The Royal Forums Coat of Arms

Go Back   The Royal Forums > Reigning Houses > Royal House of Sweden > Current Events Archive

Join The Royal Forums Today
Closed Thread
 
Thread Tools Search this Thread Display Modes
 
  #1281  
Old 06-04-2011, 12:48 AM
CrownPrincess5's Avatar
Heir Presumptive
 
Join Date: Jan 2010
Location: Beverly Hills, California, United States
Posts: 2,555
Quote:
Originally Posted by SpeedDial

Yep, back in around November 2009 (before the public knew about her thing with CP), she had a Twitter account and wrote, "Want to know a secret? I'm dating the prince!" I don't know if she still has a Twitter (probably not), but when I read that I automatically thought fame-hungry (not to mention all her past activities). Why was there a need for her write that unless she wanted attention?
No she quickly deleted her twitter account right after she posted that message. If that isn't fame hungry then I don't know what it is.
__________________

__________________
I don't dream at night, I dream all day. I dream for a living.
-Steven Spielberg
  #1282  
Old 06-04-2011, 12:32 PM
Lulu_tka's Avatar
Gentry
 
Join Date: Jun 2010
Location: Kyiv, Ukraine
Posts: 56
some article but I have no access for full article

Här får Sofia sin revansch | Klick! | Nöjesbladet | Aftonbladet
__________________

  #1283  
Old 06-06-2011, 07:00 AM
auntie's Avatar
Royal Highness
 
Join Date: Jul 2005
Location: Middlesex, United Kingdom
Posts: 1,506
One thing is for sure, if the monarchy is abolished Sofia will be out of the relationship like a whirlwind. If cp doesn't have an official role, like the Duke of York and Earl of Wessex, why doesn't he pursue a career, like the Dutch princes and come to the formal functions, and get along with their lives
  #1284  
Old 06-06-2011, 10:25 AM
KitKat2006's Avatar
Courtier
 
Join Date: Aug 2009
Location: Oldenburg, Germany
Posts: 593
I feel like Bill Murray in "Groundhog Day" every time I drop by here. Sometimes I can't stop shaking my head in agony about what's written here, but most of the times I'm just laughing about all this blablabla.

Let's face it girls. It's not us who decide on this matter. It's CP and Sofia and whatever they decide we have to live with. No matter if we like it or not. We just have to live with it or ignore it if they make a final decision we don't like. Which in my case would be a permanent break up.

You all may be right. She can't change the past, but she can change her future. And honestly I admire people who can honestly say "I made a few bad decisions when I was young, but I recognized it and worked to change for the better.". Those people are way better than people who say "OK, I made a few bad decisions when I was young and that's it. My life is over. Why don't I go and shoot myself and free the world of my pathetic life?". Because people who can change are able to see own flaws and get rid of them. Which means, they're human and no robots.

We don't know yet to which group of people Sofia belongs. She could belong to the latter, but there are more hints to the former IMO. Because since she openly dates CP there haven't been any scandals involving her. IMO it looks like she wants to change and if she does it only to be a good girlfriend for CP (like most of you think) then why see it negativ? I think, she knows what she owes to CP. And she's doing a good job so far.
__________________
Prejudice is opinion without judgement.
- Voltaire (1694 - 1778) -

I'm a firm supporter of fair chance's.
Use your chance, Sofia. You're doing a fine job so far.
  #1285  
Old 06-06-2011, 12:23 PM
auntie's Avatar
Royal Highness
 
Join Date: Jul 2005
Location: Middlesex, United Kingdom
Posts: 1,506
Some people say they made a mistake, just to please people into thi nking that they have really changed...It dosen't always come from a place of soul wrenching honesty
  #1286  
Old 06-06-2011, 02:57 PM
Aristocracy
 
Join Date: May 2010
Location: Atlanta, United States
Posts: 191
this is my opinion....but of course she isnt going to do anything rash that might jeopardize her relationship with carlp
  #1287  
Old 06-06-2011, 03:46 PM
KitKat2006's Avatar
Courtier
 
Join Date: Aug 2009
Location: Oldenburg, Germany
Posts: 593
Quote:
Originally Posted by auntie View Post
Some people say they made a mistake, just to please people into thi nking that they have really changed...It dosen't always come from a place of soul wrenching honesty
Some people do, some don't. But who are we to judge to which gruop of people Sofia belongs? We don't know her personally.
__________________
Prejudice is opinion without judgement.
- Voltaire (1694 - 1778) -

I'm a firm supporter of fair chance's.
Use your chance, Sofia. You're doing a fine job so far.
  #1288  
Old 06-06-2011, 03:53 PM
Duke of Marmalade's Avatar
Imperial Majesty
TRF Author
 
Join Date: May 2007
Location: Frankfurt am Main, Germany
Posts: 11,557
Quote:
Originally Posted by KitKat2006 View Post
Some people do, some don't. But who are we to judge to which gruop of people Sofia belongs? We don't know her personally.
If members are only to judge people they know personally TRF can be closed down immediately. Its a message board where opinions are exchanged, not the ultimate guardian of truth.
  #1289  
Old 06-06-2011, 05:37 PM
auntie's Avatar
Royal Highness
 
Join Date: Jul 2005
Location: Middlesex, United Kingdom
Posts: 1,506
Somehow, the feeling of the majority of people who read and particiapte in these boards is bad regarding Sofia. Not that any of us know her personally, and I'm sure there is the issue of jealousy, but she was not a discreet or respectable person in general. The level of negativity is nothing in comparison to the level aimed at any other girlfriend of a royal. The reason being imho, is that we want to look up to our royals as being better people, of a higher than average standard, if not proffesionaly, then most certainly personally, and I am sorry, but the way Sofia behaves, looks etc, just doesn't seem to give that impression. Say what you want, but ask the middle class westerner, and they will all display distaste for Sofia and the likes of her.
  #1290  
Old 06-06-2011, 06:26 PM
KitKat2006's Avatar
Courtier
 
Join Date: Aug 2009
Location: Oldenburg, Germany
Posts: 593
Quote:
Originally Posted by Duke of Marmalade View Post
If members are only to judge people they know personally TRF can be closed down immediately. Its a message board where opinions are exchanged, not the ultimate guardian of truth.
Maybe the members of TRF (and forums in general) should better start to discuss people and not judge them. Discussing is okay, judging is not okay. But unfortunatley most of the time Sofia is being judged here and not fairly discussed.
__________________
Prejudice is opinion without judgement.
- Voltaire (1694 - 1778) -

I'm a firm supporter of fair chance's.
Use your chance, Sofia. You're doing a fine job so far.
  #1291  
Old 06-06-2011, 06:49 PM
Karisma's Avatar
Nobility
 
Join Date: Aug 2005
Location: Kristianstad, Sweden
Posts: 371
Well written!

Quote:
Originally Posted by KitKat2006 View Post
Maybe the members of TRF (and forums in general) should better start to discuss people and not judge them. Discussing is okay, judging is not okay. But unfortunatley most of the time Sofia is being judged here and not fairly discussed.
Well written! I just have to agree with what you wrote. It could not be said better. Some spend part, one after the other, to condemn something we do not know. First, we must emphasize that you do not have any relationship before it is published by the royal court. Secondly, there are so many examples of the now-respected royals who (allegedly) having had dirty backgrounds. Is it about nudity, there are endless examples of the now-respected royal circles. And we have even royalty has done worse things and later largely been canonized. I agree in the strongest of the many here would move its focus from finding fault, and instead take the discussion forward.
  #1292  
Old 06-06-2011, 07:18 PM
Moonmaiden23's Avatar
Majesty
 
Join Date: Jul 2007
Location: Los Angeles, United States
Posts: 6,460
Quote:
Originally Posted by auntie View Post
Somehow, the feeling of the majority of people who read and particiapte in these boards is bad regarding Sofia. Not that any of us know her personally, and I'm sure there is the issue of jealousy, but she was not a discreet or respectable person in general. The level of negativity is nothing in comparison to the level aimed at any other girlfriend of a royal. The reason being imho, is that we want to look up to our royals as being better people, of a higher than average standard, if not proffesionaly, then most certainly personally, and I am sorry, but the way Sofia behaves, looks etc, just doesn't seem to give that impression. Say what you want, but ask the middle class westerner, and they will all display distaste for Sofia and the likes of her.
Another brilliant post auntie...very insightful!

I know that Royals are human beings and they are the same as you and I.

But then again...they really are not. And I do not look up to reality TV stars or soft porn stars, I don't care how they have managed to "change"..and that is what Sofia Hellqvist will always be to me no matter what. I get a very, very bad feeling just looking at her photos.

I have no doubt that if the monarchy in Sweden were to be abolished, and C-P became Carl Philip Bernadotte who had to toil as a mechanic for a living, Sofia would be off and on to greener pastures.

If CP is foolish enough to marry this girl I will not hang around and snipe at SRF...I will simply lose interest in the entire lot of them, even Victoria and Daniel.
  #1293  
Old 06-07-2011, 08:47 AM
KitKat2006's Avatar
Courtier
 
Join Date: Aug 2009
Location: Oldenburg, Germany
Posts: 593
Quote:
Originally Posted by Moonmaiden23 View Post
And I do not look up to reality TV stars or soft porn stars, I don't care how they have managed to "change"..and that is what Sofia Hellqvist will always be to me no matter what. I get a very, very bad feeling just looking at her photos.
No offence, Moonmaiden23, but in that case YOU are the problem in this matter. Not Sofia. Because while she (hypotetically) managed to change you are not able to do the same. And that's not her fault but yours.
__________________
Prejudice is opinion without judgement.
- Voltaire (1694 - 1778) -

I'm a firm supporter of fair chance's.
Use your chance, Sofia. You're doing a fine job so far.
  #1294  
Old 06-07-2011, 12:09 PM
Moonmaiden23's Avatar
Majesty
 
Join Date: Jul 2007
Location: Los Angeles, United States
Posts: 6,460
No offense taken KitKat...but I am not the problem.

I am not the King of a country with a growing Republican movement and an embattled monarchy, who has a son precariously close to the Throne who is dating an indiscreet porno actress and model and may yet try to sell her to the country as it's next Princess.

A Prince who is also by the way, widely perceived as lazy and not terribly bright.

Nope...the "problem" in that sense is Carl-Philip and his dicey lover.

Why pray tell, must I "change?" And how is any of this my fault?
  #1295  
Old 06-07-2011, 12:37 PM
Bine221's Avatar
Serene Highness
 
Join Date: Aug 2005
Location: Munich, Germany
Posts: 1,318
Hey, hey, calm down everybody.

In the end it is CPs and Sofias solely decision. While nearly everybody on this thread (including me) is not particular fond of Sofia and her past I tend to agree with some posters (to be on the positive side) that people can change.... best example was Mette-Marit and we only can hope for CP, that the same will happen to Sofia in case he may decide to marry her.

In case they may split, we will see, whether we will hear some "inside mud" of CP and the SRF....

Time will tell
BYe Bine
  #1296  
Old 06-07-2011, 02:41 PM
Karisma's Avatar
Nobility
 
Join Date: Aug 2005
Location: Kristianstad, Sweden
Posts: 371
Negative attitude and sharp tongue

Quote:
Originally Posted by Moonmaiden23 View Post
No offense taken KitKat...but I am not the problem.

I am not the King of a country with a growing Republican movement and an embattled monarchy, who has a son precariously close to the Throne who is dating an indiscreet porno actress and model and may yet try to sell her to the country as it's next Princess.

A Prince who is also by the way, widely perceived as lazy and not terribly bright.

Nope...the "problem" in that sense is Carl-Philip and his dicey lover.

Why pray tell, must I "change?" And how is any of this my fault?
It happens to be that the monarchy in Sweden have been among the strongest support of all Monarchies. Both government and opposition have full confidence in the monarch. The debate for and against Sofia is hardly in Sweden Abbate Ann in the worst gossip magazines. And even death is like a warm summer breeze compared to how it is allowed in other royal families in any royalty had the company of someone who gossip columns do not like. I think you should remind you how it looked in our neighborhood and that people can actually change their minds. Even people in the circuits that thrives on gossip. We'll see if there is any announcement from the court.
  #1297  
Old 06-07-2011, 03:00 PM
CrownPrincess5's Avatar
Heir Presumptive
 
Join Date: Jan 2010
Location: Beverly Hills, California, United States
Posts: 2,555
Quote:
Originally Posted by auntie
Somehow, the feeling of the majority of people who read and particiapte in these boards is bad regarding Sofia. Not that any of us know her personally, and I'm sure there is the issue of jealousy, but she was not a discreet or respectable person in general. The level of negativity is nothing in comparison to the level aimed at any other girlfriend of a royal. The reason being imho, is that we want to look up to our royals as being better people, of a higher than average standard, if not proffesionaly, then most certainly personally, and I am sorry, but the way Sofia behaves, looks etc, just doesn't seem to give that impression. Say what you want, but ask the middle class westerner, and they will all display distaste for Sofia and the likes of her.
I second that...this is a brilliant post.

I think it would be easy to disregard the nude photos if Sofia weren't so bent on fame. Besides posing nude...being a "fame-whore" is distasteful and a turn off to a lot of people. Like I said, this relationship doesn't strike me as genuine. I feel like both CP and Sofia are using each other.
__________________
I don't dream at night, I dream all day. I dream for a living.
-Steven Spielberg
  #1298  
Old 06-07-2011, 03:19 PM
Moonmaiden23's Avatar
Majesty
 
Join Date: Jul 2007
Location: Los Angeles, United States
Posts: 6,460
Someone...I think it was Zonk? Posted something a few weeks ago that has stayed with me for days.

A lot of people-usually young people...think they should be able to make stupid, bad decisions about their lives and NOT face any negative consequences resulting from them. Not ever. Never.

But there are some decisions that we make in our lives that have serious and lasting consequences. For example, if you are convicted of stealing you will probably never get that job you really want in the bank.

And no one is interested in how much you have "changed" years later..that's simply the way it is.

This attitude(I can do whatever I want with no lasting damage or consequences, and I am not responsible because I CHANGED) is extremely prevalent all over the world, not just in Sweden or Europe but in America as well.

I don't know whether Sofia has "changed" or not...but I tend to believe that she is as narcissistic and opportunistic as ever.

Time will tell, but I do not think this is the type of young lady that other girls should be able to look at and possible emulate in their private lives.

She will not be my Princess, or my Queen..or a member of my Royal Family, so I agree in that sense I have no say at all.

And IF there is a groundswell of support in Sweden for Sofia and C-P to marry, then absolutely they should.

But for myself? I will lose interest. And no, that does not mean that I am the problem, or that I have the problem.

That's really it in a nutshell for me.
  #1299  
Old 06-07-2011, 04:05 PM
Iva's Avatar
Iva Iva is offline
Courtier
 
Join Date: Dec 2009
Location: -, Slovakia
Posts: 514
Quote:
Originally Posted by Moonmaiden23 View Post
Someone...I think it was Zonk? Posted something a few weeks ago that has stayed with me for days.

A lot of people-usually young people...think they should be able to make stupid, bad decisions about their lives and NOT face any negative consequences resulting from them. Not ever. Never.

But there are some decisions that we make in our lives that have serious and lasting consequences. For example, if you are convicted of stealing you will probably never get that job you really want in the bank.

And no one is interested in how much you have "changed" years later..that's simply the way it is.

This attitude(I can do whatever I want with no lasting damage or consequences, and I am not responsible because I CHANGED) is extremely prevalent all over the world, not just in Sweden or Europe but in America as well.
I agree with you on this. You make your decisions, you bear the consequences, that's how it works.
I've already stated my opinion about Sofia way ago. If she was a girlfriend of my friend or my neighbour, I wouldn't most likely care about her photos or reality show appearance. But she's a girlfriend of a prince, by marriage unless he's stripped of his title etc. she will be in a position to, to some extend represent her country. I'm not swedish citizen, but I know that I wouldn't want to be represented by someone who's first 10 google hits are bikini photos and you're lucky if you get only those. You can change, but you can't erase the past and your actions, they always stay with you.
  #1300  
Old 06-07-2011, 04:33 PM
Nobility
 
Join Date: Jan 2009
Location: Lafayette, United States
Posts: 500
Hello, Kettle...this is Pot...you're black!

Quote:
Originally Posted by KitKat2006 View Post
Maybe the members of TRF (and forums in general) should better start to discuss people and not judge them. Discussing is okay, judging is not okay. But unfortunatley most of the time Sofia is being judged here and not fairly discussed.
I respect that you have a point of view, KitKat2006, and I commend you for your loyalty to Sofia (or your image of her). But your insistence that she has changed/learned from mistakes/etc. and that everyone should give her a break is, in itself, judging her. You are judging her to be a person that you consider sweet/nice/acceptable/(insert adjective). If judging is not okay, consider your own.

In addition, I find it extremely judgemental to suggest to MoonMaiden23 that she is the problem because she expresses a viewpoint opposed to yours. And MoonMaiden23 isn't even a public figure!

Quote:
Originally Posted by CrownPrincess5 View Post
I second that...this is a brilliant post.

I think it would be easy to disregard the nude photos if Sofia weren't so bent on fame. Besides posing nude...being a "fame-whore" is distasteful and a turn off to a lot of people. Like I said, this relationship doesn't strike me as genuine. I feel like both CP and Sofia are using each other.
Exactly, CrownPrincess5! Almost all of the defenses of Sofia have centered around her inappropriate pictures and participation in that tacky reality show. Many have pointed out the bigger problem with Sofia is the goal of being famous. I have posted at least twice about this. And there has never been one response to this criticism....IMHO because there is not a logical defense of her behavior. The nudie pics are just a symptom. The bigger problem is her attitude and goals...which no one seems to address.
__________________

Closed Thread

Tags
prince carl philip, relationship, relationships


Currently Active Users Viewing This Thread: 1 (0 members and 1 guests)
 
Thread Tools Search this Thread
Search this Thread:

Advanced Search
Display Modes

Posting Rules
You may not post new threads
You may not post replies
You may not post attachments
You may not edit your posts

BB code is On
Smilies are On
[IMG] code is On
HTML code is Off
Trackbacks are Off
Pingbacks are Off
Refbacks are Off


Similar Threads
Thread Thread Starter Forum Replies Last Post
Press Reports about Carl Philip and Sofia Hellqvist, Part 2: April 2012 - June 2014 Marengo Current Events Archive 2016 06-27-2014 12:18 PM




Popular Tags
ascot 2016 best gown best gown september 2016 best hat best outfit catherine middleton style coup d'etat crown prince haakon crown princess mary crown princess mary fashion crown princess mette-marit current events duchess of cambridge dutch state visit e-mail fashion poll grand duke jean greece haakon kate middleton king abdullah ii king abdullah in australia king felipe king felipe vi king willem-alexander madeleine member introduction monarchy new zealand nobel gala norway november 2016 october 2016 opening of parliament picture of the week prince bernhard prince charles princess madeleine princess marie princess mary princess mary daytime fashion princess mary fashion princess mary hats queen elizabeth ii queen letizia queen letizia casual outfits queen letizia daytime fashion queen letizia fashion queen letizia style queen mathilde queen mathildes outfits queen maxima queen maxima casual wear queen maxima daytime fashion queen maxima fashion queen maxima hats queen maxima style queen rania royal fashion september 2016 sheikh hamdan bin mohammed state visit state visit to denmark succession sweden the duchess of cambridge the duchess of cambridge casual wear the duchess of cambridge daytime fashion the duchess of cambridge fashion the duchess of cambridge hats


Our Communities

Our communities encompass many different hobbies and interests, but each one is built on friendly, intelligent membership.

» More about our Communities

Automotive Communities

Our Automotive communities encompass many different makes and models. From U.S. domestics to European Saloons.

» More about our Automotive Communities

Marine Communities

Our Marine websites focus on Cruising and Sailing Vessels, including forums and the largest cruising Wiki project on the web today.

» More about our Marine Communities


Copyright 2002- Social Knowledge, LLC All Rights Reserved.

All times are GMT -4. The time now is 09:33 PM.

Social Knowledge Networks

eXTReMe Tracker
Powered by vBulletin
Copyright ©2000 - 2016
Jelsoft Enterprises