feel like Sofia is using this vulnerable time to "sneak in" and establish her purposes. I think she's quite aware that a year ago this would not be happening. She's one of those women that has a plan. Everything she's doing seems calculated to me.

Last edited:
According to Jenny Alexandersson from Aftonbladet Carl Philip and Sofia spent the New Year at Carl Philip's house in Sunne in Värmland, he and Sofia go there quite often when they have free time, it has become their private hideaway when they are off from work and official duties. The couple had a great dinner and after midnight they went dancing to some local place.
Prins Carl Philips härliga nyårsfirande « Hovbloggen

Very good speech by Sofia. Unless you left it out, which I cannot imagine, there was not a single mention of her boyfriend.
As I recall Daniel came in for a lot of criticism for being under educated, a mere gym trainer, and very unsuitable for a Prince Consort. Now of course the story has changed. Jonas on the other hand was the ideal consort, and we know how perfect he turned out to be.

Very good speech by Sofia. Unless you left it out, which I cannot imagine, there was not a single mention of her boyfriend.

She's not stupid. She knows better than to mention the prince in her speech! I believe she would have mentioned him if it meant furthering her cause:whistling:

As I recall Daniel came in for a lot of criticism for being under educated, a mere gym trainer, and very unsuitable for a Prince Consort. Now of course the story has changed. Jonas on the other hand was the ideal consort, and we know how perfect he turned out to be.
Daniel was an entrepreneur already when he met Victoria, a co-owner of Master Training, where he worked as a personal trainer. Master Training expanded and now has two gyms in central Stockholm. In 2006, Daniel started up the company Balance, a gym featuring a new concept, also situated in central Stockholm. There was nothing shameful in Daniel´s work as a personal trainer.
Sofia knew very well when she came to Helsinki, that the press would write everywhere about "the girlfriend of Carl Philip coming to Finland", she also knew that the press would asked her about Carl Philip.
Sofia isn´t a good speaker, while looking at the video. But if she becomes a royal, she surely has time to train her speaking skills.

Last edited:
Oh I know what his occupation was and how successful he was but if you go back and read the comments made when they were dating, and even early during the engagement, a lot of people did not find him suitable at all and made many disparaging comments about him. He was certainly unfavorably compared to Jonas.

It would have been very nice to see the other founder of the Project Playground, Frida Vesterberg, also in Finland.

Photos from yesterday:
Ruotsin prinssin tyttöystävä Sofia Hellqvist Strauss-konsertissa Helsingissä | Lehtikuva | lehtikuva.fi
Sofia´s bag
http://www.profimedia.cz/fotografie/a-class-celberitysearchlink/profimedia-0112498987.jpg
Shoes
http://www.profimedia.cz/fotografie/a-class-celberitysearchlink/profimedia-0112498530.jpg

From Saturday´s Iltalehti, some of this at the website and the rest at the paper version

Sofia charmed Finland
- When other young people began to smoke and drink alcohol ten years ago, I began to rebel by becoming a vegetarian. I wanted to defend the rights of animals, Sofia Hellqvist says.
Sofia Hellqvist is perky and sporty, easily approachable and a modern international woman. It has been written that she is a beauty, but rather, she is a lively and sporty girl. One could imagine to run into her in a sweaty jogging track, not meet her lounging in a beauty saloon.
- I do yoga every morning at least half an hour. If I have time, even an hour. Yoga helps me to keep my mind in balance, Sofia says.
The darling of prince Carl Philip is namely a yoga teacher. She acquired a degree while working as a model in New York.
Sofia changes from swedish to english respecting the language choice her discussion partner has made. She grabs my arm and laughs unprovocatively but very determined to my question if she has taught yoga to Carl Philip.
In the regulations given to the press it is asked to avoid the questions about the Swedish court. Earlier it was told that “Sofia Hellqvist will answer to the questions of the reporters, if she wants to”.
With a very hearty laugh she passes all the questions about her private life.
- Carl Philip isn´t with me here, she clarified without telling where the prince was.

Sofia had her sister Lina and her friend Mikael Enbland with her in Finland, they both work in Project Playground.
Sofia refused very determined not to comment possible wedding plans.
Although the cameras were flashing and the reporters tried to get some secrets out of her, Sofia said that she felt so wonderfully relaxed, just fantastic.
She may be prepared, or even already is, in a similar princess school, which Daniel passed by flying colours.
- The last time I was in Finland when I was a child, I was in Turku. Thursday was a very nice day, they showed me around Helsinki. We even went to the Senate Square, said Sofia before she gave herself in to speak with great warmth about her charity work to reporters and to those representants of culture, politics and business, who waited to meet her in person.
Carl-Philipin Sofia hurmasi Suomen | Viihde | Iltalehti.fi

Last edited:
People here and in the media keep talking about how an engagement will happen after Victoria's baby, but I can't help but think that that last engagement that got piggybacked on Victoria milestone didn't work out too well. :whistling:

What happened to the other lovely young lady he was with for a number of years? I thought they would marry? Has she ever spoken about what happened?

Thank you for the lovely pictures! What a lovely lady ---- !

As for the other woman now in the spotlight ---- no comment!!

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back
Top Bottom