Press Reports about Carl Philip and Sofia Hellqvist, Part 1: Jan. 2010 - April 2012

If you have answers, please help by responding to the unanswered posts.
Status
Not open for further replies.
Do the press in Sweden comment on the relationship and much as people on these boards do? Do they take the same negative attitude towards Sofia as many posters here?
Svensk Damtidning had written lot of positive articles about Sofia and CP (working a little, hasn't finished his studies). At the same time they call Madeleine as lazy (when she is working in NY and around the world). Sofia's PR team is 'working' hard. Also palace spokeman is often commenting whole situation (Sofia and CP are even not engaged) which is the hardest to understand. I don't know what regular Swedes think but I suppose that they're not too happy with his prince choice.

To tell the truth , I don't know if it's better for the sake of the RF to ask Carl Philip to renounce his title and/or succesion rights, in a wedding case or worst. I understand all those who say that a woman like Sofia could harm the institution, but imo, the alternative might be more dangerous. If Sofia is a fame seeking person as, people have stated here before,then she could be using Carl Philip to get a bigger platorm and if she wants to become an A list celebrity through him, then it's best IMO to make her part of the family and restraint her this way. As a member of the RF, she will be controlled by the PR, the "grey men" etc. Otherwise, if she is a private person after marriage and so completely free to do as she wishes, we mind end up seeing the sister in law of the future Sovereign in a reality or talent show:ermm:

Cleopatra was a Queen and posed naked inside a rug (the snake came later).

Yes, but she did on closing her eyes and thinking of her country. Or so. :ROFLMAO::ROFLMAO:

And there was queen Guinevere, no? Can't remember the circumstance in which she did it in the legend but didn't she walk or ride all covered by her own hair?

T If Sofia is a fame seeking person as, people have stated here before,then she could be using Carl Philip to get a bigger platorm and if she wants to become an A list celebrity through him, then it's best IMO to make her part of the family and restraint her this way. As a member of the RF, she will be controlled by the PR, the "grey men" etc. Otherwise, if she is a private person after marriage and so completely free to do as she wishes, we mind end up seeing the sister in law of the future Sovereign in a reality or talent show:ermm:

The BRF failed with Sarah, as much as the "grey men" tried to restrain her. And which Royal Family really wants a repeat of that disaster?

Yes, but she did on closing her eyes and thinking of her country. Or so. :ROFLMAO::ROFLMAO:

And there was queen Guinevere, no? Can't remember the circumstance in which she did it in the legend but didn't she walk or ride all covered by her own hair?

The naked lady in question is Lady Godiva. wife of Leofric, Earl of Mercia. She was the only woman registered in the Domesday Book as landholder.
The legend says she went naked on horseback through Conventry to make her husband decrease the taxation that was opressing the population. Yes, she was only covered with her hair but before doing that she prohibited everybody to stay outdoors and asked them to shut their doors and windows.

I don't think Sofia is as intelligent as Cleopatra (albeit being smart) or as good hearted as Godiva (even being comited to her charity work) :ROFLMAO:

We shall see, if Sofia accompanies Carl Philip on his visit to South Africa 1st to 5th December, maybe they will celebrate Sofia´s birthday (6th December) there...

Is Svensk Damtidning a paper of record or more like the Swedish version of the Daily Mail?

Is Svensk Damtidning a paper of record or more like the Swedish version of the Daily Mail?

Svensk Damtidning is a magazine for women, concentrating mainly on royals. It´s becoming more and more a gossip magazine IMO.

Posts linking to and discussing a nude portrait of "Letizia" have been removed.

It's similar to Hello! magazine, it's a gossip paper and it calls itself "The Royal Weekly", it's all about royals and celebrities and I doubt there have been one single cover without a Swedish royal on it since the engagement between king Carl Gustav and Silvia Sommerlath. Their homepage: Svensk Damtidning

I read from Iltalehti today (it quotes yesterday´s Expressen) that Carl Philip and Sofia were on a three-week-holiday in Thailand in October, and now they have been a couple of weeks in South Africa.

At Aftonbladet Klick!
Carl Philip has not managed to take one credit at his school in the fall. Busy work schedule, says the court (!!!). But according to sources of Klick! it is his favourite Sofia who got in the way.
- The past year has only been about Sofia. His friends tease him frequently to be a slipper, said a person with insight.
Read all about the prince's transformation - and find out why Sofia has him in an iron grip - only in this weekend's edition of Klick!
Läs de hetaste kändisnyheterna i Klick! | Klick! | Nöjesbladet | Aftonbladethttp://www.aftonbladet.se/nojesbladet/klick/article13883147.ab

I hope he finishes his studies soon.The sooner he does it,the faster he will finish it.

LadyFinn said:
At Aftonbladet Klick!
Carl Philip has not managed to take one credit at his school in the fall. Busy work schedule, says the court (!!!). [\QUOTE]

Wow, I'll be impressed if they managed to say that with a straight face.

Iltalehti quotes yesterday´s Expressen:
The school attendance of Carl Philip is bad and he hasn´t earned credits after the summer. Carl Philip and Sofia spent three weeks in Thailand, and almost a month in South Africa. Expressen writes that the enthusiasm for travel is a result from a relationship crisis.
Sofia feels rejected and doubts for her love, which is why the couple has decided to escape from the daily life with traveling.
- Now it is really difficult. This is too much, Carl Philip is told to have told his friends during a short visit to Stockholm.
Sofia is very annoyed about how Carl Philip repeatedly selects his friend before her. For example, in the summer Carl Philip went to the closing of boarding school Lundberg with a group of his friends and left Sofia at home.
The former naked model Sofia has been bullied by prince's friends and his family (by Madeleine, as told previously).
According to Expressen Sofia, who is very self-respected, has at least twice questioned the whole relationship.
Expressen: Carl Philipin ja Sofian suhde kriisissä | Viihde | Iltalehti.fi

But at today´s Aftonbladet Sofia denies that the couple is in a crisis.
Carl Philip is currently in Sweden to attend the Nobel banquet, while Sofia Hellqvist is still in South Africa where she works with the charity Project Playground.
Yesterday the media reports claimed that the couple would undergo a crisis. Something that they strongly denied.
- No, absolutely not, we feel good! says Sofia Hellqvist.

In recent weeks they were in South Africa together. The prince had official duties for five days and worked with his company CPB design, while Sofia worked with her charitable projects. The pair also celebrated her birthday. This year, Carl Philip has started working even closer to his girlfriend. He has been involved in Project Playground more and more, he has been in the board of the PP for some time.
And also the court denies the news about a crisis in Carl Philip´s and Sofia Hellqvist's relationship.
- This is simply not true. I've talked to the prince during the day and there is no truth in that they would undergo some form of crisis, says Bertil Ternert, court information officer.
Sofia will return to Sweden in mid-December.
Sofia och Carl Philip slår hål på krisryktet | Nyheter | Aftonbladet

Last edited:
Why court make any comments about CP and Sofia? I still can't get it.

I can't believe it either that the Bernadotte PR Chief Ternert keeps making comments about the alleged state of the Prince's relationship, blabbing over the phone to tabloids... embarrassing.

I find it highly unnecessary that the official spokesperson of a royal family makes comments to tabloids that all is well in the relationship of the Prince and his girlfriend, reacting to other tabloids' articles that all is not too well in the relationship of the Prince and his girlfriend.
The very useful 'No comment' doesn't seem to be part of the talkative Ternert's vocabulary.

Last edited by a moderator:
:previous:

Agreed, Boris. the information department of the Swedish Royal Court has been a dismal failure since the departure of ETW and it just gets progressively worse. Who is doing the hiring of these idiots?

I can't believe it either that the Bernadotte PR Chief Ternert keeps making comments about the alleged state of the Prince's relationship, blabbing over the phone to tabloids... embarrassing.

I can't believe it either.
This is a disgrace! They could learn something from the British court...they never commented on Will and Kates relationship!

:previous:

Agreed, Boris. the information department of the Swedish Royal Court has been a dismal failure since the departure of ETW and it just gets progressively worse. Who is doing the hiring of these idiots?
It was also worse before but it seems it has become even worser now.

The very useful 'No comment' doesn't seem to be part of the talkative Ternert's vocabulary.

Yes, Ternert doesn´t seem to know the term "No comment", except when he has to comment the king´s scandal. Can anyone imagine Tarras-Wahlberg babbling like this: "Everything is fine with the crown princess and Daniel Westling. I have talked with the crown princess today and she told me that they are happier than ever". Never in a million years...

I am waiting for the day Ternert will go on Twitter to let people know when CP has a cold or Sofia brushes her teeth :eek: What is wrong with this man. For me, the worst ever remains Ternert not intervening when CG was asked to define a "strip club".

Whatever Ternert does I don't think he does it completely on his own. For that he is to long on the job. So the comments he makes to the press are approved from the SRF themself. Shouldn't that tell us his boss (=the SRF) thinks he does his job right no matter what WE might think? Maybe this is the result of a new plan to be more open to the public? More palpable to the ordinary people instead of fairytale figures who live behind closed doors?

Whatever Ternert does I don't think he does it completely on his own. For that he is to long on the job. So the comments he makes to the press are approved from the SRF themself. Shouldn't that tell us his boss (=the SRF) thinks he does his job right no matter what WE might think? Maybe this is the result of a new plan to be more open to the public? More palpable to the ordinary people instead of fairytale figures who live behind closed doors?

... by having a monarch defining a strip club?

I get your point but I dont think this is the right approach.

And I agree with you - very likely that CG receives these ill-guided instructions from the King himself, who seems deluded about his public perception.

Of course he is not completey alone and he does consult with the royal family but its his job to know how to comment on a particular situation! IMO Tenert is not doing his job well. The King and Queen have got a lot on their plate and the last thing they need is to continually edit their spokesperson. Ternert should know what to say, how to say it and when to say it! If he can't do that he really shouldn't have that job. The SRF is a laughingstock!

Who know, maybe King thinks that if he'll focus on CP&S's relationship, he won't get so much press interest :whistling:

Last edited:
You can listen to an interview of Sofia

she speaks english very good almost no accent:)

but I prefer to watch this interview

she is so confident talk about her boyfriend!

Last edited:
she speaks english very good almost no accent:)

but I prefer to watch this interview

she is so confident talk about her boyfriend!

That is something that I don´t like at all. Since she isn´t part of the royal family, she should not be talking about them in public and above all, not using CP´s connections to her benefit. In every possible interview and connection she underlines that she is the girlfriend of the prince.

Last edited:
^^^^
Well she doesnt mention the prince by name, merely says that her unnamed boyfriend connected her with the Volvo race.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back
Top Bottom